MythBusters

Chronicler06

Has anybody here watched MythBusters? It's definitely one of my favorite shows of all. Not just for the explosions (which are always awesome to see :lol: ), but also the science behind how they test each myth. What would you consider to be your favorite myth that has been tested?(I'm honestly surprised no one here has mentioned this show before.)

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

I love that series. Its one of the few shows I still watch on tv.As for my favorite myth. I dunno I think all of them are pretty good except of the hanging off a building by your fingers myth. I did not care for that in the least.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

I stopped watching it since access to a television went away (ie moved to college), and since the episodes weren't online there's not a whole lot I could do (Adam did actually come give a talk at my school, so at least I got that!). I do remember tuning in last year or so to see that Kari was replaced by some other co-host. I do hope that wasn't permanent.Anyway, yeah. I do like the show... I just wish I could actually watch it. My favorite episode is still 'Killer Tissue Box', although the Jaws special was pretty good, too.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

I have quite a few favorite myths: Border Slingshot, Confederate Rocket, the Demolition Derby Special, the Supersized Special, Fix a Flat Tire, and all three Duct Tape Specials (Duct Tape Island was the third one). Of the more recent episodes, my favorite would definitely have to be Square Wheels. :lol: No matter how many times I watch that one, I always get a good laugh out it. :superfunny:(Edit: just remembered a few more that I liked)

Edited by Chronicler06

If anyone is interested, there are currently new episodes be shown every Sunday at 8 pm (on Discovery here in the U.S.). In last week's episode, one of the myths tested was if a stone cannonball could do the same amount of damage as one made of metal, with the added advantage of being destroyed on impact and thus rendered incapable of being reused by the enemy. (And yes, it was during the filming of this myth when they accidentally shot a cannonball through someone's house. They even started the entire episode off with an apology because of this.)

So in other words, if the myth is true, Stone > Iron. Somebody go tell Storyline & Theories! :P

Edited by Flipz

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

If you really like MythBusters, and all of the explosions done on this show, then tonight's new episode is a must-see. "Explosions A to Z" highlights some of the best booms throughout the show's entire history. (According to the episode description on the Discovery website, there has been a total of 752 explosions over the course of the whole series to date.)

Since when has this topic existed? This show is amazing. Anybody have any favorite Mythbusters quotes? =P"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

"We're popping popcorn with lasers!""Am I missing an eyebrow?""When in doubt--C4!"And of course, my all-time favorite is Jamie's duck line (which, unfortunately, can't be posted here). :grin:

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

So many great ones...I also love these other ones:"We're making popcorn with lasers," Already has been mentioned, but it deserves a second mention just because of the way Tory says it. (Also, can never remember...is his name spelled with an i or a y?)"High explosives and electricity, woohoo!" - Kari"Listen to that baby BURN!" - Grant"Holy aircannons, Grantman!" - Tory"The Hyneman is currently looking for the dung of an elephant, a favorite hobby of the fairly reclusive Hyneman..." - Adam. Not sure if that's exactly it, but it's always awesome to hear when he does that. =P

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

"This reminds jamie of his days counting money for the mob.""What are you talking about? I was a hit man." :P--Adam and Jamie"It's ALIIIIIIIIVE!!"--Grant

• 4 weeks later...

I can remember a few funny quotes from the Square Wheels myth.

Adam: "It's a square... wheel! Those two words shouldn't go together."

Adam: *in a Scottish accent* "My family's been fitting square wheels for two centuries, now. No one's bought one, though."

Adam: *while jumping on the wheel to fit the tire on* "I want my square wheels!"

Jaimie: *while using a forklift to lower a 2000lb wrecking ball onto the wheel to fit the tire on* "This is like how the Egyptians do it."

Adam: *laughs* "Yeah, the Egyptians. Ye olde forklift?"

Oh, and here's another from an older episode.

Jaimie: "Our death ray doesn't seem to be working. I'm standing right in it, and I'm not dead yet.

By the way, I did a little research and found out that the very first episode of MythBusters (the JATO Rocket Car) aired back on January 23, 2003. That means the 10-year anniversary of this show is now just one month away. :)