IC (Alucia)

It was fairly clear that the reference had gone straight over Alucia's head. "I'm afraid I do not understand the...material you are referencing. Who is Sherlock Holmes and why, exactly, would I decide it would be to my benefit to force your head through a tree trunk due to a joke? That does not seem...." Alucia trailed off for a moment. "Ah. I see. You are trying to cheer me up. Thank you."

IC (Renamon)

Renamon nodded. "Then follow me. Be prepared to duck." Renamon picked up speed, not enough to be called a run but it was certainly a fast walk and headed torwards a thick knot of trees and vines. "Try to avoid disrupting the vines. The patrols will be looking for things like that."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"It was an attempt to cheer you up, and the joke within a joke was that any joke I made would probably cause you to want to put my head through a tree. And Reichenbach falls was the setting of one of the more well known stories of SHerlock Holmes. Holmes was an extraordinary detective, and had earned himself an equally formidable enemy, Moriarty."

"So, the story goes that Moriarty got Holmes up on top of the falls alone, and tried to force him over the edge. When Holmes' assistant showed up later, it was evident that both men had toppled over." He paused, grinning slightly. "In actuality, Holmes knocked Moriarty over, faked his own death, and returned about two years later after spending those years abroad."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC - Leone: "I'm fine right now." Leone said in his usual tone of voice as he turned back towards Alana. He walked over to Alexander and Alucia, hoping a little conversation would keep him preoccupied. He walked over to Alucia and Alexander. Rey rested beside Guilmon, keeping one eye open for any possible enemies.

"Alucia, could it be possible that there are humans who are actively working against us?" Leone asked gravely. He subconsciously gripped his pendant as he did so.

Edited by Nebula 2.0

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC - Minotarumon - Tomb Entrance: Surprisingly, Minotarumon seemed to take the bullet wounds it received in stride, using its mechanical arm to cover its face. When the volley of shots subsided, it growled, snarling as it turned and charged toward Sentrymon.

"Demon Arm!" the minotaur shouted. Shadows engulfed its claw as it thrust its fist forward, aiming to slam Sentrymon into the wall with remarkable force...

IC - Sasha Coleman/Draco - Mechan City: Sasha smiled at the destruction of three more of the Tankmon, impressed with the Commandramon's ingenuity. That left... five more? Roughly speaking, anyway. Draco had taken advantage of the debris, using his Tail Smash attack to finish off two more of the tank-like Digimon, leaving the others to stare uncertainly at their opponents.

Pulling out her Digivice, the girl smirked, holding it up for the Tankmon to see. At the realization that they were fighting a certified Digidestined--two, from the looks of it--and as they finally understood the casualties of their battle, the group turned and began fully retreating, halfheartedly firing more shots behind them. Sasha swept his bangs behind her ear, nodding at Draco as he returned.

"Excellent work," she said, before turning to the MetalKabuterimon. "Same to you... although I can't say the same for your partner."

OOC: Apologies for slowness in responding. ^-^;

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC - Adelheid: The dust settled as the Tankmon retreated from the battlefield. The young tamer climbed out of the rubble left by their trap and helped #108 climb up. He pulled his goggles off, which were now covered in a thin layer of dust. He smiled as the Commandramon didn't seem hurt too bad by the battle.

It took a few minute for the pair to meet up with the other participants from the battle. Soldier #108 ran in front with his weapon drawn in case of anymore hostiles while his "Captain" walked behind him with a cheerful smile.

"Is everyone alright here? We were passing by when we heard the Tankmon attacking." The androgynous boy asked as he looked over to the three Digimon first. Perhaps what drew their attention to him the most was his perfectly symmetrical face. It almost looked unnatural, but gave him a strange sort of charm.

#108 cautiously held his rifle. He kept an aura of stoicism about him as he stood at the boy's side. He eyed the MetalKabuterimon and then the Dracomon. The Commandramon almost seemed shocked when he realized that the thing on top of Clank's head was another Digimon but deemed it harmless.

