E3 2012

I was expecting surprises, seeing as Scott Mofitt said at the beginning "we have some things to show you that you haven't seen before." :P

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

too far in production for that to be even half a good idea,

Which company would this be; if it's Capcom, it's never too far. :rolleyes:But, since we're talking about Sony, it's probably too far, yes. *Nods*
Think its 2k running the show? Bioshock is a multi platform series. Just not on the Wii.Sucks to be you guys.
Ah, right, it's Rockstar's series. Still, they haven't exactly canceled something right before releasing a prologue to the main game everyone wanted, so they're still better than Capcom. =P

I was expecting surprises, seeing as Scott Mofitt said at the beginning "we have some things to show you that you haven't seen before." :P

Exactly. Though, he might've considered those trailers new. Alucard wasn't a surprise, we had heard about that a couple days before. xD

too far in production for that to be even half a good idea,

Which company would this be; if it's Capcom, it's never too far. :rolleyes:But, since we're talking about Sony, it's probably too far, yes. *Nods*
Think its 2k running the show? Bioshock is a multi platform series. Just not on the Wii.Sucks to be you guys.
Ah, right, it's Rockstar's series. Still, they haven't exactly canceled something right before releasing a prologue to the main game everyone wanted, so they're still better than Capcom. =P

Exactly. Though, he might've considered those trailers new. Alucard wasn't a surprise, we had heard about that a couple days before. xD
Bioshock is an Irrational Games product, which is owned by 2K. Anywho, what games did you guys hope would be revealed or talked about at E3? I would've loved to see Alan Wake 2, which was rumored to make an appearance according to some tweets by one of the game's producers. Last year, Microsoft also showed off Ryse, developed by Crytek, which was supposed to be a "hardcore" Kinect-only game. Also missing from Microsoft's presser last year? Blades of Time, Overstrike, Defiance, and the open-world zombie game that sounded intriguing, Class3. I would've liked information on Grand Theft Auto 5 and Bioshock Infinite, as well.

What is dead may never die.

... Okay, I'm officially confused as to Bioshock's company, so I'll just nod at the explanation of it's company, and just keep quiet now, to avoid making myself look bad. =PI was expecting some new Nintendo stuff for the Wii U, but if you look, that didn't exactly happen. xD Sure, we got new stuff, but nothing like what we expected.I honestly expected some news on the Nintendo Network, as well. =/

I have made a few conclusions from this year's e3.1. Nintendo has gone completely insane. Or has gone insaner, I guess. 2. Every other company involved in this is convention has become placid and complacent and aren't worth paying attention to at this juncture. Except Naughty Dog. Naughty Dog is amazing. However, we knew that already, so it really doesn't count.

Edited by Leada

27823982019_d53174fab1_b.jpg

... Okay, I'm officially confused as to Bioshock's company, so I'll just nod at the explanation of it's company, and just keep quiet now, to avoid making myself look bad. =PI was expecting some new Nintendo stuff for the Wii U, but if you look, that didn't exactly happen. xD Sure, we got new stuff, but nothing like what we expected.I honestly expected some news on the Nintendo Network, as well. =/

Where'd you get Rockstar from? 2k Games makes sports games, Rockstar makes Grand Theft Auto.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Where'd you get Rockstar from? 2k Games makes sports games, Rockstar makes Grand Theft Auto.
Could've sworn Rockstar made a popular series as well, though I know who 2K is; I just didn't connect you saying 2k to mean the actual company, which is kinda fail. -_-;

I searched "Wii u" on gamestop, and apparently the games are going to cost $100... I'm going to guess that the console itself will cost $300 - $400. E3 was pretty cool, a lot of good games coming out soon. Medal of honor warfighter, Gears of War (keep forgetting exactly what it's called), Black Ops 2, Halo 4 and Crysis 3 all look awesome.I didn't bother watching the nintendo conference because I'm not really a fan of nintendo as much as I used to be. And since Wii U is gonna be pretty expensive, I doubt I'll be getting it.

ayy lmao

What? *checks GameStop* Whoah... I'm pretty sure those won't be final prices, as WiiU isn't so powerful that it's games deserve to be twice as much as the Wii's... Also, I'm pretty sure that that's the price of the DS Lite now...Anyways, it's unlikely I'd pay more than $60-70 for a single game, unless it's an impot or special edition, and then it had better be with the darn money. I know for a fact that Ninja Gaiden 3 isn't worth $100.

... The heck, Gamestop?If these are the final prices, then it's almost guaranteed that someone's doing some price gouging, likely the retailers, given that Digital Downloads are probably starting to make them nervous, gaming wise.

Guys.Are you nuts?Of course they won't be selling games for $100. That's insane. Nobody would buy games for that much xD

Edited by Ddude the Insane

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Thing is, paying the price of a new DS Lite or two Wii games or 2/3 of a Wii for a single, standard edition of a game is truly insane. I'd expect the games to be around $60, as a lot of the games will be released on XBox and PS3 for $60, and $40 more for pretty much the same game is the most stupid thing ive heard.

$100 is ridiculous, there's no way that's final. no one is going to pay $100 for year-old games like Arkham City and Mass Effect 3.also they'd better think of a way to make that "Miiverse" thing non-trollable, cuz the way they've got it now, they'l be in for a mess.

This topic so far

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it, did a tree fall?

