Doodles Between Classes

Captain Flowers

What up peeps?! So, I found myself doodling some old style bionicles between classes, first of which, Lewa Note; just doodle, not expected to be finished screen_shot_2011-10-26_at_5.51.05_pm.png EDIT:also, onua!I spent a touch more time on him *bout an hour* during a free period. really just a test on the claw idea i had floating about onua.jpg Also more doodleskopakalacka.pngTo Onua/Lewa origional plan/sketch ->http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Cappy/newstuffyo/lewa_onua3.jpg

Edited by Captain Flowers
panty.jpg

When I read the Tital I expected a quick un-painted skech like drawing or somthing,But this is really ipressive!I dont think this is "Old BIONICEL" style...Nor do I think this looks like Lewa,But its awesome nontheless.But I must say,I disrespect you slightly for writing "bionicles" Sorry. http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

This is quite a nice drawing, it seems to mix a sort of realistic view of him with a toy version of him. And I feel like an cool dude asking this but which Lewa is that?( I mean like original, nuva, etc.)

Lonliness echoes through my mind like the reaper's footsteps,

Creeping, crawling until every reverberation of it fills my thoughts,

As the inky blackness of night overwhelms me and I begin to despair,

His hand, the One, will always be there to pull me through.

Don't you just love it when you lose all your BZPower info as well as your email info and are forced to use an old alt? I know I do!

This is quite a nice drawing, it seems to mix a sort of realistic view of him with a toy version of him. And I feel like an cool dude asking this but which Lewa is that?( I mean like original, nuva, etc.)

The mask looks like it's based off of Lewa Mata.This would make a cool (Halloween?) suit, I'd wear it, especially if the axe looked really fancy.

6244916474_c93fd6d552.jpg

6251674125_b0dbed809a.jpg

6252203236_c35c6ab8f3.jpg

Nice style, it would be cool to see onua in this style to :)

He's up next yo

That's pretty good for a sketch!Although something about the breastplate seems off, like it doesn't line up right.

Its a little off center, only just noticed it. i'll fix that next time.

Thanks for posting this, I enjoyed looking at it. Great pose. I like the rough look of it, I'll have to try a similar process. Looks like an easy way to get good looking stuff. - 55555

It really is. rough sketching is the best way to make good looking things

It was done as a mix of my favorite aspects of each. the visor was from the newest one, the shape of the mask was from mata, and i was aiming for a katana, but i ran out of time

For a doodle, that's rather detailed. I'm assuming you had some time to kill in class?

Between, during lunch

The mask looks like it's based off of Lewa Mata. This would make a cool (Halloween?) suit, I'd wear it, especially if the axe looked really fancy.
No ax =(
panty.jpg

Nice, it looks kind of like Grey Fox from Metal Gear only green and even your style looks like Metal gear art. P.S. I like your signiture, Lelouch is one of my favorite anime characters.

Edited by TrueshadowX01

"Don't! They will kill you like a small dog. Instead let your anger be as if it were a monkey on a treadmill; confused and tripping around." -Lelouch of Britania- (Here is my BZPRPG Profile, Diotrua.) 

09972482fe0243bdf1778f84fd5d61d1.gif

Nice, it looks kind of like Grey Fox from Metal Gear only green and even your style looks like Metal gear art. P.S. I like your signiture, Lelouch is one of my favorite anime characters.

Never played or looked into metal gear, i'm a XBOX halo kinda guy cheers also, onua!I spent a touch more time on him *bout an hour* during a free period. really just a test on the claw idea i had floating about onua.jpg
panty.jpg

You sir, are one heck of an artist, maybe try drwing the other arm of Onua with his nuva weapon?

Lonliness echoes through my mind like the reaper's footsteps,

Creeping, crawling until every reverberation of it fills my thoughts,

As the inky blackness of night overwhelms me and I begin to despair,

His hand, the One, will always be there to pull me through.

Don't you just love it when you lose all your BZPower info as well as your email info and are forced to use an old alt? I know I do!

Thanks for sharing these. I like to see works in progress, it helps me visually how the picture was made from start to finish and gives me some ideas for my own work.

