What of the Bahrag?

CarkaJack

What do you think the Bahrag will do now that their destiny is complete?Personally, I think they'll rent out the Bohrok swarms for use in construction and whatever else. (Unless of course, the Bohrok are hard-wired to do nothing but clean Mata Nui's face up. In that case, I think they'll just go to sleep)Or, they could just do what they did to the Kal to all the other Bohrok and make them... less... dumb I guess.

2! The best thing ever!

I reckon the Matoran/Turaga/Toa will remember how the Bohrok helped the first time, and will be able to remove their krana and get them to help rebuild again. I don't think the Bahrag would have any say in such a decision. I've never been clear on the Bahrags level of understanding of the universe. Clearly they knew the importance of the Bohrok swarms and its purpose, but they didn't seem too aware of when it needed doing, and that when the Island of Mata Nui was inhabited, destroying it would be inappropriate. So there's no telling how they'll react to the swarms no longer being needed.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

They'll probably go to sleep with the rest of the swarms.
Well - are they even alive?
It's been confirmed that the Bahrag have migrated to Spherus Magna. What they will do there is unknown.
Well, in that case, they'll probably just chill on Spherus Magna and act like extremely smart Rahi/Wildlife.

It's been confirmed that the Bahrag have migrated to Spherus Magna. What they will do there is unknown.
My thery is the great being will use them to kill toa.

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

I doubt that. They work for the Great Spirit, not the GBs. Also, the Great Beings don't want to kill the Toa. They just made a failsafe that could kill the Toa in case they tried to take over, but since they didn't, they had no reason to release it. It got out by itself, though.

I doubt that. They work for the Great Spirit, not the GBs. Also, the Great Beings don't want to kill the Toa. They just made a failsafe that could kill the Toa in case they tried to take over, but since they didn't, they had no reason to release it. It got out by itself, though.
I think boston100 was referring to a specific Great Being, namely Velika. (I don't need to put that in spoiler tags anymore, but I think this following bit does need to be spoilered:)

Velika is also the one that's killing off powerful beings from the Matoran Universe, so I think it's likely the Bahrag would be among his targets, if he got the chance to kill them.

So I don't think he would use them or ally with them.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Since there's nothing to be cleared, they are probably either asleep, or just wandering around without a purpose.It'd be cool to bring the Bahrag back to the story though. They were the only "antagonists" who follows the virtues of Unity, Duty and DestinyAnd they have got awesome powers too, like all that Bohrok powers and the symbiosis...

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

I think boston100 was referring to a specific Great Being, namely Velika. (I don't need to put that in spoiler tags anymore, but I think this following bit does need to be spoilered:)

Velika is also the one that's killing off powerful beings from the Matoran Universe, so I think it's likely the Bahrag would be among his targets, if he got the chance to kill them.

I don't see why he would want to kill the Bahrag though.

Why did he kill Karzanhi? Why did he kill Tren Krom? They were threats to his power or his plan, whichever is his true motivation. The first step is rising to power or executing a good plan is eliminating or overcoming obstacles. If the Bahrag are an obstacle, they will be eliminated. Edited by fishers64

Exactly -- Velika is killing off special and powerful beings (we no longer need spoiler tags for this), and the Bahrag fit into that category, especially if they can still command the Bohrok. I wonder if Greg had them in mind as targets for future chapters.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I do think it makes sense he might use the Bahrag to destroy others first. A bit of a stretch, but they have the right "obsession with programming" attitude. But I presume he would have to be able to do a bit of reprogramming first. And then after he was done using them he would also destroy them, methinks.If, however, he couldn't reprogram them, then I don't think he could use them. Killing people was never part of their mission; even when they were Cleaning they would Krana-ify people rather than kill. He would have to get them to accept his reprogramming on the basis of his authority as a Great Being, which might be possible.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Why did he kill Karzanhi? Why did he kill Tren Krom? They were threats to his power or his plan, whichever is his true motivation. The first step is rising to power or executing a good plan is eliminating or overcoming obstacles. If the Bahrag are an obstacle, they will be eliminated.
That's the part I don't get. Why would the Bahrag be a threat?

Why did he kill Karzanhi? Why did he kill Tren Krom? They were threats to his power or his plan, whichever is his true motivation. The first step is rising to power or executing a good plan is eliminating or overcoming obstacles. If the Bahrag are an obstacle, they will be eliminated.
They have control over the elements of fire, water, ice, stone and earth, the powers of acid and telepathy, and the ability to become virtually invincible when right next to each other. Lots of power, but they don't really use it unless the swarms are threatened.-TN05

They have control over the elements of fire, water, ice, stone and earth, the powers of acid and telepathy, and the ability to become virtually invincible when right next to each other. Lots of power, but they don't really use it unless the swarms are threatened.-TN05
Basically this. Velika's plan might be a threat to the swarms somehow - it's possible.