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

Miiverse is going to send Nintendo into reverse. (sorry, couldn't resist =P)Anyways, on the $100 WiiU games price tag- prices differ around the world, so while a game might cost $40 USD in America, the same game might cost the equivalent of $85-90 USD in Japan. So it might just be a direct conversion from a price in yen (which I don't know if they've announced), or an obnoxiously high placeholder price.

I know a lot of people who were expecting Nintendo to unveil a highly polished network at E3- something on par with or equal to PSN or XBL. But, what was shown was something that looked like the network had exploded all over the screen, and that isn't too great if you are looking to create a great gaming network- it needs to be a bit more organized, and some people had higher expectations from Nintendo...

Uh. How many times do I have to say that Miiverse isn't the Nintendo Network? =PThis is simply their answer to social networks; not the online gaming networks; the Nintendo Network is what we're looking for to be similar to the PS3 and Xbox 360; this is but the social aspect expanded from what we expected.We know Nintendo Network will be handling the gaming side; we've known it since KI:U. And we later found out that MK7 used it too. We're just not entirely certain on the entire feature set yet. =P

However, Miiverse was shown as the primary network at E3, causing a bit of confusion with NN. Anyways, I know PSN has a great social network, with PSHome and a messenger, and XBL has cross-game chat. Anyways, the thing is, it still looks like a mess. I like my menus to be nice and clean, like the XMB and Wii/3DS menus, and Miiverse... It makes the menu look awful.

I'd honestly feel a lot better about Miiverse if it was a separate application, like Streetpass Mii Plaza or PlayStation Home. Integrating it into the main menu just seems like it would be a bit annoying, but I guess I'll see what it's like when I buy my WiiU.

Saw the Halo 4 gameplay and am very excited for that. I was also just finished watching Dead Space 3's trailer, and I do love Dead Space as well so I think I will pick it up. By the way, does anyone else think that it takes place in Antarctica? That was where the first marker was found after all.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Did anybody see the Bioshock Infinite gameplay?;_;

did they show new gameplay at this E3? if they did i'll look it up right this second.
This topic so far

Vs.

If a tree falls in a forest and we're too far away to hear it trees don't exist and never will.

i'm really excited for it. the other two had pretty neat gameplay, but the setting wasn't really to my taste. Infinite fits my tastes perfectly, and i feel like i'll enjoy it much more because of that.

This topic so far

Vs.

Well, there is preliminary pricing for the WiiU and games, and it seems to be a bit more accurate than GameStop's, but official prices still haven't been revealed."The price of games - from ZombiU to Assassin's Creed III - are in-line with current-gen titles, retailing at £39.99 (approx. $62), while the console itself has be given an RRP of £279.99 (approx. $435)."Anyways, I think that $435 might be a bit high for the WiiU, I was expecting around $300-375.

Edited by Terminus

Well, 62 itself is too high; it'd be more 59.99. So that shaves off at least 3 dollars; and 35 is an odd number for a console price; but who knows.However, when you consider the steady increase, and them already saying it won't be Wii priced, it makes sense they'd go at least a little higher; though I suspect it'll be more around 350-400.Wonder when they'll announce our actual prices, though...

I got most of my news and shtuff (intentional) from DarkSydePhil.If you don't know him, look him up.He isn't paid by the game's companies to make a positive review, he tells it like it is.E3 looked okay from his POV.

Led Zeppelin?

Yes. :P

Just because we like Nintendo, doesn't mean we only own Wiis. And the Wii isn't necessarily bad, it's just driven mainly by exclusives, not third-party. I get my third-party in on 360, because Microsoft has nothing in the way of exclusives, only like 4 mainstay series (Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable). Out of those, Halo and Fable are the only ones I like. Out of the Nintendo series, I like Zelda, certain Mario games, DK, Smash Bros., and a few assorted other first party games. As for Sony, Uncharted is the only one that really stands out to me; most of the other exclusives were better in the PS1 days, and I have a PS1 and 64 for 90s gaming. God of War looks good too though, but it tries too hard to seem "mature". Gameplay looks fun though.And honestly, Infinite could be confused with a Sony exclusive, because of how Sony won't stop marketing Move integration. And no one likes Move. Wasted potential.In my opinion, Infinite doesn't look up to par with the high standards set by the previous titles. It'd be a game I'd try a demo of, or maybe rent. As for the $62, that seems pretty much right. Paying only two extra dollars for a significantly more powerful (graphically) game is something I'd be willing to do. I'll probably end up waiting for the first price drop for the console, however, because being a 3DS Ambassador doesn't quite make up for losing seventy dollars, though we got some fun games out of it.Hopefully the system's more around $350. That'd seem reasonable.And finally, Halo 4 still seems to be changing the feel I like from Halo, but the campaign looks good, so it might be a rental just to do a speed run on Legendary with as many people as possible.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

I'd think WiiU games would be $60, as games are cheapest in America, and when you change currencies, it can lead to quite odd numbers (some Japanese games have prices that translate into $87 or $113).Anyways, I was kinda hoping I'd be convinced to get an XBox this year, but that probably won't happen anytime soon, since I really don't care about any of the exclusives (Halo is enjoyable, but I get my FPS fix from COD).Anyways, I hope the WiiU is cheaper. Nobody wants to pay $400+ for a Nintendo console now, especially with the bad games lineup (well, the games aren't necessarily bad, but the exclusives really don't seem to make the system purchase-worthy), and I feel the WiiU might have the same problem as the 3DS. Even though it will have great third-party support, pretty much everything is available on PS3 or XBox, which you will most likely have if you care about those games.

Edited by Terminus