The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

I enjoyed Forward Unto Dawn for the most part, but the main protagonist just rubs me the wrong way. Something about his attitude just doesn't sit right with me.Also, that one girl kind of reminds me of the Nostalgia Chick.
Thankfully, his attitude changes. Still, I noticed some Easter eggs... When they march past the statue on the campus, the ODST poster in the background is a re-textured version of one of the Halo ODST concept art pictures. Also, I thought it was odd that part of the Campus motto is "Forward unto Dawn"... I wonder if the ship itself has any connection to the events that later take place, ie, was it named in memory of the University? Finally, I realize that the flash at the end that messes with one of the computers was actually

the triangular covie writing. Obvious from the trailer, but I think it was neat that they went down to the fine details...it was a nice touch.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

I enjoyed Forward Unto Dawn for the most part, but the main protagonist just rubs me the wrong way. Something about his attitude just doesn't sit right with me.Also, that one girl kind of reminds me of the Nostalgia Chick.
Am I the only one that likes Laskey? I really enjoyed FuD and the acting was really well done.Looking forward to episode 2

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Well, Halo 4: Forward unto Dawn looks promising. I actually understood less than 75% of the audio, but I liked Episode 1. I can't wait to see Episode 2.@Rausaro: I noticed it, too. If I recall correctly, it was a concept art for a Scout ODST.
Which Audio are you referring to? In the beginning, about all they say in the background is essentially "Signal isolated, running trace. Locked on! CHIEF! 117!" Also, it appears that the Infinity has a Male AI... is it Black Box?

Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years

I was expecting Forward Unto Dawn to be some lame cash in, but I was blown away. 343 must really be passionate about the series to have made that, because I'll be surprised if it cost anything less than a small fortune.You're not alone, Alterego. I liked Lasky a lot too. He showed the sensitive side of humanity that people take for granted in the troops. It's desensitizing to go kill people or things, no matter how 'bad' they are, and his friction with that idea is a good example.

Edited by Kanye West

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

I do like how in Halo they will portray the UNSC as more morally varied then the "these are humans and they are the good guys", it is good to see that there are two sides with the story with both forces. I like Lasky, and I also like his interactions with his friend over their devotion to the UNSC.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Lasky has got to be the most annoying character ever. I'd be the first person to question the military, I'm a true pacifist, but I can't stand his recklessness. Maybe because I don't understand his motivation. Why does he think the people in the military are acting like blind sheep? I don't see where he's coming from. "At least I believe in something". Yes, but empty beliefs are just as bad as no beliefs.

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

Lasky has got to be the most annoying character ever.I'd be the first person to question the military, I'm a true pacifist, but I can't stand his recklessness.Maybe because I don't understand his motivation. Why does he think the people in the military are acting like blind sheep?I don't see where he's coming from. "At least I believe in something". Yes, but empty beliefs are just as bad as no beliefs.
Do we know the status of Tom Lasky's father?

Lasky has got to be the most annoying character ever.I'd be the first person to question the military, I'm a true pacifist, but I can't stand his recklessness.Maybe because I don't understand his motivation. Why does he think the people in the military are acting like blind sheep?I don't see where he's coming from. "At least I believe in something". Yes, but empty beliefs are just as bad as no beliefs.
Oh thank goodness. I had absolutely no idea why I didn't like Lasky, but I knew there was a reason.And this is definitely it. Thank you for putting it into words.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

What the Forerunners did to humanity pales to what the Precursors may have done to entire Galaxies. Not to mention, I'm curious what this "Insane evil" that apparently exists outside of the Galaxy really is...Silentium can't come soon enough. I bet it's the same evil that's in mentioned in the description of Halo 4.

Edited by Rausaro

In Halo 4, that's the Didact and Prometheans. It's pretty much been confirmed by now. ;)
Oh, has it? The only part that I'm aware that was confirmed was the fact that the Didact would be an antagonist at a point in the story. Likewise, Frankie stated that the Didact is a "Heroic, noble character" and that it's "Complicated". I think this "Ancient Evil" of Halo 4 and this "Insane Evil" that the Didact (Yes, that guy who supposedly is the ancient evil in Halo 4) fights against in Silentium are one and the same.

It's also possible that we might be seeing the original in a corrupted form (as he was abandoned in a flood system), but that would imply his strings are being pulled by someone else.

Also, it's been stated that the ancient evil has not been revealed yet, and yet the Didact was revealed, though it could be merely referring to the fact he hasn't been shown yet. I just don't buy that either Didact would just start randomly attacking humans. The first disliked, and then respected, humans, and the second, the Ur-Didact, was friends with them.As for the book....Silentium:In the last years of the Forerunner empire, chaos rules. The Flood—a horrifying shape-changing parasite—has arrived in force, aided by unexpected allies. Internal strife within the ecumene has desperately weakened Forerunner defenses.Too little, too late, the legal rate of Juridicals is only now investigating possible crimes by the Master Builder and others. Evidence-gathering agents known collectively as Catalog have been dispatched to collect testimony from the Librarian and both Didacts: the Ur-Didact, treacherously abandoned in a Flood-infested system, and the Bornstellar Didact, who accompanies the Librarian as she preserves specimens against the dire possibility of Halo extermination.Facing the imminent collapse of their civilization, the Librarian and the Ur-Didact reveal what they know about the relationship between the long-vanished Precursors and the Flood.The Precursors created many technological species, including humanity and the Forerunners. But the roots of the Flood may be found in an act of enormous barbarity, carried out beyond our galaxy ten million years before...Because of that barbarism, a greater evil looms. Only the Ur-Didact and the Librarian--husband and wife pushed into desperate conflict--hold the keys to a solution.Facing the consequences of a mythic tragedy, one of them must now commit the greatest atrocity of all time—to prevent an insane evil from dominating the entire universe.I've highlighted the relevant points, and I also noticed something else: The Evil in Halo 4 is stated to be a universal threat, and the evil in Silentium is described identically. I think it's not coincidence. Overall, It's apparent that something bad is outside of our galaxy, and I'm curious if the Forerunners only managed to bury it and delay the inevitable Of note: The Primordial does state that 100,000 years hence (stated prior to Halo Activation) that humanity will be tested by the Precursors again. Before the Didact

"Kills" the Primordial, it states that "Another Servant will be released"... That could imply another "Precursor" could be locked away in Stasis somewhere, ready for revival. I've heard a few interesting theories, and one of them claims that the Didact might just be a red herring, and that he might actually be a warden for a prison inside Requiem. Why else would he have so many Promeatheans just chilling around? Seeing as the Chief apparently finds the Cryptum in level , that would indicate they must have some other reason for so viciously protecting the planet, other than the Didact.

Finally, Halo has rarely been straightforward. I played Halo 1 years ago expecting the main enemy to be the

Edited by Rausaro

Jul 'Mdama, yeah. I love his armor, but his subordinate's head is just too darn big!EDIT- OMG!
What are we looking at in particular?

I'm content with the 360. A lot of people are.EDIT- Just finished watching the first episode of FUD. I don't see why you guys don't like Lasky. For me, he's a relatable character. I'd much rather solve things with diplomacy than resort to violence... unless I'm really, really mad. Then I can be a monster.Anyway, looking at the GEN2 armor descriptions, there's a lot of room for fan fiction.

Edited by Delta Titan Sparta