OOC: Dude, what is Abraham talking about? Since he has been there for a while I would assume he knows this, but she is actually excellent at hand to hand combat.The last part of his analysis is straight wrong, I only tell you because I assume Abraham is right about these kinds of things.

shawnlos.jpg

Close enough to my Shawn is...Zelos Wilder.

IC: Abraham"I will tell you what." Abraham said, speaking directly to Shiloh once more. "My codename is 'Evo'. If you can come up with a guess close enough to the truth based off of that, I will explain my ability."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Israel shook his head, unimpressed. "The first three sound like pieces of intel you could get from anyone who's been here longer than week, or just by asking Quicksilver. And the last sounds like a huge truck of personal issues, gramps. You might want to try that one again, this time without the spite."

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

OOC: Actually, he was not referring to skill. Skill matters nothing to him, only if people get the job done. I in fact referenced her profile, specifically, the section where she can be outdone in hand to hand by people faster or stronger than her.Considering your insistence that a character with a profile that states they are a great fighter will always beat one that specifies only average, you really have no room to protest.IC: Abraham"I have no personal issues here, Mr. Cody. It is my job to make the unbiased assessments, otherwise people die." He glanced toward Shiloh. "Very good. You almost have it right."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Windrider - Brotherhood HQ -I turned to look at Nate. "Maybe you shouldn't look at the counter then." I said with a grin. Shiloh pursed her lips as she thought about it. "Evolution...oh!" Her eyes got a bit wider. "I bet you adapt, don't you?"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Izzy snorted "Dude, if that wasn't personal, then her compassion aside, I don't know what the (expletive) you're talking about. It sounds like you just made a bunch of stuff up. Admiring her own beauty? Sparring as an excuse to get close to the males? Useless powers? Where are you even getting this from?"

OOC: Hmmm,

Rosalina''s sorcery is superb, with her grandfather being a rich industrialist she had access to the most advanced training schools and institutes. So her hand to hand capabilities are top notch.
Top notch =/= Average
While her hand to hand is top notch she is not a physically powerful character. She can be physically overpowered and out sped should you get that close
Which implies that she is not as strong or as fast as certain characters. It has nothing to do with her skill. It had to do with her physical attributes, not to mention the whole admiring her own beauty which she has never done OR using sparring to get close to the males, she only sparred once and that was
. With her best friend and assistant Tora Ichiki.
So yeah, it seems to me that your characters analysis are off, and you just did your own thing, Edited by The_Shawn_Legend

shawnlos.jpg

OOC: Shawn, there's a little word I need to teach you here. It's called "bias". As defined by my friend the dictionary, "prejudice in favor of or against something". You really need to apply that word to how you view your own characters.First off, nowhere have I or Abraham stated her fighting skills were average. Only that, as "not a physically strong character", they are often not useful in hand to hand combat activities against enemies the even a bit stronger than her. Or faster. Which, when you consider the training military members go through, is most people. Abraham analyzes usefulness, not skill. You remember that word? Bias? I read the posts where she sparred with Tora, and I discussed them with other players. We all agreed there was more than a hint of subtext there, intentional or not. In fact, I just went back to that fight hoping to cite a specific example, and there were literally too many instances of both to pick one or even several. Lines like "I can't blame you, you are a male" or "Haha....this feels a bit convenient" come to mind, however.In other words, thank you for offering your opinion, however wrong it might be, on my IC character analysis. You're input has been noted, and filed under "Junk I Can Forget About".IC: Abraham"If it was personal, I would have mentioned that she should really go on a diet. Her food is going straight to her thighs."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (René LeBeau)René perked up- the situation in the kitchen was getting much more interesting than he had thought it would. Leaving Quicksilver and the other mutants to whatever bloody sport they had planned next, he slowly, lazily made his way down to the kitchen. He walked in just in time to hear Abraham`s insult both his ears and his mind as Shiloh`s telepathic link supplied him with a sort of 'echo'.Slumping against the wall, he smirked across the room at Shiloh, who smiled at his entrance, then kept his eyes on this situation that had developed between Rosalie and Abraham.

OOC: Funny bias should be brought up. It seems suspiciously like this "character analysis" is not based on any actual analyzing, but simply dislike of The_Shawn_Legend and his RP style. If you're citing Tora as a base for subtext, it states in both of their profiles some form of strong connection, be it from Rosalina's (Best friend/Assistant), or Tora's (Respect, Admiration, Love, Devotion, Protection, bodyguard, assistant, friend). It would be kind of strange for there not to be some sort of subtext there, don't you think? If that happened to drift towards the possibly romantic, that just seems natural. At first, I was totally giving you the benefit of the doubt, because I assumed Evo was a cynical kind of guy, and would be that... I suppose unappreciative of Rosalina's presence from a strategic standpoint. But the way you speak in your Out of Character response makes this seem like more of a personal issue, and one that has little ground.IC: Izzy shrugged. "The (once again, expletive) does that have to do with the stuff you made up? You still didn't explain that. And since we're on the subject of making stuff up, since you make all of the plans for our little brotherhood, and have been for some time, if you'e so good, why the (more expletive-y-ness!) do we keep losing?!"At this point, Dana cut in. "Oh, shut your face, you neanderthal. You say it as if you could do any better. Considering the little resources we have to work with, we should be so lucky we are surviving anyway!"OOC: EDIT: It also occurs to me that I don't think you're giving the degree of leverage having sincere skill has in a fight it's proper due. I'm pretty sure that a person, as you put it, "even a bit stronger" would not have the advantage against Rosalina simply because of that, unless they had sufficient skill to back that strength up.

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

OOC: Abraham is a cynical person. As a matter of fact, I can be too. And you see, there's this little thing I'd like to mention. It's called "Separation of OOC and IC Thought". Basically, it means that what occurs IC, is IC. What occurs OOC, is OOC. If overlap occurs, which it rarely does, it is because it already existed in both places.Fact is, things will happen IC as they happen IC. Unfortunately, there are people out there who don't grasp the distinction.IC: Abraham"The reason we keep losing is, to be blunt, that most of our members are fools. In fact, you should be thanking me that any of you are alive at all.""Also, the term 'neanderthal' is not applicable here by definition. I would appreciate it if you'd stop pretending you know what you're talking about."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Okay, let us get this show on the road.

Kray probably wasn't looking at your character's profiles when writing that. He was probably looking at how you have RPed the characters, and not looking at how you wrote their profiles.
Except for the Tora spar I have never RP'ed her in any way that would indicate that she had any form of conceit or was in the Brotherhood for men, She is only that way with Tora who in both profiles stated that they care deeply for each other.As for you Krayzikk,
You remember that word? Bias? I read the posts where she sparred with Tora, and I discussed them with other players. We all agreed there was more than a hint of subtext there, intentional or not. In fact, I just went back to that fight hoping to cite a specific example, and there were literally too many instances of both to pick one or even several. Lines like "I can't blame you, you are a male" or "Haha....this feels a bit convenient" come to mind, however.
I love how you are adamant about ignoring their characters history. Like it is stated in both profiles they know each other from before and they developed a relationship with one another, So yeah if she is a little more open with Tora then there is nothing wrong with that, and still there is nothing that I have Rp'ed that states any form of conceit.
In other words, thank you for offering your opinion, however wrong it might be, on my IC character analysis. You're input has been noted, and filed under "Junk I Can Forget About"
You need to relax, you seem to give a lot of sass on BZ. Edited by The_Shawn_Legend

shawnlos.jpg

OOC: Or, maybe you guys are taking what someone's character does way too personally. Abraham is a cynic and analytical in nature, and so far nothing he's said about Rosalina seems to be untrue. Maybe you should stop taking it so personally Shawn? This is just a game. :PIC: Windrider - Brotherhood HQ -"Here's a tip...don't zoom your vision so close to the counter." Cause really, in my mind, it should of been easy enough to just not look at things so closely. I sighed as I heard an argument starting. "Alright all of you shut up, you're making my head hurt even more." Well, this is getting quite entertaining don't you think brother? Shiloh thought to René as she waited for Abraham to tell her if she'd guessed right this time.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Okay I need to know how so?

