Epilogue: School Bulletin Board

Name: Daniel O'Connor

Type: Exorcist

Specialization: Banisher/Chanter

Appearance: Brown hair, bowl hairstyle. Green eyes. White complexion. Wears the school uniform, with sneakers. Is about 5' 5".

Personality: Laid back and comedic, is very easily scared. He dislikes people who act snobby.

Biography: Daniel lived a normal life in Ohio, until one day an elemental attacked his hometown, killing his family and many others. He defended himself with a metal Baseball Bat, to little success. This experience caused him to see through The Shroud. He enrolled in Venator academy as soon as he recovered, but has managed to arrive late.

Skills/Abilities: Improvised Combat, used to run track.

Weapons: Wants to learn how to use a sword, can use some improvised weapons, such as pokers or baseball bats to great effectiveness.

Weaknesses: Fairly bad at magic. He highly doubts he will ever be able to fight against any demons, and will often run away rather than fight.

Equipment of note: School Uniform, slightly melted metal Baseball Bat.

Edited by The Lonesome Wanderer

"Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's how Team Gurren rolls!"

BZPRPG PROFILES

Exo-Force RPG Profiles

It's not that bad of a profile, but some of the parts do need to be changed. Some of them are minor, some not so much.

First off, the profile is a little short. That's not going to keep it from being approved, but really, a biography should be longer then three sentences. Try to flesh it out a little, out in a few more details.

Probably also the biggest thing, even if for some reason a Thunderbird wanted to destroy a highway, it couldn't. Unlike what many shows and movies would have you think, lightning does not explode on contact and would be grounded once it hit the pavement. Any other weather it could call up would also be fairly useless since a highway is basically a low to the ground slab of rock.

As was said to somebody earlier, it is very rare for humans themselves to have powers (AKA none of the PCs). Sensing nearby demons falls under that.

Having "He can be hurt by normal things" is not exactly a weakness. You might want to change that.

Last couple of things here, more suggestions then anything else. You might want to put his height in the description, keeping in mind that he is fourteen and still growing. Also, most people have their own weapons rather then just anything that happens toe be nearby at the time. At least partially because there won't always be something nearby to grab. It might help if you said he brought a baseball bat with him or something.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I have a few questions before joining this:

What exactly is the point of hunters, I mean it seems to me that a blaster or a banisher could kill any thing a hunter could and more.

What are the limits to humans with powers or special abilities; for instance would someone like Hawkeye with the ability to hit almost anything with his arrows or someone else with a seemingly superhuman ability be allowed.

Can I be a dragon? :D

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

The Exorcists are mainly for dealing with Demons (Elementals, Ghosts, Serfs, etc) while the Hunters are mainly for dealing with Creatures (Vampires, Werewolves, Mermen, etc). Think of the Exorcists as magi or priests and the Hunters as, well, hunters.

I think that would be iffy. For the Hawkeye example, it could just be that he's practiced a lot and that he's naturally good at it. But humans, outside of exorcism, don't really have powers in this RPG.

Edited by Crimson Superball

Could someone be both like a hunter that has a sword that can harm demons?

And what about characters descended from legendary heroes of the past, are they allowed?

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

I have a few questions before joining this:

What exactly is the point of hunters, I mean it seems to me that a blaster or a banisher could kill any thing a hunter could and more.

What are the limits to humans with powers or special abilities; for instance would someone like Hawkeye with the ability to hit almost anything with his arrows or someone else with a seemingly superhuman ability be allowed.

Can I be a dragon? :D

Dragons are explicitly forbidden, as stated in the first post, wherein it is mentioned that dragons are long gone. Or perhaps that was said elsewhere.

Humans do not have abilities in and of themselves. This is something that has been discussed quite often over the past two pages, but the bottom line is that their abilities stem from weapons or other power sources, not themselves. In short, the limitation is everything. They don't have personal powers. Things like Hawkeye's accuracy would most likely not be allowed, because frankly, they're so ludicrous that most people think they are a superpower. Humans have normal abilities, things within what a human could actually do. That's the final call, as made last page.

Hunters kill their targets, and deal primarily in rogue Nobles or other creatures. Exorcists deal primarily in exorcising the target, and thus, focus primarily on demons and other similar beings. Blasters can't deal with, say, a vampire as easily as a Hunter, because their tricks are meant to deal with demons. So attacking a vampire with a Blaster's weaponry would be like attacking it with a normal gun.

Could someone be both like a hunter that has a sword that can harm demons?

And what about characters descended from legendary heroes of the past, are they allowed?

Some overlap has been stated to be allowed, but ultimately, it merely means that they're weaker in both areas. Because it is a matter of training. So if you trained in both Exorcist and Hunter abilities, then you're going to be weaker at both than if you had devoted your energy to one.Characters descended from legendary heroes would likely be frowned upon. It is confirmed that some heroes existed, and their weapons do get passed down in some cases. But there are no actual descendants of those heroes thus far, and I suspect it would take a truly spectacular profile to get them to be allowed.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Alright. I have some concerns pertaining to balance in regards to modern technology that have gone unaddressed, My playstyle, favoring modern technology, is not suited to this RPG. I hate to leave after coming back, but consider Katherine gone. She's somewhere with Blackstone now or hopping ship to another RPG.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

More like I don't mesh with the RPG well. At all. I like very specific types of fantasy and this RPG, it has become clear, is not that type. If I remained, it wouldn't be that fun for me. I play to challenge myself and have fun, and normally, the two go hand in hand.

I didn't handle the situation here as well as I could have, I chose a bad time to withdraw and really should have asked the GM more about technology instead of assuming it'd go with a style I liked.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

"Dude, my hallucinations are wonkier than usual. Did you spike my egg and cocoa sandwich with anything trippy?"
Name: Yoikei Majsueir
Type: Noble
Species: Bugbear
Appearance: The sexiest goblinoid creature in the universe, Yoikei is an incredibly attractive member of the Bugbear species, especially with such dashing and well-groomed fur. Although frightening to the little children of the British Isles, he is a handsome guy who does not look very intimidating whatsoever. After all, he's simply a small bear-like goblin with menacing, sickly-green eyes, and dark grey claws that reach out to tear out your soul - nothing that frightening. Of course, being a friend to all children, Yoikei does not wish for them to fear him during the day (he only does the night shift for scaring duties), so is capable of using his shapeshifting powers to morph into a nondescript teenager standing at a height of a metre fifty, wearing what appears to be a hot pink space suit topped off with a cute bear-themed helmet that does not show his face in any way.
Personality: "Eccentric" is one of the more accurate terms to describe Yoikei, although it can be said that the term "eccentric" works only for rich people, and seeing that our furry friend is only a member of the middle-class, it would be better to say that he is "madder than a hatter", although said Hatter would disagree, having found the Bugbear too maddening when he descended into Wonderland on an adventure that can only be found in picture books. After all, Yoikei is a being who revels in the chaos of day-to-day life, and especially enjoys hallucinating about the strangest of subjects, being capable of doing so without the assistance of any substances. Not that he needs any: his diet of ... something ... is already too strange, so nothing more can help. Not that he cares - it's a well-established fact that eccentrics don't care about anything!
Biography: The latest in the Majsuier family, servants of the Isles' Seelie Court, Yoikei is determined to honour the legacy of his ancestors ... in his own special way. He has vowed to instill in every British child a fear of bugbears by the end of the fourth millenium, and will do anything to achieve this task. So it was due to this that he, with the support of his parents, decided to enroll himself in the prestigious Venator Academy, where his sister had rented a lawnmower from years prior. At the Academy, he would learn to polish his great Bugbear-ing skills, and will continue to do so for the rest of his life if possible.
Well, that's what people assume he's trying to do. Because really, who can truly understand his thought processes?
Skills/Abilities: Yoikei can eat sixty-five cans of Marmite in under twelve seconds, which is a trait common amongst the Bugbear species (the capability of eating large quantities of Marmite). As a Bugbear, he is also capable of shapeshifting, although is currently limited to switching between his two main forms and many different variations of small objects such as soda cans, as well as minor teleportation. One of the skills unique to him is the ability to produce butter on demand, although he is limited to how much orange juice is present in his system at the time.
Weapons: N/A
Weaknesses: Yoikei can be easily distracted, and is rather unwieldy in physical combat.
Edited by Content with Life

Sorry guys, I've been busy the past two days, so while you may have seen posting here and there, they were mainly short posts I could make off my phone and stuff.

Anyhow starting from the bottom thing I see to the top:

@Hubert: You already explained to me the extents of his teleportation and butter production, but I'll need you to write that into the profile, also just one thing, how is a pink space suit a modification of the school uniform? However considering that's a minor fix I'm willing to approve Bugbear for now, just make sure you add that in before posting. Bugbear Approved.

