Official 2012 Set Discussion

Mesonak

I wonder how much of the (presumed) summer sets we'll see in the TV show. So far, all we've seen is Stormer, Stringer, and the purple guy (who's name I'd very much like to tell you all). Maybe they won't be in it very much.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I wonder how much of the (presumed) summer sets we'll see in the TV show. So far, all we've seen is Stormer, Stringer, and the purple guy (who's name I'd very much like to tell you all). Maybe they won't be in it very much.

There's probably going to be all of the summer sets, since it wouldn't make sense to only have a few of them. A large number of people on here probably already know that purple villain's name. (Including me)

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

It could be that Breez and Thornraxx got switched with I guess Stringer and the purple guy before the episode(s)(?) were made. If it does include summer sets they could've been winter sets originally.Like back when we got that book description about how Vastus was supposedly in the winter wave.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Idk if anyone has posted this, but on Target.com in US, it lists Splitface as being $20.

They are going for that price in the stors too. Not just Splitface but all the big bag sets.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

He sort of had an accent, but he didn't speak much.Personally, I like that they ditched the accent and actually explored him as a character, or at least represented him fully as opposed to the one-hit wonder that his OoF character was. Granted, he does talk a bit in this clip, but it at least represents a more developed individual, while keeping in tune with his previously established personality.

So I got Furno at Wal Mart last night he was about $14 after taxes. I replaced the trans orange part with a red one and gave him two hands. He was good before all that and now I think he's great.

You are their rock.

So I got Furno at Wal Mart last night he was about $14 after taxes. I replaced the trans orange part with a red one and gave him two hands. He was good before all that and now I think he's great.

I was going to replace his hand too, but then I realized that if you flip the white armor, the clip piece can fit into the pin hole there, making it more of a seamless hand blaster thing, like Rocka's.

I was going to replace his hand too, but then I realized that if you flip the white armor, the clip piece can fit into the pin hole there, making it more of a seamless hand blaster thing, like Rocka's.
When I get Rocka I'm going to do the same thing to him too, however looking at his build though it'll be much more extensive than just replacing some armor and adding a hand.

You are their rock.

What I want to do with my Furno 2.0 is to take Pick a Brick and buy an extra Multi Tool Ice Sheild, and an extra hand, giving him a nice back and a hand, while mounting his weapon on his wrist.I just don't have a lego store nearby and I don't want to pay the shipping.

Then order a bunch of other pieces you want while you're at it. Buy in bulk, minimize shipping expense. They have a fairly good selection.For instance when I ordered some Exo 2.0 parts I also threw in six extra 3.0 claw pieces for use in Rocka modifications or MOCs. I've been thinking of placing another order for more useful parts at some point.

OpAXNpl.jpg

LDD updated recently with a lot of new parts, including many Hero Factory parts. I've used this to plan out what modifications I will make to any Hero sets I get from the Breakout wave.Most of the modifications are minor. I plan to make Breez (the first set I want to get) the same height as Stormer 2.0 (which is to say, one module taller than the new Evo and Surge sets). This simply involves switching her 7M lower leg beams with 5M ones, which also makes the legs more proportionate (with the thigh bone longer than the shin bone) I also plan to give Surge back armor like some of the larger Heroes have, and change both hands to blue. And I will shorten Breez's lower arms by one module and remove the cladding from the left arm to make her look a bit slimmer and more symmetrical. Breez's upper arms will be given 3M shells rather than 5M to ensure that her left arm (with shield) remains posable, and I'm thinking I'll also give her the narrower (7x9) Hero torso.I think my twin brother will probably be getting Furno and Evo, but I've sketched out what those sets would look like with similar modifications. Furno was actually an easier moderator than Breez since his arms are already a more reasonable length, but I'm open to the possibility of giving him an extra hand piece to replace the Y-joint that holds his launcher. Evo would need no changes besides adding back armor, as my brother and I both prefer him with only one hand since it makes his tank arm more cohesive-looking.Overall, the Breakout heroes are the first wave I've been tempted to modify extensively. Part of the reason for this is that they are more unique than past waves, giving me more creative freedom in my modifications without making them inconsistent, but at the same time they're also less consistent in some ways, which encourages me to make those many small modifications.Before the LDD update I had done a drawing of Breez with my intended modifications. Today I updated that drawing using the LDD model as a reference so I could gain some experience drawing some of the new parts. It's been a while since I made a Hero Factory or BIONICLE drawing I was very proud of, but I'm hoping that by doing occasional sketches of this sort on graph paper I might sometime have the experience and inspiration to draw a more exciting and imaginative scene with one or more figures.I strongly look forward to the Breez set's release in the United States!

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

I finally got Furno. He was at- of all places- Target. I'm kinda glad, since it didn't have the TRU markup. In all, it's a good set.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I finally got Furno. He was at- of all places- Target. I'm kinda glad, since it didn't have the TRU markup. In all, it's a good set.

The Target here in upstate New York was the first to get the new sets. They have two or three each time I go. The Wal-Marts have not good on having any sets at all. They got cleaned out over the holidays and have not restocked yet.

You are their rock.

The Target here in upstate New York was the first to get the new sets. They have two or three each time I go. The Wal-Marts have not good on having any sets at all. They got cleaned out over the holidays and have not restocked yet.
Yeah... Walmart's lazy when it comes to getting new Lego Bricks. Mine still has Breez 1.0.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

My Target had all of the sets at one point (sans Breez and Thornraxx, obviously), which is where I got Toxic Reapa and Jawblade. Haven't seen any sets there since, they have yet to restock them. The LEGO store has more, I think, though the last time I was there, all they had were rows and rows of Furno. Haven't been to TRU in a while; I think we could possibly in the season where they don't have the markup at all, but it's too far out of the way for the most part, and is right next to the LEGO store anyway.

Yeah... Walmart's lazy when it comes to getting new Lego Bricks. Mine still has Breez 1.0.
Can you pick one up for me?Well my birthday haul included Evo, Jawblade, Rocka, Splitface and a Mini Fig Spartan. Rocka, Splitface and the Spartan I got from Amazon.com. I think so far I like Evo the best with Furno a close 2nd Edited by Makaru

You are their rock.

Can you pick one up for me?
How? I live in Minnesota; I won't be driving to New York anytime. and I'm too lazy to mail it.

jimistringer.png

Has any one found Hero Factory for Toy Fair UK?

You are their rock.

Photography was not permitted at the London Toy Fair. Last year, we received pictures of the sets first from the Nuremberg Toy Fair held from February 1-6, so there's always that to look forward to. And then, yeah, the NY Fair on the 13th is definitive.-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Got Rocka and Evo today. Evo is pretty cool, even without a secondary weapon; very cohesive design. Rocka is okay, though the design is a bit cluttered, and he definitely would have benefited from the wider torso; I'll see if I can salvage one for him.

It's just me, but I think thornraxx is a mispelling of the launcher/fruit, and doesn't look good. Yes, he has interesting pieces, but they don't go well together. The teal (which I will be happy to have by the way) throws it all off.

It's not the same teal as BIONICLE, just to make sure you know. It's Medium Azur, a new color also being used widely in the Friends theme. Also, I think it makes his color scheme fun and exciting.

I got my Rocka and Splitface yesterday. Rocka got a major rebuild, Splitface got a hand on his red side and I turned his gun it to something that can be held in said hand.

Edited by Smitty

You are their rock.

It's just me, but I think thornraxx is a mispelling of the launcher/fruit, and doesn't look good. Yes, he has interesting pieces, but they don't go well together. The teal (which I will be happy to have by the way) throws it all off.

It's not the same teal as BIONICLE, just to make sure you know. It's Medium Azur, a new color also being used widely in the Friends theme. Also, I think it makes his color scheme fun and exciting.
I agree with you. In my opinion, the original colour scheme using black, orange and light blue (which is even a new shade of light blue) is one of the highlights of the set. Add an original design on to that, and you have easily one of the best sets of the wave.~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Well, I got Furno. He's pretty nice, and I acutally like the trans-orange/red piece. It makes it look more like hes charging his weapon up. I would have liked it if he had a secondary weapon, but the massively armored arm looks ready to smash through anything.Now he has been MOCed with my Furno 2.0. The gun is on his shoulder and he has a shield and a claw.I will have to post pics.

Well, I got Furno. He's pretty nice, and I acutally like the trans-orange/red piece. It makes it look more like hes charging his weapon up. I would have liked it if he had a secondary weapon, but the massively armored arm looks ready to smash through anything.Now he has been MOCed with my Furno 2.0. The gun is on his shoulder and he has a shield and a claw.I will have to post pics.

I don't like the Breakout Heros with two weapons. I would think that having a free had to grab the cuffs would be more helpfull than having a gun and a sword... Edited by Smitty

You are their rock.