The Official Halo Topic

Skarloth

I hope that in the future games of this new series, if this first survives our expectations, Master Chief will be alone. I mean, it's too easy, in my opinion, to fight hordes of enemies with the crew of a 3.5 miles long ship. And many of them are Spartan IV. Dunno how many will survive the crash-landing and the attack of the Prometheans, but, hey, that's too easy!
The ship crashed on the planet, and I don't believe there would be any Spartans on it. If you watched the trailer, you'd see the ship was for peace-making and exploration. There would be few, if any military personnel on it, especially after it's crash on an alien planet. It means Master Cheif is alone in combat, but there are more characters. Microsoft is trying to make this game very story-based, and one character is rather boring.Besides, if Master Cheif was fighting with a bunch of other people, there would be harder challenges. Like in Halo: Reach. You're not alone in that game, and it doesn't necessarily make it easy. Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Is it just me or do the spartans and multiplayer customization remind one of Bionicle itself. You can draw a lot of comparisons to toa and spartans and that your multiplayer appearance can be looked at like a MOC.Anyway, to add to Visaru's point from more left field, I liked the level Tip of the Spear. In this particular sense the sheer amount of numbers on both sides made it quite the epic battle.Oh and here is some information on the Halo 4 Limited Edition:

• Digital content also included:
  • Bonus in-fiction bonus content expanding the characters and stories of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn and their connections to Halo 4
  • Special Featurette: Bringing Gaming into Reality
  • Making of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
  • Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
  • Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
  • Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
  • An exclusive in-game emblem
  • Xbox LIVE Avatar prop*
  • Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set*
  • The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet which includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity's finest warriors: The Spartan IVs.
  • War Games Map Packs: The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
  • Specializations: Receive early access to six Specializations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, and use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options.
  • The Special Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, a 90-minute extended version of the live-action digital series which will take fans back to the terrifying beginning of the Human/Covenant war, when the Master Chief inspired a young cadet who would eventually become a leader aboard the UNSC's greatest vessel ever: the UNSC Infinity.

This was just in case it was not posted here or someone did not know. Anyway I got this information from Gamestop and the US price for this is $99.99.

Edited by Proud Stigma

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I hope that in the future games of this new series, if this first survives our expectations, Master Chief will be alone. I mean, it's too easy, in my opinion, to fight hordes of enemies with the crew of a 3.5 miles long ship. And many of them are Spartan IV. Dunno how many will survive the crash-landing and the attack of the Prometheans, but, hey, that's too easy!
The ship crashed on the planet, and I don't believe there would be any Spartans on it. If you watched the trailer, you'd see the ship was for peace-making and exploration. There would be few, if any military personnel on it, especially after it's crash on an alien planet. It means Master Cheif is alone in combat, but there are more characters. Microsoft is trying to make this game very story-based, and one character is rather boring.Besides, if Master Cheif was fighting with a bunch of other people, there would be harder challenges. Like in Halo: Reach. You're not alone in that game, and it doesn't necessarily make it easy.
I can't remember where I saw this, but I know that some Spartans on it. There's an area, on the Infinity, where SPARTANS could digitally recreate warzone combats. They wouldn't have put it there if there weren't some SPARTANs on it. And, actually, at the end of the trailer, you can see MC with some other SPARTANs behind him.

I was under the impression that was the Infinity that got sucked through the forunner-thingy to Requiem in the trailer.The ship with all the IVs on it.
I'm pretty sure that's how it went down too.---Meanwhile I finally decided where I'm going to preorder Halo 4. Limited Edition, Best Buy. Learning that it was the skins that were the bonuses and not the armor helped a lot (and I just learned that the other day, having not been keeping up with news on the game). Oh, and Best Buy's free shipping. :P~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Would anyone here be wanting to play a Halo RPG?

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Them Promethens look epic. Can't wait to fight against them.

I probably would be willing, I love Halo, and I've been in one or two Halo RP's but they never took off very far. Man I need to finish my Halo and Avatar crossover FF, that thing was getting pretty good. Are we allowed to post off topic FF's in this forum section?

Them Promethens look epic. Can't wait to fight against them.

I probably would be willing, I love Halo, and I've been in one or two Halo RP's but they never took off very far. Man I need to finish my Halo and Avatar crossover FF, that thing was getting pretty good. Are we allowed to post off topic FF's in this forum section?

the other one we had was going good, but then the host left, never seen on bzp since, and the rpg died.I don't know if i should pick up where the other one left off, or do something different.i have no idea what a FF is, so explain please Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

the other one we had was going good, but then the host left, never seen on bzp since, and the rpg died.I don't know if i should pick up where the other one left off, or do something different.i have no idea what a FF is, so explain please
Gotcha, I'd say make a new one? And a FF means fan-fiction, my bad. Which is like a story, like the epics here.

the other one we had was going good, but then the host left, never seen on bzp since, and the rpg died.I don't know if i should pick up where the other one left off, or do something different.i have no idea what a FF is, so explain please
Gotcha, I'd say make a new one? And a FF means fan-fiction, my bad. Which is like a story, like the epics here.
yeah, a fan-fic is alright to post, just as a sepeart topic of course.sounds good then I'll see what i can come up with.