@takanuvainika: Yeah, CM and Kray basically covered everything(so thanks guys). A couple things I will point out that weren't as well described, Dragons are indeed forbidden and are considered Epic Creatures. However unlike what Krayzikk said, they aren't gone, Humanity just has no clue where they're hiding or what they're doing. Dragons have pretty much abandoned both sides of the conflict because they hate Humanity for many of the Dragon purges in the past, but don't want be the Demons pawns. They're still essentially a volatile nuke both sides fear.

As for Legendary Heroes, here's the main reason they can't be allowed. As Kray and CM stated Humans rarely have powers of they're own, they generally gain them via artifacts and contracts. The exception to this rule: Heroes. Many Legendary Heroes of the past did have powers for some reason or the other, however as such descendants would most likely have at least some fragment of that power, that's something you'll be hard pressed to get me to approve.

@Wanderer: I'll still need you to expand the Personality and Bio a bit more, in addition be more specific in terms of his skills. Improvised combat? What does that mean, its an extremely generic term, and how good is he at such a thing?

@Everyone: Anyhow, I'll be getting back to posting later today, I've noticed they're haven't been too many posts from those currently in a game and I'm assuming that's because you guys still need some sort of idea of how to handle it, so I'll make sure to do that. Also slight change to the roster to account for Katherine's departure:

Alistair and Bugbear are now partners.

I'msorrykray

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Sorry, that was me being lazy and using contract instead of ritual and hoping it would pass. Her power is no where near that strong. She can't level buildings. And even if she could, lets say by weakening the said building by it's supports until it crushed itself, the level of severity of the injury/injuries she would sustain therein would likely kill her. She can't just kill a massive amount of people. Altering a large group would be dangerous and would probably leave her highly wounded and possibly unconsicous, so the sheer amount of numbers alone in a massive group would probably kill her. Most uses of her ability as you envision them would cause her to die. Her ability harms her with every use, the bigger it is the worse. Nothing makes it easier, size or number, whether she builds her way up or starts large, more is worse. Her isn't that confusing.

Her parents agreed on her having both last names, Kaiyuki is her first name and Ciel-Rose - which is one name by the way and means Skyrose in french - is her middle she just uses it as her first.

She weighs about 150 lbs, give or take a few. 300 pounds isn't that much some bodybuilders lift more all the time. Ronnie Coleman. Her exact limit hasn't been tested but that doesn't mean that's not it.

For the shape-shifting, I'll knock it down to two animals.

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

Ok here's my profile.

Name: Eric Wulfgang

Type: Hunter

Specialization: He wants to eventually become a slayer but in the meantime is looking into other things including some branches of exorcist.

Appearance: If you tried to describe him in one word it would be huge. He stands at a towering 7 feet tall with broad shoulders, steel blue eyes, and brown hair. He wears the school uniform but he ordered his a size bigger to accommodate his chain mail, he also has the tie loosened and the top button undone because of his collar. He wears a gold collar inscribed with strange runes that he rarely takes off.

Personality: He is strong (obviously), courageous, cheerful, honest, slow to anger, quick to forgive. He is very athletic and loves to wrestle, run, swim, climb, etc. His hero is Beowulf whom he tries to pattern himself after. He prefers to take action rather then standing around waiting and the reason he wears armour is because he likes to get right in the thick of a fight. He is often frustrated by demons that he can’t touch.

Biography: He was born in Sweden to parents who had nothing to do with demons or exorcists, however when Eric was 4 he and his parents got into a car accident and would have been killed if not for a free floater demon with telekinetic powers who protected them from harm. This sparked his ability to see through the shroud (his parents as well but to a much lesser extent), unfortunately this also meant that other demons and such began to target him, especially a few imps that had lived around his town for a long time loved to pick on him, making trouble that he would get blamed for, causing accidents to happen to him, and things like that. Finally when he was 6 he got fed up and punched one of them right in the face, knocking it flat on its back, this was the beginning of a whole new life for Eric as he had never realised he could hit them before. He started learning everything he could about mythology and the heroes of old, his favourite was Beowulf whom he idolised and he took it upon himself to his neighbourhood of creatures just like Beowulf would, then his town.

By the time he was 10, creatures were actually coming to see just how strong this boy was. By the time he was 13 he was getting in over his head as no matter how hard he trained, the creatures were just too much stronger then him, that’s when he was visited by the same free floating demon who saved him when he was 4. The demon’s name was Triac and apparently he had been around for a long time, impressed with Eric he decided to show him the way to something that would help him. Triac led Eric to a hill next to the ocean and instructed him to dig.

And dig he did, eventually he got down to a huge layer of rocks which he had to move. For a whole week he was digging and moving rocks before he found something, just a few gold coins but it was still something, after another day of moving rocks he had uncovered a lot of treasure until finally he found what Triac had told him about: a golden collar inscribed with many runes. He also took a mail shirt, a sword, and a dagger, the rest he mostly left (he may have kept a few gold trinkets or jewels but that’s not important). With the power of the collar he was strong enough to fight off the creatures, but he rarely used the sword.

When he was 15 he was invited to the academy but was late because his ship was attacked by a sea monster, before the hunter on board could react Eric dove in, surprising everyone, and stabbed the monster to death but in the process broke his sword. No one was harmed but the ship had to go back for repairs.

Skills/Abilities: His most significant ability is his incredible strength, he was very strong without the collar but collar but with it his strength would easily be considered superhuman, he has already wrestled and beaten werewolves (Albeit they weren't the strongest werewolves but they were still werewolves). He is a powerful and skilled wrestler. He is an excellent swimmer and can hold his breath for a long time. He has been practicing throwing knives, axes, and pretty much everything else he can throw.

Weapons: His ancient golden collar gives him enhanced strength beyond his normal limits. (Basically it’s a Pakari.)

A mail shirt that although it is old it is well made and will easily turn a dagger or a claw, even a weak hand gun would probably not completely penetrate; he will probably be replacing this with better, more modern armour.

He has a well made dagger that is not to fancy, most likely made for a wealthy Viking. He carries it with him most of the time but only uses it when he has to.

He used to have a sword but it broke in a battle and he is currently looking for a new one.

Weaknesses: He prefers to be right in the thick of things and this can get him overwhelmed, he will also push himself past his limits and could hurt himself badly. He views sneak attacks and lying as cowardly and as such won’t use such tactics.

Edited by Takanuvainika

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

Uh, Vainika?By removing the upper limits of his strength, he is literally tearing his muscles and pulverizing his bones ever time he uses that power. There are biological limits in place for a reason; without them, we run the risk of tearing the muscles from the bone and causing irreparable harm to our bodies.In other words, he is causing untold damage to his body every time he uses that. And since you make it clear that he has none of the subpowers associated with strength, he is shattering his own bones every time he hits something with that strength.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

People can push past their limits and hurt themselves on their own, the collar allows him to pass his limits without hurting himself, increasing the strength of the rest of his body to keep up.

Thanks for pointing that out, I couldn't figure out how to explain that before.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

It isn't my place to pass judgement, but...As it stands, that seems really, really overpowered. It basically makes it so that he can get infinitely stronger, with no adverse effects. For reference, the only other stat boosting item in the game only boosts to a maximum of two times normal strength, and it tires the user out much faster than normal. In contrast, this makes it so that he doesn't run the risk of straining his muscles, and he can just keep getting stronger, and stronger, and stronger. He'll never reach an upper limit, and since he has no upper limit, he suffers no ill effects from trying to lift something that he shouldn't be able to.Plus, you make it so his body suffers no adverse effects. Which means that punching something will never hurt him like it would a normal person, and it makes his bones and skin strong enough to withstand impacts of far greater magnitude than the normal body. Which basically turns him into a tank with no upper strength limit.Like I said, I'm not staff so I can't comment, but I see a lot of room for power abuse with an already kinda OP power. Seeing as most students don't actually have stat boosts, or increases in durability.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Name: Haya Yamaki

Type: Hunter

Specialization: Tracker, Noble hunter, possibly Tamer in the future.

Appearance: Long black hair, light brown eyes, not quite six feet. Thin build but makes up for it with slightly bulked muscles for a girl. Wears school uniform most of the time. When hunting (At least before she came to school) wears silk under a Kevlar suit with dark purple plastic armour plates covering her fore arms and such but not her joints leaving large gaps to allow maximum mobility. While in armour she wears her boomerang on her back, Katana on her right side and Wakizashi on her left. The front thigh plates are slightly thicker to hide a dagger under the armour on her right side.

