Official 2012 Set Discussion

Mesonak

If you all guys see on Splitface's Animation on Products Section, he have a white hero core on his chest.

I feel like somebody else pointed that out to me, but I didn't pay much attention to it. Indeed he does; he comes with a Hero Core, but I'm thinking it's more that he incorporates certain Hero style builds that they thought it made sense to use one. Pretty funny, though, good eye.Also, someone needs to do a comparison shot of Sam the Eagle from The Muppets to Rocka. Their faces look the same. I can't be the only one seeing this.

If you all guys see on Splitface's Animation on Products Section, he have a white hero core on his chest.

I feel like somebody else pointed that out to me, but I didn't pay much attention to it. Indeed he does; he comes with a Hero Core, but I'm thinking it's more that he incorporates certain Hero style builds that they thought it made sense to use one. Pretty funny, though, good eye.
That was me.

Also, someone needs to do a comparison shot of Sam the Eagle from The Muppets to Rocka. Their faces look the same. I can't be the only one seeing this.

SamEVSDRocka.jpgMaybe a little bit...

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Got Rocka and Evo today. Evo is pretty cool, even without a secondary weapon; very cohesive design. Rocka is okay, though the design is a bit cluttered, and he definitely would have benefited from the wider torso; I'll see if I can salvage one for him.

The new armor is too narrow for the wider torso to look good, and poseability is no longer inhibited by the narrower torso, so the narrower torso is better. Rocka is just cluttered with oversize legs, that's all.

aouROFb.png

Got Rocka and Evo today. Evo is pretty cool, even without a secondary weapon; very cohesive design. Rocka is okay, though the design is a bit cluttered, and he definitely would have benefited from the wider torso; I'll see if I can salvage one for him.

The new armor is too narrow for the wider torso to look good, and poseability is no longer inhibited by the narrower torso, so the narrower torso is better. Rocka is just cluttered with oversize legs, that's all.
Furno rocks the wide torso well enough with the "Aqua-jet-pack" added on.

You are their rock.

Surge and Furno use the wider torso, and they're fine. I gave Rocka the wider one, and it works out pretty well. Gives him a bit more stance, and allows the ammo belt to not limit poseability as much. I think the legs are fine, actually. A bit jarring to go from gold to gunmetal to gold again, but smaller armor pieces would have looked silly. The narrow torso and the spherical armor piece don't work together that well; Evo being the notable exception.

I noticed the upcoming Captain America figure has a new armor piece on his knees. Could this piece make its way to the summer HF wave?Personally I think it looks better than the current rounded shoulder pad piece as it doesn't leave a huge amount of empty space on the underside.

It's very possible that this armor piece will also be in the summer Hf wave. It's just like how Stormer (who's basically been confirmed as a summer set) appears to have the Hulk's chest piece.

I noticed the upcoming Captain America figure has a new armor piece on his knees. Could this piece make its way to the summer HF wave?Personally I think it looks better than the current rounded shoulder pad piece as it doesn't leave a huge amount of empty space on the underside.

Where did you find that pic and is there one of Iron Man.

You are their rock.

I adore Iron Man, soooo gonna get him. I really like how they're compatible with Hero Factory figs.And yeah, that Captain America armor piece will probably recur, given how it matches the overall HF aesthetic. Even if it doesn't, you can always use his =P.

Oh, look. The 2012 Hero Factory discussion has turned into Ultrabuild Heroes discussion.Anyways, The Nuremberg toy fair starts tomorrow, so we should be seeing pictures of the summer wave of Hero Factory (and all other lego sets) soon.

This topic is totally catchall for any and all tangential discussion =P. Kinda figured we had gotten used to that.Anyway, yeah, definitely looking forward to the toyfair, and the NY one isn't too far away either.

It's ToyFair, how can it be leaked?Very Short but a good look at Stringer.

Edited by Kamen Rider OOO

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

Yeah; it's ironic that the only good shots we got of the sets are of the sets we've already seen in the TV commercials.Voltix (his name is visible on the nametag) looks interesting, and Stringer looks great. You can see Stormer... who appears to be a titan. You can also spot an unidentified blob of plastic (hooray for bad posing!) next to Toxic Reapa, one very bland looking dude with a helmet that resembles Nex, and a quite cluttered looking guy with Bulk's helmet (I'd assume they're Nex and Bulk respectively) and a very... interesting looking four armed yellow guy with yellow Raw-Jaw feet. Woohoo. :PBring on the next Toy Fair.-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

It's ToyFair, how can it be leaked?Very Short but a good look at Stringer.

Well, technically, photography was mostly forbidden at the London Toy Fair. Reporting from the Toy Fair, though, WAS permitted, so the staff might allow or disallow discussion of the sets displayed there in general rather than going through the trouble of determining which discussion comes from written reports and which comes from leaked photos/videos. I'll wait to discuss this video until we get a staff member's say-so, although I must say I'm impressed from what I'm seeing so far.

Last time I checked, Aanchir, photography and filming/recording videos were two very different things.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

oh my gosh Voltixi love thatand that's only a poorly-posed possibly not entirely finalized version of hima gunmetal helmet and those new electricity pieces and the purple and yellow tentacledefinitely gonna get him and Joker to give him more purplecan't really tell with any other sets because they're so hard to see but at least we'll see them at the NY Toy Fair

overlordsukapon.png

Breez and Thornraxx were supposed to be on the US shop at home today. And... nothing. I don't think the US is going to get these two.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Hmmm... looking at that vid I say that the purple guy (who's name, as you said, is Voltix) uses Captain America's knee armor, so we'll be seeing at least two colors of that piece! And ha! I knew Stringer was a normal shade of blue! I knew it! Oh, and it looks like Voltix appears to have a two-toned version of Surge's sword (two of them, to be exact) on the sides of his head.

Hmmm... looking at that vid I say that the purple guy (who's name, as you said, is Voltix) uses Captain America's knee armor, so we'll be seeing at least two colors of that piece! And ha! I knew Stringer was a normal shade of blue! I knew it! Oh, and it looks like Voltix appears to have a two-toned version of Surge's sword (two of them, to be exact) on the sides of his head.

Actually, at least three different colors. Voltix has them in purple and what appears to be gunmetal, which I love.Stringer has some regular blue cladding, yeah, but his torso armor actually appears to be transparent dark blue. That's cool, but the rest of his armor doesn't match. =/And no, those things on the sides of Voltix's head are much smaller than Surge's sword pieces, as I deduced by comparing the two pieces in real life. So those must be new. They also look three-toned to me, with blue, green, and yellow. They look awesome, anyway. Edited by Squishypony

overlordsukapon.png

Last time I checked, Aanchir, photography and filming/recording videos were two very different things.

Last I checked, the difference was semantics. Letter of the law, not the spirit.Anyway, I'm really digging Voltix; less purple than he appears in the video (at least, from the shots we've seen), but even with his crazy jumble of colors (four; five if you include the blue tinges here and there), he comes off as really cohesive. The Black Phantom head (which is a recolor, it seems, thankfully) looks good on him.Also, Stringer has trans blue. That's whack - in the best possible way.

I still don't see the trans blue on Stringer. Mind pointing out how you see it (and when you see it best)?All the sets are cool. Really want to see more of Stormer, mostly. Voltix is awesome.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

We can talk about Voltix now? YES!!!!!! VOLTIX VOLTIX VOLTIX VOLTIX VOLTIX VOLTIX VOLTIX VOLTIX VOLTIX VOLTIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm a little apprehensive about him, actually. He's got a lot of different colors going, and I'm not sure if he'd look so good, especially with that big yellow tentacle. Stringer, however, looks awesome, especially if that's transparent blue on him.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I still don't see the trans blue on Stringer. Mind pointing out how you see it (and when you see it best)?All the sets are cool. Really want to see more of Stormer, mostly. Voltix is awesome.Kalhiki

If you pause the video when the guy with the camera is just starting to say "...and we've got this guy dangling off of here..." you can sort of see that the edges of his torso armor let light shine through.And that yellow villain (whose name I know but can't say yet) looks... interesting. He seems to have long, spindly legs and a very small body, as well as four arms and very little armor. I want to see a better picture of him.

The+Edge-Banderbear.jpg bug_animated.gifStarhawk-PlayStation-3-b-300x300.jpg

"Wuh?"

Nex looks (surprisingly) well done; his helmet is a very faithful representation of his 2.0 headgear, just like Evo's, and I love that. The only thing I find fault with him about is the fact that he uses a white torso rather than an orange one. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, considering it is still a new color for that piece, but it throws off the color balancing a bit. Though the orange printing on his torso definitely helps.Bulk looks outstanding, bar his color arrangement. The fact he only has four (possibly 5, depending on whether he has an actual hand holding his blast) silver pieces is very jarring, considering silver was his primary color up until now. However the actual set looks great; you can spot some size four or size five orange shells on his lower legs, which are definitely needed.The black villain standing next to Bulk is very difficult to even see due to his color scheme, however i can spot that he has a giant claw, Rocka's bandolier piece, 2.0 shield in black (^_^), the 3.0 "mini-claws" or "Arachnix Drone legs" in red, a launcher, and Black Phantom's upper torso armor plate. Looks like an amazing set already, if not just for the parts.

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

I think Bulk's color arrangement is pretty good. It helps that his silver pieces are all centered at his immensely bulky core (head and torso) while his arms and legs keep mostly to black and titanium metallic.Nex's color scheme is also mostly well-arranged but the white is still a little overpowering. I don't think his seemingly medium stone grey upper limb bones help matters-- I'd have preferred a darker color. His helmet is amazing. It's a pity it's impossible to make out his chest pattern, or Bulk's for that matter.

The yellow Villian next to Nex looks kind of not good, of course that might just be because the posing at these events is always terrible.Nex looks okay. Not happy about the White Chest armor, and his Helmet is a little too similar to his 2.0 helmet, it literally looks like his old Helmet but as one piece with a covered mouth area and all one color.Bulk looks cool, although I'm a little annoyed that he has so little Silver(What is it with this year and Strange Color schemes?)but overall he looks great, I'm assuming his Shoulder pads are attached in a similar way to Green lanterns. And he also makes good use of that Captain America boot piece, as does the Black villain near him, I like how it doesn't completely cover the armor it's attached to.Speaking of the last guy, he looks interesting, although I can't tell much since he seems to be posed badly and is the furthest away from the Camera. He seems to have a new Helmet.EDIT: Wait, Bulk's cannon arm seems abnormally short, even shorter than Rocka's and his used the Shortest lower arm available. So this means either:A: It's just bad posing.B: he has a new shorter limb piece(Though this is unlikely since you can't really get any smaller and have it still function as a limb piece)C: He has an actual Cannon for a Lower arm!(By this I mean the Socket attached to the cannon connects directly to the upper arm)~ELM~

Edited by Element lord Of Milk.
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg