Bzprpg - Ga-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: VerosI was falling. Falling for what seemed like an eternity, in blackness. I closed my eyes, waiting for it to end...I opened my eyes. And entered karzahni itself.I was tied to the tree outside of a burning village. The one that would haunt me forever. I could hear the sick laughter from the Burnouts, the screams of Matoran and others as their lives were cut short. I was bruised and bloodied, the dead corpse of Fuse lying in front of me. Fuse’s head turned, creaking horribly. I had killed him by breaking his neck. The bones snapped and bent audibly as the head turned to me, his white eyes gleaming an unnatural light.“I told you that if you burned us, we’re gonna burn you back,” Fuse’s head said, grinning wildly. I closed my eyes. I didn’t want to see him, but I couldn’t plug my ears, and he kept repeating “We burned you!” over and over and over and over and over. I hunched over, trying to hold back tears, but I couldn’t hold in my fury any longer. “No,” I said quietly, opening my eyes and breaking free of my bonds. “I’m going to burn you all.”Before I knew it, I was in the village, surrounded by flame and the remaining members of the Burnouts. Three Skakdi and two Vortixx, all ready to kill me. They had the advantage in numbers. But I had the advantage in knowledge. Their weaknesses. Their strengths. Their personalities.I cut them down, one by one, never stopping, never letting up the attack, using my mask to teleport around erratically to sow confusion and redirect attacks. I hacked at arms, legs, anything, causing screams and curses of pain all around. In little time, five bodies lay around me, and I was covered in blood, my machete and knife stained as well. I sheathed my weapons and looked away from the carnage...Only to look back and see that I hadn’t hacked up my former “allies”. Atonal and Natalia were among the corpses, slashed apart. One of the Matoran from the Ko-Koro incident was there too, his body cut apart. Lara was lying on her back, her mask shattered. And Crimeia...Crimeia...Great Spirit...Crimeia crawled towards me, a hand on her stomach, her body cut apart by multiple slashes and stabs. In what seemed like an eternity, she crawled until she finally touched my foot. “Why...Veros...?” she whispered, before her hand dropped and she was no more. I picked up Crimeia’s lifeless body and held it close.“I burned everyone. Everyone I knew and loved, everyone I hated.” I blinked, and I had arrived at Kini-Nui. The Suva Kaita was open, and I stepped on top of it, glancing downward, and did not hesitate in taking a step forward, dropping down the hole into the heart of Makuta’s lair. I landed softly in a dark place, a pair of great red eyes staring at me, and I could hear a deep laugh echoing. I knelt down, and prepared for the sweet release of death...I bolted upright in bed, panting heavily. It was early morning. The sun was rising over the waters of Ga-Koro, and it certainly looked inviting after that nightmare. I went outside and sat down, trying to piece together what had happened. I glanced at Atonal. “I killed him. I killed everyone,” I murmured. “Everyone burned because of me.” I held my head in my hands. “It was a dream. It was a dream. It. Was. A. Dream.” And yet it felt so real. I looked up, gazing at the sunrise. “No, this is reality. That was...that was a dream. Nothing more, nothing less.”IC: LenzoI took a seat on a tree stump took off my pack, and set Fenrir aside. I opened the pack, pulling out some meat strips and some fruit. After a long day of travel, some food certainly helped. As I chewed on a meat strip, I glanced at the Toa. “Want anything?” I asked, holding out a strip. “I’ve got plenty in my pack. And some fruit if you’re interested.”

Edited by AlchemistMayCry

harlock-resizedagain_zps28810351.jpg

Under this flag, I fly in freedom. A space pirate, sailing the sea of stars.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"Aexias, look! She made us flowers!"

Anyanka sniffed down on the illusionary flowers and giggled, waving at Anthyn from her perch on the rooftop. Aexias was beside her, partially focused on the procession but also paying attention to the captive behind the two girls with an almost hungry gleam in her eye. That was cool, the somnambulist mused. Aexias was already pretty awesome, but if she got into Anyanka and Anthyn's hobby? That'd just be swell, plain and simple!

The Toa of Plasma took a second to savor that mental image as she took another whiff of the flowers and smiled innocently at Anthyn.

Swell, alright. Plain and simple.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Veros

I stood up, my mind cleared and returned quietly to the bed, trying not to wake Atonal. I started equipping my various weapons and such for a second before taking them off and throwing myself back down on the bed. Some sleep that isn't nightmares should help. Maybe...maybe...I closed my eyes and tried to drift off to sleep.

