Waves Of The South

IC: Krash ( Just outside Sakrinil)A cart could be seen from the city walls. The Ta-Matoran pulling it whistled a merry tune as he pull it and its explosive cargo along. Stopping in front of a stone, charred building with a sign in front, he began to take the raw gunpowder off the cart and into his shop. After a few minutes, he was done. Locking the cabinet with the raw explosive, he turned to walk away. And then he stopped. "Here we go again..." As soon as he completed the sentence, his body jerked. Once, twice, thrice. His eyes lost the sane spark. And as a twisted, crazy smile worked its way on to his face, Krash boldly walked out of the shop, past the gates of the city, and into the streets. And right into the door of Takea Tankards, earning him a bump on his head and what could be called a knock. IC: Akras (Dajon) 'Stalking. Running. Jumping. Hear screams. Slice. Screams gone. Green shell off, food. Strange face-shell. Don't like. Rip off. Eat. Bring back to den.'The only thing they found of the poor Le-Matoran scientist was torn, destroyed armor and a bloodstained mask. The Bear had struck. In his den, he waits, slowly allowing himself to sleep. Red eyes watching for prey or predator. Akras waits, acting only on instinct. His eyes close. But soon, he will hunt again. Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC (Takea Tankards): Turaga being cooked? Now things were just getting weird. However, Quorvex was starting to notice a pattern; an 'invisible' thief stealing from beings in a position of authority. If the thefts and other incidents were connected, then it was beginning to look like one particular faction was involved; one that attracted crazy."Have you noticed any connection between the merchants that have been hit?" Quorvex asked as the beers arrived, "Were they all weapons merchants perhaps?"Then there was the sound of someone slamming into the door of the tavern."What was that?"

Edited by Tafu

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

IC: Kratos, Sakrinil"Because like I said I don't follow the Toa code, the Council is corrupt. I'm just trying to help a fellow out." he said. Of course that was all lies, really Kratos was just trying to get an in with the criminal underworld of Sakrinil, but it seemed he might of hit a dead in. "What's your name?" he asked, sheathing his sword.

IC: Vorasku"After the crowd leaves, I will go back to my ship, and see who is alive, assuming the ship is still there. If few are left, I will attempt to gain more crew members."

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

[GM]IC: Matoran Guard / Takea TankardsThe drinks came, and the Guard quickly dove in. "My guess? Some drunk got tossed out of another bar and is trying to make his way in. It'll take him a few hours unless somebody opens the door for him. They're funny to arrest, but since that Toa has my cuffs, and I don't care enough... he can stay there.""As far as the merchants go, I would assume that a few weapons merchants were hit. But I also saw jewelers and others. In most cases, they didn't even lose their most expensive things - just little trinkets that were easy to get away with it. And, of course, some weapons. I even heard one Matoran shouting about losing his favorite Mahi, but I think they found a Steltian wandering around outside the gates with it.""Not really a link." he said as he finished his drink. "Just random thievery. Frankly, I think the thief just jumped from building to building as they went along. Might be able to determine their starting and ending points if you connected the dots, but you'd need a list of all the merchants and a city map."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Out at Sea"I just find it strange that a being appears from nowhere, boards the ships and expects us to trust him." Bellum thought for a moment. "Does anyone have a Rode?""If y'all want I can swim away..." Maelstrom now felt guilty for intruding. He would prefer not to cause conflict if at all possible.

IC (Takea Tankards): "As a matter of fact," Quorvex said as he reached into his coat, "I happen to have-"Another loud bang came from the door. And another. And another.Quorvex glanced over at the bartender, who quickly shook his head. The agent shook his head in agreement as he glanced around the common room. What few other patrons there were, were also glancing at the door, some were reading weapons, but no one was going towards the door. He would open the door eventually, he had to leave eventually, but net yet."Anyway," Quorvex said as he pulled out several tablets, "I happen to have a list of the robbery victims here. And I think I have a map as well...*"He then pulled out a rolled up piece of parchment** and unfolded it on the bar in front of the guard.OOC: *Yeah, it's a stretch, but I'm not going to have this grind to a halt just because my character doesn't have a map. **Or insert any other organic material that just happens to not be paper. I'm sick of writing 'tablet' all of the time. :P

Edited by Tafu

"Don't Panic."

IC: Salvinn"My thoughts exactly Bell. Sadly I do not possess a Rode, nor would it make much difference if I did wear one." Why did I just say that aloud? Revealing weaknesses, not smart. Still he didn't have to time to dwell on it, what was done had been done. "Tell me Maelstorm, that's a peculiar name, mind if I just call you Mal? Anyways, why exactly do you want to hitch hike, and where to? For that matter, why didn't you just board a boat on land like a normal person?" Salvinn chuckled a bit, "Sorry that's a lot of questions, but I feel it's justified."

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

OOC: Maps are going to be on parchment or, for the super-expensive stuff, vellum. I always assumed Rahi, due to being scientifically created by Makuta based off of organic creatures to fit certain purposes, would be more organic than Matoran and the like. You couldn't take one and make an entire skin, but there would probably be pretty large areas along the side.Most writings are put on tablets because they're a much more permanent thing, but nobody has the time to worry about that with maps and stuff. In fact, everybody might end up replacing their map by the end of the RPG if the travelers south don't die horribly.[GM]IC: Matoran Guard / Takea TankardsThe guard took the first tablet from Quorvex as he rolled the map out from his side. The bartender shook his head and gave a half smirk, half smile as he turned to the next customer. More people planning things. All the time.The guard looked at it and said, "Traders Guild, eh? Well, it won't be a complete list, but that covers some 95% of the merchants. That's good enough for us."He opened his his pack, pulling a quill and a small vial filled with ink. "This could take a while." he said.OOC: 30 minutes later...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

IC: Out at Sea"You can call me what you want; I don't decide what you do. I wanted to go somewhere. That island back there is boring, no one to talk to and I don't even think anything intelligent lives there. I wanted to see something new and I thought a boat would be faster than swimming. I didn't see any boats to board back there. In fact I haven't seen any boats in a while. Questions are fine. Questions are much better than fighting. A lot better." responded Maelstrom to Salvinn's questions. It was not the most comfortable thing to be questioned in front of everyone but it was a lot better than combat; well at least in Maelstrom's opinion.Bellum kept a careful eye on the newcomer. The sea was hers to command and it would rip apart anything that would put her in danger.

IC (Takea Tankards): "Thanks," Quorvex said as he smiled.BANG."While you work that out, I'll go see who wants in..."Quorvex stepped out of the chair at the bar and moved towards the door. He pulled out his nightstick and tried to visualize what he would soon be facing. The thing slamming against the door couldn't be very strong; otherwise it would have broken in already. The matoran stood just across from the door, gently placing a hand on the handle, and lifting his stick above his head.After waiting a few seconds after one of the impacts, he threw open the door, took a step toward whatever was trying to get in... And was surprised when an orange and red matoran suddenly tripped inside.'Oh no, not you,' Quorvex thought as he put away his nightstick."Krash," he finally said, "What are you doing here?"

"Don't Panic."

IC: Artorre: S.S. Dream Come True:"Oh, you can definitely stay!" Artorre said, happy to have another set of hands to help out if needed. "After all, anyone who boarded back at Sakrinil could be a pirate, really."

OOC: Restarting Xerxes & Yasoth, so I think it's safe to assume you can restart your char, ToSJ.IC: Xerxes, Takea TankardsXerxes watched with slight amusement the two Matoran as they spoke of legendary thieves from centuries previous. Taking a sip from his drink, he attempted to ignore the constant banging at the door, practically sighing with relief when one of the Matoran opened it. OOC: Open for interaction. IC: Yasoth, Sakrinil Yasoth walked through the streets in the guise of a female Vortixx, dressed in rather expensive clothes and having an air patronization around her.OOC: Open for interaction.

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: @Darkon: Which character?IC: Cadrhon kept walking near the shore, not sure of where to go.OOC: I guess he's open for interaction.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Vorasku

After the toa ha dsaid that, Vorasku began to walk away, in the opposite direction of his ship. He intended to lie low until the night, when he would go back to his ship.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Vorasku

After the toa ha dsaid that, Vorasku began to walk away, in the opposite direction of his ship. He intended to lie low until the night, when he would go back to his ship.

OOC: Your ship is long gone. Anybody in your crew who was loyal enough to keep it docked is trapped or dead - or the other people on there, who like to live free, pushed them overboard[GM]IC: Matoran Guard / Takea TankardsThe Guards eyes flicked around the room as he worked on the map. He felt like something was off here....OOC: ... as though he were a nameless NPC in a bar with only some twenty people at this time of day, and there are three or four PCs. And the bartender, who was more important, and would thus live. And he had some screen time, and was thus developed upon and likely to be killed as a Mauve Shirt. Uh-oh.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Kratos, SakrinilFeeling like he'd somehow failed himself by allowing the criminal to go free Kratos decided he needed a drink. He hadn't been able to get anything right that day. First he'd nearly killed that Prime in the streets in front of hundreds of Matoran and angered one of the Council members, and then he'd set free some lowlife because he'd thought it had been a possible lead. Kratos strode through the streets of Sakrinil until he came to Takea Tankards. He pushed open the door of the bar and then walked inside, pulling his hood down and revealing his Kanohi. Kratos sat at the bar and turned his light-blue eyes to the bartender, "I'll have a glass of ale." he said.

IC: Artorre: S.S. Dream Come True:"Oh, you can definitely stay!" Artorre said, happy to have another set of hands to help out if needed. "After all, anyone who boarded back at Sakrinil could be a pirate, really."
IC (Malok, S.S. Dream Come True): "Well you're not wrong there" Malok interrupted him. "To be honest, I find the lack of security on this ship rather disturbing. For a toa sailing south to discover new lands and spread the protection of our Order, you don't seem to check at all on the beings you take with you. Anyone with, say, a kanohi mahiki could be using this voyage for their own ends, which include the destruction of all toa in Yheyn!".As the word 'mahiki' left his mouth, Malok's appearance began to shift, morphing towards something more sinister. His back bent, his eyes flashed red and his face dragged itself forward into the vicious beak of a Zyglak. Sharp claws ripped their way out of the toa's hands and feet, while jagged teeth filled his growing jaw. His shining armour was replaced by dull, scaly skin that looked rotten and slimy. It tore away from his muscles, hanging down like rotting meat and exposing the beast's skeleton in some places. While the creature's bones were stained crimson, no blood dripped from its wounds and there was no sign of a heart beating in its chest. The beast held a kanohi mask in each of its hands, one a mask of undeath, the other was Malok's gleaming mahiki. Both were giving off a sickly green glow."This is a mutiny" the monsterous being announced. "Grishnahk the mighty is my name, and you shall all bow before me".OOC: Just to clarify, Malok is not actually a mutant, undead, kanohi-using zyglak. He is using his mahiki to teach Artorre a thing or two about trusting too easily.

ppg2.png

IC: Out at Sea"Are you absolutely certain that is a good idea." Said Bellum as the sea started to turn turbulent and the boat started to rock. "I bow before no one." The flame symbols on her gauntlets looked as if they were getting warm.Maelstrom backed up. Now he was really regretting boarding this ship.OOC: I get what you are doing but my characters don't. :P

OOC: Artorre is just too nice to distrust anyone without a really good reason. =PBeside that, anyone would have done a double take or something if they were a pirate and they heard that.IC: Artorre: S.S. Dream Come True:"I actually believed it until you said Grishnahk. And oh, goodness, 'The mighty?'" Artorre said, grinning. "Plus, you've really got too much going on there. The skin hanging from you was a nice touch though."

IC (Malok, S.S. Dream Come True): When Artorre called his bluff, Malok deactivated his kanohi and snapped back to his normal form. "Allright, so my disguise could use some work" he smiled briefly, "But my point stands nonetheless. We know next to nothing about each other, yet we trust each other enough to sail far beyond civilisation in each others' company. Now I'm all for a bit of trust and cooperation, but we don't have to be foolish about it. Trusting any being we meet without questionwill only lead to disaster. So, to our new friend here, please give me a reason to believe you intend us no harm. Who are you and what is your business in these waters? Are you even a toa, or some other being? Do you belong to any guild under the Southern Alliance?"OOC: What's wrong with Grishnahk anyway? I came up with that more-or-less on the spot, so it's not the most finely-crafted name, but I didn't think it was terrible. Is it not Zyglak-ish enough?And I just realised that with the addition of Maelstrom, this crew has enough players/characters to become a guild. The question is, do we want to fill in the form become one at this stage? I don't imagine it would change much, given the current circumstances.

ppg2.png

OOC: Not so sure if you guys could make a Guild yet, as Salvinn is just boarding passage. For now atleast.IC: SalvinnSalvinn chuckled, "Sheesh, this ship has more issues than some of those cheesy Matoran novels. This is definitely going to be one interesting ride. But honestly Art, Malok, does raise a good point. I for one was surprised when all you did was except me on board for no real reason. All it would take is one shot and I could sink this boat. You definitely increase the security or something, otherwise sooner or later life's just gonna come crashing down on you. Not everyone is as nice as you."The Prime then shrugged, and shook his head, "Ah who am I kidding, there's no getting through to your head." He chuckled, "For that matter there's not much point in questioning Mal either. He could always be lying, and if that turns out to be the case, I can just point an Arrow through him. Don't worry, I won't kill him, just disable him. Anyways, give me holler if you guys need me." With that said, Salvinn quickly swung up the rigging until he was back in the crow's nest. Altitude had always suited him. The higher, the better.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Krash (Takea Tankards)"Boobly-woobly-whahoo!" Krash cried, raising a finger. He promptly spun, walked into the doorframe, and fell flat on his back. The twisted smile finally left his face, and the gleam of sanity returned to his eyes. Krash spoke, dizzy and out-of-breath."Stupid... insanity...."Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC (Takea Tankards): Quorvex rolled his eyes and growled as he hauled the Ta-Matoran to his feet."Krash," he began, not bothering to hide his annoyance but keeping his voice low, "Remember the last time I had to deal with you? You now, where you 'misplaced' several barrels of gunpowder and I had to go looking for them? Sarillia still isn't happy with you and I'm not exactly pleased myself."Quorvex then led the explosives merchant back toward the bar, so he could keep an eye on the guard."Now the doctors gave you something to help control these little episodes of yours, so I'm only going to ask this once, politely. Why haven't you taken it?"

Edited by Tafu

"Don't Panic."

OOC: Well, it's cluttered with consonants, and "ahk" just makes any name sound terrible, IMO. Although now that I think about it, Grishnahk sounds perfect for a zyglak. =PIC: Artorre: S.S. Dream Come True:"Yeah, I guess you're right. We could get to know each other over a game of cards, though," Artorre suggested.

IC (Takea Tankards): Quorvex rubbed the back of his head in frustration as he said, "You were supposed to hide them from your mentally disturbed alter ego and take two at a time when you weren't having an episode."He wanted to punch Krash in the mask, but instead, he grabbed his beer and swallowed half of it as he tried to calm himself down.Pausing for a few minutes and finally said, "Alright. What are you doing here? Was your store robbed as well? I haven't been able to read the entire list."

Edited by Tafu

"Don't Panic."

IC: Krash (Takea Tankards)"Why I'm here? You'd have to ask my insane side for that, and I really don't want to let him out right now. Was my store robbed? Not sure about that either. I've been gathering raw material for the last day, maybe day and a half. That reminds me, I gotta check on my employee..." He trailed off, thoughtful expression on his face. Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

IC: [Dralack Illu](Complaint Department, Castle Sakrinil, Sakrinil)Remaining deathly silent, Dralack stroked his chin contemplatively, a habit that he had picked up years ago. So, I am not the only victim of this robber, he thought soberly, not quite sure whether this was good or bad news.Glancing around the room, he added internally, If that is true, then how many others here have suffered the same fate...OOC: Lev, would it be safe to assume that almost all of the merchants are victims of Midnight? If so, it would save me a lot of time questioning each of them.IC: [Doriana Calam](Arkrak's General Store, Port Green Peak, Effrah)Doriana nodded curtly, before hauling a few crates over to the wagon."Ah yes," she grinned, "This'll be much easier!"IC: [Su'un Kanad](Takea Tankards, Sakrinil, Yheyn)Su'un walked over to where a large, burly Prime was sitting (Xerxes) pulling up a chair next to him."Thank Mata Nui someone finally opened the door for that poor bugger," he said with a slight chuckle, making a subtle gesture towards Quorvex and Krash.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: All of those merchants got robbed by the same person/thing.Now frankly, I think they were all mind controlled in the middle of the night and gave the objects to a rogue Toa of Psionics who stood right outside the door and accepted the items before putting them in a cart. He used his illusion powers to make it look quite a bit different and erased memories from watchers heads as he trudged around the entire city, before finally leaving on that cart to a small dock on the north-eastern coast where he sailed away with a band of other very, very happy people. Oh, and then Midnight came and left a mark on the wall after stealing a bunch of other stuff.[GM]IC: Matoran Guard / Takea TankardsThe guard was getting an ever increasingly high feeling that something very, very bad could happen to him at any moment. He had gotten that right when he first woke up near Vorasku, too. Now it was still just as present. Oh well, it was probably just his imagination.He was starting to get used to what was going on, and his markings on the map were coming out faster and faster. He was just finishing with the last tablet now. Wanting to confirm his suspicions, he went around the border of the merchants hit and began tracing a line.The Guard was stunned at what he saw - a crescent moon. The shops all formed a crescent moon. Looking at the locations on the full map that were missing, he could also guess at which other ones were there.And something else. Three other shapes on the outside of the moon, created by another few strings of shops. Three arrows - one pointing due south, and one other pointing towards the Great Library. There was a third one, too, pointing... northwest? Towards where Shimmering Palace was?"Hey, you might want to look at this!" he called back to Quorvex.OOC: If a fight started, he would die first.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

OOC: ... And I thought my plots were insane. :PIC: [Dralack Illu](Complaint Department, Castle Sakrinil, Sakrinil)Thirty minutes later...Dralack ground his teeth in frustration. He had questioned each and every person in the waiting room, and they had all told him the same exact thing. They had woken up to find their most precious thing, along with a number of small, unimportant objects, stolen in the middle of the night. Not to mention the permanent crescent moon that had been emblazoned on all of their walls.Something big is going on here, he thought, wincing a bit at the melodrama of his statement, And I'm not going to rest until I figure out what.With that thought in mind, the tall Vortixx strode out of the room, and after that, out of the castle, with the intention of heading to one of the few places where he might find some information on the matter.The home and offices of Guildmistress Sarillia.-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Lev: I was thinking a Toa of Stone with a Great Komau, doing something similar, as well as leaving the crescent moon. Whether he was Midnight or not didn't matter. I started thinking mind control when you mentioned how Sarillia had secured her door with a really complicated lock. Of course I need more evidence before I can actually prove anything.IC (Takea Tankards): Quorvex glanced at the guard and then back to Krash."Stay here," he said as if he was commanding a pet Rahi. He then walked back to the guard who was now pointing at various parts of the map. A crescent moon, three arrows...The agent smiled as he tried to visualize a much larger map of Yheyn and the surrounding area. The arrows could either be pointing at future hits or places that the thief had already visited. He knew that there were a few Guild members on some of the islands towards the south, and it would make sense for to not hear from them yet considering the distance. Either way, he now had a few more leads to follow."Well done my friend," Quorvex said as he pulled out a few widgets to pay for both their drinks. As he started to put away the list and map he paused."How rude of me! I almost forgot. My name is Quorvex." He then extended his hand in order to offer a handshake.

"Don't Panic."

OOC: You might be right.Or it could be that a thief taken right out of legends was cast forward through time upon stealing a magical artifact into the present day and is now continuing their crime spree from where they left off, but is also leaving clues behind in order to lead people to them while also directing them to certain essential points that could lead to their discovery by a worthy individual who will replace them when they die.It could be that, too.In fact, it could be almost anything. I guess it's up to you to find out.[GM]IC: Matoran Guard / Takea Tankards"It's..."He shook Quorvex's hand in response to the offered handshake as he said, "... Aldarnin."OOC: Well, against all odds, he got a name. And is now officially a Mauve Shirt - he has a name and a background, and a PC friend. But at least he can now take a few people with him when he dies.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :Flagusa