Edited by Nebula 2.0

IC: Ratchet and Clank"Yeah... Ratchet isn't one for battles," Clank said, "Sorry ma'am," Clank said The two Digimon turned and saw another human and another Digimon partner. MetalKabuterimon was at the moment confused, "Wait, two of ya are here? Where are da others?"IC: ZacSentrymon shoved his hands out and tried to stop the fist. All he accomplished was slowing down the inevitable, as he felt himself inbetween a broken wall and a metal fist. He tried his best to push it back, trying to have enough room to pull out his 'launcher."Bonzah!" Zac exclaimed as he jumped onto Minotarumon's back, trying to help out his partner, "Zac get off! I'm the one who has to protect you!" Sentrymon said as he continued to try to move the arm,"We are partners and we are in this together!" Zac said

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC - Adelheid: The young man scratched his cheek absentmindedly as he looked around and surveyed the damage from the battle. Solder #108 scratched his head sheepishly, realizing that he had miscounted the hoard of Tankmon and only assumed that 6 had been part of the horde.

"Well, I guess it only took two of us to take on those Tankmon." The "Captain" said as he slipped his Digivice back into a pocket in his hoodie.

IC: Benjamin Grimpen/Veemon [Dawning Village]

Ben shouted, "Valarian, use Vee Punch!' Valarian swung his fist into the Elecmon, defeating it. Valarian came over and Ben said, "Good job. Where do you think we should go?" Valarian said, "How about Mechan City?" Ben nodded, and responded, "How will we get there?" Veemon said, "How about we get a ride on one of the Aquilamon that go there?"

Minutes later, the duo were holding onto the back of an Aquilamon, who had offered to take them to Mechan City, as he was conveniently going there as well. Valarian looked scared, occasionally glancing down and looking back up. Ben said, "Valarian, are you scared of heights?" Valarian slowly nodded.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC (Alucia)

"So you would fake your own death and then return at a later point in time? Rather ruins the point doesn't it?" Alucia paused as another one of the destined asked her a question. Then she shrugged. "It is possible. Though they would have to be insane to ally themselves with the corruption. It consumes everything in the end. They will be no exception."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:"It would only ruin the point if one returned unprepared." Alexander observed, shrugging slightly. And glancing briefly at Leone, before looking back to Alucia. "Which, I would be sure not to do. Though I rather hope never to have to test that theory."

IC:

Alana nodded, taking off in pursuit, and moving carefully through the underbrush. She kept pace relatively easily, staying just a stride or two behind her partner.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Alucia)

"You have nothing to fear from me." Alucia sighed. She'd been a force once, the lady of a castle. She had decided the fate of nations and now...well, her current state spoke for itself. "Not anymore at any rate. If you were going to reveal my secrets, you would have done so already. I suppose that means you can be trusted. Interesting."

IC (Alucia)

"I was in politics. The correct answer to your question is both." Alucia let out a quick laugh. She was joking....but not near as much as she would have liked. The vampire-like Digimon turned her gaze to Alexander for a moment, trying to read his expression. "You deduced my intentions relatively quickly when we first meant...but you did not reveal them. You knew the results of a such an action. You are certain you are not a leader amongst your kind?"

Edited by Basilisk

IC - Sasha Coleman/Draco - Mechan City: "Who even cares?" Sasha asked. "If the other Digidestined are smart, they'll be off gathering their own strength. Like me. No need for us all to stick together." She adjusted her bangs again, and then looked at Adelheid, holding out a hand. "Regardless, excellent work out there. My name's Sasha."

IC - Minotarumon - Tombs: The Minotarumon growled, reaching over its shoulder and grabbing Zac's arm. Yanking him forward, the Nightmare Soldier snarled at the human before tossing him at Sentrymon, charging after him and leaping into the air.

"Earthquake Drill!" Minotarumon's mechanical arm whirred as it began to spin again, aiming to slam his fist into Zac and Sentrymon...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC - Adelheid: "I believe my name was Adelheid Koenig. You can just call me Del though." The young man said as he took a second to remember his own name. He looked over to 108 momentarily. The Commandramon nodded discreetly before looking over to the girl and watching her movements carefully.

"And he goes by Soldier #108. Don't worry, he's always acting like this." Adelheid said as 108 remained perfectly stoic and stood at attention.

IC: ZacSentrymon tossed his partner aside and dodged to the left. He quickly pulled out. His magnums and sent a barrage of bullets at the Minotarumon,"That was too close for comfort!" Zac saidIC: Ratchet and Clank"I'm Clank, and da little guy is Ratchet," Clank said, introducing himself and Ratchet the Terriermon.

Edited by Zacax: The Gunsmith

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC:Alana's footsteps carried her through the forest, each one as quiet as the last. But even as her senses remained alert, her thoughts were elsewhere. What are you doing here, Alana? You've been here for.... You don't even know how long, do you?- and you still haven't even spent a moment trying to find a way home.