she is a liability, and she contributes little of use outside the battlefield other than admire her own beauty
How is this true, even to Tora she never admired herself own beauty
and use sparring as an excuse to get close to people of the male variety
How is this true? her and Tora have a history so some sub text under their interactions is not farfetched but after Tora who else?And while I am not disagreeing with everything Abraham said I specifically mentioned just certain things that were straight wrong. Edited by The_Shawn_Legend

shawnlos.jpg

OOC: I challenge you to name where I said they're history was ignored. Whether they are close friends or not subtext is subtext. Did I ever say they subtext was irrational, or illogical? No. Did I every say it was unreasonable? No.Does it annoy me in a very minor way? Yes, but only because it is a tired cliche.As for sass, I happen to be a sarcastic person. Especially when confronted by something as illogical as mixing up IC and OOC lines of thought.Like Snelly has said, stop taking IC things personally.IC: Abraham"That is almost it, yes." Abraham commented to Shiloh, seemingly indifferent to the outrage he had caused.

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Everyone calm down. Like Kray said, there's a distinction between IC and OOC, and really, all of this arguing is pointless. Abraham analyzed everyone based on what he observed and inferred, and that's that. There's no need to carry this on, but if you really feel the need to, do it via PM.I'm really sick of all the OOC arguing that's been happening lately.IC: Black CatBlack Cat found herself in the mall a few minutes later and, as dumb luck would have it, crossing paths with Dallas and Nicole. As she passed by the pair, her nose wrinkled."What in the **** is that god-awful stench?" She muttered to herself.

67tlbk.png

OOC: uhhhhhhh anywaiName: Jonathan Curtis "Jace" PulliamCodename: N/A Age: 172 (looks 22)Gender: MaleFaction: NonePower(S): Jace has all the powers of a normal vampire: his senses, speed, and strength are heightened to those of a trained mutant, and he's been practicing his traits long enough to have limited forms of telepathy and mental/emotional manipulation, similar to a hyperkinetic's. In addition, as a vampire, Jace has a healing factor that, depending on the extent of his injuries, can bring him into a fighting state after anywhere from minutes to hours to even a day or two. He wears a black onyx ring on his right ring finger that gives him immunity from being harmed by daylight.Appearance: Jace is, to put it frankly, captivating: he's tall, with a commanding presence, a slim, lean body with taut and hardened muscles underneath slim-fitting black clothes, and perfect, refined facial features; his cheekbones and jaw structure are sharp and enticing, helping support a gorgeous, angular face that you could put on a dollar bill. His eyes are pitch black with flecks of gold dotting the irises, like the midnight sky, framed with stars; they're framed by pale, clean-shaven skin and a long, soft shock of copper-colored hair that falls in curtains over his forehead, earlobes, and down the back of his neck.Weapons: None.Skills: Superhuman physical abilities, good at getting what he wants from people, master actor and improviser. As someone who's spent almost two centuries in warfare, Jace's skill with weapons - both firearms and melee - is honed and perfected, and he can kill you just as effectively with a Bowie knife and a blunderbuss as he could an M1911 and an Uzi.Personality: Jace, as a human, was the typical prodigal son, lazy, always slacking off, never caring for academics or the future or anything of the sort. Rather, he spent his youth gambling, dueling, womanizing, and pickpocketing Southern gentlemen up and down the South. As a vampire, these hedonistic traits have been amplified, leaving him sinister, remorseless, arrogant, and impulsive. His approach to romance and love is not much different than his view as a human: he views true love as dark, intense, practical, and strong and believes that his ideal woman should personify those qualities. Of course, just because love isn't true doesn't mean it can't be temporary, so Jace adopted promiscuity like a bible, moving through women at a mercurial pace ever since he first turned. In short...psychopath.Weakness: As a vampire, he can easily be killed by a wooden stake, any wooden object will immobilize Jace in pain if he's run through with it, whether it be a wooden bullet, 2x4, or even something as innocent as a pencil; he is also affected by verbena, which is a flower associated with divine and supernatural forces by ancient Chinese culture. For good reason. In addition, if he doesn't drink blood, he'll start to desiccate after a couple weeks, drying up and mummifying into a paralyzed state until he feeds again.Bio: When the Civil War broke out, the young Jace signed up for a regiment out of North Carolina and marched out into battle as soon as his state seceded, earning several brevet promotions for bravery in the field of battle, eventually ending up an unofficial Colonel for the Confederacy. All of that changed at the Battle of Shiloh in Tennessee in 1862, when his forces, under the command of Albert Sydney Johnston, were quickly pushed back. After the death of Johnston, Jace tried to assume control of his beleaguered regiment and led them into a charge, but desertion and superior numbers took hold, leaving Jace dying on the field of battle with three bullets in his chest, unconscious and left to suffer whatever fate awaited secessionists in the afterlife.Something the young colonel didn't expect, however, was for a Confederate nurse to take him into her charge. While unconscious, he was fed her blood - the blood of a vampire - and then killed, leaving him to transition into a vampire as well. The nurse gave him a ring of black onyx that would protect him from the sun's rings and then disappeared, leaving him to start his new "life" by himself. He decided to stick around in the army, signing up as his own descendent every time a new, major conflict appeared. As such, Jace has fought with weaponry from the Civil War all the way into modern times. He recently returned to the United States after fighting in the Middle East for upwards of two and a half years, and upon his return, he found that the mutant issue had inflamed to new heights. After some internal debate and soulsearching, the vampire decided he'd play along with the new civil war brewing inside the borders of his country, curious as to where it would end...Preapproved by Snelly.IC: Jace (Brotherhood HQ)Jace kept knocking.-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: I'm quite aware of the distinction. Which is, like I said, why I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. But to try and act like what happens IC is not influenced by the RPer's opinion OOC is simply ignorant :P.Snelly, you have confused me. Taking from an earlier IC of mine: "Admiring her own beauty? Sparring as an excuse to get close to the males? Useless powers?" I haven't seen Rosalina admire herself, nor have I seen her get close to any males besides Tora, and it's stated in both of their profiles that they have a very close relationship. Romance isn't too farfetched, is it? And I can't fathom what's useless about the veritable armory of powers Rosalina has short of the one downfall, which is the large energy requirements of constant use.Finally, if I'm following this correctly, I believe this didn't become personal until after Shawn was responded to. His initial question seemed perfectly reasonable.IC: Dana simply waved Abraham off while glaring at the interruption knocking on the door. "Don't try and lecture me on my choice of insult. It's not required to make sense in the context, or be correct in any fashion. I can use it as I like. Also, I wasn't talking to you. Thanks for playing." (OOC: Ten points if you can guess who I stole the end of that from :P)Izzy flat out laughed "Wow. Some strategist. As good as you're supposed to be, I would think you could make us win even despite that."Huffing agitatedly, Dana stomped over to the door, and yanked it open. "And what do you want?!"OOC: EDIT: Someone always posts a stop to the discussion right as I'm typing up a perfectly good reply... Curse you, Zyke! (I kid, I kid.)

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

OOC: No, he's not. He also drinks holy water when he gets parched and downs garlic bread by the loaf.IC: Jace (Brotherhood HQ)"One of you fine people wanna let me in?"-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Abraham"It can be used, yes. But not correctly." The mutant glanced at Israel, a trace of mild annoyance in his eyes. "I don't think you could do much better. Dealing with fools you would rather rush in wildly than fight with a brain is beyond difficult."Abraham stepped over to the door, and opened it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Jace (Brotherhood HQ)Jace stood there, leaning against the doorframe, biting down on his lower lip patiently and hands in his pockets. From where he stood, Abraham could see the slight bulge of a ring on his right hand, jutting out from his pocket. Jace's black eyes sparkled as though he were listening to an inside joke inside his head."What's up? I'm Jace."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Tactically speaking, yes it was a bad move. The fact is, Abraham is bored enough not to care. Besides, in his mind, if he opens the door and Jace is hostile, he can eliminate a few fools.IC: Abraham"Hello. Feel free to come in. I was just finishing a debate with a few fools."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Take it to the PM’s guy this I the most pointless argument that’s graced this thread yet. I agree with Zyke this is getting out of hand. It continues to happen I will start giving out first punishments to everyone involved.IC: NPC Colonel Johnson“I will call them off when you stand down.” He said.IC: UnbreakableJake stopped his momentum, sliding on the metal floor; he then whirled around sending a huge arm flying towards Alexander.IC: Quicksilver (Brotherhood HQ)Pietro rubbed his chin which wad dotted with white stubble he’d grown while locked away. He looked tired but determined at the same time. “This is troublesome news.” He said. “But I still have faith in our power… and our drive to bring down our enemy.” He said.Quicksilver slowly raised himself into the air, levitating himself using his father’s metal helmet. “Brother’s and sisters…” he said.“For too long have we been pushed to the ground by the X-Men and the Enforcers.” He said. “Today we take a stand.” He said. “All of us will go together, and work as a team to bring down the Enforcer tower.” He said.“It will be the biggest assault we have ever planned.” He said. “I have thought long on how to effectively commence this assault.” He said.“We can not walk up to the front door and attack, no we need to be more subtle. We enter through the sewers.” He said. “Destruction uses his powers to blast through the floor, weakening the supports of the building, and allowing us entrance inside. From there we move out, attacking every floor of the entire building till none or left standing.” He said.“Once this is done we bring the building down.” He said.“Besides nano-tech armor is still metal, they have nothing against my might.” He said.IC: Mimic (Weapon-X Facility)“Your lookin’ too hard in what I’m sayin’ sugar.” She said.“Why do you want to absorb his memories so badly Chris?” she asked him.IC: NPC Guard (Weapon-X Facility)The guard held Alec in his sights for a moment it would be easy for him to bring him down with his back turned, but then the bullets would go through Krystal too. He lowered his rifle, cursed to himself and then ran off to try to bring down Shadow.IC: Summer-flight“Ri-Ric?” she said seeing his projection behind her. She pulled herself close to him and rested her head on his shoulder. “God Ric… you have to help us.” She said tears falling from her eyes.IC: NPC Nicole (Mall)Nicole saw Black Cat walk by them and heard what she said. “Uh maybe your breath?” she said.

IC: Jace (Brotherhood HQ)"Agh, thank you," Jace sighed in relief, strolling into the room and tapping Abraham on his right pectoral as a guy would his wingman after he got his eyes on the girl he was looking for. "I was gonna freeze to death out there."He gave a knowing smirk and then leaned against the now-inanimate refrigerator once again, watching the argument."Oh, you can continue! I don't mean to interrupt what I'm sure must be a wonderful strategic setup here..."IC: Alaric (Tara's Mind)"Don't worry about it, girl. I'm working on it."-Teezy

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: Victory is yours, Teezy.IC: Dana scoffed "Yes, a debate you were doing oh so well in." shortly after, however, Dana frowned at the newcomer. At the very least, she could see that he was powerful. But his strength was not just physical. Unlike everyone else in the room, "Jace" or whoever this guy was had some degree of defense against her analysis. That was was troubling.Asura, however, was uninterested. As soon as Quicksilver mentioned "Assault", he was all ears for this new plan. He was slightly skeptical, though. And not entirely sure how he'd react if this plan fell through as well.

IC: AbrahamAbraham was silent as Quicksilver outlined his plan, nodding in some parts, but frowning at others. After he finished he stopped leaning on the counter and straightened to his ful height. "That sounds like a very good plan, Quicksilver.""But if you would permit me, I have a few suggestions I would make."

fK5oqYf.jpg