Waves Of The South

[GM]Castle Sakrinil Keep, Third TierNPCs - Toa Guards"As you demonstrated with the new guy when he started challenging everybody." the first said with a chuckle. "Now that he could use anything other than a sabre. We tried giving him a bow after you humiliated him, and he manage to snap the string and stab himself with the arrow.""Want to put those skills to use? Get a ship and go off on a little adventure of your own. Maybe you could request a transfer north, but then there's less Toa to be around. Or go south. Whatever you feel like. Maybe you could try to help some of those merchants with their Midnight problem.""I keep telling you," replied the second. "It's not Midnight! Just an imposter.""Bah!" he first replied. "You're not a native. You wouldn't understand.""Sure." the second said with a roll of the eyes.OOC: How does one fail that badly? I mean, I wasn't a very good archer either, but I'm also at a visual disadvantage.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

OOC: Honestly...I don't even know how one does that.IC-Cotan:"You're kidding me," Cotan breathed in response to the first anecdote, before he laughed again. "Ah, well. He just needs a good teacher, that's all." Cotan shrugged, before thinking about the guard's response."I wouldn't want a transfer at all, and going off on my own little adventure..." he shrugged. "It sounds fun, but I just have a gut feeling that they'll come up with something for me to do directly after I've set off, putting that idea to an end." He sighed."Ah, well. Maybe I should just find Toa Sorlan, see if he has anything for me to do personally-otherwise, who knows. Maybe I will grab a ship-" he smiled."So long as you two host the party, celebrating the moment when I actually start spending money. I know the Trader's Guild will be delighted at the thought."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

[GM]Castle Sakrinil Keep, Third TierNPCs - Toa Guards"Yeah. Maybe when the sun goes dark. Or giant spiders plague the land. Or the volcanoes become highly active. Or a huge earthquake hits the universe. Or the Brotherhood of Makuta go against Mata-Nui. Or when there's numerous wars covering the universe again. Any one of those apocalyptic events and we'll join you." the first said.The second just nodded.OOC: Hey, wait a minute...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

OOC: I would assume the Toa Council Base, considering he's the Toa Council leader. Or in the Great Library. But if he was there, Burnmads rogue Toa character would be in a much, much worse situation.[GM]Castle Sakrinil Keep, Third TierNPCs - Toa Guards"You know," the first guard said. "Those things would really, really suck.""Yup." the second replied. "And what if the universe was also dying and only one team of Toa was there to save it?""Now that's just ridiculous. There's way too many Toa for something like that to happen.""What if they all died?""Bah. Nobody's killing me, my friend."OOC: He was later killed when the the Visorak Hordes destroyed Yheyn.Yeah. Just wanted to let you you know - unless this universe changed from canon, the Visorak Hordes kill all life in the Southern Alliance as a testing project, and the whole place pretty much gets wiped from history long before we see it in canon. Then everything starts turning volcanic and by the time of the main story we've got the lifeless wastes of the canon. How's that for grim?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC (Malok, Unknown Island #2 with the crew of the S.S. Dream Come True): "That seems like a sound plan" Malok assented. "Once we can see more of this place, we can better decide what to do about whatever we find". He began walking along the shore towards the next bay, with his feet sinking into the wet black sand a little with each step. The rough grains were probably making tiny scratches on the perfect armour around his heels, but he would get to fixing that later. He thought of channeling his power into the metal right now to restore it, but then decided it would be a waste of energy. The sand would likly continue for a long way, and he might need to save his strength for whatever they might run into.He followed that train of thought further, which brought him to a halt. He turned to face the rest of the group, and slowly began to speak. "You know, I've been thinking. We have almost no idea what is on this island or what it might mean for us. It would be wise to make a plan for if we run into something nasty or get seperated. We might not need it, but better safe than sorry, I reckon." He held out his hands, and in them formed eight small spheres or metal ,each a little larger than a grape. "Everyone should take one of these" he explained. "They're made of a very rare metal I've been working with recently. There is almost none of it to be found in the Southern Islands, so I can use them as tracking devices. If each of you carries one, then by sensing this metal, I'll be able to sense where we all are, assuming we stay within about a kio of each other. That way, we'll all be able to find each other if we get lost."Even though nobody else could see, he demonstrated his point by extending his elemental powers aound himself to sense the metals in the area. He quickly narrowed his focus to detect only the one type of metal, but just before he did, he caught a whiff of metal from further along the beach. Metal that was standing up, even where his eyes could see nothing. "Wait a minute!" he said in a harsh whisper, turning back to the other crew members. "I don't think we're alone".OOC: That is, assuming the invisable something is biomechanical like everyone else, and so has a body of around 80% metal

