Official 2012 Set Discussion

Mesonak

I've played the Breakout game, and it's actually better than I expected. I found the jungle level where you fight Toxic Reapa to be be pretty fun for some reason. That's the furthest I got though, because it wouldn't save since it thought I wasn't logged in, even though I was. Does anyone else have a problem like this?

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

I've played the Breakout game, and it's actually better than I expected. I found the jungle level where you fight Toxic Reapa to be be pretty fun for some reason. That's the furthest I got though, because it wouldn't save since it thought I wasn't logged in, even though I was. Does anyone else have a problem like this?

Yeah, i've heard a couple people say they have the same problem, I haven't tried the game myself though.Also, I just built the Evo/Toxic Reapa combiner, and it's actually REALLY GOOD. It even has a little hat made from Evo's Shoulder armor :D .It's back legs are criminally short compared to it's front legs though, it's like a reverse T-Rex, it actually kind of reminds me of the Bullsquids from Half-life, what with the long spindly tail and almost nonexistent back legs.It also has a shoulder-mounted cannon, which is cool.~ELM~
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

So basically BP is the mastermind behind the whole breakout story...if he is shown as the primary villain and the breakout story extends to the summer, then what is the point of releasing him in the winter rather than the summer?And what are the game points for? I haven't played the game yet and won't be able to do so for quite a while...

Quick, kind of random question. How might one go about extracting those super hi-res pictures from the legoshop site? The really big one that shows up in the sidebar when you roll over.

http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/####?&wid=2400&hei=1800
Replace the #### with the set number for the main image. The alt images follow a similar pattern:
http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/####_alt1?&wid=2400&hei=1800http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/####_alt2?&wid=2400&hei=1800
...And so forth. Some sets have more than ten alt images, so continue increasing the number after "alt" until you see the "image not found" image (the one with various minifigures puzzling over a computer). Hope this helps. :)
Thanks Aanchir, I'll try that out.Also, website update is cool, I guess. Some of the gadget descriptions and bios are kind of entertaining, and it's nice to finally have some info on Thornraxx. The story is miles ahead of anything so far, IMO.

p

So basically BP is the mastermind behind the whole breakout story...if he is shown as the primary villain and the breakout story extends to the summer, then what is the point of releasing him in the winter rather than the summer?

Well, BP mearly caused the breakout as a distraction for his larger plan it seems. So, even when he gets captured, there'll still be villains at large.He is definitely the primary villain in this wave, but next wave I'm sure there'll be a different one with all the baddies now broken out of prison.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

Breeze is hot on Thornraxx’s tail, but the inhospitable environment will slow her down, giving Thornraxx time to recruit even more bad-tempered buzzers to his side.

Sweet an army builder!

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

So basically BP is the mastermind behind the whole breakout story...if he is shown as the primary villain and the breakout story extends to the summer, then what is the point of releasing him in the winter rather than the summer?

Well, BP mearly caused the breakout as a distraction for his larger plan it seems. So, even when he gets captured, there'll still be villains at large.He is definitely the primary villain in this wave, but next wave I'm sure there'll be a different one with all the baddies now broken out of prison.Kalhiki
It gives room for people to get attached to him, too. I know we've seen him defeated twice, already, but it would feel a bit rushed if they introduced a true mastermind only to dispatch him in a single story. This just allows for more story building.Also also got Furno today. He's pretty bomb. Also the only one in the stores. Seriously, five rows of nothing but Furno. Crazy business. Edited by Dorek

Also also got Furno today. He's pretty bomb. Also the only one in the stores. Seriously, five rows of nothing but Furno. Crazy business.

What store?

You are their rock.

So basically BP is the mastermind behind the whole breakout story...if he is shown as the primary villain and the breakout story extends to the summer, then what is the point of releasing him in the winter rather than the summer?And what are the game points for? I haven't played the game yet and won't be able to do so for quite a while...

