Wait A Minute...

The Matoran of Voya Nui hadn't seen Toa before, so they were clueless as to their actual appearance. They didn't know any better. I'll get a source for this in a moment.

1) Because the Voya Nui Matoran had never met a Toa" data-date=" so how would they know all Toa of Water are female?[/b">
(Source) -SK Edited by Shadow Kurahk

Yes, the Matoran of Voya Nui couldn't possibly have seen a Toa in one thousand years. This is why it did not bother them that much that the Piraka did not wear Kanohi.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Well, wouldn't they know that all Ga-Matoran are female, and that Toa were once Matoran?

From 2001-2003 only eight people in the story knew that Matoran become Toa, six of which were Turaga and one a Makuta. Of course nearly everyone on Mata-Nui was suffering from amnesia, with only seven exceptions. Perhaps Balta and the gang didn't know that Vezok was male until it was too late?

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Well, wouldn't they know that all Ga-Matoran are female, and that Toa were once Matoran?

From 2001-2003 only eight people in the story knew that Matoran become Toa, six of which were Turaga and one a Makuta. Of course nearly everyone on Mata-Nui was suffering from amnesia, with only seven exceptions. Perhaps Balta and the gang didn't know that Vezok was male until it was too late?
The idea of a female Piraka is pretty disturbing.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

More than you know, the females of their race are more violent than the males.

"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

I did know that, but still, like, what would she look like? O.O

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

The spawn of Gorast and Charlie Sheen after going through a woodchipper.

The spawn of Gorast and Charlie Sheen after going through a woodchipper.
And I thought I was disturbed!I read somewhere that the females are bigger than the males.

Female Skakdi would most likely look like Males. I mean, Ga-matoran look like Po-matoran, and the colour is what distinguishes themIf i were a Mute Av-matoran, how would you tell the difference

If the movies are anything to go by, then male and female Toa look different: http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/File:Movie_Toa_Nuva_Pohatu_Gali_Tahu.pngI don't know about Skakdi, but I would think that if people can tell the difference between a male and female Makuta, then surely at least the voice would give Vezok away as male. It doesn't matter, though, since it has already been stated that the Voya Nui Matoran had never seen Toa before and thus didn't know what to expect. For all we know, they may have thought they were a separate race altogether.

As far as I know, there is absolutly no reference to Vezok ever declaring himself to be a Toa of Water. -Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

As far as I know, there is absolutly no reference to Vezok ever declaring himself to be a Toa of Water. -Tomdroidser

I think either the Piraka accepted these claims to be more accepted by the Matoran or already planned on calling themselves Toa. Either way, Vezok was called a Toa of Water at least once. Rivin

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

Reidak waited impatiently inside his canister. He had felt it wash up on the shore minutes ago. Zaktan had stated that Matoran would be sure to come investigate, and when they did, he was to open the canister and declare that he was the Toa of Earth.

Thereby proving that yes, the Piraka planned from the start to masquerade as Toa.

Dalu walked purposefully down the shore. Up ahead, Vezok sat cross-legged on the rocks, gazing up at a tall, skeletal tree. She hated to disturb him when he was apparently deep in meditation, but there were many things she needed to ask. As a Toa of Water, he would certainly have the inner strength and sense of balance to be able to help her.

This shows that even Dalu, a Ga-Matoran, believed Vezok was a Toa of Water.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

Considering how the Piraka were acting, that was probably the last thing the Matoran would have asked them about. "You and your friends really shouldn't go wandering around this dangerous island, asking strangers a lot of questions and worrying about things that don't concern you. You might get hurt."

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

Interesting... but Jovan and his team settled on Voya Nui. You would think they would tell the Matoran about the universe around them, not to mention that there must have been Toa on the Southern Continent at some point.

