Toa of green potential nova blast

FLOWERS. FLOWERS EVERYWHERE.

And now cacti, too, apparently. :P

I think you are forgetting the deadly, man-eating, carnivorous plants here.

That is, assuming that cacti and carnivorous plants exist in Bio nicle. After all, if they don't exist, it is unlikely that a Toa of the Green would make them.

And Matoran-eating carnivorous plants would be 100% against the the Toa Code. Probably wouldn't appear in a Nova Blast, even.

Edited by fishers64

That is, assuming that cacti and carnivorous plants exist in Bio nicle. After all, if they don't exist, it is unlikely that a Toa of the Green would make them. And Matoran-eating carnivorous plants would be 100% against the the Toa Code. Probably wouldn't appear in a Nova Blast, even.

The Toa Code was gradually developed over time by the Toa themselves, while the Nova Blasts were a feature designed by the Great Being even before the Toa, Matoran, Makuta, and everyone else gained sentience, so unless they went out of their way to check out the future (in which case, if they did that they'd probably have done a lot of things differently), they wouldn't have accounted for the not-yet-existing Toa Code when designing the Toa.

iquXD5X.png

That is, assuming that cacti and carnivorous plants exist in Bio nicle. After all, if they don't exist, it is unlikely that a Toa of the Green would make them. And Matoran-eating carnivorous plants would be 100% against the the Toa Code. Probably wouldn't appear in a Nova Blast, even.

The Toa Code was gradually developed over time by the Toa themselves, while the Nova Blasts were a feature designed by the Great Being even before the Toa, Matoran, Makuta, and everyone else gained sentience, so unless they went out of their way to check out the future (in which case, if they did that they'd probably have done a lot of things differently), they wouldn't have accounted for the not-yet-existing Toa Code when designing the Toa.

Yes, but even the Great Beings wouldn't want the Toa of Plants senselessly killing off the Matoran with carnivorous plants, seeing the Matoran are key to Mata Nui's operation.

Also, I'm sort of assuming that Toa of Plants have control over what plants are made with their blast. This might not be the case, and if so, the randomness of the plants formed by the blast might preclude a blast entirely composed of carnivorous plants, cacti, or flowers.

Yes, but even the Great Beings wouldn't want the Toa of Plants senselessly killing off the Matoran with carnivorous plants, seeing the Matoran are key to Mata Nui's operation.

The Great Being already gave the Toa powers which they could use to barbecue innocent Matoran, or freezify them, or crush them, etc. etc. so they probably wouldn't have minded adding another item to that list. Also, they had designed multiple failsafes for if the Toa were to malfunction or go rogue, both inside and outside the MU, so if necessary a rogue Toa could just be stopped in his track of senseless Matoran-slaughter.

Also, I'm sort of assuming that Toa of Plants have control over what plants are made with their blast. This might not be the case, and if so, the randomness of the plants formed by the blast might preclude a blast entirely composed of carnivorous plants, cacti, or flowers.

Randomization wouldn't really stop a homogeneous collection of plants being produced, though.Technically, you could even roll a dice every single minute of your waking life, and roll a six every single time. It would be most unlikely, but still possible.Let's just say the Nova Blasts creates 200 giant plants, consisting out of a random selection from 2500 species. (Of course, there are way more species of plants in real life, but the MU was entirely designed, so I'm estimating the amount of plant-species created by the Great Beings and the Makute at roughly 2.5 thousand)So, for every plant occurring, it has a chance of 1/2500 to be one specific species. Therefore, the chance that all the plants spawned by the Nova Blast would be of that one species, would be (1/2500)^200, which is near-zero.However, this is about 'a blast entirely composed of carnivorous plants, cacti, or flowers', and on Earth, flowering plants form between 80% to 90% of all plants, so we'll be using those numbers here as well.Therefore, 2000 out of our 2500 species of plants are flowering plants, and the chance for any individual plant spawned by the Nova Blast would be (0.80*2500)/2500 = 2000/2500, AKA 20/25, or just 80% or making the chance of all plants spawned by the Nova Blast being flowering plants be (2000/2500)^200 = 0.8^200 = 4.1495156*10^-20, which, while still being unlikely, is already a lot more than the (1/2500)^200 chance of them all being a single species.