You don't even know these people, or these creatures. Your partner's concerns stretch mostly as far as keeping you alive, so se can accomplish her goals.

So why are you still trying to help?

IC:

Idly, Alex reached into his backpack, feeling around within it. Sleeping bag... Pocket knife, beef jerky... Change of clothes... Coat... Solar charger... Seemed like an awful lot of stuff at first, but now I'm starting to realize how little it is. Well, at least I have my iPod.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC - Sasha Coleman/Draco - Mechan City: He 'believes' his name is...? What's that supposed to mean? For her part, Sasha merely nodded. "A pleasure to meet the two of you," she said. With a short gesture to her partner, "This is Draco. Don't be surprised if he gets on your nerves."

"Hey, that's not nice," the Dracomon said. He stepped forward, rubbing his chin as he observed the Commandramon. Looking behind the soldier, Draco suddenly gasped, pointing at thin air. "Whoa, watch out behind you, bro!"

IC - Minotarumon - Tombs: Bullets cut against Minotarumon's hide, sending shards of data flying into the air as the damage piled up on the Nightmare Soldier's body. One shot struck the Digimon's eye, blinding him and causing him to scream in anger. Raising his fist, he prepared another Demon Arm attack, though was struck by Veemon and knocked off balance and into another onslaught from Sentrymon.

With a pained yell, the Minotarumon disintegrated into data.

OOC: Would've kept that going a bit longer, but I feel like I'm holding things up, so... yeah.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: Its fine.IC: ZacZac breathed in heavily, getting back into his feet while Sentrymon dedigivolved, "Where the heck did THAT come from?" Zac asked, looking around, "Madame Hecate, are there any those things here in the ruins?"

IC:

From the shadows of the tomb, two pairs of eyes watched with interest. Minotarumon put up a decent fight, but what was most intriguing was the method used to digivolve. It was a savage beast, clearly intent on destroying the digidestined, which indicated that an artificial fixation had been imposed upon it.

Their fighting strength is... Decent. One of the Digimon present has achieved Champion, the other is a mere Rookie. The one to the far left is an Ultimate. By far the biggest threat. The other two are easily dealt with.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC - Adelheid: Soldier #108 immediately turned 180 degrees and jabbed the butt of his rifle into thin air. There was a brief look of surprise on his face before he turned back towards the Dracomon. He growled at the dragon-like digimon before resuming his previous position.

"They seem to be getting along fine. You mentioned "Digidestined" before. What are those?" Adelheid said with a slight chuckle. He looked over to Ratchet and Clank and smiled.

"It's nice to meet you two as well. Although, this doesn't seem like a safe place."

IC: Ratchet and Clank"Really? I thought dis was where I could get candy," Clank said sarcastically,IC: Bo and AbiSeeing the battle was over, the two came back.

IC - Dallas Leaven/F.B. - Tombs: "Taken down already?" F.B. said, surprised as Minotarumon's monitor disappeared from Dallas's laptop screen. "That was quick..."

"Indeed," the boy said, shutting down the system and replacing it in his bag. "To be fair, I never expected him to do much damage--that Gotsumon didn't look entirely healthy to begin with. But now I have another tool at my disposal, to be used if things don't go well." He smiled. "Come on, F.B.--time to leave."

IC - Sasha Coleman/Draco - Mechan City: As Dracomon fell over in a fit of laughter, Sasha cocked her head slightly, continuing to stare at Adel. Seriously? "Digidestined," she said. "Are people like you and me--people with Digimon partners and Digivices." She held up her own device. "Supposedly we're meant to work together and take out the corrupting influence in this world, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Hasn't 108 explained all of this to you by now?"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: ZacZac turned and saw that Bo and Abigail had returned, their partners beside them,"I really hope there aren't more of them..." Zac said

Edited by Zacax: The Gunsmith

IC - Adelheid: 108 shook his head. "Negative, Miss. I didn't believe my Captain was chosen for anything. Rather, he's here to guide and train me. The Corruption has already taken hold of the Digiworld and I don't think an old legend is going to stop it." The Commandramon's tone was grim and his eyes seemed to convey a familiarity with the Corruption.

"Digidestined... Digivice... How many words actually start with Digi? And how can you eat candy if you don't have a mouth?" Adelheid said with a smile on his face as he turned to Clank. He didn't seem to understand sarcasm, let alone just how dangerous it was to stay in this area.