The Great Disruption was back when Voya Nui was still a Southern Continent region. After the Great Cataclysm, the Matoran there were isolated from Toa for a thousand years. I guess they forgot.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Yeah, now that I think about it, one of the Mahri Nui books talked about how the Matoran almost completely forgot about Voya Nui, and Mahri Nui only broke off a few hundred years before. I guess Matoran remember as much as humans. I mean, I'd forget stuff after a few hundred years.

The Mahritoran suffered amnesia due to the trauma of their fall. According to Greg, the Voyatoran never saw Jovan's team as Toa, for whatever reason.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

The Mahritoran suffered amnesia due to the trauma of their fall. According to Greg, the Voyatoran never saw Jovan's team as Toa, for whatever reason.

But as Turaga, they could have. Remember, the remaining members became Turaga and settled on the southern continent.

But as Turaga, they could have. Remember, the remaining members became Turaga and settled on the southern continent.
But Jovan was the only one on Voya Nui at the time of the Great Cataclysm, and he died during it.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

But Jovan was the only one on Voya Nui at the time of the Great Cataclysm, and he died during it.
Yes, but just because the other members of the team weren't on Voya Nui during the great cataclysm, doesn't mean they didn't live there for the other 40000 years or whatever.

Yes, but just because the other members of the team weren't on Voya Nui during the great cataclysm, doesn't mean they didn't live there for the other 40000 years or whatever.
Regardless, the Matoran did not see them as Toa and thus did not know what Toa look like.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

Maybe the Matoran just didn't care...

Lol, maybe. I still think they just forgot, especially after a millennium of complete isolation. Another thing to note is their desperation. In their situation, that is, trapped on a desolate island alone for centuries, they'd probably be willing to believe a lot of things.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

You people forget, In an alternate dimenstion Vezon travelled to Spherus Magna in the middle of an attack. A matoran/agori had asked him who he was "I am Vezon, Toa of Anarchy" and the response was immediatly along the lines of "good, go use your power to protect us". He proceeded to go off near a number of other Toa who didnt care, aswell as matoran.Matoran who had seen Toa most of their lives had no trouble believing a Skakdi was a ToaWhy cant Matoran who have never seen one before think the same thing?

axonn, trying to excape my signature

Untitled-2.gif

You people forget, In an alternate dimenstion Vezon travelled to Spherus Magna in the middle of an attack. A matoran/agori had asked him who he was "I am Vezon, Toa of Anarchy" and the response was immediatly along the lines of "good, go use your power to protect us". He proceeded to go off near a number of other Toa who didnt care, aswell as matoran.Matoran who had seen Toa most of their lives had no trouble believing a Skakdi was a ToaWhy cant Matoran who have never seen one before think the same thing?

I think the thing with Vezon was that he was wearing a mask. As for being a Toa of Anarchy, the other Toa probably thought it was a joke.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

But Vezon wasn't blue, and he didn't claim to be a Toa of Water. ;)

On the actual topic: Matoran are very forgetful. This is a result of poor planning of the story and subsequently confusing prequels that introduce things modern-day Matoran have no idea about. On Vezon: Do recall, Tarduk - an Agori who had only just been introduced to the MU - was the only one he said he was a Toa of Anarchy to. It's possible Tarduk didn't mention his supposed "element" to anyone else.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

On the actual topic: Matoran are very forgetful. This is a result of poor planning of the story and subsequently confusing prequels that introduce things modern-day Matoran have no idea about. On Vezon: Do recall, Tarduk - an Agori who had only just been introduced to the MU - was the only one he said he was a Toa of Anarchy to. It's possible Tarduk didn't mention his supposed "element" to anyone else.

Even in the first year people forget things just as they learned them, the Toa and Takua suffered amnesia, and it was Takua's third time(Order scattering Av-Matoran, Great Cataclysm, summoning Toa) The only two people in the Matoran Universe who didn't forget what was Mata-Nui was Mata-Nui himself, a Tren Krom. Clearly the glitch that made the MU natives intelligent damages their memory storage abilities. Well that Tarduk was in a different universe, one where Toa had been there for some time; long enough to be accepted and not feared. Really Tarduk should have figured that one out.