R P G: Pantheon

OOC: No problem, I've been quite busy for a while. Just wanted to make sure everything wasn't coming to a standstill. ;)IC: Gerhard"Well, it is an air force base, so our biggest problem would most likely be an attack from the air as we approach. They shouldn't be too much of a problem if we can take out their airplanes, and that could be handled by a few small ground troops. Planes can be disabled rather easily, they're filled with highly explosive fuel, and taking out an engine or two would prevent them from taking off."

IC: Gerhard"Well then," he said, as he pulled out his smartphone. You could hear the clicks coming from the digital keyboard as he typed something in. "What we're looking at is Dyess Air Force base." He then held out his phone so everyone could see the satellite image of the base. "The airstrip is on the west, which is where we will be coming from. According to this image, there are at least 32 visible aircraft, but there might be more in hangars, however, the exposed ones are the main target, as they pose the most immediate threat. My idea would be to send in a few small stealth teams, armed with explosive weaponry- RPGs, MANPADs, heck, even snipers with incendiary rounds would be good. What we'd need to do is disable the aircraft as quickly and effectively as possible. I'd suggest bringing a tank, but it would probably be destroyed before we even got there." Gerhard paused for a moment. "But before we do anything the military might expect with standard weaponry- how fast can a dragon go?"

IC: GerhardGerhard thought about the information on dragons for a second. "Hmm... That speed sounds good. And how far can they breathe fire? Because a fast, flying, giant flamethrower would be a big help in destroying aircraft, especially since they're filled with highly volatile fuel."

IC: Gerhard"So, that's about 15 stories or so..." Gerhard though about it for a few seconds. "That's perfect. Ground troops could handle the airplanes outside, while we send in a dragon or two to hit the buildings." He then looked around at everyone. "That sound like a good idea to everyone?"

IC: Somewhere in Texas... "Nah, it's fine," Kang said from the desk, "They've got plenty of experience with it. It'll be up by the time we get back."_______ "Shu, hurry up!" Tsubame hissed, "Kang's going to be back any minute!" "I'm trying," Shu grunted from the other side of the pickup, "He's usually out here helping with this. How's your side coming?" "Almost got it," she replied before poking her head around to glance inside. With the windows of the canopy being heavily tinted, she could only barely make out the large outline of Mai's arms tucked away inside. "Are you okay in there?" Though it took a bit of strain, she was able to see a hint of movement as Mai nodded her head.

IC: Inetrnot (In a bubble)The God was about to speak, when suddenly, his USBauntlet beeped. Sighing, he pressed a button, and a screen popped up. He read it, and his face fell. He spoke. "Look, Pax, Haxor... I'm really sorry, but duty calls. I'm needed to combat the likes of bills, SOPA and PIPA, and China's censoring. I'll join up with you guys... I just don't know when." Still with a sad look, he turned away. "I'll... be back.. to help. Someday." And he became binary, and zipped away. IC: Brian (Forge) His eyes fell on his watch, and he gasped."Sorry, got to go. Hep needs me. There are extra daggers right here-" he pointed to a cabinet "-And swords as well. I'll be back to fight later." Brian grabbed his bag and ran out the door, disappearing a moment later through a portal the God of the Forge left. OOC: To put it basically, I'm going to camp for two weeks. No internet. I'll be back on 7/21/12, but until then... Inetrnot and Brian are closed for interaction. Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

OOC: Alright guys, I'm back! Didn't miss much, apparently. Anyone need an IC?Zakaro, you could've just had them be NPCs til you were back, but whatever. :PIC: Pax shook his head, then turned to Musica and Haxor."So.... I guess it's just the three of us for now. We'll be there soon, any more questions?"

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: (Devin)"Alright then. thanks" Devin Grabbed a new dagger, one that had a serrated edge and a curved blade.(Musica)" I don't have any questions, but i do have an idea if when get into a fight with the gods of the city."

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: Erisa smiled sweetly at him."Good. The meeting is adjourned, all of you may return to your tents."As they filed out, she turned to Gerhard."Any plans for the afternoon?" she asked, chuckling.IC: Pax raised an eyebrow."I'm listening. What is it?"

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: (Musica)" I don't how well it would work, if at all,but if Haxor say spawned in the Dovahkiin from Skyrim, and i started to play the main theme from said game, it might make the thing much more powerful, which would help in a battle."

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: Pax nodded, impressed."Combining our abilities. Good idea- I hadn't thought of that. It could work. Hopefully, however, it won't have to."He looked out the bubble, where rapidly approaching towers were visible."We're here. Be prepared, but don't start anything."IC: The elf laughed, and the sound could only be described as a musical child's giggle."Well, I thought I could show you how to ride a dragon. Could come in handy, and I'm free."

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: Erisa grabbed his hand, and practically dragged him along. He could smell the dragon before he could see it. It was an animal smell, a bit like a horse, but with a definite reptilian edge. The beast was a dull blue color, as long as two school buses, a ring of horns around the head, the two above the ears long and swept back. It was four legged, with huge, bat like wings the color of its scales. The tail was larger than Gerhard would have expected on the end, for balance in flight.It dropped its head, nuzzling Erisa as she approached. It eyed Gerhard warily, huge, emerald, reptilian eyes focusing on him."This," said the elf, gesturing to the dragon. "Is Borüngaad."

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: She shrugged, and gave the reins a flick. The dragon began to flap his wings, rising off the ground. She pulled Gerhard's hands around her waist, giving him the reins."It's a bit like a horse. I'll handle speed and everything, you just turn him," she said, smiling.

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: Erisa laughed, placing her hands over his."Don't worry. I'm right here."IC: The bubbles reached San Antonio, and landed.It was a thriving city, still functioning rather well even after the Event. There weren't many cars, but lots of people walked or rode bicycles, still going about their lives. Like any city now, though, machine gun nests were on roofs everywhere, a tank every few blocks. They were prepared.This, thought Pax, was no doubt due to the influence of the city's gods. San Antonio had a fairly good sized pantheon- The Alamoans, as they were called.The bubbles began to disappear, revealing the men and gods inside. Pax looked out on the shocked crowd, who were looking in awe. He cleared his throat."Greetings, people of San Antonio! I am Pax. Where are your gods?""If ya'd get to takin' a look up here, you might see one," came a voice with a slow drawl.Suddenly, the wind picked up. A spiraling cloud touched down, becoming a tall, thin tornado. However, around it was a golden rope, containing it, while a figure could be seen within. It dissipated, and the figure dropped to the ground. His rope coiled around his arm, somehow becoming a rattlesnake."Howdy," called the god. "My name is Pecos Bill."

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: The dragon banked wide to the right, soaring over the camp. Below, in the sea of tents, Gerhard could see men, elves, and dwarves cleaning or sharpening weapons, checking armor, and otherwise preparing for battle. Some waved, but most ignored the dragon.Erisa laughed, the sound like a windchime."Isn't this great?"

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: Though he couldn't see her face, Erisa's tone was perplexed."Helicopters.... Those are the flying machines which spin, right?"Obviously, Alflheim was a bit lacking in modern technology.IC: Pax stepped forward, hands held out in a guesture of suppliants."We don't come looking for territory, but friends. Does your pantheon have any sort of meeting place? The three of us would like to present our case."The other god was silent for a few seconds as he looked them over, chewing absentmindedly."Come on, then. I reckon ol' Travis'll want to take a gander at ya'. Follow me."A horse trotted up, a fine beast with a snow-white mane and brown coloring. He snorted towards the other three gods, and as he turned they could see a white scar down his side in the shape of a jagged lightning bolt. Pecos Bill swung himself up as the horse began walking down the street.Pax glanced at the other two."I suppose we should follow him. Be prepared for anything."

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.