Edited by Nebula 2.0

IC: Benjamin Grimpen/Veemon [Mecha City]Ben and Valarian hopped off the Aquilamon, and thanked him for taking them to Mecha City. Valarian looked about and said, "Where are we going to go first? This is Mecha City!" Ben said, "Maybe we could go to a gym." Valarian said, "All right!" IC: Coredramon [ubi Forest]Coredramon ran through the forest, downing trees. It smashed trees to the side, and roared. It could talk and was completely sapient, but also somewhat insane. It liked to act bestial to scare, and partially confuse it's enemies. The giant green dragon looked around for something that wasn't infected by the Virus. It spotted what it was looking for. A Gargomon, fighting for its life. Perfect. Coredramon ran close to the Gargomon, and started of with a Strike Bomber, slamming it's tail into the dog-like Digimon, laughing manically as it did so. He then reared up, and used Green Flare Breath on the Gargomon. The Digicore was exposed. Coredramon used G Shurunen II to attack the core directly and finish off the poor digimon. The Gargomon was turned into data, which reformed into an egg. Coredramon picked up the egg, and infected it with the Virus. He started to smile. IC: Jack Storm/Vulpmon [Frostbyte Mountains]Jack and his fox like Digimon sat in the small lodge in the incredibly cold mountains. Jack leaned up closet to the fire, which Vulpmon was tending with it's Spark Breaths. Jack looked around and said, "Why did we have to get assigned to watch out here?" Vulpmon said, "We need to protect every region against the Virus Empire, Jack. All of them."

OOC:

I believe that there are some people at these areas/heading towards them.

Edited by Canis Lupus

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

IC: Tankmon and TroopmonIn an instant, when Ben and Veemon came, a bunch of Tankmon and Troopmon came out of no where and surrounded the two, aiming their firearms at the two.

OOC:

I didn't break any rules, did I? Because several Champion and whatever rank Troopmon is versus one Rookie seems a bit like a punishment for something. Also, will I get to evolve Veemon in this battle?

IC: Benjamin Grimpen/Veemon [Mecha City]

Valarian jumped into the air and said, "Hopping Kick!" His foot landed in one of the Troopmon, and he yelled, "Vee Punch!" He started to sing his arms, hitting the Tankmon and Troopmon. One of the Tankmon rolled around and started to aim its arms. Out of the barrels came bullets, which collided with Valarian. Troopmon started to come up behind Valarian and attacked him.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: No, I had Parugi and Nebula fight a horde of Tankmon. Mechan City is corrupt so make like Ezio or Snake and run in shadows. And you can only evolve Veemon when you are in danger, so wait a few posts them you can evolve. But please don't control the Tankmon and Troopmon.IC: Tankmon and TroopmonThe Troopmon fell down to their backs, and one do the Tankmon went reverse. The remaining Troopmon began to fire away at Veemon.

OOC:

With the evolving thing, if I don't run, it will be very dangerous for my character.

IC: Benjamin Grimpen/Veemon [Mechan City]

Ben yelled, "Valarian! Let's go!" Valarian looked at the Tankmon and Troopmon, and followed Ben into a dark alleyway. Ben said, "I think we might have lost them." Valarian nodded, and said, "Maybe. They did see us run, so they might follow us."

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

OOC: Im not gonna kill you......yetIC: Tankmon and Troopmon"Where'd they go?!" A Tankmon asked,"Search the streets, the boss said no humans are allowed here, and all Digimon corrupt!" Another said, "All the Troopmon check the west street, Tankmon, the east,"

IC - Sasha Coleman/Draco - Mechan City: Draco smiled, crossing his arms and nodding in approval of 108's words. "Heh, you said it."

"Well, to each their own," Sasha said, mirroring Dracomon's stance. "Who knows--maybe only one person will be required..." She smiled at the thought. "Regardless, let's move into that building--we can discuss this further once we're out of sight." Adjusting her scarf, Sasha began walking toward what appeared to be an abandoned shop of some kind, carefully pushing open the door and stepping inside, Draco following behind her...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC - Adelheid: The young man followed while whistling nonchalantly. He took one last peek around as he followed the other Digidestined. Soldier #108 suspicions grew every minute. He engaged the safety on his rifle and walked in front of Adelheid.

"Why were you in Mechan City in the first place? This area has been completely corrupted for some time now and any rational Digimon has already evacuated." The Commandramon asked as he continually glanced around for any possible signs of a trap or an ambush.