IC: Lenzo

"Alright, if you change your mind, there's always some here." I continued munching on the meat. "So, what brings you out to this neck of the woods, Mister...?"

BZPRPG Profiles

I had managed to fall into a (thankfully) dreamless sleep after returning to bed. I opened my eyes to someone standing over me. I blinked. Those familiar green...oh for the love of...Crimeia was standing over me, a big grin on her face. "Wake up sleepyhead!" she said in a sing-song voice. I closed my eyes and hoped I was dreaming when I reopened them. I was not. "Uh, Crim, how long have you been standing there? And how the karz did you get into my room?"

"Oh the innkeeper let me. And I've been standing here for about...four hours?"

I gaped. Crim smirked. "Just kidding!"

I rose up from the covers, yawning. The sun was shining through the open windows. It was mid-morning or so. "Sometimes Crim, you can be so..."

"Hilarious? Adorable? Fun?"

"Silly."

She grinned. "I'll take it. I'm getting breakfast. Meetcha there!" She walked out of the room and flashed me a quick smile before closing the door. I got up and stretched, doing some quick calisthenics to wake up. I started re-equipping all of my weapons and glanced over at Atonal. "You awake Atonal?" I asked.

"Quite a name you've got there Stronin," I said. "I'm Lenzo. Lenzo Vakern. I decided to come to Ga-Koro for...well, I guess you could call it a pilgrimage. I've been meaning to go to each of the temples at each village and meditate there. And then when I finish, one last meditation at Kini-Nui. I used to belong to an order of monks. They always did suggest doing that. Aside from the other training I got..." I shrugged and starting eating some fruit. "And if I run into disputes, I could help mediate. That's something I'm good at. Helping people."

And fighting, but you wouldn't say that.

"Shut up Ferum."

BZPRPG Profiles

"Alright, alright, sleep well. I'll have Crimeia wake you up in 5." I sheathed my long knife and staff and left the room, cracking my neck. I went into the inn's foyer and saw Crimeia at a table, some breakfast food on it. I sat down and started eating voraciously. "Never realized how hungry I was until now," i quipped between bites.

"So I noticed," Crimeia replied, grinning.

"So where's Natalia?"

"Freshening up. I think. And Atonal?"

"Oh he's still sleeping. I told him you'd wake him up in five minutes." Crimeia's grin grew wider. I wagged a finger. "Quietly. And for the love of Mata Nui, no STARING at him until he wakes up."

"Spoilsport."

I shrugged and continued eating, mulling over the dream I had. Crim glanced at me, a puzzled look on her face. "You're not usually this quiet," she said. "What's up? Bad dreams?"

"You have no idea." Crim got up and came around to my side of the table and gave me a hug from behind.

"Dreams are just dreams. They can't get you out here."

I don't know about that...Fuse is dead though. He can't come back....

I finished the fruit and put away the rest of the food. I glanced at Stronin. "So what will you do now? Just stay out here for a while and go where you want, throw caution to the wind?"

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: I hate PCs. Especially Library PCs.

IC: Hapaka

Ishi shrugged slightly with his right shoulder, feeling a phantom motion as his left remained limp. "I don't know, but she mentioned having medical experience back when I worked with her, well, briefly. I haven't seen Tillian personally in, well... A while." Ishi's tone made it rather obvious on what terms the two had left each other's company.
The Sun was setting, and as Ishi stared across the water he felt his eyes drawn to the city of houses floating across the surface. Somewhere in the midst of all the beauty there was a foul stench. To hide a wound in plain sight, that's clever, Ishi thought to himself, mind quickly leaving Labelle and the beach in search of a solution.

IC: Terilis

The soft sound of wet, leaf covered earth escaped from beneath his feet, as he walked along a path long neglected and forgotten over time. The moist air felt good on his flesh, bringing memories to surface of his consciousness, only to be pushed back into the deep recesses of his mind. Terilis adjusted his mask, still not use to it's feel on his face. He didn't know if he would ever get used to what he was, but he knew he must...

He paused. He could hear voices through the trees, barely more than a whisper, yet audible nonetheless. He just stood there, listening to an everyday chat about fruits and life. A smile came to his mask. How simple life used to be, how ordinary everything was. With every passing moment, the urge to join in on a discussion so normal was so enticing, it became almost unbearable. He found his feet moving slowly, closer, and closer...

IC: Crimeia

"How long has it been? Five minutes?" I asked Veros, twitching slightly.

He sighed dramatically. "Yes Crim, it has been five minutes. You can go wake up Atonal." I held out my hand, and he was about to give me the key before he pulled it away. "No funny business, no staring at him until he wakes up, and for the love of Mata Nui, don't SIT on him or anything stupid." He handed me the key and I jaunted off the room.

"What do you think I am?!" I said, grinning. "Some kind of crazy Toa who'd get into fights for fun?"

He paused for a moment and then said with a completely straight face, "Yes. Yes you are exactly that." I grinned and jaunted over to the room, unlocking the door and waltzing over to Atonal in bed. "Alrighty sleepyhead, time to wake up! Early gukko gets the worm and all that!"

"Romping around is never fulfilling," I said quietly. "It's usually just a way to get around not having anything meaningful to do. I suppose our definitions of meaningful could be different and all..." I took off my pack and put it on the stump and looked around the clearing, trying to find something to practice on. I found a small tree about half a foot thick. I strode up to it and unsheathed Fenrir, checking it for any nicks, before sheathing it and then unsheathing in a lightning fast motion, cutting one of the tree's branches clean off. "But I find meaningfulness in the simple things, be it..." I took another swing at the tree, slashing off a chunk from the top. "Gardening, cooking, swordplay..." I performed three quick slashes, turning the top of the tree into a neat triangle. "Or even just meditation." I slashed three times, two horizontal and one vertical. I returned Fenrir to its sheathe, and when the blade clicked back into place, the tree fell apart into six chunks. "Though what is it that you define to be fulfilling? And how would you go about doing that?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Terilis

He moved toward the sound of the voices, closer and closer. In the back of his mind, he kept telling himself to stop, turn around, run away. But he had been alone for too long. He needed to talk with someone besides himself. He crept closer and closer, until the silhouette of two beings became clear beyond the trees. One was standing, the other sitting on a tree stump. Terilis leaned his body against a tree, and watched. He knew if he had seen someone watching him from the woods, he would have ran. But he was content to watch, and observe two seemingly normal beings.

The one standing dropped something on a stump nearby, and approached a tree. Now Terilis could barely make out the Dark green armor that covered his body, though it seemed there was a small amount of bright green scattered about. Suddenly the green one pulled something shiny out, and the tree in front of him lost much mass. Immediately Terilis became anxious, he knew that he was holding a sword, and he took hardly any effort just to carve out the triangle in the tree. With just a few more strokes, he replaced his sword in it's sheath, and the tree fell apart. Terilis looked down at his body, and saw that the lights were glowing again. He was agitated, and his lights glowed whenever he was agitated. This made him panic even more, what if he was seen? What would they do to him? One foot went back, followed by the other...

I sighed and my eyes darted away from Natalia. "I'm...okay," I murmured. "Had some bad dreams. Got me thinking about...stuff from the past. Things that I wanted to leave behind. But there's something. Some feeling that something's not right." But there's no way in karzahni that Fuse survived. He couldn't have. I burned him. I burned them all. I snapped his karzing neck...

And yet I'm afraid that somehow, somewhere, he still might be alive.

"Whatever you say, sleepyhead," I replied, smiling. "Everyone's outside having brunch. Better hurry up or I might just eat your meal!" I dashed out of the room.

I laughed. "The pursuit of shiny things and the pursuit of running. A good endeavor. So long as said pursuit of shiny things doesn't involve stealing from people." I unsheathed Fenrir and pointed the blade at Stronin. "Though I suppose if you were stealing from certain unsavory elements, it would be agreeable. But stealing from innocents is wrong. And a fast way to earn my ire."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: [Atonal]

"Got it," he mumbled, letting out a yawn as he slowly walked out after Crimeia. "How are you all so lively this morning?"

IC: [stronin]

"It's not like I used to do that before I decided to go honest or anything!" said Stronin quickly, stepping back and waving his hands around. "Uh, ignore that, could you?"

Lenat- Ga-koro- Marine HQ

IC: After several minutes where nobody said anything, Lanet spoke again, "I'll give you some time to think on my offer. If you want to check up on me to make sure I'm not some sort of scheming Makuta worshiper then check with the Ta-koro Guard. I've done plenty of work for them in the past."

With that, he turned and followed the rest of the group out the door.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC (Ketan)

The village was silent.

Anthyn and Embok had taken their places, the former's presence adding an almost tangible aura of royal beauty and power to the scene, the latter sending a quiet ripple of curiousity through the crowd: the Toa of Plasma's drastic change in appearance was a surprise to most, it seemed.