It could be something like in 2004 BIONICLE, where there is one relatively solid "story year" but broken up into two parts-- the antagonist for the first part was the Morbuzakh, but the antagonist for the second part was Makuta Teridax (disguised as Turaga Dume). In this case, of course, I doubt the summer villain will be the secret mastermind behind the whole breakout, because I figure that would cheapen Black Phantom's role. But I think there will be two separate "chapters" to the Breakout story. The main villain for the first half would be Black Phantom, as the one who planned the breakout, whereas the main villain for the second half would be a new character who poses a new threat to Hero Factory-- perhaps attempting to mobilize the other escaped criminals after Black Phantom's defeat for an attack on Hero Factory from the outside.The game points are apparently what let you buy upgrades. In the beginning of the game Zib enters a code for you that gives you 50 game points, and you use some of these to upgrade your weapon partway through the first level. At one point in the game I looked at my points counter and the number was slightly higher than 50, meaning you can also accumulate game points within the game, but it takes much more time.Anyway, I'm wondering when Breez and Thornraxx will be released in the United States. Breez is one of the sets I'm most anticipating, and I hope her release isn't delayed for too much longer. The fact that she doesn't seem to show up in the Breakout special, based on the clips we've seen, makes me worry that they might hold her back until the summer wave...

So, Splitface is part organic and part mechanical? That's pretty interesting. It seems like all of the escaped villains have an evil scheme that they're trying to carry out.

I'll be honest. To me, it seems like they're all trying to go home. Albeit, a couple have some dark intention when they get there.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Anyway, I'm wondering when Breez and Thornraxx will be released in the United States. Breez is one of the sets I'm most anticipating, and I hope her release isn't delayed for too much longer. The fact that she doesn't seem to show up in the Breakout special, based on the clips we've seen, makes me worry that they might hold her back until the summer wave...

Part of me worries this may be the case. However, Breeze and Thornraxx's appearances on the product page of the Hero Factory website makes me hope they'll be available soon.Hopefully I'll be going shopping this weekend. Maybe I'll get (extremely) lucky. Also looking for Furno, so hopefully I'd at least be able to get him.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

They revealed a version of Stormer which looks to be a standard Hero design with a Hulk design, far different than what you're referring to, but yes, they revealed "Stormer". ;)-Mesonak

Look at the legs. Doesn't look standard size to me.Let me guess. You saw some leaked images, one being a "Stormer XL," but being such an outstanding BZPower citizen, you decided to deny the possibility of the existence of leaked images. Most likely, then, we've got a Stormer XL headed our way.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

They revealed a version of Stormer which looks to be a standard Hero design with a Hulk design, far different than what you're referring to, but yes, they revealed "Stormer". ;)-Mesonak

Look at the legs. Doesn't look standard size to me.Let me guess. You saw some leaked images, one being a "Stormer XL," but being such an outstanding BZPower citizen, you decided to deny the possibility of the existence of leaked images. Most likely, then, we've got a Stormer XL headed our way.
...?The legs shown in the video are designed using the standard "Stormer 2.0" size legs, POSSIBLY Rocka size legs (the standard for $12.99 sets now), with a four length white armor shell on the upper legs facing forward, and a Hero torso armor shell facing FORWARD on the bottom.The set shown in the video uses a Hulk style torso design, with one "crystal" armor spike on his left arm.Here's a picture: Bingo.As far as BZP's considered, leaked images don't exist. Probably be best to remove any mention of them from your post. And that's not something OBZPCs should follow, that's something everybody should do. ^_^-Mesonak Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

...?The legs shown in the video are designed using the standard "Stormer 2.0" size legs, POSSIBLY Rocka size legs (the standard for $12.99 sets now), with a four length white armor shell on the upper legs facing forward, and a Hero torso armor shell facing FORWARD on the bottom.The set shown in the video uses a Hulk style torso design, with one "crystal" armor spike on each arm.Here's a picture: Bingo.As far as BZP's considered, leaked images don't exist. Probably be best to remove any mention of them from your post. And that's not just a rule "OBZPCS!!!!1" should follow, that's something everybody should do. ^_^-Mesonak
He has the friction joints, though.

aouROFb.png

...?The legs shown in the video are designed using the standard "Stormer 2.0" size legs, POSSIBLY Rocka size legs (the standard for $12.99 sets now), with a four length white armor shell on the upper legs facing forward, and a Hero torso armor shell facing FORWARD on the bottom.The set shown in the video uses a Hulk style torso design, with one "crystal" armor spike on each arm.Here's a picture: Bingo.As far as BZP's considered, leaked images don't exist. Probably be best to remove any mention of them from your post. And that's not just a rule "OBZPCS!!!!1" should follow, that's something everybody should do. ^_^-Mesonak
He has the friction joints, though.
Likely because the set depicted in the TV show needs the extra support. Look at Hulk from the Superheroes line. He has friction joints as well.Do I necessarily believe the version that's depicted n the TV show will be released as a set? Hard to say officially until Toy Fair. But I can say the version in the TV show isn't a titan that they would charge $20-$25 for. Just look at him.-Mesonak Edited by Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Do I necessarily believe the version that's depicted n the TV show will be released as a set? Hard to say officially until Toy Fair. But I can say the version in the TV show isn't a titan that they would charge $20-$25 for. Just look at him.-Mesonak

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Stormer got a titan set simply due to his storyline significance. I mean, Rocka of all people got a titan set, and he was still in his first wave.However, I also agree that the Stormer in the video hardly looks like a titan sized set. Can't wait for Toyfair so we can get confirmation on how these sets look.And I'm still hoping Stringer's secondary color is purple. But maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

I agree with the probability.Looking at Stringer, it really irks me that the TV Show gives him purple highlights all over which won't be on the actual set. I would love it if his secondary was purple, but it'll sadly end up being either mata or metru blue knowing the fanbase's luck. :P-Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Hey guys,Which LEGO Club Magazines included a Hero Factory Comic Book?http://www.comicvine...ctory/49-34759/I'm trying to figure out if my any of my Club Magazines were missing an issue.

The third and fourth did NOT come in issues, so whatever the comics say for their month of release, that was the issue they were released in.And they're omitting an eighth comic that was just release, which was partly in the magazine, and mostly online.Also, got Jawblade and Toxic Reapa today. Reapa is a lot better overall than I thought he would be, but the one solid element (his arms) are actually lacking a bit; the armor runs together too much. Still cool, though. Jawblade is great; the only thing wrong I found was that the 5l axle that runs through it prevents the jaw from opening up that much, but if you switch it out for two 2l axles, then everything is good. The blades are cool, though I thought they would be slightly more transluscent than they actually are. Still nice to have a recolor. 6L trans armor and trans joints are amaaaaaazing. Overall, very good purchases.

Jawblade would have to be my least favorite villain so far (don't have Thornraxx yet). To me, the head seems way to big for his body, and standing him up on his back fins just seems awkward.Yeah he's a good set, just not my cup of tea.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

I have two bits of news, First the bad Breez and Thornaxx will not be on lego S@H untill January 31ts, so not in time for my Birht day :(Last the good news I saw Black Phantom at Target for $19.99 today.

Edited by Smitty

You are their rock.

...?The legs shown in the video are designed using the standard "Stormer 2.0" size legs, POSSIBLY Rocka size legs (the standard for $12.99 sets now), with a four length white armor shell on the upper legs facing forward, and a Hero torso armor shell facing FORWARD on the bottom.The set shown in the video uses a Hulk style torso design, with one "crystal" armor spike on his left arm.Here's a picture: Bingo.As far as BZP's considered, leaked images don't exist. Probably be best to remove any mention of them from your post. And that's not something OBZPCs should follow, that's something everybody should do. ^_^-Mesonak
In order for the legs to work, they have to be at least Rocka's size, possibly one stud longer, depending on whether that's a 4 or 5 length armor piece on his thigh, and whether the knee gap is on the set or not. I'm going to assume that the Hulk torso makes the set larger and more expensive- hence Hulk's legs being less than half the size of any of the other Superheroes, in order to make the set cost the same. The Hulk will presumably be $14.99. Stormer's legs make him bigger than the Hulk, therefore he will be more expensive than the Hulk, and a Hero set costing $19.99, which I'd estimate Stormer's cost would be, could justifiably be called an "XL".

