How Do You See Bionicle Characters?

• 2 weeks later...

Before MoL came out, I saw them as they appeared in the MNOLG animations.Now, I usually picture them as their sets, but with the movie versions' five-fingered hands. That's how I always used to draw them in '03-'04.

I always picture them in the original trilogy style, and see the Av-Matoran like Metru Nui Matoran, and Toa besides the Nuva and Mahri look the Metru.

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

It's a really tricky question this. I'd probably say I see them as they are in MNOLG, just to go really old school. Certainly I don't think in the "human" style, I'm not a fan of that at all. They're just not human. TLR style is pretty good, the movie takes a lot of critiscism, but I did like the way characters were represented in it. It was a very good half-way point between set style and the original trilogy style.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Personally, I see them as mostly-organic beings covered in metallic exoskeletons. Closer to the movie view. Underneath the armor, they have more or less Earth-animal-ish anatomy, including bones with the calcified shell replaced by the same stuff that makes up their exoskeletons. Unlike some people have decided, though, the armor is NOT removable. That would leave the character as a bloody, mangled mess. I'm perfectly aware that none of this is canon, though.

Weaver, Seeker, and Spark

"When the first living thing existed, I was there, waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when I leave."

- Death, The Sandman

(Previously Toa Alaka)

Personally, I see them as mostly-organic beings covered in metallic exoskeletons. Closer to the movie view. Underneath the armor, they have more or less Earth-animal-ish anatomy, including bones with the calcified shell replaced by the same stuff that makes up their exoskeletons. Unlike some people have decided, though, the armor is NOT removable. That would leave the character as a bloody, mangled mess. I'm perfectly aware that none of this is canon, though.
Actually, I do believe that the armor of Matoran Universe inhabitants, in most cases, is not removable, except perhaps in the sense of how the Matoran of Mata Nui "rebuilt" themselves in 2003. That is to say, the armor might be removeable, but if so it's probably more like hip replacement surgery than like changing one's clothes.I suppose the Toa Nuva's "Nuva Armor" was removed in the 2006 story (if I'm remembering things right), but I have always thought of the Nuva armor as something very different than other BIONICLE armor anyway due to its fairly unique aesthetic.

• 2 weeks later...