War...war never changes.

• 2 weeks later...
Halo RPG? Do it
Isn't there already a RPG for Halo?
the host left and it died quickly after that

War...war never changes.

Action Sack, the DLC playlists and a few others I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.EDIT: Action Sack, Firefight doubles, Squad DLC, Anniversary Big-Team-Battle and Anniversary Firefight Arcade are being removed (thanks Akuna).When is the update?

Edited by Toa of the Nova Corps

what? not action sack!! that's one of the better ones for when your bored.

War...war never changes.

@ above: I actually like the SAW so far, and the railgun looks epic.@ 2 above: The actual playlists being removed are: Action Sack, Firefight Doubles, Squad DLC, Anniversary BTB (D:<), and Anniversary FFA. I might reconsider preordering the Limited Edition of Halo 4 because of how 343 is handling their game.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

@ above: I actually like the SAW so far, and the railgun looks epic.@ 2 above: The actual playlists being removed are: Action Sack, Firefight Doubles, Squad DLC, Anniversary BTB (D:<), and Anniversary FFA. I might reconsider preordering the Limited Edition of Halo 4 because of how 343 is handling their game.
Agree about the railgun, but I don't like the SAW for one simple reason: the Heavy Machine Gun will be useless, then. But whatever. And how would you reconsider preorder? In a bad or good way?

WHATT!? they'er getting rid of firefight doubles? man, 343, pull it together.

War...war never changes.

Agree about the railgun, but I don't like the SAW for one simple reason: the Heavy Machine Gun will be useless, then. But whatever. And how would you reconsider preorder? In a bad or good way?
Bad way. If 343 treats Halo 4's DLC like this, I will not preorder the LE. I paid for the 3 Reach map packs, and now there are only 2 dedicated playlists for one of them.

Laughing_Man_Icon_by_CoyoteTracks.gif

Does anyone want to play the Master Chief Collection with me? I'm trying to get a team going for ranked. PM for GT.

I for one am very satisfied with the fact that they are aiming to enhance and explore the story and characters in Halo. Never was one for playing LIVE or that stuff, competition scares me to be honest XD But the story, man the story in Halo is so frickin' good! I hope, and think, the gameplay will be much closer to what it was in Halo: Combat Evolved. New environment, new enemies, new everything. What made the first game so good was the investigation. I just loved it so much when Cortana uncovered information about the Halo rings and the Covenant. It was so fascinating to me, all of it. Throughout most of the game it was only you and Cortana. In some levels you were assisted by UNSC soldiers, but most of the time you were on your own, on a mission. I loved that. And if I'm not mistaken, Halo 4 will take that exploration element and delve further into it. Can't frickin' wait!

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

But the story, man the story in Halo is so frickin' good!
Let's not get crazyHalo 3 still has the best campaign in my humble opinion. I have Fallout for more slower, more realistic gameplay that Reach had.
I think Halo 3 was the least interesting one. The most fun to play, but the story kinda suffered.

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif

But the story, man the story in Halo is so frickin' good!
Let's not get crazyHalo 3 still has the best campaign in my humble opinion. I have Fallout for more slower, more realistic gameplay that Reach had.
Your point being.... ? What does 'Let's not get crazy' mean?I think the best part of Halo is the story, but I'm a terrible gamer.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

I can't say what was the best, storywise nor gameplaywise. If my friend didn't fool me, I would have been able to compare 3 and Reach, but he did. mad.gifAs for te SAW, maybe it has some good things, to be put in the game, but I can't see those. To me, it reminds too much of CoD and realistic shooters like that.In other news, if someone hasn't still read A fistful of arrows, I'd recommend him to read it. It's very good for a fan-made Halo comic, IMO.

A Fistful of Arrows is amazing. I definitely second that reccomendation.As for the SAW, I'm kind of excited by it. I've always wanted a heavier automatic weapon that wasn't a turret in Halo.

Right. The turret. Tell me, who will use it when they could use the SAW? I think they'd come pretty much in contrast.But I see your point.A Fistful of Arrows is indeed amazing. They should have canonized it, IMO. But Jun's fate will still be a mistery.Rise of the Spartans is good too, in my opinion.

Edited by The Renegade Emperor

I'm sure the SAW will be limited to one or two per map in regular games (unless people use them in ordinance drops), so people will still be using the turrets if they're available. It also probably won't be as powerful as a turret and probably will have a longer reload time than the regular assault rifle for balancing.Also, I agree that Rise of the Spartans is a good machinima. I can't wait for part eight to come out.

Big Halo 4 Spoiler, be warned:

Did anyone hear that the Composer was confirmed to be in Halo 4 (or rather specifically, it was revealed to be the Achievement for beating the 7th level? I'm wondering if these are in fact Infected forerunners transformed and controlled by Nanites like the forerunners in Primordial?

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?