Best and Worst mask designs

Taipu1

There are too many best masks. Some of my favorites are the original six masks, the Toa Metru masks, Kakama Nuva, Akaku Nuva, Faxon, Tryna, Toa Phantoka masks, Hau Mistika, Pakari Mistika, Ignika, Avohkii, Gresh helmet, Ackar helmet, Strakk helmet, Hydraxon helmet, and a bunch of others

My least favorites include the 2001 Turaga masks, Hau Nuva, Calix, Elda, Zaath, Kaukau Mistika, Noble Jutlin, Noble Avsa, Skrall helmet, Malum helmet, Atakus helmet, and maybe a few more.

On a side note, was the Olmak inspired by the face of Avak prototype? they look very similar.

• 2 weeks later...

The best were the original Toa Nuva masks. They took a while to grow on me, but when I did I really liked them and that's how I identified with those characters for all those years until they got remade for the Karda Nui storyline.

The worst has to be either the Mistka Nuva masks or some of the Inika masks. They looked good for what the designers intended, an organic feel. But I felt that the organic rubbery texture on the masks didn't make sense with the electric theme the Inika had.

sb1.png

Thanks to Argetlam for the Banner

the Inika masks were by far the worst--i understand the reasoning behind the attachment they used, but they don't lend themselves well to MOCing.

the best were probably the 2001 masks. they were detailed, but not too complex, and all unique.

The worst is easy: Garai. It is ugly in all possible ways.

The best is more difficult. I think the old masks from 2001 all had very unique, thoroughly thought designs.

I'm gonna settle with the Kaukau, because it's transparent and shiny it has a feeling to it other masks lack. It was the only Kanohi designed on a computer, maybe that is the difference?

Same here, man. Kaukau was one of the best! Thought I also think I lot of the first masks were the best such as the Miru, Hau, and the Ko-Koro's Trauga's mask etc. I do agree, the Garai wasn't even mask, it was just parts that you added to the head.

On a side note, was the Olmak inspired by the face of Avak prototype? they look very similar.

Could be, his face does look very similar to the Olmak. It could be,you never know.

Edited by Heehvan

Idk guys...I think the original Hau, while aesthetically appealing on most MOC's, I feel it doesn't have enough appeal as a standalone. IMO the Bionicle mask truly evolved with the coming of the Avohkii, since it was the first to include the mouth pin as the connection point rather than the knob connection. Plus, everything post-04 seems to look better on MOC's with more detail, again, IMO.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

The best masks were the Inika in general, but the Elda is definitely the best. You just gotta love Hahli with a mustache.

The worst is the Hau. Its just the ugliest mask ever. The Ignika comes in at a close second, with the Miru right behind it. They make me cringe.

Oh wait, its not opposite day. :o

:D

Bliss.png