But that was of little consequence now. Embok would still be trusted: after all, he had protected Ga-Koro for even longer than the “Arete” had. Who could possibly guess that he was Gluttony now?

Even Ketan himself found the Pa-Toa's new identity somewhat difficult to believe. Granted, he had approved of it, but he hadn't done that because he thought Embok would make a fitting Gluttony. No, he had agreed for much the same reason he had spent the last few months closer to Anthyn than any other of the “Arete.”

Anthyn... she was a sight to behold, indeed. Her shapely figure drew more eyes than the coffin itself; even at a funeral, she managed to remain, more or less, the centre of attention. Any Toa would have killed to have such a beauty stand at his side.

But that wasn't why the Toa of Air had kept the Valkyr by his side. Even as her cold beauty stoked a fire in his belly, the memory of the day she had crushed Embok kept his mind clear and wary. She was evil; he knew that. While the other “Arete” were sinners in the broadest sense, having been plucked from the dregs of society, Anthyn was a sinner in the most sincere way: she enjoyed the terrible things she did.

And that was why Ketan, whose greedy nature kept his own well-being ahead of all other priorities, kept her close: because he couldn't trust her to stab him in the back if he let his eyes wander.

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, especially when those you don't trust are as hard as steel and as dangerous as a nest of vipers.

The Captain broke the stillness, walking to the head of the coffin. She saluted, showing her respect for the deceased Turaga (though her grief was perhaps more legitimate than any of the Arete's), and Ga-Koro's protectors responded.

The Marines obeyed their commander's unspoken command, and four of their number took hold of the rods that lined the sides of the coffin, hoisting it into the air. The others in the company lined up behind the wooden casket, while the Toa Arete took their places in front of and beside the beautiful box.

The procession began its slow march down the street, each side lined with grief-stricken villagers. The sky itself seemed to sob in sorrow: a rumble of thunder sounded from far away, a rumbling bass note, followed by the gentle pitter-patter of scattered raindrops falling on the village of water and the surrounding ocean as the clouds wept for the fallen elder.

The Arete surrounded the coffin, walking slowly and sorrowfully as the sad parade wound its way through the Koro, their eyes and faces turned down in mock grief. Were any of them truly sorry? No- this was the chance they had been waiting for. This was, at last, the moment of their ascension.

But, first, this mournful masquerade.

IC: VoutokVoutok turned to the rest of the company (Lenat, Firion, and Virrin) and addressed them as a whole as they exited the Marines HQ and were welcomed by the pouring rain."Ok let's see...conveniently-timed rainfall, check. Unusual silence in a usually-busy part of town, check. Aaaaand..."Voutok held up a finger to recommend further silence as he turned the dial on his headphones to "2"--he did not want to risk "1" considering the rain might interfere. He listened closely until he picked up the sounds of sobbing and solemn footsteps a down the steet about half a mile away. After determining the trail he geastured in the direction of the sound with one hand and spoke relatively quietly--but not too quiet as to not be heard by the others."A bunch of sad Matoran and Toa waltzing down a street, check. Sounds like the procession has begun already. Considering Ketan is likely IN said procession, we'll have to just follow them until they're done once we catch up. Of course, even when they are done, it would probably be in our best interests to wait it out or approach cautiously. I'm pretty sure the last thing on the guy's mind is recruiting Marines immediately after the toting around the casket of a dead Turaga. I'll try to keep track of the sound and hopefully lead us right to the ongoing procession. Sound good?"

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

"I was sleepy, dummy!" I replied, grinning from ear to ear. "I've had a loooot of sleep. More sleep equals more energy! I've been up since, well, maybe 7 am? Well before the food service started!" I walked into the foyer and walked over to Veros and Natalia. "Good morning Natalia! Good to see you up and about!"

I quirked an eyebrow at Stronin, before giving him a hard look and then started laughing heartily. "I expected as much." I sheathed Fenrir. "At least you're honest, Stronin. And that is a good way to earn my respect. Though if it means anything, if worse came to worse, I would prefer not to fight. I may carry a sword, but it is for the very last resort. There is good in you. I would advise to let that goodness grow."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Clariax

Alongside the crowds of matoran and Toa was a hooded Toa of Plasma. Whether or not she would attract attention, she didn't know. Whether or not she cared, she didn't know. Whether or not she would be able to escape if somebody said 'Hey! You!', she didn't worry.

She just stood alongside everybody else and watched.

