IC: LibertyNoel nodded, touching his shoulder gently. She opened the door to the building as they arrived at the tower. "I'm going to put you in your bed okay? You need to lay down for a while." She pressed the elevator button and stepped inside.When the two got to his loft, she stayed true to her word and room him into his room. "Maybe you should put on some sweatpants or something more comfortable.." She then grinned, invading Howard's closet.

OOC: Based on the way things have gone, I think it's safe to say that's non-XMDD canon now. :P

IC:"There were quite a few. In addition to the known species that no longer exist, there were quite a few fantastical creatures as well. I'll focus on the few that I am the most familiar with.""Notably in popular culture, there was the wendigo. The myths vary in the details, but it was often considered to be an eater of human flesh. Some legends actually imply that a human becomes a wendigo through cannibalism." The tall teenager steepled his fingers in thought. "More fondly remembered in the modern world were the thunderbirds. In fact, a rather famous car is named after them.""They were said to be quite powerful, capable of summoning storms when displeased. Among other abilities."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Ic:

Lynae casually approached a group of young men, adopting a drunken gait as she did so. She playfully wobbled and fell onto one of them men. "Oops!" She said stupidly, giggling as if she had been partying for way too long.

The young men, though, were as drunk as Lynae pretended to be, and they were painfully oblivious to Lynae's approach until the vampire collided with one of their number. They had been walking away from the police who had sent them in the opposite direction of the violence. They laughed and roared at the show of terrorism before, so predictably they scoffed at the minor occurrence of the girl's broken gait. "Heeeeeeeeeyyy, sexy ladayyyy~~~" one of them sang horribly as he danced the horsey next to the wobbling Lynae.

They laughed at that, too.

"Why don't cha come with us?" one of them asked of her. Birds of a feather flock together.

Nick nodded at Lynae before turning to Armin. There was some reservation in his eyes as he looked the older man up and down. The shifter shrugged, his arm turning back to its normal shape. "Lead the way."

"Come," Armin said as he stepped into the parking garage. It was warmer still within the concrete and metal structure. Many cars had been driven away as people fled the violence happening between it and the neighboring hotel, making the entire layout seem sparse and unaccommodating, but as Armin saw it the place was rife with opportunity with just enough cover if things got heated.

Policemen and their sniper teams had occupied some of the more choice locations to overlook the scene. Some signaled for him to stop and go away, but a flash of his Homeland Security badge put them into their place. "We're off duty, just having fun in the city, but this puts us in action," he explained quickly. "The lieutenant has us on a mission. Step aside, officers."

They complied both times they stopped him and he and Nick moved along. "Oh, and by the way, a woman will be coming up after us soon. Be sure to show her the way."

"You got it, sir," was the reply he got. So far, so good. In this chaos nobody questioned an important metal badge, so Armin and Nick were able to move to the top levels without delay.

IC [Luz/Alameda]"Yes, a fine vehicle, for those who wish to travel in such a method." A cloud briefly passed over the building. "Strange, don't you think, how we don't see these creatures anymore. Obviously the ancients knew of something that inspired them to make such tales, but yet... in the modern day we don't see them. Why do you think that is? Was it all simply a fantasy, some strange dream, or did perhaps the beasts of old decide that they could no longer survive under human influence?"