I would suggest that the fact that you don't understand why Velika could see the Bahrag as a threat applies as well to the Toa Mata, many of the beings in the fortress, and maybe even to the villains he killed -- and that this is the whole point. It's a mystery what his motives are.But the one thing that seems certain is that he is systematically wiping out powerful beings. The Bahrag certainly qualify.We don't know why he wants to wipe out powerful beings -- that seems to be the important question right now.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

But the swarms are asleep, so they wouldn't use it on anyone, would they?

Actually, while the Bahrag are powerful beings like those Velika has targeted, they don't seem to have the same mental independence. They're very... programmed, is what I mean. But then again, Karzahni was insane when he was killed.Anyway, your original post, CarkaJack, made me imagine the Bahrag starting a business. What could the Bohrok be? Demolitions? Landscaping? That would work -- but don't use them as janitors unless you want the whole building leveled.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Just because they are asleep doesn't mean they can't be harmed. *pictures a wave of lava melting through a Bohrok canister wall*

Just because they are asleep doesn't mean they can't be harmed. *pictures a wave of lava melting through a Bohrok canister wall*
Yeah, I suppose I can see that. They don't pose an immediate threat, but they can easily become one. Edited by bonesiii
Excessive quoting removed. ^_^ -bones

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that would happen because the Bahrag are not Creatures that could interfere with the Gb's plan. They are Not powerful enough

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

I don't think that would happen because the Bahrag are not Creatures that could interfere with the Gb's plan. They are Not powerful enough
How do you know? They're extremely powerful, and we don't know what the plan is, so...And he lists beings like Helryx and the Toa Nuva as targets, doesn't he? They're more powerful than Toa.

I don't think the GB would kill them, as he's only been killing people who are acting unpredictably, or out of line. The Bahrag are pretty predicatble, and now that they don't have a purpose, they'll probably just end up as neutral Rahi type things.
But the Nuva are acting perfectly in line and he wants to ultimately kill them as well.-TN05

I don't think the GB would kill them, as he's only been killing people who are acting unpredictably, or out of line. The Bahrag are pretty predicatble, and now that they don't have a purpose, they'll probably just end up as neutral Rahi type things.
But the Nuva are acting perfectly in line and he wants to ultimately kill them as well.-TN05
That's... true. Huh. Good point. The only thing that was supporting that theory was a quote from Greg... didn't he say the GB was trying to kill "wild cards"? Doing "housecleaning"?

CgoezGg.png

Maybe they would like command the Bohrok to take apart the dead giant robot or something because they are supposed to clean things right like they were supposed to clear mata nui?
That's a great idea. The Matoran Universe inhabitants should try to get the Bohrok to help them scavenge the remains of their old world. They might have some trouble if they need to convince the Bahrag to order the Bohrok to do that, though, because the Bahrag seem very single-minded. They might not understand what's happened. And unless the GBs already had something planned for the Bahrag upon the end of Mata Nui's mission, I'd say that makes them a 'wild card'.

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

Not sure if they will get involved again, maybe. However in terms of someone using them, even I would apply some wisdom from H.P. Lovecraft "Do not conjure up what you cannot cast down". In this particular case, a swarm of Bohrok and even more deadly leaders is a bit much, I personally would rather then not be in my way or be in a position to be in my way, so rather then use them, I would have rather just gotten rid of them before they got too powerful. That is unless, Velika is so powerful that even at full power the Bahrag are useless, then again, I don't know if Velika is using devices or advanced tools to kill everyone or using some sort of raw power, or a mix of both.Either way I am just saying that I would rather get rid of them than try and using them only to have it create something of a set back.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I very much doubt that the Bahrag or the Bohrok swarms will really ever be of much importance ever again. Yes, they are powerful beings, but they are very narrow-minded. They did what they did then they shut up.Plus, plot-wise, we've already had the Bahrag and the swarms appear multiple times, 2002 and 2003 they were major/fairly major players. It would seem almost cruel to suddenly kill off two beings who have been silent for so long. Karzhani and whoever else he killed, they were both fairly active background characters, so it somehow made sense that they died. Not so much for two beings who, really, just sit on their backsides all day sleeping.