Official 2012 Set Discussion

Mesonak

It also helps if you have the extra money to spend on your self. I need to get a Christmas gift for my wife before I get my self $20 worth of Roka and Jawblade.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Just saw reviews of Jawblade and Furno. Interesting things to note:

-The new launcher piece is interesting, It consists of two parts: the upper shell and the standard HF launcher. The launcher half is shorter than the regular one (by one pin hole), but can be still work with the old launcher.-The combo model for the two is just a beefier version of Jawblade (or some other shark thing). Instructions are online (like last time). It looks jumbled...-Seems like ALL sets will have the hero core piece (with the game code).-The hero torso shell piece is printed.-Compared to his previous version, Furno looks kinda bland....-When you move the fins, Jawblade's jaw moves as well.-The resealable bags are slightly taller than the hero cans.

-The new launcher piece is interesting, It consists of two parts: the upper shell and the standard HF launcher. The launcher half is shorter than the regular one (by one pin hole), but can be still work with the old launcher.-The combo model for the two is just a beefier version of Jawblade (or some other shark thing). Instructions are online (like last time). It looks jumbled...-Seems like ALL sets will have the hero core piece (with the game code).-The hero torso shell piece is printed.-Compared to his previous version, Furno looks kinda bland....-When you move the fins, Jawblade's jaw moves as well.-The resealable bags are slightly taller than the hero cans.

That's cool!

Is that a function on Jawblade I spy (albeit a minor one)? That's very intersting...

Anyways, hopefully I'll get some for Christmas. They look better than the 3.0 series.BTW, is anyone annoyed that the heroes finally got launchers? It seems that HF finally caught the launcher-itis that Bionicle had...

That's cool!

Is that a function on Jawblade I spy (albeit a minor one)? That's very intersting...

Anyways, hopefully I'll get some for Christmas. They look better than the 3.0 series.BTW, is anyone annoyed that the heroes finally got launchers? It seems that HF finally caught the launcher-itis that Bionicle had...

I'd rather they use the Phantoka cannons. the ones they went with look like ######.

You are their rock.

15 dollars? WHAT? Now they're worth Ben10 sets? You have GOT to be kidding. If not for the BOGO I would like asplode or something, thats ridonculous.Also I advise you guys watch a video named "LEGO HERO FACTORY Evo 4.0 review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (as screencapped by mesonak) for more info on the new sets.

doom4revalt.png

15 dollars? WHAT? Now they're worth Ben10 sets? You have GOT to be kidding. If not for the BOGO I would like asplode or something, thats ridonculous.Also I advise you guys watch a video named "LEGO HERO FACTORY Evo 4.0 review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (as screencapped by mesonak) for more info on the new sets.

The two sets I want would be about $15...

You are their rock.

So it's true that the new sets are in stores? it says they aren't online, so iunno.

It seems that the sets always appear in stores before they get online, most of the time.Speaking of which, I checked TRU just now, no luck unfortunately, but i'll check again in about a week, which is around the time the had the Winter sets last year, so hopefully they'll be there then.~ELM~
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

So it's true that the new sets are in stores? it says they aren't online, so iunno.

It seems that the sets always appear in stores before they get online, most of the time.Speaking of which, I checked TRU just now, no luck unfortunately, but i'll check again in about a week, which is around the time the had the Winter sets last year, so hopefully they'll be there then.~ELM~
Many of the new sets are both online and in stores according to the TRU website. Specifically, Black Phantom, Rocka, Toxic Reapa, Jawblade, Evo, and Surge are all available online, while all of those plus Splitface are said to be in stores. Obviously individual stores are sure to vary, but the sets are genuinely starting to become available through multiple channels.

The new sets are looking pretty sweet. I personally want to get Reapa and Splitface, they're my favorites out of the villains. Does anyone suppose it's possible to take two Splitfaces (Splitfaci?) and make two figures, one completely red, and one completely grey? I'd kind of like that if it were.Heh, Evo's helmet kind of looks like a dog. If you squint. And have really dirty glasses. Awoof.

