Sonic The Hedgehog

Makuta Matata

Considering Sonic 4 episode 2 is part of Sonic 4, it'd be strange if it didn't have the same title screen music.It's meant to be one game after all.

um_banner.gif

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."

-Douglas Adams

Considering Sonic 4 episode 2 is part of Sonic 4, it'd be strange if it didn't have the same title screen music.It's meant to be one game after all.

So was Sonic 3 and Knuckles. But they didn't have the same title music, did they?And besides, both have the same map music.
I knew somebody would say that, but Sonic adn Knuckles wasn't called Sonic 3 Episode 2 was it?Also Sonic adn Knuckles has more, higher quality content than Sonic 4 as a whole

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

BREAKING NEWSAccording to Takashi Iizuka, there are currently NO PLANS of a Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode 3. Implying that Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode 2 would be the final game in Sonic the Hedgehog 4.But that doesn't mean that it's final, there may be an Episode 3 if SEGA sees the sales are high enough.

Do not trust corrupted memories.

BREAKING NEWSAccording to Takashi Iizuka, there are currently NO PLANS of a Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode 3. Implying that Sonic the Hedgehog 4 - Episode 2 would be the final game in Sonic the Hedgehog 4.But that doesn't mean that it's final, there may be an Episode 3 if SEGA sees the sales are high enough.

I'm pretty sure he said that over the summer. It was definitely known before Sonic Generations was released.Edit: You were right to an extent. Iizuka confirmed that there would not be an Episode 3 recently, but over the Summer, Ken Balough said something similar, but he also mentioned that there is a possibility of another Episode.Some real breaking news is that Takashi Iizuka debunked Sonic Dimensions.Also, there are new Episode 2 screenshots. Most notably:Edit: They don't work. Epic fail. Well, they're on TSSZ. Edited by knuckles chaotix

Looks like my wish was granted. PAX East is in Boston! I might get to play Episode 2 early! Assuming I can afford the tickets.Also, you can sync saves between Windows Phones and Xbox Live for Episode 2. I wonder if they might do that if they make a Vita version.Also, a bit off topic, but there will be no Xbox Next Gen at E3 this year. Same with PS4. So the Wii U has the chance to steal the show.Hey, have you guys heard about Shenmue HD?Edit: Also, new concept art.Edit #2: Full White Park Zone Act 1 footage released. Nothing new, it's really just all the clips from before put together.Edit #3: Also, for those of you who actually care, Bayonetta (the character) will appear in Anarchy Reigns. Cool, eh? Also, Akira, Api, Sarah, and Jacky from VF were confirmed for the next Dead or Alive. Not exactly Sonic, but it's from the same company.Where is everyone? I feel like I'm posting this news for nobody...Edit: For those of you who care, there some new Crush 40 songs. They released teasers of Sonic Youth, One of Those Days, and Rise Again.Still nobody here? Well, may as well say that SEGA has laid off many employees today, leading to a decline in stock values. Also, Crush 40 had their concert and played their new songs, but I can't find them.

Edited by knuckles chaotix

• 3 weeks later...

I get to go to Sonic Boom because I'm only 15 minutes away :D YAY SAN DIEGO.The songs are pretty cool, and Sega's layoffs are terribad.ALSO, that dusty zone for Ep 2 is revealed.And it's quite possible the Adventure 2 gets an HD remake (HOPEFULLY not another Adventure PSN/XBLA) as it's been sighted on a list.

Undergoing Renovations...

Looks like it will have Episode 2 physics as well.

No durr. But it'll be nice playing as Metal from his own perspective as Eggman's robot.Wonder if this leads into the story of Heroes...
Nope. Sonic 4 takes place after Sonic 3, and Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 happen before Heroes, but after Sonic 3.

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

No durr. But it'll be nice playing as Metal from his own perspective as Eggman's robot. Wonder if this leads into the story of Heroes...
Nope. Sonic 4 takes place after Sonic 3, and Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 happen before Heroes, but after Sonic 3.
Um, it takes place sometime after Sonic and Knuckles, which could mean after Sonic 3D or directly before Sonic Adventure.

No durr. But it'll be nice playing as Metal from his own perspective as Eggman's robot. Wonder if this leads into the story of Heroes...
Um, it takes place sometime after Sonic and Knuckles, which could mean after Sonic 3D or directly before Sonic Adventure.
I meant does the rebellion start at this point or at some point after Adventure 2?BTW MAY 15.And has anyone else heard of the Sega+Namco+Capcom crossover?

Sorry, I think of the games as one whole. But anyways, the point is that the game doesn't lead into Heroes, not that it could take place before or after other games

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

I meant does the rebellion start at this point or at some point after Adventure 2? BTW MAY 15. And has anyone else heard of the Sega+Namco+Capcom crossover?
Some time after Sonic Adventure 2, I'd assume. But then again, we don't know much about this game's story.

I meant does the rebellion start at this point or at some point after Adventure 2? BTW MAY 15. And has anyone else heard of the Sega+Namco+Capcom crossover?
Some time after Sonic Adventure 2, I'd assume. But then again, we don't know much about this game's story.
Yeah.I just want it out.

Yeah.I just want it out.
Have you seen the new PAX East Sonic 4.2 video? It has the full demo acts. All of it. Also, the music for the game is sounding simple, yet catchy. Just like the classic games.

Sonic music isn't very simple compared to most other music of the time. That stuff had layers!It's just the masterful melodies that stick in your mind. And never leave.

um_banner.gif

-Douglas Adams

Oil desert zone? We needed a desert level for once. I have not seen many in classic eras. Yes I have seen the one in Sonic 06, don't need to point that out. :P

What about Arid Sands from Sonic Unleashed?Or Sand Oasis from Sonic and the Secret Rings? Or Frontier Canyon Zone from Sonic Rivals 2? Edited by knuckles chaotix