Personality: She has a sense of loyalty and honour. She’s afraid of failure and disappointing others especially those she looks up to. She’s kind, but not much for parties. Kind of a hero worshiper to her older brother. Because of her past she doesn’t really like creatures, even the nobles in school she does not feel comfortable around.

Biography: She was raised in a creature hunting clan with a long and respected ancestry in Japan. She was raised a lot with her legendary parents and her older brother, but as she grew more and more she looked up to her brother, eventually her brother took up most her training. Once she was old enough, her parents continued travelling and left her and most the rest of her training in the hands of her brother. As time went on her brother became a noble hunter and she followed after him. She was saved by her brother on several occasions. At one time her brother gave her a short flatish knife/dagger to fit under her armour.

At one fateful hunt she and several other clan members (not including her brother) were hunting a Werewolf pack and followed them to their den where they met a stronger defense than anticipated, as hard as she fought she was losing, the other hunters, who were spread out, retreated. She was overwhelmed by the numbers and strength of them, she was nearly unconscious but before they could literally tear her apart, a noble took mercy on her and stopped the rest of the wolves, she was collapsed, kind of, even though she was nearly unconscious she still looked like she was fighting and she wasn’t still. The noble squatted down next to her and just as he reached out to her, she sprang and swung her Wakizashi, he jumped back but got a scratch on his left cheek with her silver coated sword, she collapsed.

She woke up after being unconscious for several hours with the noble watching over her, Anyone else probably would have killed her, torn her to shreds, or have eaten her. After several more hours of recovering and being to scared to move or talk the noble broke the stillness. After talking to the noble, she learned that he didn’t want more killing, and she felt guilty, realizing that he had spared her after she was hunting his family. The noble brought a motorbike for her to take just before the hunters came back quicker than what was expected. The defences that had worked last time were penetrated, causing the other wolves to call for help. Before the noble ran off she gave him a distress flare to trick the hunter and told him which way to retreat everyone was best and safest.

She took the bike and drove off. She was beaten, spared by those she didn’t deserve mercy from, and tricked her family to save killers. To ashamed to go home she applied to the school to start anew until she was able to redeem herself. Asking the school not raise any attention of her joining.

Skills/Abilities: She is skilled in sword play and duel wielding and throwing her bomorang. She is extremely agile and does gymnastics. She is semi skilled in hand to hand combat, she is very strong for her age and size and utilizes this in combat. She is semi fluent in English.

Weapons: On her left side is a Katana, and a Wakizashi on her right. A large steel boomerang measuring one and one-half feet from end to end, on one side the blade turns into a handle and than back into a blade making it so that which ever way it lands will stick in (it does not return to her hand when thrown). All her weapons are coated with silver. She also has a dagger made to fit under her amour against her leg, not only is it coated with silver but also has decorative engravings in the blade (all the way through) with silver filling them, it’s handle is gold, silver and steel in a decorative pattern, though the knife is polished to see your reflection the handle is designed to have grip. When wearing the school uniform she only caries her dagger.

Weaknesses: She’s still not very experienced. Sometimes lets her emotions get the best of her. Her endurance isn’t as strong as some.

Edited by light Laser

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

Profiles Time!

@Takanuvainika Krayzikk is right, power is overpowered. Also punching Demons, yeah no, to actually harm a demon you generally need some sort of enchantment, so if you want to punch demons to death, use enchanted gauntlets or something that'll allow you to hurt them. The most you could probably do without an enchantment is maybe knock them back, but you won't really hurt them. Seven feet tall at 15 is ridiculous, also in his bio you state that he beat a sea monster faster than a trained hunter? The students in this academy, in comparison to trained hunters and teachers, are on a much lower level.

@lightLaser Not sure how she's even slightly a Tamer, also she doesn't have to speak English, but good luck interacting with others or understanding announcements from people like the Headmaster. Now on to the Bio, rule of thumb, don't set up your biographies like a story. If there's lots of dialogue and actions going on in there, it becomes difficult to understand. Just stick with factually describing what happened in the past.

@Vengent I still find the power rather strong, she can weaken objects in exchange for an injury, that much would be fine depending on the extent of said power. However she can also summon other Demons and she can increase her abilities by merging with another being?

As for Noel, 300 pounds is a lot, even if some professional weight lifters can do so, that still doesn't mean that the average students and stuff can do so. Now you're saying she can lift at least 450 pounds normally? That's not even taking into account the power boosts from taking in blood. That's the ridiculous. Many male Bengal tigers weight that much.