The Breakout combiners are all so strange compared to the other HF combiners. I mean what is the Surge + Splitface one supposed to be?

Probably just a random monster like the Toa Metru and Toa Hordika combination models (yes, those had story roles, but as is usually the case those were developed to fit the models, not vice-versa). I think it's quite nice that with all the humanoid figures in Hero Factory, all of the 2012 combi models so far are non-humanoid.

Breez and Thornaxx will not be on lego S@H untill January 31ts, so not in time for my Birht day

Oooh where'd you find that out?
I called Lego.

You are their rock.

They're saying that because the 1.0 sets used the Glatorian head connections: Meaning if Rocka was released in the first wave, this would be his helmet. Though yeah, you're correct in what you say. -Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

It's his "1.0 style" helmet, not his 1.0 helmet per se. It's just a way of saying this is his helmet, not the 2.0 headgear or the animal ones. It's the one he would have had had he been a 1.0.edit: confound these ninjas.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

Hey, did anyone else notice that Thornaxx is pretty much a Nui-Rama? Yeah. Teel, buzzing wings, tail. They have the same body shape idea except that Thornaxx has blades instead of claws and a much pointier tail.

Yeah. there are a lot of similarities. It just goes to show that sometimes the older BIONICLE set designs hit upon a concept that couldn't be done too much better-- in this case, the ideal way to simplify a mosquito/bee-like creature to its simplest and most fearsome appearance.Of course, besides the overall physique there are a lot of differences. The Nui-Rama lacks Thornraxx's launcher-mouth, while Thornraxx lacks the Nui-Rama's bulging insect-like eyes. Still, it's nice to see a "re-imagining" of this concept. I imagine if TLG had for any reason wanted to release another Nui-Rama set in BIONICLE before it ended, the end result would have been something like this, with the original Nui-Rama action feature eliminated and replaced with more posable and realistic wings, arms, and tail, and perhaps even a launcher. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

If Stormer and Stringer are released this summer, hopefully Bulk and Nex will be, too, so we can have a complete upgraded Alpha Team.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I have two bits of news, First the bad Breez and Thornaxx will not be on lego S@H untill January 31ts, so not in time for my Birht day :(Last the good news I was Black Phantom at Target for $19.99 today.

You were Black Phantom? How is that even possible? :P

...?The legs shown in the video are designed using the standard "Stormer 2.0" size legs, POSSIBLY Rocka size legs (the standard for $12.99 sets now), with a four length white armor shell on the upper legs facing forward, and a Hero torso armor shell facing FORWARD on the bottom.The set shown in the video uses a Hulk style torso design, with one "crystal" armor spike on his left arm.Here's a picture: Bingo.As far as BZP's considered, leaked images don't exist. Probably be best to remove any mention of them from your post. And that's not something OBZPCs should follow, that's something everybody should do. ^_^-MesonakIn order for the legs to work, they have to be at least Rocka's size, possibly one stud longer, depending on whether that's a 4 or 5 length armor piece on his thigh, and whether the knee gap is on the set or not. I'm going to assume that the Hulk torso makes the set larger and more expensive- hence Hulk's legs being less than half the size of any of the other Superheroes, in order to make the set cost the same. The Hulk will presumably be $14.99. Stormer's legs make him bigger than the Hulk, therefore he will be more expensive than the Hulk, and a Hero set costing $19.99, which I'd estimate Stormer's cost would be, could justifiably be called an "XL".He does look XL, except the friction joints prevent the need of many titan characteristics.

Hey, did anyone else notice that Thornaxx is pretty much a Nui-Rama? Yeah. Teel, buzzing wings, tail. They have the same body shape idea except that Thornaxx has blades instead of claws and a much pointier tail.

Well, the proportions are different.

aouROFb.png

All Winter 2012 Hero Factory available at Geoff's Toymaster Store in Loughborough. Got my Rocka & Toxic Reapa..

Info like this is best if you also include a country.

You are their rock.