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here

Oh hi.. I do not remember, is this your real account or dupe? Cannot recall the name, but I liked that one better. c:These pictures do not need to be so big. Yeah, I am ecstatic for you that you are drawing gigantically, but please, crop them when you are done. We do not need ten inches of white surrounded each of them in 2550 x 3300 pixels. Honey, 1000 is enough in any direction. Especially two in image tags. Slowed down my computer. Your figures suffer from Distended Torso Syndrome. It would be fine if it were occasional, done on all the lanky, thin characters, for instance, but this is a chronic issue that not even a stocky hunchback can escape from, such as Onua. I recommend you work on proportions the most, and then light sources. The sketchiness is fine for a doodle and working things out, but then the coloring itself could stand to be a bit more refined to balance it out and keep it from looking sloppy.If you want to branch out into interesting (and different) poses, get a magazine and look at people playing Lacrosse. They are always in motion and have the added bonus of musculature working for balance, as opposed to super-hero poses and whatnot. (Just don't only look on Google, most of those poses are similar and immediately identifiable as that sport.)Well, you got a post out of me.Oh, and I like Lewa's shoulders.You are welcome.

Edited by Uncle K.

Thanks for sharing these. I like to see works in progress, it helps me visually how the picture was made from start to finish and gives me some ideas for my own work.

Glad you like themCheers

These are great Cap! Not to say you should, but next time inbetween classes, you should doodle the rest of the Mata =p z_signoff.png Eventually, but between college apps, modeling (as in I am a model, not to be confused with plastic models), and essays for the end of first quarter, it might be a while before you see new stuff after today

Oh hi.. I do not remember, is this your real account or dupe? Cannot recall the name, but I liked that one better. c:These pictures do not need to be so big. Yeah, I am ecstatic for you that you are drawing gigantically, but please, crop them when you are done. We do not need ten inches of white surrounded each of them in 2550 x 3300 pixels. Honey, 1000 is enough in any direction. Especially two in image tags. Slowed down my computer. Your figures suffer from Distended Torso Syndrome. It would be fine if it were occasional, done on all the lanky, thin characters, for instance, but this is a chronic issue that not even a stocky hunchback can escape from, such as Onua. I recommend you work on proportions the most, and then light sources. The sketchiness is fine for a doodle and working things out, but then the coloring itself could stand to be a bit more refined to balance it out and keep it from looking sloppy.If you want to branch out into interesting (and different) poses, get a magazine and look at people playing Lacrosse. They are always in motion and have the added bonus of musculature working for balance, as opposed to super-hero poses and whatnot. (Just don't only look on Google, most of those poses are similar and immediately identifiable as that sport.)Well, you got a post out of me.Oh, and I like Lewa's shoulders.You are welcome.

I did get a post out of you didn't I? Do I win a prize? This was the first account. long story short, I lost the password for this one, made the new one, forgot the loggin name for the other one, and my old computer had this ones info when I raided it, so we're back to this one.Sorry about the huge images, I honestly forget I'm working big half the time, it wont happen again. Funny story about these drawings is that I am taking my favorite aspects of each incarnation (is that the right word?) of the original six, and to be honest, I never liked onua as a hunchback. it didn't seem to be necessary for him to be so huge when he had the mask of strength to begin with. the pohatu plan is stockier, and I guess i'll post the original onua plan because why not. I guess I'll have to spend more time on the colouring, which I'm not very good at anyway. I'm putting it in to get an idea for future colourschemes though, not to look pretty. I'll look into the Lacrosse thing, I'm sure if it works for you, it'll work for me. Poses are so hard to come up with for me, so this should help a ton. Thanks for the input
panty.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, I bet there isn't a member on here who hasn't doodled BIONICLE during school hours. :PThese are very nice. I like you're style, very refined and detailed. A couple comments on Onua though. His claw seems a little to, eh generic? I don't really know how to put it. They don't really seem to be in your style. Plus, doesn't Onua have a neck? :P

phauxxblack2.jpg

• 2 months later...