iquXD5X.png

... I think that the math is a leeetle bit unnecessary. :lol:Seriously, they'd probably just end up creating a lot of whatever type of plant they were thinking of creating. Similar to how a Matoran turns into their reasonable idea of a Toa, I think a nova blast (within reason) would manifest itself however they thought it would, or what the Toa wanted to do with the blast. For example, Gali's was perfect for leveling Karzahni because that's what she intended the nova blast to do. (If that made any sense...)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

The Great Being already gave the Toa powers which they could use to barbecue innocent Matoran, or freezify them, or crush them, etc. etc. so they probably wouldn't have minded adding another item to that list. Also, they had designed multiple failsafes for if the Toa were to malfunction or go rogue, both inside and outside the MU, so if necessary a rogue Toa could just be stopped in his track of senseless Matoran-slaughter.

Yes, but fire, ice, and stone can be used for good, whether it be supporting a falling roof, keeping Matoran warm, freezing rogue Bohrok, etc. Carnivorous plants would help no one, especially ones that ate Matoran. The only ones that strike me as useful are Zyglak-eating carnivorous plants. :lol: I doubt the GBs thought of that in time. :PAnd while randomization would not rule out a blast of flowers, I believe it would rule out cacti and carnivorous plants, assuming that these plants even exist in the Bio nicle universe.

Yes, but fire, ice, and stone can be used for good, whether it be supporting a falling roof, keeping Matoran warm, freezing rogue Bohrok, etc. Carnivorous plants would help no one, especially ones that ate Matoran. The only ones that strike me as useful are Zyglak-eating carnivorous plants. :lol: I doubt the GBs thought of that in time. :PAnd while randomization would not rule out a blast of flowers, I believe it would rule out cacti and carnivorous plants, assuming that these plants even exist in the Bionicle universe.

It has been confirmed that carnivorous plants exist in the MU. If I recall correctly, their name is also been mentioned earlier in this topic.And spawning plants can be used for good, and since Toa indeed do have control over their Nova Blast, they could use it to create carnivorous plants if they wanted to, and even those could be used for good, provided they clear them up after defeating Mr. McVillain, to prevent any wandering Matoran from being snatched and eaten afterwards.Though most Toa would just abide the Toa Code, and only create carnivorous plants if the circumstances were very exceptional, or if someone's life was in danger, and never, ever, use his Nova Blast to deliberately kill innocent Matoran.

iquXD5X.png

It has been confirmed that carnivorous plants exist in the MU. If I recall correctly, their name is also been mentioned earlier in this topic.

And spawning plants can be used for good, and since Toa indeed do have control over their Nova Blast, they could use it to create carnivorous plants if they wanted to, and even those could be used for good, provided they clear them up after defeating Mr. McVillain, to prevent any wandering Matoran from being snatched and eaten afterwards.Though most Toa would just abide the Toa Code, and only create carnivorous plants if the circumstances were very exceptional, or if someone's life was in danger, and never, ever, use his Nova Blast to deliberately kill innocent Matoran.

I thought that was a joke. *looks it up on BS01*

Okay, but carnivorous plants kill people. Always. That's against the Toa code, and against the GBs' wishes, because Mata Nui needs Matoran to operate. And if Toa of the Green have control over their Nova blast, they would not put carnivorous plants in it. If that blast was random, they might have a couple in there, but not many, since as far as we know there is only one species of carnivorous plant in the MU.

It has been confirmed that carnivorous plants exist in the MU. If I recall correctly, their name is also been mentioned earlier in this topic.And spawning plants can be used for good, and since Toa indeed do have control over their Nova Blast, they could use it to create carnivorous plants if they wanted to, and even those could be used for good, provided they clear them up after defeating Mr. McVillain, to prevent any wandering Matoran from being snatched and eaten afterwards.Though most Toa would just abide the Toa Code, and only create carnivorous plants if the circumstances were very exceptional, or if someone's life was in danger, and never, ever, use his Nova Blast to deliberately kill innocent Matoran.

I thought that was a joke. *looks it up on BS01* Okay, but carnivorous plants kill people. Always. That's against the Toa code, and against the GBs' wishes, because Mata Nui needs Matoran to operate. And if Toa of the Green have control over their Nova blast, they would not put carnivorous plants in it. If that blast was random, they might have a couple in there, but not many, since as far as we know there is only one species of carnivorous plant in the MU.

Yes, they would not use it, but technically they could.Technically, nearly every single Toa could use his/her powers to kill Matoran, so there's no reason why the Great Beings would specifically disallow that with plantlife.Also, none of them were supposed to be sentient, so Toa wouldn't deliberately try to kill others, unless they posed a clear danger to the Matoran.

iquXD5X.png

Yes, they would not use it, but technically they could.Technically, nearly every single Toa could use his/her powers to kill Matoran, so there's no reason why the Great Beings would specifically disallow that with plantlife.Also, none of them were supposed to be sentient, so Toa wouldn't deliberately try to kill others, unless they posed a clear danger to the Matoran.

Agreed.

Methinks no, a Toa of Green would not be a worthy Toa if it could even do that.

But your question is...could it? I don't know what to think.

Just because you can do something doesn't make you evil. Toa Tahu could burn an entire village of Matoran alive, but that doesn't make him evil - he never did it. Takanuva could blaze light power through a village and blind everybody - is he evil? No, because he never did that.

Power is a tool, which can be used for good or evil. Toa of Plants can run wild, binding Matoran up with vines and feeding them to carnivorous plants, or they can make plants with healing properties and pretty flowers. Just because they can make carnivorous plants and vines with poisonous spikes in them doesn't make them evil; what matters is whether or not they do, who they do it to, etc.

I think the main question is whether Bo-Toa can make plants that can move in response to physical stimuli. You can make a carnivorous plant out of that -- or one that has some beneficial use. And if you can do it, then you CAN make carnivorous plants, but you won't, at least not any that could eat a sapient being. You would use it for other things.

Note that some kinds of carnivorous plants don't move -- pitcher plants just have hairs that direct bugs into a poisonous digestive inside. A Toa of Plants could definitely do this, as that's just about the shape of the plant, and Greg confirmed they can make poisonous plants.

I also wonder if they could make "plants" that don't necessarily need roots. If so, they could make walking vehicles that respond to touch, light, etc.

For a Nova Blast, assuming they can control what is made at all, they could actually save lives by making plants that move away from touch. So the ability to make carnivorous plants doesn't necessarily prove a Nova Blast of Plants would be worse. (I tend to go for the more random idea, myself, but who knows.)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I think that if I were to be at Ground Zero where several hundred pounds of plant matter suddenly came into existence (possibly a lot of it growing on me as well) I think the sheer weight and brute force would be my main problem. Poison and/or carnivorous plants would just be icing on the cake to finish me off.Since your average Nova Blast expands to cover a city-sized area, this would likely be true for everyone else as well. Imagine if the Morbuzahk just exploded again. Even without moving parts,, you're stuck with blocked streets and inhabitants wrapped up in vines.

Edited by Katuko

It might also be that Nova blasts can manifest in several different ways. If used in an icy wasteland, a Stone Nova might simply create a big sheet of stone for as long as it can reach. If it was set off near something made of stone, however, that stone would likely be severely warped, with things like spikes jutting out. Small pebbles in the ground would do the same, expanding to become large boulders or sharp pillars shooting upwards.Similarly, I envision an Earth Nova to create lots of mud and soil in a non-dirt environment, while if you were actually standing on dirt ground you would also get extreme tremors and the ground itself being reshaped under your feet.

I always invisioned earth being a massive earthquake of sorts with spikes of earth jutting out and huge chasms being torn.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife