Official 2012 Set Discussion

Mesonak

Personally, I like Surge's lime green, but it is a bit overpowering in his final 2012 design (at least from the pics we've seen). But what bothers me more than that is that the lightning bolts on his torso are yellow, which doesn't make as much sense if lime green is meant to be his secondary color. Why not color them lime green for the sake of consistency?

Because lightning is yellow, duh. Learn science, Aanch.I'd be okay with the design being yellow if the weapon retained its original coloring (not that I'm not ecstatic to have it be a recolor, like Furno's blades), but since it doesn't, it is a bit weird, yes.

I wonder if Hero Recon will get updated with the 2012 pieces... :huh:

More than that, I'm hoping that they change it to accommodate the new skeleton structure as well. However, since we also have smaller Heroes, I can see them not doing that. I'm just wondering what they'll do about the heads and armor plates. 1.0 Helmets would be sooooo tight.Also apparently there is a new Iron Man head color. So. Wintastic.
I bothered quoting all this just to tell you that actually lightning is white

sigpic2.png

Personally, I like Surge's lime green, but it is a bit overpowering in his final 2012 design (at least from the pics we've seen). But what bothers me more than that is that the lightning bolts on his torso are yellow, which doesn't make as much sense if lime green is meant to be his secondary color. Why not color them lime green for the sake of consistency?

Because lightning is yellow, duh. Learn science, Aanch.I'd be okay with the design being yellow if the weapon retained its original coloring (not that I'm not ecstatic to have it be a recolor, like Furno's blades), but since it doesn't, it is a bit weird, yes.

I wonder if Hero Recon will get updated with the 2012 pieces... :huh:

More than that, I'm hoping that they change it to accommodate the new skeleton structure as well. However, since we also have smaller Heroes, I can see them not doing that. I'm just wondering what they'll do about the heads and armor plates. 1.0 Helmets would be sooooo tight.Also apparently there is a new Iron Man head color. So. Wintastic.
I bothered quoting all this just to tell you that actually lightning is white
Did my sarcasm not transfer well? I thought I was being pretty obvious =P.I could dig a mech, but I'd still like something with wheels on it. A four-wheeler could be pretty interesting, with the new building style. It would be very different, that's for sure.

I don't see why a vehicle could not just be made from Technic parts.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Jawblade, Toxic Reapa and Surge are now on TRU.com, but out of stock.http://www.toysrus.c...862136&view=all

Aah, so there's combo models for them. That'll be interesting. I like how they actually gave names to the planets that the villains went to.
Incidentally, one pic of one of the combi models has surfaced (6217 Surge + 6218 Splitface). Not sure if I'd posted it before.All the other planets in HF have been given names, so I'm not surprised that there are names for these ones.Incidentally, Rocka, Black Phantom, and Evo are also up now. I wonder what the combi model with Rocka and Black Phantom will be like...New story info from the bios:
  • [*]Surge has a high-powered electric shooter and plasma gun.[*]Rocka has a crossbow and energy shield, as well as heat-scope vision.[*]Black Phantom has sabre strikers, a staff with razor sabre and mace, and an evil Arachnix drone.[*]Jawblade has magma blades[*]Toxic Reapa has toxic jets, laser cutters (?), and crushing claws (presumably talking about his feet).[*]Evo has a plasma shooter and tank arm.

I hope the "gadgets and weapons" page on the Hero Factory website gets a significant update next year so as to clear up some things (for instance, whether Rocka's crossbow is indeed a version of the other heroes' plasma guns or a separate weapon).

TANK ARM. HAHAHAHA.Victory goes to me!All very good stuff. Good to know that Rocka and BP will actually combine; that'll be one big combi-model. All in all, some great stuff. Hopefully they post the missing ones from the site soon, I'd like to learn where Thornraxx is at, and Splitface.

MY EYES, THEY BURN!At least they didn't put any of the blue parts on it.

[size=4][color=#FF0000][color=#000000]Formerly known as ROTF Devastator[/color][/color][/size]
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vakama18/Stuff/shockwave_sig.jpg[/img][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Nrdy/Kittiez/W1/tabby.png[/img]

Surge/ Splitface looks OK it's just the colors are not so good. It's on of those combis that you need to get that instructions for and use your own extra parts to make the colors work.

You are their rock.

Well, I was looking forward to seeing them on TRU, but they have been removed. Just my luck, eh :PIn response to the combos, the surge/splitface one is.....not good, at all. But BP and Rocka, that will be very interesting, can't wait to see :)-Star

Yep, me too D:Well, they're bound to show up again sooner or later

doom4revalt.png

Has anyone ever noticed that Jawblade's tail is made up of Mistika fins? Just thought that was interesting...

Yeah, and it bugs me that it's uneven :S
Don't complain to me about uneven tail fins on Jawblade...9-thresher-shark.jpgOn the topic of the combi model, well, I'm glad to see that we're still doing those. Not so glad on how Splitsurge looks.
They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Someone on another site pointed out something on the pages for the Green Lantern and Batman "Ultrabuild" figures. The description for each advertises that you can "Build bigger figures with the exclusive high friction joints". This is what the purpose of the new Dark Stone Grey 2M bone lengthener pieces is! And it explains why Black Phantom is the first "titan" set since Fire Lord to do away with the bulky Technic shoulder suspension-- he now has no need for it since his shoulder joints themselves have higher friction.

Interesting. I wonder how they're going to make them higher friction. I'm thinking rubber or somesuch to make it more grippy.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Huh.Toxicreapa looks like a cross between Meltdown and Corroder with the 2.0 system.I will have to check this out.

But if anyone were present who could hear the thoughts of the great spirit as they echo within the mask, they would hear one thing repeated over and over again: "I will return."

I LOST THE GAME

AND NOW YOU DID.

I wonder if the combi-models will be canon this time. But not really combinations of two characters, but a completely new character in the story.Also my theory is that Black Phantom is Von Nebula. He just has a vibe, that and the Breakout theme.

I wonder if the combi-models will be canon this time. But not really combinations of two characters, but a completely new character in the story.Also my theory is that Black Phantom is Von Nebula. He just has a vibe, that and the Breakout theme.

I'd hope not :XAlso this new system seems promising :>

doom4revalt.png

Phantom: Meh.Thornraxx: TEAL TEAL TEAL TEALReapa: Cool.Jaw: Yawn.Split: Interesting.

Dark Azure or Medium Azure actually. Not entirely sure which. Hoping not too many people are disappointed when reviews start popping up. (I'm not sure how many people just use Teal as a simpler description than the official name and how many genuinely expect the same Bright Bluish Green seen in Kongu and other older sets to come back).

Wow Lego got cheap with the bags for the $7 and $12 sets. I do notice that they did put holes in them to the can be be hung in the stores. The stores will like that.

You are their rock.

According to this picture (which is a snapshot from an Evo Video Review), Furno has a black socket joint holding his launcher. To further confirm this point, I asked the person who has Evo, who can obviously see this picture in better quality, and he said yeah, he doesn't have two hands. Kind of sad, but also easily fixable so whatever.-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that-- OH MY GOODNESShttp://www.toysrus.c...%2F2254197&pg=1THEY'RE ON TRU QUICK QUICK QUICK BUY THEMunless this is old news in which case i'll be sad

At those prices I can wait...

You are their rock.

Went ahead and managed to procure Joker, Green Lantern, Black Phantom, Rocka, Evo, and Toxic Reapa as Christmas gifts. The BOGO definitely did help. Did some math, wound up being a better deal than if they had been bought at standard prices ($14.99, $19.99, $12.99, and $7.99 respectively).-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.