A few matoran questions

#1. Do matoran eat?#2. Where do they come from, is there a Great Being who builds them?#3. Can they change masks?

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

#1. well, sorta.#2.again sorta. Great beings built machines, I guess.#3. indefinitely. Jaller had an old mask before his Hau, and many other matoran have swapped their masks.someone else should be able to give a deep explanation on this , i just know in general things.

1: I always thought there was some facility that lets them "restore energy." I guess that's sort of "eating." 2: If I remember, they're created by someone. I don't know who.3: They can like how everyone else changes masks.

Edited by FF Ice Master

pWPTu7m.jpg

Matoran can either eat or absorb energy from things through their hands, I believe. I think that they need to do that about once a month.The Matoran creation process has not been revealed, but it is known that that could be achieved on Metru Nui (I think that machinery was required and that it could be found on Metru Nui, but I could be wrong; also, it might have been possible to create Matoran in other places, I'm not sure) and I think that they are unable to create Matoran on Spherus Magna unless they move the machinery from the robot or create new machinery.They can change Kanohi, as others have said (they are magnetically attached), but it has to be done quickly because Matoran will enter a coma (or something similar to a coma) if they don't have a Kanohi on for too long (although a new Kanohi might be able to be placed on a comatose Matoran). I think that masks don't always fit on all Matoran's heads, though.

Edited by Infrared

#1. Not as we do, but they do 'eat' by absorbing energy through their hands. They can get this energy from some sort of power well, or if those are unavailable they can get it from meat and plants. They just don't chew and swallow, they convert the food into energy with their hands.#2. The first Matoran were made by the Great Beings. We don't know how Matoran reproduce but we know it had something to do with machines that are in the Matoran Universe and must be taken out if the Matoran are to reproduce on Spherus Magna. We also know that there are some of these machines in Metru Nui and that Turaga can arrange for more Matoran to be made as needed.#3 Absolutely. Matoran, Toa, and Turaga are weakened without their masks, and Matoran will go unconscious if they go without a mask for a little while, but masks can be removed without doing any damage or permanent harm and as long as they're not in any danger it should be no problem for them to put on another mask that they have handy.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Matoran absorb energy from food through their hands. They do not injest it.The first matoran were built by the Great Beings. Since Mata Nui's journey began, their population is maintain by being built by Mata Nui or Artahka. The process for this is a secret the Bionicle story team resolved never to reveal, but Matoran do not reproduce sexually or on their own in any way.Matoran can change masks as easily as you can change your hat, but they cannot operate for very long without one. If they go for too long without a mask they become weak and eventually comatose.

Thanks everyone
And, since the questions are answered, the topic will now be closed. ^_^ (If something else should have been added I'm unaware of, PM me.)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)