Anyone else I need to respond to?

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

It might just be me but when you run around at night hunting mythical creatures with feudal weapons does it really matter, and it's not like they would carry a drivers license with them at least not a real one.

But if it's that important I can change it.

If wise man uses words, and strong man hits things, a wise strong man hits words.

Wait that doesn't seem right.

lhikan_banner.png

@Takanuvainika Krayzikk is right, power is overpowered. Also punching Demons, yeah no, to actually harm a demon you generally need some sort of enchantment, so if you want to punch demons to death, use enchanted gauntlets or something that'll allow you to hurt them. The most you could probably do without an enchantment is maybe knock them back, but you won't really hurt them. Seven feet tall at 15 is ridiculous, also in his bio you state that he beat a sea monster faster than a trained hunter? The students in this academy, in comparison to trained hunters and teachers, are on a much lower level.

I removed all that stuff, now his collar just enhances his strength just like a Pakari, I'm not sure how strong is too strong so I didn't say what his max was instead I'd rather just try to play it not overpowered.

I thought I said he only fought creatures but I could have made a mistake, also I wasn't sure if Imps were demons or creatures.

Seven feet tall at 15 is not that ridiculous, I was over six feet tall at 15 and I've met people taller then me, also the hunter on board could have easily taken care of the sea monster, he just wasn't brave or stupid enough to dive into the ocean with a sea monster armed with only an unenchanted sword. Besides the hunter could have been doing something else at the time of the attack or he could have just been on the wrong side of the ship, simple as that.

Also I think you were talking to Light Laser about the minimum driving age in Japan.

Then I went on BZPower.

Just call me Taka or TNI

Seven feet tall at fifteen is extremely ridiculous. Vainika, over six feet is considered tall. I know people that tall, and even when they max out, they're never going to top six and a half feet. Reaching seven feet in and of itself is rare, but at fifteen?It is as close to biologically impossible as it can get without being outright impossible. And there are real medical conditions that result simply because one gets that tall, not to mention the practical issues.EDIT: And uh....You had it right when you said "stupid", because that's what jumping into the water to fight a sea monster as a novice is. Suicidal, actually. Onarax has said again and again that the students, no matter what you might want to think, are not even close to the same level as a graduate. There is a vast difference in power.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

The seven feet tall at fifteen thing isn't really that impossible. Just typing in those keywords pops up some fourteen year old kid in India who is seven feet tall and wants to join the NBA.

It is, however, ridiculously rare. There are also plenty of health problems that come with it, and it would honestly get more in the way than anything else in terms of actually trying to participate in combat. Even being over six feet can start causing problems over time; the least of these is the much lower lifespan.

The worlds tallest man only lived to be twenty-two you know.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Welp. This next profile has been in the works for quite some time.

Name: Annabeth Cross
Type: Exorcist
Specialization: Chanter, with some questionably Blaster/Banisher backup abilities.
Appearance: The first thing you need to know about Annabeth is simple; She is very, very good at going unnoticed. She isn't invisible, she isn't even stealthy; you just never notice her. She sticks to the outskirts, she sticks to the edges of society, and if she has something to say, chances are she won't. She stands at a roughly average height, perhaps slightly taller than the average student. She has a fairly average build, though it is clear that she is more athletic than the average member of her age group. She has long black hair, almost halfway down her back. Her eyes, normally aimed firmly at the ground, are hazel in color, and she wears the school uniform completely unaltered, though she wears it with the long sleeves present, without exception, no matter how hot it is.
Personality: Annabeth is not outgoing in the slightest. Where others would make an effort at socializing, getting to know someone, she stands at the edge of the crowd, leaving as soon as she gets the chance. "Meek" and "shy" don't seem to cover it, to the point where she seems positively terrified of getting to know someone else. Even in the midst of one of her fits of weakness, she never asks for help, and it seems unlikely that she would know what to do if anyone offered.
Biography: To the school's population, Annabeth's background is completely unknown. Both because she won't talk about it, and because she only just arrived. However, even just after her arrival, theories and questions abound; Why won't she talk to anyone? Why does she occasionally almost collapse? What's wrong with her?
Only the Headmaster knows for sure, and he won't talk. But the truth is far, far worse than the theories. Annabeth was born into a prominent family of Exorcists, one well known for spectacular abilities and competency. But when she was young, something went wrong. Her parents didn't know how, or when, or why, but as soon as she discovered her training, they found that she wasn't alone in her own head. A demonic entity of unknown origin resided within her, and nothing they tried could remove it. At first, it wasn't a major problem. Every now and again, she would be angrier than normal, or an attempt at using an ability would result in a power most certainly not on the side of the angels. But then it got worse. By the age of ten, the entity would take over her body at random, and no amount of resistance would stop it. By eleven, it took over on an almost weekly basis, and it began to manifest its own abilities. Something had to be done.
So they took the most effective course of action that they could. Annabeth's gauntlets, meant to be her weapons, were made her shackles. They aid in keeping the entity locked inside, but at a great cost; Annabeth is prone to fits of weakness, periods that manifest in a multitude of forms, each one of them detrimental. Every time it tries to escape, the gauntlets draws on her own vitality to keep it at bay. After an unknown event, the Crosses, normally known for training their children from home, sent her to the Academy.
Skills/Abilities: Annabeth is a decent Chanter, but it only takes a glance to know that it's not what she was meant to do. Her weaknesses prevent her from making use of her true abilities, but she is clever, and a decent hand to hand combatant, as long as she isn't overtaken by her own weakness. But she was meant to be a Banisher or a Blaster, and it shows. On the rare occasion that she is freed from her metaphorical shackles, she shows an astounding speed and strength, attributes only amplified by her gauntlets' original uses. However, there are two sides to every coin. When the entity takes control, her abilities are much the same, but the reason for them is much more sinister; the entity leeches the strength from those around it to increase its own physical attributes. In a secluded setting, this is deadly; it will draw more and more from each individual to maintain its augmentation. The more people, the less it draws from each. Its increase in strength, however, is not very high; up to one and a half times its own abilities, depending on how much power it draws.
Weapons: Annabeth's only weapons are the gauntlets mounted on her wrist. Slim, they are ornately crafted and of the highest quality. In their normal state, they are a sickly gray, as if all the life has been sucked away from their color. They are meant to keep the demon restrained by restraining Annabeth herself. In this state, they keep her weak and unable to use their true abilities. However, they cannot always succeed. If the restraint is temporarily broken, their gold color will surge back along with Annabeth's strength, and they can be used as they were meant to be. The touch of Annabeth's fist is inherently painful to any creature of demonic origin, but that is not their primary use; through use of two enchantment aided tubes, one forward facing one rear, they can add significant force to a punch or elbow attack, making use of an almost recoil-like effect. When the forward facing one is used, it can manifest almost like a blast of compressed energy, with enough force to make a foe stagger back. If the entity takes over, while these effects are maintained, they take on a malevolent black color.
Weaknesses: Annabeth's gauntlets are her curse. They keep her weak, and she is prone to fits of extreme weakness. Though the symptoms vary, they have been known to render her incapable of standing on her own two feet. Due to this, she is next to useless if the enemy gets close. If her gauntlets' restraints are broken, then she becomes extremely susceptible to a takeover by the entity.
Name: Unknown
Type: Demon
Classification: Unknown
Appearance: When the entity takes over, Annabeth's posture instantly straightens, and her usually meek demeanor vanishes. Though there are few physical signs, it projects an almost palpable aura of something just plain... Wrong, and it draws strength from those around it, slowly making them weaker with each successive moment.
Personality: The entity is almost always silent, working to escape from the inside. But when he makes his presence known... The entity is malevolent, in malevolence's purest form. It causes pain and death with not a second thought, and its very presence feels inherently wrong. No one knows what he is... And a good many people never want to find out.
Biography: The entity appeared under unknown circumstances, slowly gaining more and more of a hold in Annabeth's body, and growing stronger with each passing year. He has been fairly dormant for a while, but it is not expected to last.
Weaknesses: The entity has two primary weaknesses. First of all, it is susceptible to attacks of a holy nature, just like any other demon. Second, it has to draw on the strength of others to fuel its own augmentation. So while a one on one confrontation is riskier for his opponent, it also weakens him; no matter how much energy he tries to leech, it can't compare to his strength when he is around a group.
I apologize for any spelling or grammatical errors, but I wrote this at two in the morning when the majority of the character hit me.(See, Onarax? I bolded the headings. You're welcome.)

fK5oqYf.jpg