The new sets are looking pretty sweet. I personally want to get Reapa and Splitface, they're my favorites out of the villains. Does anyone suppose it's possible to take two Splitfaces (Splitfaci?) and make two figures, one completely red, and one completely grey? I'd kind of like that if it were.Heh, Evo's helmet kind of looks like a dog. If you squint. And have really dirty glasses. Awoof.

It's unlikely. Not only is Splitface's torso armor printed with both colors, his face is two separate pieces.

AXKP5KC.png

It's unlikely. Not only is Splitface's torso armor printed with both colors, his face is two separate pieces.
Someone elsewhere pointed out that the face pieces are most likely two-sided and can flip around to become the other half. If not for the torso, it would be possible.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Hey guys, there's a new video for 2012 on Hero Factory.com. It's actually pretty cool, but it kind of shows how Black Phantom gets defeated. Oh well.http://herofactory.l...us/Default.aspxEDIT: also what is up with stormer in that vid he's gigantic >_>EDIT: darn it aanichir already posted this oh well

Edited by Demon Llama

overlordsukapon.png

Two summer sets revealed in one video? AND they're valid for discussion immediately? Epic.Stormer looks kind of odd but has some cool parts (size four armor in both blue and white, as well as epic new "crystal" pieces on his shoulders), but the purple armored villain near the beginning is great. Purple chestplate without printing, and a new type of armor piece on his shoulders. Also purple mahri tubes yes.Oh yeah, and the actual fight was cool too.-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I like that they showed some of the old bad guys in the break out.

You are their rock.

I love how this is just a catchall topic for any new HF news at this point XP.Anyhow, the video is good stuff. Great animation, but sadly gives away the ending, or so it would appear.And there are some 2012 sets on S@H, but the shipping is outrageous (moreso than usual; darn holiday season) and they calculate tax on the shipping as well!The sad thing is, it might work ;_;

Edited by Dorek

I love how this is just a catchall topic for any new HF news at this point XP.

Yeah, someone should start the Official Hero Factory Topic again.From the stuff I saw in that video, the special looks like it might be better than the other Hero Factory Episodes. But Black Phantom's voice actor doesn't seem to really fit him..

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

Black Phantom's voice... <3Also, I wonder if there is a special set, like Bulk and Vapour, for Stormer and the Purple Villain...

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

WAITA SPECIAL SET FOR STORMER AND THE PURPLE VILLAIN IS PURE GENIUSAFTER ALL THE PURPLE VILLAIN HAS A REUSED HELMET JUST LIKE ALL THE PREVIOUS SPECIAL EDITION SETSbuuuuut special edition sets almost never have as many new/recolored parts as Stormer and Purple sooooooooo :<

Edited by Demon Llama

overlordsukapon.png

I don't know why but, everytime I look at Stormer "4.0", I can't help but laugh.

[size=4][color=#FF0000][color=#000000]Formerly known as ROTF Devastator[/color][/color][/size]
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vakama18/Stuff/shockwave_sig.jpg[/img][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Nrdy/Kittiez/W1/tabby.png[/img]

I support the idea of a Special Edition set.My comments on the trailer:LE BLACK PHANTOMÉI really don't think that's the ending of the movie, where's the fun of that? And that Purple Villain gave me a deja-vu of Carnage from Spider-Man. Oh and WHERE THE BLOODY HECK IS BREEZ.Note how Black Phantom is said to have only a saber, making no mention of his hammer/club. Loving that Cyan Hero with the Breez 1.0 Helmet on the background.And that spider-drone is so cute ;A;Overall, I can't wait to see Breakout: The Movie.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch

Do not trust corrupted memories.

Found these at my local TRU today! Phantom, Rocka, Jawblade, Evo, Stormer, and Reapa. I didn't know Rocka was an extra $5.They also had the DC Heroes sets. $20 for Batman?!

7. Putting all five Piraka in one tank seems like a dangerous idea. What if they start killing each other?

7) Who cares? They're creeps anyway.

-GregF