Ch-ch-ch-changes!

So, the past week's been my first bout of any real activity on here since January, and even then I didn't really consider myself particularly active; I've been half out the door since the reboot, really. When I got back on here, I found that some of my thoughts and aspirations on BZP had been pretty radically changed--getting a post high count doesn't hold the same thrill it used to, and participation everywhere for the sake of participation everywhere is somehow less fulfilling.Over your time here, regardless of how long, how have your goals and opinions on BZP changed? Why do you think it went like that, and d'you think the change is permanent?

"I admire your style, which is colorful, if monochromatic."

I've changed in the way I aspired to things on BZPower. Back in the day, it was all about getting proto and becoming a staff member, but now that I've had full proto for five and half years and have been staff for four years, they have kind of lost their relevance, partly because I've achieved them long ago, partly because I'm older. Sometimes I still look at my proto bar and think back of the days where I thought I would never get a proto boost (lol technically I could have got over 100 for news by now :P), but I've grown to love and appreciate other things about the website more than I did then. ^_^-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

reaching over 1,000 posts for me... which is hard, as i usually post in cot...i'd like a proto boost, but have covinced myself it wont happen.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

reaching over 1,000 posts for me... which is hard, as i usually post in cot...i'd like a proto boost, but have covinced myself it wont happen.
Yeah and so did I. :PThe worst way of failing is not trying.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

My opinion on BZP hasn't really changed. My only goal that has changed, however, is wanting to become a staff member. I'm not saying that I would reject an offer to be one, but becoming one really isn't high on my list of things to do.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Mmm...I was over-enthusiastic about waaaay too many things. If I read a story I liked, my review would be me vomiting praise that was not helpful beyond an ego-boost to the author. That's changed, or at least I like to think so. Also, I used to think everyone who had PMship or a higher raking and/or more than a thousand posts was famous and worthy to be idolized. Then I realized I should save my admiration for those who really deserve it. And before the downtime, my goal was to become similarly 'famous'. (post in ALL THE FORUMS) But I've mellowed out quite a bit. Nowadays, it's more like "Heh, this topic could use some duckling to spruce it up." I've also become much more selective in which stories I want to read here on the library, but I don't think that's a good thing.

(disclaimer: none of this banner art is original, I just smooshed it together in gimp. Torchic, Matau)
ThosePeskyFirespitters.png.3dbdb65e6a28cbbc5957d81c09a685b6.png
Those pesky firespitters... 
Library | The Sculptors and the Smelters | The Ternion Review Topic 

I used to be an egotistical immature and somewhat awkward ten/eleven year old when I first joined BZPower, and during that time I wanted all my stories to be recognised and be awesome.Now?I'm an egotistical and immature thirteen/fourteen year old who have dreams of becoming an OBZP, join staff and become Curator of the CCC.And reach 20,000 posts.

I like to think I'm less enthusiastic about posting for the sake of getting a high post count, and more for the sake of contributing to the community. I try to make my posts worthwhile to read rather than merely words to bump up my rank.Other than that, I still hope to achieve full proto, and maybe one day become a staffer. Not a whole lot has changed, other than my level of maturity. :P