Official 2012 Set Discussion

Mesonak

Does anybody know when the 2012 sets will be out in Canada?

There's already some here(All Small sets minus Thornraxx)in stores, and all of them except Thornraxx and Breez are on the CAD S@H.~ELM~
So that includes Breez? I haven't seen her here in the US, and we usually get sets first.
Breeze might be short packed, making her harder to find, she is a girl after all and it's common to short pack girls, in boys toy lines. Edited by Smitty

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Does anybody know when the 2012 sets will be out in Canada?

There's already some here(All Small sets minus Thornraxx)in stores, and all of them except Thornraxx and Breez are on the CAD S@H.~ELM~
So that includes Breez? I haven't seen her here in the US, and we usually get sets first.
Breeze might be short packed, making her harder to find, she is a girl after all and it's common to short pack girls, in boys toy lines.
No, I meant small sets as in the regular Hero-sized sets, Breez is a Villian-sized set.~ELM~
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Thornraxx is called Thornraxx because the makers probably wanted to make a Bionicle reference.

Doubt it. Why make a BIONICLE reference in a set that has nothing to do with the similar-sounding BIONICLE artifact, especially in a way that seems to cheapen the set in the eyes of BIONICLE fans rather than make it cooler?My guess is that it was perhaps a leftover name from the "approved name list" that they wanted to wait a couple years before using so it wouldn't cause as much confusion. But I have no evidence at all for this theory; it's just an unfounded hunch.I've seen some video reviews of Breez and Thornraxx now, and am feeling less excited about Thornraxx's design. While the creativity is appreciated, it ends up making the set look flimsy from on top, rather than cohesive. Breez is still pretty high on my list of sets to get, though.

Just got Furno and (two) Splitface in the mail. I like them both a lot more than I thought I would; after all the negativity surrounding Furno I wasn't all that optimistic, but he turned out to be pretty sweet. I personally don't mind the white as much as a lot of people, and he's not quite as cluttered as he looks in some pictures. Splitface really blew me away though. From most of the pictures(especially the CGI on his canister bag thing) I thought he seemed kind of bland and boring, but in real life the colors balance perfectly and that face is just so rad.I'm happy to answer any questions about designs/colors/whatever, since there don't seem to be a whole lot of Splitface-owners yet. I might try to take some pictures(better than the Surge ones, I promise), but that won't be 'til tomorrow at the earliest.

p

What does shortpacked mean? And if it applies to Breez, would it apply to Thornraxx?

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

What does shortpacked mean? And if it applies to Breez, would it apply to Thornraxx?

Shortpacked means there's not nearly as many of one specific product as there are of others in the line in shipping containers.It's more commonly used with action figures though, I've never heard of anything like it happening with Lego.Thornraxx seems to be slightly more common than Breez, but he seems to still be fairly rare.~ELM~
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Just noticed something for the upcoming online game: like this year's creep crushers games no purchase necessary is needed to obtain the codes, just ask customer service for one.

Really? I wonder how many Game Points that would give you. Anyway, I'm really excited about this game! With any luck our Recon Team heroes can be uploaded into the game to play.

Well, received Rocka, Evo, toxic Reapa, and Black Phantom today. I'm going to give a general overview of my opinions on the sets.Rocka is a great figure, easily my favorite Hero that's been made yet. Not to say he's without flaws; his color scheme can be a bit jarring at times, the silver hand and silvet foot as back armor are annoyances (that being said, there is a good amount of silver on him, so it is an essential part of his color scheme), and his obnoxiously long legs cause him to appear disproportionate in many ways. That being said, the only problem that isn't subjective is his ridiculously long legs, and that can be remedied by simply replacing his lower legs with the version that has only one pin hole. Once you do that, the figure becomes excellent.Evo is also a great hero for $7.99. He's well designed, has some nice recolors, I love the new helmet. Seriously, it's great. I also love the "tank arm" as it is labeled. Not the most exciting set in the world, but definitely one of the better designed heroes.Toxic Reapa is excellent. I initially doubted if the set would live up to expectations. The custom torso is actually very well done. Armor layering is very nice, and it's surprisingly non-gappy. Couple that with the excellent parts selection and the general stance of the set, and I'd say it's worth a purchase.Black Phantom is the pinnacle of standard HF titans thus far (not counting Witch Doctor). He blows away Rocka XL and Fire Lord, and while Scorpio did have some ingenuity in his design, Black Phantom is leaps and bounds ahead of him. The bulk of the figure is excellent, as are the new "high friction joints" used on his upper arms to negate the need for clunky arm supports. the legs are excellent, sporting an excellently layered color scheme, except for the feet, which oddly enough, use gunmetal gray size 5 armor. There are only two other gunmetal pieces on the entire figure, and those are his saber strikers, so that's an odd choice. I have but two more flaws with the figure: The red pin sticking out of the top of his head, and the fact that his torso armor does not cover the entire torso, leaving several bits exposed at the top. This is remedied, however, by posing BP as he is meant to be posed; minorly a hunchback. His head then covers the exposed portions, rendering that flaw almost nonexistent. And substituting a black pin for a red pin to connect his helmet to the Glatorian head easily remedies that oversight. All in all, the set is excellent. The variety of new and unique pieces, the color scheme, the design, and the weapons, including his mace/sword hybrid and his Arachnix Drone (which is a GREAT edition; one of the major draws of the set, IMO, is the Arachnix Drone. It's something I would buy many of as a polybag for $2.99) all equal an excellent purchase. I'd recommend him to anyone.I also picked up two sets from the Ultrabuild series, Joker and Green Lantern. I'll not talk about them too much, because there's not that much interesting with them other than excellent parts selection, but I will say that Green Lantern is actually a good set, not just a parts pack like Joker. He's well armored, has a good color scheme, and an excellent weapon. I was pleasantly surprised by how good of a set Green Lantern is, and from what I've heard, the same holds true for Batman. -Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Well, I now have all of the new HF sets except for Breez and Thornraxx, who are still ridiculously hard to find. Out of curiosity, are any of the Breez/Thornraxx owners in the US? Because it seems like they're available in Europe, but nowhere to be found here...Anyway, Mesonak pretty much summed up my thoughts on all the new sets, which were coincidentally the same ones sans Joker. The villains especially are really amazing this season. Reapa and Phantom are easily my favorite baddies so far, except for maybe Witch Doctor, but that's not really a fair comparison. :P

p

Just built Splitface (well not just, but I did build him today), methinks he is one of the best villain sets of this wave. The way those face halves are put on are just pure genius (they attach to the sides of the head). The blade arm is also well-built as well.What I don't like is that how those curved shoulder/knee plates leave a huge empty space...Oh, and he has a long neck.

Well, I'll be expecting the new mag this weekend

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Scans of the comic:page 1:http://www.brickshel...ut/scan0202.jpgpage 2:http://www.brickshel...ut/scan0203.jpgI can't seem to convert these links into links with just words (it's kinda hard to explain, but you'll get the idea). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the scans! :)To convert text to a link, simply highlight the text, click the link button (a chain with a white + inside a green circle) and paste the URL you want the text to link to.~Gata. ;) Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Cool comic; definitely Damaso's work, so good to see that he's continuing the line. I can't tell if it's supposed to be a one-off thing, or if they'll fold that into the next comic issue, or if we're actually transitioning to a more web-based thing. I could be okay with the latter; definitely a good marketing move, and saves paper and all that.Sadly, the clubcode isn't available yet, but hopefully they'll update that. This was the American version, right?Also, click the top-right icon in posting, and it takes it out of rich-text mode. Then you can make links normally.

So my Surge had an extra chain link for his cuffs. My friend who also got him had the same thing. It's wierd that he had an extra, but my other heroes didn't. I'm not complaining though. An extra cuff link is welcome!

Funny, my sister had the same thing with her Surge. I wonder why they did that.
Same for me, actually. Looks like... something... I had something snappy to say, but it never reached the front of my brain.
They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Speculation of Villain personalities, GO!Black Phantom: Hate to say it, but it looks like another villain with a grudge against Hero Factory. Likely presents himself as a revolutionist, leading those he freed from prison. He defiantly seems to see himself as a ruler.Toxic Reapa: Jack the Ripper seems to come to mind. I think he attacks innocent bots, and corrodes their bodies, stealing their vital parts. Hence the "Reapa" in his name.Splitface: Obviously split personalities. Once a worker, got into an accident, and developed an aggressive alter ego. He's already been used as a minion, and was rebuilt into this larger body. His more passive personality is now all but gone, suppressed by his aggressive side.Thornaxx: I believe that this is a rouge construct made by self-replicating nanobots. This allows for a swarm of them to arise from a single individual that escaped from containment. Likely a hive mind, smarter when together.Jawblade: A oil guzzling pirate, crude and boisterous. Likes putting others in their place.Now, given the past few series, I think it's unlikely that I'm correct on most of these... but a man can hope, right?

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.