ppg2.png

IC (Misty Island): Lesvera had responded to the appearance of the Muaka by loading a bolt into her crossbow and firing at the rahi. The projectile struck the animal in one of its shoulders and when the giant cat turned to face its new attacker, she activated her Huna and disappeared.She moved through the mist until she was to one side of the Muaka. She dropped her invisibility, loaded another bolt, and fired. This time she hit it in the torso, and it turned around fast enough to notice her. It snapped out its elongated neck with it's mouth wide open, attempting to bite her. Lesvera activated her Huna again and caused the mists around her to start swirling, helping to conceal her shadow and limit the Muaka's vision as well.When the beast missed again and roared in apparent frustration, Lesvera tried to consider a new plan. She didn't have enough crossbow bolts to keep hitting the rahi like that. What she needed was a distraction."Alfon?" She tried to say as quietly as possible, "Where are you? I need your help."IC (Great Library): Quorvex sighed and continued limping. The pair eventually found their way to the backrooms. The Guild agent knocked softly on one of the doors before easing it open slightly."Hello?" Quorvex said, "Is Turaga Validrain back here?"IC (Unnamed Inn): "Them?" Crentis asked, "I'm pretty sure I don't know what you're talking about."Another lie. He was almost positive that she was referring to the Vermillion Dragon. From what he understood, she was simply declared missing and presumed dead."I can sympathize with your predicament," he continued, "I've had to suffer through my own share of mutinies in the past. But I suppose you should consider yourself lucky that they decided to leave you here. Most prefer to maroon their former captains on small islands. But that's not important right now; what is, is the question of why you're still here when you're fully capable of leaving."

Credits: Xanis

"Don't Panic."

[GM]IC: Great Library / Turaga Valdirian"Go away." came a voice from the room.IC: Forgotten Island / ???Malok could feel there was somebody there, but it wasn't just one somebody - it was three.Those three somebody's came up over the hill along the sea coast. The first individual was somewhat smaller than a leader class Steltian, having silver armor with a secondary of green and a large Volitak. He was, however, quite a bit bulkier and more intimidating of appearance than any member of that species. In his hand he grasped a huge shaft of metal with a spike on one end and an axe on the other.The second, to his right, appeared to be a female. She was wearing a mask neither were familiar with, and grasped a massive bow. Along her back was a quiver with a number of arrows, and currently she had ready - and was aiming at the group - one that was headed by what appeared to be some sort of crystal filled with red mist. Her armor was silver and brown.The third, on his left, was wielding two weapons - in one hand, he was spinning a bola, and in the other he grasped a flail. More of the former were hanging from supply packs. His mask was, again, of an unknown nature based on appearance. His armor was silver and blue.The first called down, "Why do you dare invade our island?"OOC: They look like this, only smaller and different colored. And different masks.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Artorre: Forgotten Island:"That's a good idea," Artorre began, taking a sphere, but was interrupted by the appearance of the beings, which he had never seen anything like."We're members of the Xankah Order, an organization of toa united to protect the matoran," He explained. "We're on a search for islands yet unknown to them, so that any matoran without toa protectors may be provided with some. If we've intruded upon your land, then we apologize."

[GM]IC: Forgotten Island / ???"We know what you are." the female said. "But you are not welcome here."The first seemed lost in thought. "No. No they are not. But you know what powers they have, Vilthra. They could help us...""Bah! The one Brutaka left with may have been powerful, but we have no idea what they are capable of doing. They cannot possibly be of any use, Hetgar." she replied.Hetgar grinned. "Perhaps. Perhaps not...." His voice grew louder as he declared, "Congratulations, Toa. You just got enlisted."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Artorre: Forgotten Island:"Well, I'd be glad to help, and I'm sure my crew would also be. But if we're going to be working for you, it'd be nice not to have an arrow aimed at us," Artorre said, glad the situation had been more or less resolved so quickly.

IC: SalvinnAs Art spoke Salvinn lowered his bow and arrow, after all there was no point in provoking them, if Art asked them to lower their bow, he would have to comply as well. However that didn't settle things completely for him, he was still worried about the possibility of an attack. Art didn't exactly seem to be the best negotiator. Hence even though he had lowered his bow, Salvinn was still ready to pull it out at a moments notice.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: SakrinilArk landed and returned to his normal shape. He glared at Sollin as he primed his Rhotuka launcher; it crackled with electrical energies as he did.IC: Forgotten IslandBellum looked at the beings with awe and curiosity. She said nothing as they spoke, she only listened and watched.Maelstrom gripped his spear. He may look like a warrior but he felt like running."You're mistaken. I'm not a Toa." He replied to the strange beings.

Edited by Cosmic Titan

IC: SalvinnSalvinn threw a glance at Maelstorm, "You realize you just threw away the bargaining chip for our lives. The others should be able to assist them with their powers, but us we're useless to them now." Salvinn kept his voice lower though, in hopes the other beings didn't hear him.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

[GM]IC: Forgotten Island / ???"Your right." the third said, looking at Maelstrom. "You're even uglier."He looked over the group. "The same goes for the archer. Are they your slaves, then? I'd certainly trade you a Kikanalo for the bug."Hetgar gave him a sharp glance, provoking a shrug and a 'what?' reaction. After a moment, he turned to Artorre and said. "Very well. Vilthra, lower your weapon. We'll take them back to the city. Come, I'll explain on the way. Hopefully we won't run into too much trouble."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Artorre: Forgotten Island:"I don't believe in slavery," Artorre said, refraining from telling the members of Brutaka's species how ugly they were to them. "Even if I did, and they were my slaves, I have no need for a Kikanalo." He followed the three beings.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

IC (Great Library): 'Mata-nui,' Qurovex thought, 'Not more of this.'"Look Turaga Valdriain," the agent said as he tried to spot him, "I normally respect my elders. Honestly. But I've had a rough day. I've just been in two major fights with beings twice my size, I've just been used as a Kanoka disc, I've got a bad scratch on my leg, I'm sore all over, I'm starting to lose feeling in my right hand, and I've got ink all over my mask. So I really, really, really, don't have time for this right now."He pushed the door slightly wider and continued, "Now if you don't mind I need to know everything about Midnight."Before waiting for the Turaga to answer Quorvex turned to his companion, "Krash, if there isn't a massive battle going on outside, would you mind checking to see if that other Turaga is alright. The one that helped us escape from the rogue Toa."

"Don't Panic."

[GM]IC: Three People / Forgotten IslandHetgar shrugged. "Ah, well. However you feel. We have a rather large collection of Matoran slaves, but we haven't had any new ones for a long time. It's a shame we can't trade any with you - if our Thane doesn't decided to have you executed for trespassing, that is.""And you'd do well to keep that thought out of your mouth, Red." Vilthra said. Huh. That mask must be a Suletu. She walked along the groups edge, while the third member kept towards the back."Tell me. What do you know of our of species, Veodrok?"OOC: Species is not Veodrok. You are Veodrok. That is your new title.IC: Turaga Valdrian / Great Library"Everything I know? Everything I know! How dare you! I've worked for the last... thousands of years on this! You can't just barge into my home and make... obnoxious demands like this! Who sent you?"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

IC: Artorre: Forgotten Island:"Nothing at all," Artorre answered, still a bit stunned by their mention of Matoran slaves. As for the Veodrok thing, he figured it was some sort of insult. "Are the slaves at least treated well?" He asked.

IC: Taronak"Do you intend to turn us into slaves?" he asked loudly, in a somewhat impolite voice.

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC (Malok, Brutaka's Homeland): "Wait a moment!" Malok snapped at the rest of the crew. "You're just going to go along with this? All they needed to do was look intimidating, call you useless and aim a weapon in this direction, and now you're acting like we have to do whatever they say? You're letting them take us captive? Pardon me, but that seems a bit pathetic. We can stand up for ourselves".He turned back to the three beings on the hill, and raised his voice to them. "I don't take orders from any being with a loud voice and a fancy weapon. What is it that you want to conscript us to, and by what authority do you do it? If it is indeed a worthy cause, I will accompany you of my own accord, but I will not serve any unknown campaign just for the asking."

ppg2.png

IC: Taronak"I agree with Malok. Why should we serve without reason, just because these beings want us to?" he said, preparing to draw his axe if needed.

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

IC: Forgotten IslandBellum stood there, she seemed to be emotionless and she hadn't yet moved to follow the beings. Her mind was still out at sea. And this hostility made her wanted to be back at sea more. The water was right there it called to her. She could drown this island if she wanted to. But did she? She eyed up the largest if the three; her orange eyes seemed to convey a feeling of boredom.Maelstrom chuckled nervously and gripped his spear tighter. He stood by Malok hopping he knew what he was doing. In the back of his mind he wished he had never got on that boat.

IC: Artorre: Forgotten Island:"No, I'm going along with it because they seem to need help," Artorre said. "It's not like I was going to go into the city before they told us what we were needed for. And I know we don't have to do whatever they say, as I'm sure they do." He turned to Taronak. He opened his mouth, but closed it again. Any points he could think of, for example, asking why they protect the matoran, were nullified by his being a rogue. Instead, he turned again to face Bellum. "You coming?" He asked.

IC: Alfon (Unknown Island)"You rang?" I asked, popping back into sight right beside Lesvera just a few seconds after she called for my help. Initially, I intended to sneak up on the critter and cut it open unnoticed but that proved rather hard when it kept bounding up, down, left and right with others in the area. Her plan would probably beat that option in this case.

[GM]IC: Three People / Forgotten IslandThe third looked to Malok and let out a chuckle. "You're an invader on our land. You follow our laws, or you are executed. You behave in a way we don't like, you are exectued. Do well to keep that in mind."Hetgar turned to Artorre and said, "They're treated well enough, unless they misbehave. Then they meet the wrath of our law. We aren't much for torture or prisons, though. And physical scarring leads to worthless warriors or workers. The only punishment for any crime on our island is death."He looked to Malok, then. "My companion is right. Rest assured, no harm shall come to you unless you break our laws, or refuse to do as we say. Our experience with Toa in the past has shown your powers. If you put those to use for our forces, you will be granted honors. If not, then you're the first public execution in over twenty-four years. That's what happens when you invade another mans holdings.""Do you wish to know our cause, Veodra? We are not at rest here. We are in the middle of a war. And if we stall for too long anywhere, you might see just how well it works out for you."The female stood still, watching intently.IC: Librarian / Sakrinil Streets"Eh, I'm fine." the Librarian said as Krash came to him. "Looks like them other Toa over there are giving him a good thrashing."-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: SalvinnSalvinn nodded at Malok's words, he was by all means correct, why should they just be taken captive like this. However, he knew that if there was a chance they needed the help, then he had to provide it, but how to protect the crew and help the natives? Then it dawned upon him. "Art, Malok is right, we can't just go. However I do have a compromise to help you guys." Salvinn's gaze shifted over to the other beings, "Take me to see just where you are taking us, and to verify the truth of your statement. That we will know for sure that you mean no harm." Salvinn proposed, it was a logical way to get them out of this mess, and maybe just maybe the rest of the crew would be smart enough to bail when he left. Atleast Salvinn hoped so.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: "I am Pala," the Toa of Iron responded, "A Toa of the Council, and protector of the innocent. And yes, friend Stronin, I do work fast."He turned back to Sollin, who felt the pressure of iron elemental powers increase a little bit, pushing him further down. "I have answered your questions, now you answer mine," Pala asked him, "What was the about at the Great Library."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

[GM]IC: Three People / Forgotten IslandVilthra looked at Slavinn curiously, then turned to Hetgar, then looked back over the assembled Toa. Hetgar stood in thought for a moment before saying, "Unacceptable. If the three of us take you, then the rest can flee. If only one of us takes you, then the other two could be overpowered by the remainder of your group. All of you come - and if some among you choose to attack, the rest had best know we will not count you among your more treacherous companions."OOC: Suletu, Volitak... but what mask does #3 have?-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Salvinn"Not quite if you're doing you're math quite straight. If the 3 of you could take on the 7 of us, that means you could each defeat roughly 2 and half of us. Now if you take away one from each group, that means that there'll will be three people for each of you to take care of, thus you'd only need to be able to take on half an extra person to defeat us." Salvinn stated, it was deliberately somewhat confusing to mislead them."Of course if I leave with the archer, being an archer myself, means that both sides lose their archer thus we both still come out just as even. I'd say that's a fair trade off." Salvinn suggested as an alternative.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

[GM]IC: Three Power / Forgotten IslandVilthra let out a chuckle. "Are you comparing yourself to me, little one?"Hetgar gave a quizzical glance. "Ah, but see, that's where you're wrong. Each of us is worth three of you here, this close, on our own turf. And you - you don't look like the type to work together. Unlike us. So, it's nine against seven, closer to ten against seven. Our favor, likely to have injuries, but no losses. But take away one, and it becomes six to six. Your favor. And you being lost is no major deal, as you are not like them. And even fight may result in losses from our side, and that would be unfortunate."OOC: His Sense Motive is higher than your Bluff. Wisdom wasn't his dump stat, neither was Intelligence, and he likes Cross-Class skill ranks.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: SalvinnWell this wasn't good, they had seen through his bluff he needed to try and weasel out, but how? "You're forgetting about the collateral, you're right we don't work together well, we don't even know the full extent of everyone's powers. That's bound to mean that if a fight was to break lose their would be some collateral for us. Of course there's also the fact that we also don't want to sustain injuries, an even fight does mean casualties, that's something we want to avoid as well." Things would be fine if one of them went with me, but no, I can't force that on them.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

[GM]IC: Librairan / Sakrinil Streets"Oh, sure. You can explain what you're after while we're heading back in."IC: Three People / Forgotten IslandsHetgar replied, "Collateral that may also harm us." he said. "You know, I'm starting to think... you might be trying to trick us! Oh, but you would never do that. Toa are supposed to be so honorable, and so are their friends! Is that not correct?"OOC: [/sarcasm]-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC (Great Library): Quorvex grumbled slightly. Everything was going to have to be battle today."My name is Quorvex," he said, "I'm an investigator for the Yheyn Traders Guild, under order by Guildmistriss Sarillia, leader of trade, guiding light of commerce, and several redundant and annoying titles that she has created for herself. My current assignment is to investigate the recent series of robberies that all involve a white crescent moon implanted into a wall. Since this mark is attributed to the thief Midnight, I would like to know why a supposedly mythological figure is currently stealing random trinkets from almost every merchant in the city. Please?"IC (Misty Island): Lesvera crouched lower in the mist in order to temporarily hide from the frenzied Muaka."I think I can take this thing down," Lesvera said to Alfon, "I just need it to stop moving for at least five seconds. See if you can have a resident archer take out one its masks. If that doesn't work have it focus on someone in particular, but let them get killed. At that point I could jump on its back and kill it."

"Don't Panic."

IC: SalvinnSigh, now for the crazy part of this. "I'm not a Toa, and in fact in your eyes, I'm probably even expendable. In fact part of me is wondering why I'm still alive, the other part of me is trying to stay that way. Let's look at this from our standpoint, we get hit by storm and end up Mata-Nui knows where. Trying to get a better sense of our surroundings we start exploring the island and find locals. However instead of finding help, instead we end up with weapons pointed as and threats of death. Of course now comes the crazy part." Salvinn chuckled a bit, "They then expect us to help them! Now tell me what motive do we have to trust you? And if we can't trust you, how well do you expect the Toa to fight for you. Of course what about me, the guy that's not a Toa, what am I now supposed to do, because fact is I'm expendable, and probably will just be killed anyway. So what should I do?"Great, so now I've either annoyed the karz out of them, or swayed them a bit. Actually if they do attack maybe we can use that, it'll give me an excuse to strike back and hopefully buy enough time for the others to escape.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

[GameMaster] ~ TimeFor the people of Yheyn and the other islands in the Southern Alliance, it was now just after dusk. The harbors were closing up for the night.Nothing special happened. Luckily.~~~[GM]IC: Turaga Validian / Great LibraryThe Turaga sat in thought for a moment before letting out a sigh. "Fine. Close the door behind you. If you want to to know everything, this will take a while, so pull up a seat."The room was a very strange one. The door could be easily locked and fortified based on the the numerous devises on it. There were bookshelves filled with old tomes and tablets, and the only lighting was a few higlhy expensive lightstone crystals - a mark of somebody who didn't want to risk fire in here. In fact, there was no water or liquids visible either. The entire room was plated in stone and metal, like a bunker. Yeah... this guy was paranoid.The one wall had a rather strange chalk drawing on it, and numerous pieces were in front. It seemed to show two figures - one, a female wearing a hood with a cloak over their back and covered in shadow on the right, with a crescent moon on her arm. Opposite her was a white robed figure with a veil over her face of cloth rather than the darkness, and she had a sun on hers. There were a lot of other little details, but mostly it seemed to be little symbolic things that Quorvex couldn't recognize."What do you know of Midnight?" he asked, turning to the investigator from his seat - a seat that spun around. Neat. "And you'd best not say 'the middle of the night' unless you want a staff shoved somewhere very uncomfortable."IC: Three People / Forgotten Island"There's one problem with that." Hetgar said. "Well... okay. Assume this. There's this little island filled with really big people who are at war with other really big people that used to be their best friends, and are perfectly matched. So then assuming this, three of these big people go scouting, and one of those big people sees a small ship off our coast. And then that big person watches a perfectly intact, smaller ship land on shore and dispose of seven beings, including five of some power equal to their own, powers that are more potent in attacking a large group of enemies from afar.""Now then. Let's say that the big people meet with these invaders, and tell them to do what they say. And then one of those invaders begins throwing out treaties and deals as though they are on even ground. Despite one little thing - only equals may negotiate. And equals prove themselves equals in a duel."His eyes narrowed in. "Tell me, archer. Do you think yourself my equal? Or would you leave your negotiations to your leader?"-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

IC: Alfon (Unknown Island)Lesvera's second suggestion was way off the deep end for my liking so that's an absolute no-no. Honestly, the simple fact that she'd mention such a cold-blooded tactic shook me a bit off my rocker and told me a lot about herself: I didn't like that. Don't get me wrong, it's a smart tactic but it's too cruel for me. If one of us is going to die, it won't be because of my doing. Bad for karma and my conscience."I'll get Keran on it but no one's getting sacrificed if it doesn't work." I said with every bit of finality that I could muster. I vanished from sight and swiftly moved towards Keran before Lesvera could object, popping back into existence right beside the Toa of air, startled by my sudden appearance. "Think you can knock off one of kitty's masks with your arrows? Y'know what, doesn't matter what you think, you're going to try. Thanks."That said, I knelt beside him, perched slightly above the battlefield, watching intently for a situation requiring my assistance.

Edited by Mr. Wade