IC - Sasha Coleman/Draco - Mechan City: "I could ask you the same question," Sasha pointed out, taking a seat on the checkout counter. "I came here to train. With no uncorrupted Digimon left here, I see no reason why I can't use those that are as a way to increase my own partner's fighting prowess. Heck, eventually I might even discover how to get Draco to Mega form--but I suppose that's for the future. What's your excuse?"

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC - Adelheid: "My Captain wishes to explore the Digital World. He believes it will return his lost memories." #108 said as he walked outside. He planted a DCD Bomb several feet from the entrance to the shop and carefully hid it with nearby rubble. The soldier walked back inside, cautiously glancing back at inconspicuous trap he had planted.

"When I woke up, I couldn't remember a single thing. Not even my name! When #108 found me he only remembered my name." Adelheid said cheerfully. The young man looked around the abandoned shop's floor. He took a seat by Sasha and looked around. Any items that still remained were branded with Digicode and the cash register, or at least a machine that resembled one, was looted and broken.

IC: Bryce Cliff

"Eggs, milk, butternut squash..." The sandy-haired teen read the list aloud as he walked down the street. It was late in the evening, so he could only read off a few items at a time whenever he passed under a street light.

"How on earth did Mom forget the milk?" the young girl by his side asked with a sigh. "I was complaining to her all morning that I couldn't eat my cereal because we were out of milk."

"The world doesn't revolve around you, Marie," the boy said with a slight chuckle. "Mom's had a busy day; you can't blame her for forgetting about it by the time she made it to the store this afternoon."

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Marie shrugged. The two siblings walked in silence for a bit. "Hey, Bryce, are we going to get something for Mom while we're out?" Their mother's birthday was in a few days, and neither of them had bought her anything yet.

"Of course," Bryce smiled, glancing down at his sister. "I've been saving up to get her a necklace from the jeweler's, but I thought tonight we could pick up a box of chocolates or something. And the night before her birthday, we should get her some flowers."

"Oh, that'll be so lovely!" Marie grinned, barely able to contain her excitement.

The two arrived at a crosswalk and Bryce glanced back down at the grocery list as they waited for the light to change. "Let's see... butternut squash, lettuce... Mom really forgot a lot, didn't she?"

"Bryce, I think there's something wrong with the lights," Marie said.

The teen looked up from his list to see that the crosswalk sign had somehow glitched -- various segments of the digital display were lighting up sporadically. The stoplights were also freaking out as the red, yellow, and green lights blinked in a seemingly random pattern. "What in the world...?"

"Bryce, look out!" Marie shoved her brother to the ground as a ghostly hand tried to grab him.

Bryce looked up in horror as the thing that had tried to attack him grabbed Marie instead. It looked like a ghost, except its skin (if you could call it that) was white and flowing, although ragged at the edges, like a torn sheet of cloth. It had a gaping maw full of sharp teeth. But the most disturbing feature was the creature's black, soulless eyes. If its skin was a ripped sheet, then its eyes were empty holes, and Bryce felt like he was staring into a void.

As the ghost drifted off with his sister in tow, Bryce finally regained his senses. "Marie!" he screamed, scrambling to his feet and chasing after the creature. The ghost flew down the street tirelessly, ignoring Marie's kicking and screaming. Bryce ran as fast as he could. He was slowly catching up to the ghost, but he knew that he couldn't keep up this pace forever.

The ghost turned down a narrow alley and easily floated over a chain fence. "You're not getting away that easily," Bryce muttered, continuing to run at full speed. He jumped onto a trashcan to propel himself over the fence. He landed hard on the other side and had to take a second to catch his breath before chasing after the ghost once more.

The ghost reached the street at the other end and fled into an adjacent alley. Bryce turned the corner just in time to see the creature and his sister vanish into a portal. The teen didn't have time to think. The portal was rapidly closing, and he knew what he had to do. Not dropping his pace, Bryce ran at the portal in full force and dove in.

"MARIE!"

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

IC:

Idly, Alex grabbed the last item from his bag, a classic iPod, will the highest capacity available. He slid one earbud into his left ear, the one he didn't rely on so much, and hit play. He couldn't quite remember what song he'd last been listening to, but he was quickly reminded when it picked up where it left off.

Once I rose above the noise and confusion

Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion.

I was soaring ever higher

But I flew too high.

.... This thing has an almost supernatural ability to play songs more appropriate than I would like to admit.

fK5oqYf.jpg