Can the Kanohi Rode tell the future? In Bionicle Legends 5: Inferno, Axonn predicts the future by seeing that Tahu lied in saying that the Toa Nuva would be waiting for the Toa Inika's return, since they would have to be sent on another mission. Could this be used in a bigger perspective, such as saying "Mata Nui will wake." and telling if that is a lie or not?

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

Only if the future is discernable from the present, like weather forecasters. I'm not entirely sure what happened with your Tahu example; I just vaguely recall Axonn sending them on that mission. It sounds like, off the top of my head, he simply meant, "No, since you have to go on the mission, you won't have time for that."It -was- Mata Nui's destiny to awaken, and Makuta did need that to happen, so it was very likely, and you could make a case that Axonn would have been able to tell. But I was under the impression it only gives access to knowledge beings right in front of him have, so he wouldn't be able to tell what Makuta's Plan was, thus no. Not sure.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Besides, the alternate Axonn in the Kingdom implied that his mask's truth-detecting power only detects if someone's lying -- it looks for what the target believes to be true, not what absolutely is true.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Well, if someone told a lie about what they knew would happen in the future, then, yes, a Rode user should feasibly be able to find the actual truth, and in turn, know what would happen in the future. Keep in mind this is only for things that the liar would definitively know about future events and lie about.

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

I think it was more like that Axxonn was correcting what Tahu thought to be true, not proving him to be a liar.There's a difference between willfully trying to deceive someone and not knowing the truth yourself. But if I said "Mata Nui will wake." and I knew that he wouldn't, then you would be able to tell that I was lying to you, but you would not be able to tell anything else.

I think the Rode operates based on whether the speaker is telling what they think is the truth or not- not necessarily actual fact. For example, if someone said: "The Makuta's Plan is to throw fish at Mata Nui", and actually believed this, the Rode would not count this as a lie, since the speaker thought it was true. I would say that this example is just Axonn being wise. The Rode would be able to predict the future to some extent in the event that the speaker knows about the future.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

• 4 weeks later...