She stared as the 'Arete' walked beside them, sad, regretful faces placed on their heads. As they walked, carried the coffins, there was a silence that was only broken by the rainfall. As the water went 'pitter patter' unto the village, as it created ripples in the sea water, Clariax wondered if this was actually some higher power crying.

She wondered if that higher power would laugh if she died.

The blast of thunder rumbled in the distance, and Clariax disappeared, re-appearing further across the road where the beautiful coffin which held the body of the Water Village's elder was heading towards her, instead of away. She watched as a marine captain walked over and saluted. A bunch of other marines apparently took this as permission to walk over, salute, and then follow.

What is this, a parade? Come on. Where were the speeches? Where were the tales of heroics? The people who said that they would be missed? The people who said that some dumb legacy would live on?There is no legacy. There is no heroics to come. There will only be hostility, as the mantle of responsibility for leader will fall to the shoulders of one who not only didn't have the ability to lead but the authority.

This will be the cause of disruption.

Somebody wanted to take over.

As Clariax contemplated this, she contemplated herself. What would she do? People think of her as evil; so she did evil. What happened when another 'evil' popped in? Would she suddenly be good? Would others accept her? Or would she die first? Who was she? Why was she here, watching? What happens when the inevitable downfall happens? What will she do then? What can she do then? What if it's hate that waits for her? Abandonment? Loneliness? Or could it be acceptance? People asking her for help? Would the time come when she would no longer be evil? Stop her revenge?

What was evil?

She sighed.

Alongside the crowds of matoran and Toa was a hooded Toa of Plasma. Whether or not she would attract attention, she didn't know. Whether or not she cared, she didn't know. Whether or not she would be able to escape if somebody said 'Hey! You!', she didn't worry.

She just stood alongside everybody else and watched as everybody's eyes were drawn first to the box, then to Anthyn. And stayed with Anthyn.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: The compulsion abandoned him, and Terilis ran back into the trees. The branches whistled past him, scratching at his mask, trying to slow him. But he was used to this forest, the trees didn't faze him. The forest was his ally, it always had been. It was those who weren't native to the forest that scared him. People, other Toa and Matoran. Terilis knew trees, and dirt, and water, but when it came to people he was lost. He hadn't trusted anyone for a long time, and he wasn't planning on starting now. He would just fade back into the caves, or maybe find a secluded place in the forest, and talk to... himself.

Now Terilis began to slow down, the branches whistle disappeared from hearing. He slowed to a stop, and stood there, looking at the ground. But he didn't see the ground, he saw a home turning to nothing, fading from memory, along with those inside. It turned to gray, and vanished into the ground. He shut his eyes, and clenched his fists. He threw back his head and screamed. Once his lungs had expunged all the air they could, he just let himself fall, and the earth welcomed him. He stared at the graying clouds above him, and shut his eyes.

IC - Decaia - Ga-Koro: I am a heartless, soulless, loveless shell without a face, hidden away beneath a mask denoting heart, soul, and love. I have no thoughts or feelings to mark my place here, only darkness to cloud my vision and obscure myself.

Let this mask denote the falseness of my being, for I have little strength left with which to continue this charade...

And so the sinner prayed.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

"Psh, I went down faster than any of you. And I get energized when I sleep well!" I grinned and then glanced at Natalia and Veros. "I didn't interrupt anything, did I?"

"No problem," Veros replied. "What were you going to ask?"

I shrugged. "Or do whatever you want. It's your life, not mine. Live out your life untamed if you wish."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:Darkness.The endless waves of the tempest-tossed sea crash below me. Above, thunder booms as arcs of white lightning flare from one dark cloud to another. The looming thunderheads blanket the sky, drowning out the light and suffocating it in a maelstrom of shadows.I find myself looking up at the raging storm above, as if searching for a light in this world of darkness. The only illumination to be seen comes from the hostile flares of white-hot lightning above, showing me in sudden flashes the endless, looming storm.Suddenly, there is light.Between two of the densest, darkest clouds, a rift has opened - a single crack in the looming barrier of darkness. Beyond it, I can clearly see the night sky above, occupied by gleaming white stars. So stunned am I at the beauty of this spectacle that I find myself staring, jaw agape, at the gap in the dark thunderheads.And then I see... it.In the center of the rift, a red light gleams. My eyes are drawn to it, and I find myself staring into the glow of a red star. The Red Star.I'm not sure how I recognize it, but I can feel that the star is important somehow. As if responding to my gaze, the star flickers momentarily brighter, nearly blinding my dark-adjusted eyes...Suddenly, lightning strikes - and not from the clouds.From the star, a fork of red lightning blasts straight down upon me. I try to dodge it, to get out of the way somehow, but my body refuses to move. I am forced to stand and watch as the bolt of electricity gets closer, closer... and then it strikes.The bolt of crimson power crashes down upon me. I feel the lightning blasting through every last cell in my body, electrocuting my organics and causing my armor to crackle with static. Excruciating pain like none I've ever felt flares through every nerve as the lightning permeates my form, filling me with a strange red energy that sears me from the inside. After what feels like an eternity of electrocution compounded into a mere instant, I shift my view from the sky - and the spectacle that I see shocks me even more than that between the clouds.As I look down at myself, I see crackling arcs of lightning, now turning a light blue, dance down my limbs. To my shock, my limbs seem to respond - their armor lengthens, and I can feel my muscles stretching to fill the gap. I raise my arms in shock, staring at the elongating limbs, but the transformation continues. As the twin sparks reach the ends of my hands, they fragment out into five smaller forks, arcing out to my fingertips, before curling back upon themselves and sinking into my palms.Suddenly, I realize that my fascination with my limbs has blinded me to what is happening to my mask. Somehow, the shape which I had at first - a rounded, circular shape, covered on one side by a three-pointed lens of some type - has begun to change form, into an elongated, more symmetrical shape. I look down at the turbulent sea, and see my mask glowing, emitting an eerie blue light as arcs of lightning crackle up and down its edges. As I watch, the incredible transformation ends, leaving my mask - and myself - infinitely more strange than when it begun. Four final forks of blue lightning leap from the ends of my limbs and into my heartlight, and I feel a surge of raw power flow through me.I don't remember my name, or what exactly I was... but as I stare down at my gleaming white armor, I know what I am now.Toa.My eyes flew open in shock. Above, white clouds drifted lazily through a brilliant blue sky. I raised myself uncertainly to a sitting position, resting my head in one hand. Almost immediately, I felt a throbbing headache - how long I'd had that, I couldn't remember.Come to think of it... I couldn't remember anything.With that realization, I began to panic. My name, where I was - I felt like I should know these things, like I'd been here before, but the memories were just out of my reach. The only thing I remembered with clarity was the dream I'd experienced just before finding myself here.Groaning, I slowly gathered my legs under myself before trying to stand. After several failed attempts to rise, I finally managed to get up to one knee. Placing a hand on the white sands beneath me, I leveraged myself to my feet.Noticing a gleaming object in the sand below, I reached down to grab it. To my surprise, the object was a mask - the same mask I remembered myself wearing at the end of my dream.I turned the white object around in my hands, staring at its features. Somehow, I felt as though this moment was full of importance - as if in donning this mask, I was somehow accepting something. A duty... or, perhaps, a destiny.Finally, I flipped the mask around, staring at the sand through its eyeholes. I took a deep breath... and raised the white helm to my face.Immediately, power surged through me. My previously-tired limbs gained new strength and energy. As I lowered my hand from my face, I noticed that the innermost layer of armor seemed to be... glowing. Sparks seemed to crackle just under its surface, as if I was somehow charged with lightning. At the same time, my mind felt more awake somehow, as if I had just now fully awakened. When I removed my hands, the mask remained firmly attached to my face, giving me a full range of motion without having to worry about keeping it attached.Certain that my mask was settled, I raised my gaze and look around myself. As I had previously noted, I appeared to be on a gentle beach, the sloping sand descending gently into the waves of the sea.Hesitantly, I took a step. My feet crunched against the sand, and I nearly stumbled at first; but after a few moments, I had the hang of walking. I had the feeling that this wasn't something I was used to - it seemed both familiar and unfamiliar at the same time - but I continued to walk inland, away from the tranquil sea...OOC: I know it's odd to introduce a new character at the end of the year, but trying to reconcile this with the likely timeskip for 2013 wouldn't work out very well.Profile for this character:

Name: GlacioSpecies: Toa of IceAlignment: None at the momentMask: A Kanohi of currently unknown power, carved into the shape of a Noble Akaku.Appearance: Glacio stands at a fairly average height for a Toa, only around one Bio. His innermost layer of armor is an unusual shade of electric blue, and constantly emits a faint glow. His outer armor is colored white. His armor has a most unusual build, for currently unknown reasons.Tools: Glacio has no tools or weapons whatsoever.Powers: As a Toa of Ice, Glacio has the ability to create, control, and absorb ice, as well as manipulate cold directly without ice. However, he has literally no training in using his powers, and can make almost no use of them at the present time.Personality: On the whole, Glacio is a very soft-spoken and underconfident Toa. He often underestimates his own abilities and talents as a Toa, which only contributes to his underbearing air and makes it easier for him to be dominated by others.Fighting Style: Glacio has no combat training whatsoever. The best he could attempt on his own would be amateurish punches.Biography: The first thing Glacio remembers at present is awakening on a Ga-Koro beach. Half-forgotten fragments of dreams and memories plague him, but he cannot make much sense of any of them.Strengths: Glacio is very clever and analytical, and is especially good at analyzing others. Time spent as an errand-runner has made him good at blending into crowds all across Mata Nui, as well as moving quickly over both long and short distances. In addition, he is apparently used enough to high temperatures to be able to tolerate them better than most Toa of Ice - though this does not quite overcome his natural weakness to heat, it nonetheless provides a bit more resistance than that of many more skilled Toa.Weakness(es): In addition to being unused to his Toa form, Glacio has little to no combat prowess whatsoever.Status: Currently on a beach near Ga-Koro.

Completely open for interaction.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

IC: Jetzul

The toa of iron solemnly watched the funeral procession go by. Not that he was overly sorrowful or anything; it was just that it was polite to pay his respects to the dead, especially that of a well respected and revered village elder. But still, processions like these always took time, and as a friend of his always told him, "time's-a-wastin'". So Jetzul shortly found himself slipping out of the crowd, heading for the woods. He needed some time by himself to think, to put things in order, to see if he could come up with the answer to the problems that lay before him. The cases were still unsolved, and unlike many times before, there wasn't a clear perpetrator to go gunning down; whoever pulled these murders off was skilled.

Walking through the trees, Jetzul eventually came to the beach. Standing with one foot in the rainforest and another on sand, he looked around, watching the waves wash in, and out. Then he saw a toa of ice walking inland. Just from his behavioural patterns alone Jetzul could tell that he was lost, and maybe not used to walking as well. "Hello sir," he called out to the toa (Glacio). "What brings you to these parts?"

IC (Glacio):"Hello, sir. What brings you to these parts?"I turned my head at the sound of someone's voice. Off to my left stood a lone being - a Toa like myself, I realized. Rather than wearing outer armor like my own, however, he wore a long, black coat over a simple white shirt. What was visible of his armor - his hands, for the most part - was clad in shades of gunmetal and rusty orange. The mask he wore was rounded at the edges, with a pair of openings around the sides of the face.For a moment, I panicked. Could I even speak? Would my voice be too rusted to work, or come out rasping? But once I opened my mouth, the words came without interference."I... don't know," I said. I was pleased with the quality of my voice - neither rough nor raspy; it was even and smooth."I... just awakened over there," I continued hesitantly, indicating the space behind me with my right arm.

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Lenat- Ga-koro

IC: "It would probably be best if you waited until after the Turaga's funeral before asking. I'm sure he won't turn away a potential recruit but, due to his position, he probably will be busy with some thing or another for the entire event. Best not to wait to long after though. I'm expecting a food of villagers will want join so they can avenge their leader."

The Vortixx looked across the street where a group of Matoran looked like they did not know whether to cry or rage against the world for cruelly taking their beloved leader from them.

"I would not wish to be that Skakdi in the coming months. Or a Skakdi, period."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

Rewera once again nodded at Ravage who once more fell silent. Behind the the two of them, the bulk of armour that was Kehua shrugged.

“Sounds like a personal story.” He commented with his deep voice. Rewera agreed with that assessment. But Kehua’s comment also hinted at a wish to hear the whole tale. Something they did not have the time for right now.

“After the funeral.” She said, looking at Ravage, his expression remaining indifferent. Once again, the female Toa was surprised by how similar his mannerisms were to that of the Aitua. She was glad he decided to stay with them. Primarily, because she started to think of him as a friend and secondly, he knew the island better than they did and they could use that kind of knowledge. And he knew more about this ‘Valkyr’ Toa. And Rewera definitely wanted to find out more about her and those with her.

Finally, the procession began to move, the Arete, expressing the appropriate amount of sadness, taking positions around the coffin that was being picked up by four of Ga-Koro’s guards and slowly carried down the cleared path.

Rain began to fall. Rewera could feel the pit-pat of the increasing droplets hitting the soft fabric of her hood and the metal of her armour. The sky was grey, fitting in with the general mood of the scenery.

She motioned to her left with her head to Kehua and Ravage and the trio began to follow the coffin from the sidelines, skilfully slipping past the crowd of grieving Matoran.

-------------------------------

IC:

Kehua, quiet as he preferred it, followed his companions through the onlookers lining the path of the funeral-procession. The rain threw a grey blanket over everything, obscuring everything beyond a certain readius in a grey haze. The opening of Naho-bay as well as the mountains to the west were hidden from view, as if the world around them had shrunk to focus on this funeral.

Kehua however didn’t pay the rain much attention, aside from finding the cool water slightly refreshing. Despite his size, he had no trouble moving past the Matoran without bumping into anyone or otherwise drawing their attention to himself, aside from the odd look now and then when his shadow fell on one of the villagers he walked past.

While Rewera and Ravage were more interested in the Toa guarding the coffin, he took the time to take a closer look at the other beings that had come together to mourn or just watch. There were a few odd ones he noticed. Two Toa sitting atop one of the huts nearby, apparently with some food, despite the rain. Another hooded Toa watching the coffin from behind the crowd, whom he noticed because of her body-language, looking unsure of herself. But the ones he noticed the most were the Ga-Matoran themselves.

As far as he knew, the village had been one of peace and kindness, the mask of its original protector embodying their virtues hewn in stone, overlooking the village from the north. And yet, when he looked into the villagers faces, he saw more than just grief and the pain of loss. He saw anger and a want for revenge.

There was a darkness growing in this village. And it was not the taint of shadow present everywhere on the island, the one he could actually feel. This was something more subconscious. Things were not right here and it was more than just the death of the Turaga or the absence of her aides. Somehow, Kehua felt this was just a catalyst. For what, he didn’t know. But he and the others were going to find out.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

He stared lifelessly at the clouds growing above, seeing them roil and twist with their loads of moisture. Soon he would feel the first light drops of rain on his head, and then the downpour would truly begin. He could feel it, the static in the air growing as the agitated molecules continued to rub together at an accelerated rate. Ga-Wahi had many intense storms, and they were often accompanied by large amounts of lightning. Terilis raised his hand in the air, and green lightning arced out into the sky. He did it carelessly, just out of boredom and depression. Almost as if the lightning had triggered it, the rain began to fall in huge amounts, wetting his entire body.

At this point he did not even dare use his abilities. He knew that the lightning would have little or no effect on him, but it could certainly travel much farther with the conductible rain falling from the clouds above. He could easily fry a bird, or rahi. Mata-Nui forbid he would start a fire by striking a tree. Not only would he have destroyed a part of the home he always loved, but it would likely signal those in the vicinity of the fire, and no doubt some would come to investigate. In reality, this was not a terribly large threat, but Terilis just did NOT want to move, he didn't know if he could. His eyes grew faded an foggy, and if Toa could cry, he would have right there. They would have poured from his mask. But Terilis didn't even know the expression of sorrow through tears as no being in the Matoran Universe does. So he merely laid there with the rain, the mud, and the trees. it did not take long, but he fell to sleep.

IC: Jetzul"Hm? Washed up on the shore?" Jetzul gave Glacio a quizzical look. "We've had a lot of new arrivals on our island recently. Not that many toa though."

IC [Glacio]:N - new arrivals?The idea didn't seem quite right... but I couldn't think of any other option. So I gave a slight nod to show I understood. Suddenly, a question occurred to me."Do they usually... remember anything?" I asked uncertainly.

IC:

Of all people in Ga-Koro, Liara knew what too much blood flow meant. Too much blood flow meant possible organ failure, or organ destruction. Too much blood flow meant that even the time it took to stitch together a laceration was too much time. Too much blood flow meant death, and Liara was sick and tired of death.

So when she had been awoken in the middle of the night by a frantic Ga-Matoran, babbling of a young looking Toa who was spilling blood wherever he walked, Liara wasn't peeved in the slightest to wake up, throw on some quick clothes, and run after the Matoran down to the beach. The young girl slipped away into a group of her peers, sitting by the waves and muttering, whispering. Liara paid them no mind until she came closer to the figure himself, on his knees, attempting to hold the wound. There was something familiar about him, something intimately familiar. Maybe it was the physique, attractive and well-toned even in the dim moonlight. Maybe it was the proud, but casual way he carried himself. Maybe it was the odd glimmer his teeth had when he grimaced in pain.

"What happened?" Liara asked. "What did you do?"

A low chuckle, dark and pained: that was familiar, too.

"Oh, you know...hunting monsters."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND