Takanuva Question That I Cannot Find A Answer To

Garin

just curious on other people's opinion on a question I have been thinking of for a while now.dunno if this has been discussed, but i couldn't find any answers. it seems that both Takanuva's ELEMENTAL power AND his MASK power are light. could he use the ELEMENTAL power of light separate from the MASK power if he was perhaps separated from the mask? and. Could Takanuva use other masks?I dunno if there are other masks for Takanuva to collect, especially after the Toa Mata were done collecting their masks.But could he acquire and use other masks? or was he limited to only the mask of light? and (related to first question) if he could use other masks, could he still use his ELEMENTAL power of light (not mask power of light) when using another mask? what are your thoughts?

This is one of those naming issues that I think GregF didn't fully think out, similar to the Kraahkan. If I recall correctly, the Avohkii gives non-light-related powers as well, like the ability to make another being trust you, or calm down while being angry - the Kraahkan, incidentally, can perform the reverse of those powers.

Edited by UltraHau

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Yes, he could. Just because he doesn't have a mask doesn't mean that he cannot access his elemental powers.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Without a Kanohi, Takanuva's powers would be weakened. He can use his powers just fine with another mask though. Like UltraHau said, the Avohkii gives other powers in addition. I think there was a topic a while ago that concluded he (or Teridax, or any other being with a mask that gave a power they already had) could use the mask's energy for light if his elemental energy is recharging.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

For future reference, the Storyline & Theories forum would be the right place to ask a question like this. :) And in summary: yes. A Toa's Elemental Power and his Kanohi are not in any way tied together. Takanuva's just happen to be very related. ~|ET|~

Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

okay so using only his elemental powers manipulate and control light (shoot a powerful beam of light).but he could not make another being trust him, calm someone down, etc... those were only with the mask. the mask would amplify his elemental powers over light (similar to the Power Lance). could Takanuva collect other masks?Takanuva does not have Suva correct? a suva allows a toa to have multiple masks, correct? Tahu's Suva was destroyed, yet he was able to have both the Vahi and his Hau after the destruction of his Suvacould Takanuva have other masks even without a Suva? like Tahu with the Vahi. I guess i feel bad that he is Limited to only one mask.A extremely powerful mask, but only one mask.

His mask strengthens his elemental power, and grants some additional abilities. But to use a kanohi, it has to be the right element. I don't know of any mask makers who make Kanohi for a Toa of Light.

I'm sure there would've been someone in The Kingdom pocket dimension who would've. Let's not forget, Tanma was a Toa of Light in that dimension, and he wouldn't've worn the Avohkii (I imagine he'd've worn a Miru).

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

His mask strengthens his elemental power, and grants some additional abilities. But to use a kanohi, it has to be the right element. I don't know of any mask makers who make Kanohi for a Toa of Light.

Re: bolded part: Uh. What? That's not true at all. Any Toa can use any (Great or Noble) mask. There is no elemental affinity linked to masks.

okay so using only his elemental powers manipulate and control light (shoot a powerful beam of light).but he could not make another being trust him, calm someone down, etc... those were only with the mask. the mask would amplify his elemental powers over light (similar to the Power Lance). could Takanuva collect other masks?Takanuva does not have Suva correct? a suva allows a toa to have multiple masks, correct? Tahu's Suva was destroyed, yet he was able to have both the Vahi and his Hau after the destruction of his Suvacould Takanuva have other masks even without a Suva? like Tahu with the Vahi. I guess i feel bad that he is Limited to only one mask.A extremely powerful mask, but only one mask.

Tahu had the Vahi, sure, but he couldn't switch to at will since his Suva was destroyed. He had to literally have it on his person to do so. Takanuva could do the same thing. In fact - he has. I just remembered that in Bionicle Legends 2 he briefly wore a Great Suletu. So, no, he doesn't have a Suva, but there's nothing to stop him from just picking up a mask and using it. ~|ET|~ Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

I'm sure there would've been someone in The Kingdom pocket dimension who would've. Let's not forget, Tanma was a Toa of Light in that dimension, and he wouldn't've worn the Avohkii (I imagine he'd've worn a Miru).
Yes, but Tanma's noble miru would've transformed into a great one, like with the Metru.

Re: bolded part: Uh. What? That's not true at all. Any Toa can use any (Great or Noble) mask. There is no elemental affinity linked to masks.
Then why would the Mata go after "Lewa's akaku" and "Gali's Hau," etc?

Yes, but Tanma's noble miru would've transformed into a great one, like with the Metru.
That's why I assumed he'd've worn a Miru. *is suddenly tempted to MOC Toa Tanma*

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I'm not sure where you remember it being stated like that, but trust me, if it was, it didn't mean what you think it does. How the Toa Mata knew where to find their masks was all a little hazy, but typically it had to deal with overcoming a challenge set out for them (likely by the Turaga, since they hid the masks). So if anything, it meant that this particular mask was meant for Lewa to find. It's not specifically his. But again, I have no idea where that was said. That's simply the most probable explanation I have for it. Masks still aren't made to only be used by one type of elemental user. ~|ET|~ Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

That's why I assumed he'd've worn a Miru. *is suddenly tempted to MOC Toa Tanma*
Right, but nobody would have to make one, because his existing noble Matoran mask would change into a great one when he was transformed.

I'm not sure where you remember it being stated like that, but trust me, if it was, it didn't mean what you think it does. How the Toa Mata knew where to find their masks was all a little hazy, but typically it had to deal with overcoming a challenge set out for them (likely by the Turaga, since they hid the masks). So if anything, it meant that this particular mask was meant for Lewa to find. It's not specifically his. But again, I have no idea where that was said. That's simply the most probably explanation I have for it. Masks still aren't made to only be used by one type of elemental user. ~|ET|~
Then why were Kanoka for different Metru? I can't find it, but I could swear I heard somewhere that Kanohi ARE affiliated with elements.

In the story, takanuva was more powerful than a normal toa and defeated makuta. By combining his mask power and innate elemental powers he got boosted power. If hewkiis mask of gravity was worn by a toa of gravity, ti would not be useless, rather make him stronger.

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

I'm not sure where you remember it being stated like that, but trust me, if it was, it didn't mean what you think it does. How the Toa Mata knew where to find their masks was all a little hazy, but typically it had to deal with overcoming a challenge set out for them (likely by the Turaga, since they hid the masks). So if anything, it meant that this particular mask was meant for Lewa to find. It's not specifically his. But again, I have no idea where that was said. That's simply the most probable explanation I have for it. Masks still aren't made to only be used by one type of elemental user. ~|ET|~
Then why were Kanoka for different Metru? I can't find it, but I could swear I heard somewhere that Kanohi ARE affiliated with elements.
Kanoka are not the same thing as Kanohi. Just because one has certain conditions doesn't mean a thing about the other. Yes, Kanoka are one of the ways of making Kanohi. But they're still different things. To answer the question - well, they just are. Believe me... They aren't. They can have elemental powers, but they aren't affiliated with an element (to the extent that only certain elemental users can use them). ~|ET|~ Edited by Electric Turahk

E-T... Phone home.

They were refered to as specific Toa's masks because they found out their locations form their respective village's Turaga and Matoran. And kep in mind, the Toa would often work together to find masks that their teammates did not yet have- for example, I believe that when they went after "Tahu's" mask of water breathing, the other Toa had to retrieve it because they already had theirs.ET, they were referred to as such mostly in the BIONICLE: Chronicles series :) Some Kanohi may be affiliated with elements within the fandom based on which toa first wore them. For example, many would afifliate the Miru with Air or the Calix with fire, because the Toa that first wore these masks belonged to the elements of air and fire, respectively. In addition, some masks are directly affiliated with elements, such as the Avohkii (mask of Light) and the Krahkaan (mask of Shadow). However, they can be worn by a Kanohi-wearing being of any element. (Like when Icarix (I spelled that wrong didn't I?) wore the Krahkaan) As for the Kanoka, they are labeled with their associated maetru based on either where they were produced (not sure about this one) or just a means of identifying them. This is irrelevant, however, since the Metrus themselves weren't exactly affiliated with any element, but rather with a certain job- like how Ta-Metru was known for its forges, and Ko-Metru for its scholars.

Edited by The Darkest Hunter

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Could Takanuva use other masks?I dunno if there are other masks for Takanuva to collect, especially after the Toa Mata were done collecting their masks.But could he acquire and use other masks? or was he limited to only the mask of light? what are your thoughts?

takanuva can use other masks as says so in one of the 2006 books (it's like number 1 or 2 of that year) when he finds a mask of telethaphy. How ever he doesn't keep it and gives it to one of the matoran (i think Hali).
naccu_dancing_gif_by_larnuu-d51e6u5.gifNacuu's Slow Dance!!naccu_dancing_gif_by_larnuu-d51e6u5.gif

Right, but nobody would have to make one, because his existing noble Matoran mask would change into a great one when he was transformed.
Who knows? Tanma could've had his own Suva and numerous Kanohi in his possession.

cool!So Takanuva can use other masks, but he is limited to what he can carry with him or what is available to him at that moment. while wearing another mask he can manipulate light (at limited strength), but he cannot "bring peace and understanding to others" because that isAvohkii specific abliities i didnt realize the element of light alone (no Avohkii) had so many powers: light manipulation/creation/absorption.Lazers.bend light to become invisible.light speed movement.body color changes (explains Takanuva's stars figure colors, but not the stars Physical change from the shadow leech incident).Illusions (solid and non-solid)if ha can do solid illiusions, he could probably create shields too. i guess i was confusing the Avohkii powers and powers of light into one.this has helped straighten some confusions i had

Just for clarification: a mask has no relation on a toa's element at all. However, from what I understand, the Mask of Light was quite unique because when the right matoran put it on (Takua) it actually gave that matoran the elemental power of light and turned them into the Toa of Light. So while technically Takanuva's light power is not related to his mask, originally Takua got it from the mask. -don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Not exactly... It gave him the energy to transform into a Toa, but as a Matoran of Light, he always had the Light power inside him. He just didn't know about it. Still a pretty unique mask nonetheless. And based on your last post, Garin, yep, seems like you've got it all straightened out now. :) ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Just for clarification: a mask has no relation on a toa's element at all. However, from what I understand, the Mask of Light was quite unique because when the right matoran put it on (Takua) it actually gave that matoran the elemental power of light and turned them into the Toa of Light. So while technically Takanuva's light power is not related to his mask, originally Takua got it from the mask. -don't touch my pocket protector

Takua was a Matoran of light (AV-Matoran).so when Takua became a Toa(via the Avohkii) he was given elemental powers of his Matoran region he originated from. any Matoran who becomes a Toa gets the powers of their respective Region they are from. I suppose that since the color of AV-Matoran are white and gold, any mask takanuva uses would by default be gold, but he can change his colors to anything he would want... Edited by Garin

It basically works the same way as rahkshi with their staffs, using them increases their power, and they can use their powers without it, but they're weakened. (though with toa, kanohi just weakens them in general, and they can either combine their mask and elemental powers, or just use their mask to conserve elemental energy, along with masks sometimes having additional powers, such as making people less hostile/more friendly.)

rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika