Game Of The Year

Leg O'Brick

MW3. Because I'm a fanboy. :P

Honestly, I respect MW3 fans more than Battlefield fans. I just can't bring myself to like anything made by EA these days, because of how arrogant their management is and how poorly their developers are treated. At least Activision has the decency to respect their competitors.
that is a terrible reason to not respect fans of a game. just because the publisher is awful doesn't make the game any worse. i'm not saying that what EA does is right, but insulting the fans of one of their games (well, sort of insulting i guess) doesn't really make any sense to me. my personal game of the year is L.A. Noire. i haven't played that many games this year (my interest in gaming has waned recently) but to me that was the one that stood out the most. even with its awful ending.
nhsYE.jpg

that is a terrible reason to not respect fans of a game. just because the publisher is awful doesn't make the game any worse. i'm not saying that what EA does is right, but insulting the fans of one of their games (well, sort of insulting i guess) doesn't really make any sense to me.

i dont like battlefield fans because they keep telling me how amazing their game is. like, thats great. good for you. i dont care.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

i dont like battlefield fans because they keep telling me how amazing their game is. like, thats great. good for you. i dont care.

well that's a legitimate reason to dislike the fans. not so much a reason to not like the game, but if the fans are annoying i can understand your dislike of them.
I'm a BF fan, but I get turned off both games when there's a war going on. Back on topic, I am not going to choose the obvious 5 (Skyrim, BF3, MW3, Uncharted 3, or Arkham City), It's most likely gonna be Sonic Generations for me. Lord knows how long I've waited for something like this game.

Undergoing Renovations...

Honestly, I respect MW3 fans more than Battlefield fans. I just can't bring myself to like anything made by EA these days, because of how arrogant their management is and how poorly their developers are treated. At least Activision has the decency to respect their competitors.

that is a terrible reason to not respect fans of a game. just because the publisher is awful doesn't make the game any worse. i'm not saying that what EA does is right, but insulting the fans of one of their games (well, sort of insulting i guess) doesn't really make any sense to me. my personal game of the year is L.A. Noire. i haven't played that many games this year (my interest in gaming has waned recently) but to me that was the one that stood out the most. even with its awful ending.
Look, I didn't mean any disservice to BF3 fans. If you like it, then good for you. I just don't like EA. I meant I can identify with MW3 fans better because they don't like BF3 and that means we agree. Not really for the same reason, but... oh never mind.

that is a terrible reason to not respect fans of a game. just because the publisher is awful doesn't make the game any worse. i'm not saying that what EA does is right, but insulting the fans of one of their games (well, sort of insulting i guess) doesn't really make any sense to me.

Yea, that too. It seems like some BF3 fans have a CoD complex. Here's why: people are tired of the same games recycled over and over and over. And the people who are all excited about BF3? there going to be raving about some new franchise next year. Because they don't want to play the same game every single year, but they don't want to try something entirely new.* Edited by Leg O'Brick

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

Now, you tell me how you can NOT hate Bobby Kotick. I forgot about Skyward Sword. That's my secondary GOTY just in case Generations fails. It's foolproof. DX I'm also looking forward to Uncharted 3, that's my 3rd. But if I have to choose one that's already released, that'd prolly be L.A Noire. Portal 2 is overrated, IMO. Catherine is also good for its story and theme.

No one cares about Sonic Generations...;_;

i, for one, was entirely unaware that there was a game called sonic generations.
That's because it's not out yet. -_-
then i blame poor marketing.
I blame the government. Never heard of it either. Details pl0x?

:hau: :a: :k: :a: :m: :a: :i: :9: :2: :1: :infected:

A wiki link should do just fine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Generations It's basically a celebration of Sonic's 20th anniversary, so you get to play as Classic Sonic and Modern day Sonic over a course of levels from his previous games. There's a whole lot behind it, but that's in vids on a site and pics.

considering the last few sonic games were terrible i dont think you should be rooting for it to get GOTY too hard.

You're out of the loop. Colors was amazing in most's eyes, and Generations is getting a lot of internal hype. But, yeah, Skyward Sword will prolly win. Hopefully. If not, then Uncharted 3. Edited by SonicBOOM XS

didnt minecraft come out in like 2009?

It's been in beta for like forever, but it will be officially released at minecon this year. Sadly, I doubt it'll win, cause it's just so non-traditional. That should be a terrible reason not to elect something GOTY. But that's just the case.

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

Battlefield 3 is my personal bet. New graphics engine, vastly improved destruction physics, and the good ol' focus on team game play, not lone wolfing and kill streaks. I love the innovation.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

I'm not sure Halo 4 comes out this year or not, but whatever, that's the one.

November/December 2012. Edited by Rausaro

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Oh my word! My first hot topic! Not that it's a big deal, since there's a sort of burst of activity since the forums are back.

Oh my word! My first hot topic! Not that it's a big deal, since there's a sort of burst of activity since the forums are back.

You shouldn't post simply to express a hot topic, as it's not really got any discussion value (as stated in the rules, I think). --- Does GOTY depend on media publicity? Or is it an actual meaningful award? Either way, if Minecraft does get released in November, it could easily win.

IetTsFQ.png

It's been in beta for like forever, but it will be officially released at minecon this year. Sadly, I doubt it'll win, cause it's just so non-traditional. That should be a terrible reason not to elect something GOTY. But that's just the case.
You did keep up with GOTY last year, right? Some of the top games were altogether ENTIRELY unconventional, including the winner. For that reason alone, Minecraft should have a pretty heavy hand in this year's GOTY.

You did keep up with GOTY last year, right? Some of the top games were altogether ENTIRELY unconventional, including the winner. For that reason alone, Minecraft should have a pretty heavy hand in this year's GOTY.
you say that like there was a definite goty winner. you do realize tons of websites and magazines do these right? also dear god what is with all of these people posting games that haven't come out yet?
nhsYE.jpg

Red dead redemption, mass effect 2, super Mario galaxy 2. I don't see many original franchises on that list, let alone an indie game. I doubt none of the major sites will even consider Minecraft a candidate. I think it's ridiculous, but it's come to that.

EDITED for the post above me. ^^Oh yes, I know that. However, there is a -Primary- GOTY website, which is what most people think of when they hear "Game of the Year". Though I do recognize and normally frequent the various GOTY sites :3 ^The primary site I followed (which I beileve was the main GOTY, the one everybody watches most of all... sadly, I don't remember who or the URL or anything >.<) had those games up there, but Heavy Rain and that one game where you're a little kid in a black-and-white world were two of the top 5, and both were very untradtional.

Edited by Gladiator Vak