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Nick didn't ask questions. No reason to, no reason to make police suspicious. A look in the young man's eyes seemed to say that he has seen more combat than most of these police officers had seen in their lives despite his young age, so he wasn't bothered. He just followed his companion silently.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Jeffery Pryde - Las Vegas -
Several members of the SWAT team yelled out a warning at the approaching vehicle, pointing their weapons at it. When they realized they weren't going to stop they fired. To their shock and surprise the bullets did nothing to the vehicle and many of them leaped out of the way, expecting the car to crash through their blockade. Instead to their increased amazement the car simply when through the blockade, like a ghost.
"Don't slow down keep going!" Jeff warned Gabriel as they continued to drive, the lights in this section of the city appeared to be down, but the car's headlights were enough to see in front of them, plus the various fires that were burning wildly and out of control were giving them some light as well.
IC: Howard – Stark Tower -
"Hey don't make a mess in there!" He half-joked, he wasn't used to having someone else in his closet going through his clothes.
IC: Ashley - Starbucks -
Ashley's eyes widened as the topic changed to Thunderbirds, they sounded so cool. "Are Thunderbirds really beautiful? I bet they are! I'm adding meeting one to my bucket list!"
Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC [Luz/Alameda]Luz gave a start, looking at the hyperactive girl. "They were," she said, mostly by instinct. "Then the settlers came. The cities came. Now they're tarnished, rare, far from sight."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:It was the first question to give Alistair pause since he stepped into the cafe. He leaned back in his seat, cradling his chin with one hand, staring into the distance.Moments passed, before finally he spoke again. "It is hard to say. The heroes of myth and legend, assuming they existed, would obviously have ceased to exist by this time. But when we contemplate other beings, beings timeless by our standards, things become a bit different.""Thor proved that at least some myths are true. How many is hard to say. Through logic, we can assume that Norse mythology, at least, is largely true. At the very least based in truth. But the rest... It is a difficult call to make. Many tales refer to the ability of these beings to hide among us, whether in our own form, or as something we would never expect.""But that doesn't account for them all. If they ever existed, I think that some still exist, hiding. But it is likely that many perished as humanity grew too large. This particular theory would account for tales of dragon slayers."His mouth quirked in a half smile at his own comment, and paused."You say "they're". As in, the combination of "they are". Is there a reason for that?"

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Ic:

Lynae giggled and wiggled her behind against one of the men teasingly. "Heeeyy...! That sounds like fun!" She hiccuped and locked her arms around one of the men. "You... you should come with me real quick."

This party night from the campus was really getting to be more of an adventure than they expected, and for one of their number it could even be fatal. Oblivious to the danger the girl posed, the teased boy looked to his friends and they all hollered approvingly to him -- go on, they said, it'll be fun, they said. Send us a postcard when you're through, they said.

You might even get a bonus spot of honor in the fraternity the next day, they said, providing he lost his 18-year-old virginity.

"You bet!" the wide-eyed but drunk-out-of-his-mind blonde and blue-eyed preacher's son stammered, which was really good considering the fact that he was naturally shy, emboldened only by his friends' gusto and the liquid courage in his veins. "Take me wherever you want."

• • • •

"And here we are," Armin said from one of the top levels of the garage as they came close to the edge. Suddenly, a deft hand snatched Nick and pulled him back from the rail. "Whoa! They have assassins down there, snipers and mutants, maybe. Let's be cautious about this," he said and crouched down, then crawled to the rail for a better view.

His naked scalp and eyes were all that peered from the concrete as he looked into the pedestrian street, now littered with bodies and shiny shell casings that shimmered in the lights with the blood. "Hmm," Armin mused to himself as he surveyed the scene. "Wait -- civilian van coming up. God, don't tell me it's those kids I saw before..." he cursed in rhetoric, not realizing how true his comment rang.

IC [Luz/Alameda]"No reason in particular." Luz didn't stumble over her words. Her existence was not so much a closely guarded secret as it was an ignorant fact. "I think as you do, that they perished long ago, but still some remain. Hiding, waiting for the time when they can roam free once more." She settled back in her chair, the feathers of her cloak shifting to reflect in the sunlight.

voidstars.png

IC:

A pair of blue eyes flicked toward Luz's coat as she leaned back. His expression didn't change, but his mind instantly snapped to attention. He had conversations such as these relatively often, there were mythology enthusiasts across the globe. But in this one... Too many things lined up. The tone of the conversation, the behavior of the one opposite him...

"Indeed. Might I ask your name, Ms...?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

"That is a really nice cloak. Very pretty." She said in agreement with the strange man, reaching out with her hand in an attempt to feel it, it looked so soft and fluffy.

IC: Jeffery Pryde - Las Vegas -

"Just keep going straight..." Jeff said, noticing well enough the carnage just up ahead, it also meant the fiends responsible were coming up real fast....

THUD. An armed assailant had dropped from seemingly nowhere, landing in front of their pathway. What he didn't expect was Gabriel to actually hit him, he rolled over the car and landed on the ground, unconscious and probably more broken bones than one could count with their fingers. "Well, that's one way to take them out..." Up ahead were more of the criminals, who by now noticed the car and aimed their weapons at the two kids and fired.

Thankfully Jeff remembered to use his powers again, the bullets when through the car and them harmlessly. "Drive right through them! Gogogoogogogog!" He said hastily.

Edited by Snelly

IC [Luz/Alameda]"Luz Parker." She took a sip of her shake. "And might I ask yours?" When the young girl touched it she was given a static shock, not unlike that of socks rubbed against a carpet. "I'd suggest being careful feeling it," Luz warned softly.

Edited by Dr. Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

Ashley yelped in surprise from the static, but she continued to feel the cloak all the same. "Where'd you get it? It's very nice." Ashley asked, seemingly transfixed on the cloak with child-like wonder.

IC:"Alistair Martin." He replied, watching Ashley carefully out of he corner of his eye. The reaction to touch only served to increase his suspicions.Well. Perhaps this visit to Starbucks was more helpful than I'd originally thought it would be.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC [Luz/Alameda]Luz eyed the girl carefully, though she didn't stop her petting of the cloak, then turned to Alistair. She observed his face for a moment, frowning. "You're suspicious, contemplative of something. What is it?"

voidstars.png

IC: "Oh, nothing of immediate consequence, Ms. Parker." Alistair replied, his accent shining through slightly more than usual. A smile contorted the lower half of his face as he leaned in."Though I must ask. Are you what I suspect you are?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC [Luz/Alameda]"Define what, dear historian, and I can answer your question truthfully."OOCThe one liner, it buuuuuurns. But I'm on a tablet, I have my excuse.

voidstars.png

IC: "Well, to start with, what you're not. And if my hunch is correct, that would be human." Crossed arms, and an excited gleam in his eyes denoted the teenager's burning curiosity. "And if I am correct, I think you're the very topic of our previous discussion."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Spirit

Will went with the others to the blackbird.

IC: Silver Serpent

“It’s more then play-dough.” Susan said to Sarah. “It can take on the properties of stuff too, like steel or even play-dough.” Susan said as she changed the ball of biohesive into various substances. Then she said to Francesca. “Yes it is organic, in fact it can be used to heal as well.”

IC: Iron Bolt

Walter stood at the gates to the mansion and took a deep breath. ‘Well here it goes.’ He thought as he opened the gates and walked up to the door. He rapped the back of his talons on the door making loud noise.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC [Luz/Alameda]Luz simply reclined back, shrugging her shoulders. "And what would make you think that? Is my personality simply too... electric?" Internally she was more amused than anything else, that this mortal was going so boldly into things he didn't begin to comprehend.

voidstars.png

IC: "A variety of reasons. Individually, they would mean little. But combined is a different matter." The Englishman tapped his chin, as he organized his thoughts. "For one thing, your interest in the local mythology is greater than most. Alone, insignificant.""But in a similar vein, you discuss views that are very uncommon. And you discuss them with the ease of someone who does not simply subscribe to an uncommon belief, but of one who knows it is correct. Your cloak is another factor. Eccentric, but more importantly, feathers. Feathers that apparently conduct static electricity. That in and of itself is unusual.""But the third important factor," He leaned forward slightly, taking a sip of his drink. "Is more intuition than fact. There are forces in this world that simply exude power. Some mutants do it, they can be identified by an almost primal response simply when they are in close proximity. Only the most powerful of them, however.""But there are other forces. And they give off power in an entirely different way. It's been present since you walked into this building. It was there before, but I thought it was from one of our mutant friends here. But no. It's from you."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC [Luz/Alameda]Luz's hand brushed over her cloak, and in that moment her eyes flashed with the raw intensity of untamed lightning. Overheard the sky darkened slightly, the wind beginning to gust. For a brief second, almost like a ghostly after image, one could almost see an downturned beak on the woman's face."You're wise beyond your years, mortal." She said with a voice that spoke softly yet seemed to echo all the same.

voidstars.png

IC:

A brief silence, broken when Alistair snapped his fingers in what could best be called satisfaction. His grin widened, and he leaned back once more. "I think my parents would disagree with you on that count, Ms. Parker.""You're very existence proves a number of theories I've heard over the years, in addition to giving some extra weight to other legends' possible veracity.""Fascinating."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Nicole (San Fran, Starbucks)

"Well I can release these pheromones that can alter people's moods and make them more open to my suggestions," she said. "I have a new power but I'm not exactly sure what it does yet, my hands just seem to glow different colors sometimes." she said. She felt shy talking about her powers in front of a stranger and realized her hands were glowing yellow now. She turned and glanced with the woman when she heard her use the word mortal. "Seems you might not be the only immortal here."

OOC: Sadly I am going out of town tomorrow morning till probably noon Sunday. We are going camping so my only internet access with be my phone until it dies. I'm really sorry to have to put the X-Men/Vegas plot on hold till then. You can fight assassins if you want but no NPC bashing, these guys are mutants and other things and are meant to be tough. I'd also like it if a million people don't attack Harbinger while I'm gone as well. I'll try to post from my phone as long as I can.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC: Noting the end of the tumultuous trip of the Helicarrier, Siegfried nodded, satisfied. "It would seem our comrades have managed to bring everything under control once again." the Asgardian said to himself contentedly.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: LynaeLynae grabbed the boy's hand, still walking clumsily, and escorted him into a dark back alley. Once she knew that they were out of sight, she pushed him against the wall and pressed her plump lips against his. She ran her hands over his shoulders as they kissed. She needed to get him to believe everything was okay, that nothing was going to happen. IC: LibertyNoel giggled. "No promises!" She finally reached her sought target a few moments later, reemerging from the closet with the pants in her hand. "Do you need help getting into them?" She asked, sliding onto the foot of the bed.

IC [Luz/Alameda]

Luz paused, glancing at boy attempting to say he himself was immortal. "I am not 'effectively' immortal, boy. When I am of age my maker will come and bring me to his Citadel and I will move on from this world. Just because my life is that of a dozen mortals is not an scale for immortality." She turned back to Alistair. "Your ancestors could be correct in your wisdom, seeing as you have yet to run. If you truly know of my kind, then you would."

voidstars.png

IC:

Though his grin didn't fade, he subtly hooked the strap of his bag with one foot, pulling it a bit closer to him. With the the tension in the room, and most of the attention on Luz, it was doubtful that anyone would notice. "Well. I have several reasons for not running.""First, if you wanted me dead, I already would be. Of that I have no doubt. Since I am not a charred corpse, I have reason to believe that you have not yet decided to kill me.""Second, this is California. If I run, it's plastered all over the internet in ten minutes."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Morrison:

"Y'know, Thunderbird, I don't quite recommend calling me boy," Morrison replied, leaning back in his chair. "Also...are you implying that, at some point, you will, basically, die? Lucky. Inari doesn't quite like to let a kitsune go like that. It gets a little boring."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC [Luz/Alameda]

"Then you truly know less than you think." Luz looked back over at the creature talking to her. It was obvious that he was something like her, a supernatural being not entirely what met the eye. "I do not die, creature. Not in the mortal sense. When my time comes I will become one with the sky, become lightning itself. My spirit will roam free, able to join my creator and my ancestors. It is not death, it is rebirth."

voidstars.png

IC:

"Well, you see, it seems that way. But I'm not talking mythology or legends right now. I'm talking psychology. If you in fact wanted, or want, to kill me, there are a few possibilities. One, you could eliminate me where I stand right now. In the process, you would bring down the wrath of every mutant in this location. Of which, I am sure you noticed, there are many. Two, you take me out when I try to leave. As we will no longer be in a public place, you would have no fear of retaliation."By this point, the bag was within reach. "However, I think the third or fourth possibilities are most likely. The third is that you haven't yet decided whether or not you want to kill me. In which case, I must tread carefully. Fourth, you don't intend to kill me at all, and you are testing what my reaction would be to threatening behavior."His tone never changed, despite the thought processes running through his head. As she was in human form, Luz had the same telling signs of muscle movement as a human. As such, he could see major movements coming before they did. If she chose to use the powers she possessed, however, that would be another story.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC [Luz/Alameda]

The woman watched the boy carefully, her eyes flicking over to the bag for a moment. This was all mind games; she tried to pierce into him, and he retaliated. That was worthy of some measure of respect, and he certainly held his more primal of emotions in check. All of it boiled down to the simple fact that he would not be intimidated.

So she simply smiled, sipping more of her shake. "I suppose then, we won't become one with the world today."

voidstars.png

IC:

"Thankfully. If we did, I'd be terribly bored."

Aistair took a sip of his coffee to disguise the sudden exhale, and subsequent inhale. No matter how well he maintained his composure, that had been a tense situation. If things had gone any other way... It was difficult to say what might have happened. Absentmindedly, he picked up his cookie and took a bite.

fK5oqYf.jpg