BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC: Viloz

If there was one thing that genuinely freaked me out more than boss-lady, it was the Dark Walk. I might have felt a little more secure if I'd swung a sword at a few bad guys for practice, but the past several months had converted me into a chef (a good one too) instead of the brutal, Skakdi warlord I was destined to be.

Suffice to say, I had to make myself feel better.

An eerie hand suddenly gripped Taoki's shoulder.

"Boo."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IC: Akili.

"I like it here," she said enthusiastically, "lots of fresh air." 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Kajak from Onu-Wahi

IC: Kajak (Kini-Nui)

"The Vault is apparently the current centre of evil on this island," Kajak replied. "We're a Toa Team- and not an evil one- therefore, we should be trying to disrupt evil. So my plans are to try and get in there and cause as much as destruction as possible. Any objections?"

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Fionne from Onu

The Onu-Toa had to agree with Akili... the Kini was certainly a beautiful and interesting place.

But they weren't here for the scenery.

Kajak's words seemed to reach his ears a bit later than everyone else, but in truth, he just wasn't sure how to respond at first.  Quite honestly, he hadn't been paying a lot of attention in Onu-Wahi, and now here he was, with 5 other Toa he barely remembered about to fight some sort of evil.  Things were starting to come back to him though; the other Akari were seeming more familiar, making him a bit more sure of his situation.  So, after clearing his throat, he was ready to take this a bit more seriously.  He had to admit, there was at least one thing he and Kajak could agree on.  "Well, you're right about one thing.  We are Toa, aren't we? And that's what Toa do, right?" He stretched his arms for a moment.  "Besides, I'm sure we could all use a bit of practice eh?"  A pause.  To be honest, he wasn't exactly sure what they were getting each other into.  "We should exercise caution, however.  This land is foreign to us, and it would do us benefit to watch our step, don't you agree?" He figured Tsuda had a point, in his own way, and he chuckled dryly.  "After all, I too would like to keep my life, thank you very much."

Edited by Pancake

"a b c d e f g, Rahkshi are my enemy.

Some are black, some are blue.

That one's chewing on my shoe.

Now I'm running for my life,

One of the Rahkshi has a knife!"

~ My 8 year old sister

BZPRPG PROFILES

Tukeli [+Kiru]

CORPUS RAHKSHI

Sohnii

IC: Taoki - Kini-Nui

Taoki scowled at his companions before softening up again, "Maybe. If the rumors about this place are true you guys will probably have to fight."

He paused, "I mean we will have to fight ha ha!"  ha ha h a h a  hh        a his laugh was clearly forced.

Taoki shook his head, his fingers tightening around the strap of his bag. He gulped, "I hope we can avoid altercations?"

IC: Tio - Kini-Nui

I was silently objecting every step of the way. The land was beautiful, but I wasn't interested in taking the in the scenery.

It wasn't until we were now at the temple that I spoke up, "We're no use dead Kajak," my voice was cold and hard as I passed my companions, "I won't let us get killed because we don't know what we're up against. It would be foolish."

I stopped and turned around to face the others, crossing my arms, "At the very least, with the first sign of failure we should retreat. This place could be way out of our league just as likely as it is to be beneath it." my gaze was hot-cold.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC (Rhow):

"Since you're so eager Taoki," Rhow replied, while scanning the tunnel with her nightvision, "first Rahkshi shows its face, you get dibs."

They moved deeper into the networks of tunnels, sticking to those paths that kept leading them relatively straight The residual light from outside faded more and more, which didn't bother Rhow. She just hoped Taoki knew what he was doing.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Taoki - Kini-Nui

Taoki stopped midstep. His spines were straight up on his back and his face was frozen in fear.

After a moment of listening without breathing - breathing just makes noise how can you hear anything when you breath so loud - he began to fumble into his pack.

He reached in and pulled out a light-stone, filling the cave with light.

The group looked down the tunnel to see...

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: The Heretic - Kini Nui temple grounds.

Seeing the group of newcomers (The Toa Akari) arrive and begin talking, the Lesterin priest approached the group. "Greetings, heroes," he gave a short bow, "what brings you all to this hallowed ground?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Kajak (Kini-Nui)

Kajak sighed wearily. "You all make good points," he said. "And yes, I too would like to go on breathing.  But this is my only idea of something we could do that has the potential to make a difference- does anyone else have any ideas?"

Turning at The Heretic's approach, Kajak made a short nod in response to the Lesterin's bow. "I could ask you the same thing," he replied cautiously.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: The Heretic.

"I am a priest, good Toa." 

IC Tsuda

Lacking the tact of his gelid comrade, Tsuda posed the question she had not. "A priest for who?" Mata-Nui was the obvious answer, but all he had learned of this land pointed towards much less savory beings making the old temple their home. So he of course had his doubts as to his alignment.

...but close to it

"Darkness...." he paused for a moment to gauge their reactions before continuing, "....and light." 

IC: Trauer

Rest turned to sleep, sleep turned to dreams. In the light of the sun and the shadow of beauty, Trauer slept and dreamed.

He dreamed of the dark. Of darkness. Of love. Of sorrow. Of pain.

Of weakness.

He screamed and struggled within the inky blackness of his mind, drifting through memories of things he could not control. His heart wretched and expelled his love into a broken and absent vessel, a vessel broken and stolen that could have been mended and returned. But one had denied him that singular comfort, and his love spilled into the nothingness, never to be held by another and never to be retrieved.

With his own vessel empty, there was a vacancy, a room that needed filling. But the vacancy endured, and a hunger drove Trauer to aimless wandering.

To this temple to the one who should have been able to help, but who had really been the problem all along. To a heretical priest whose strange view of morality tried to fill the emptiness within Trauer, but struck the bottom the bottom and evaporated instantly. The vapor satisfied the need for a while, but it so quickly escaped. Left the hole behind.

He was still empty, here, in the shadow of light, of good.

In the mouth of evil.

Trauer's eyes snapped open. During his rest--if it could be called that--he had ended up in a fetal position. His rapid breathing accompanied a shivering chill.

He ached.

Trauer unfolded his body and rolled onto his back. He was still cold and still breathing hard, but he could feel himself calming. Warming.

Hate.

He sat up, realizing that he needed to move. He didn't have a destination in mind, he just needed to move.

He scrambled to his feet and started walking, his eyes fixed on the ground. His pace was too quick and he knew he should be worried about walking into something, but some strange instinct was driving his body. His consciousness lagged behind, watching indifferently as his body--no, his soul--moved forward, some unknown purpose in mind.

Darkness.

Trauer's body stopped, and his mind caught up to his body--soul. He looked up and found himself staring into into the entrance to the Dark Walk.

It's down there. What you need? It's down there.

Trauer shuddered. What do I need?

A taste.

• Upvote 3

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

"Look around you." he gestured widely, to the trees, to the ground, to the sun and even to the Toa's own shadows, "There is both light and darkness in equal measure. This temple to Mata Nui is built above the underground lair of Makuta himself." 

IC: Trauer

Trauer swayed on his feet. He could feel the light behind him. Its comfort. Its warmth. He wanted that, but he needed what lay in the darkness.

And just what is that?

Strength.

Trauer swallowed. He didn't really know that, now did he? There could just be Rahkshi, Skakdi, and a large mechanical being that could crush him with little effort. Pain. Suffering. Death.

But the others had sought something. Something that they were willing to risk their lives over. That Skorm had been nearly crushed and he still desired some of that--what was it called? Antidermis?

A taste.

I want that.

Trauer shivered and stepped into the darkness.

I will find strength.

• Upvote 1

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC Tsuda

"Didn't Makuta shove his way down there after the temple was built? Sounds more like expropriation than coexistence." He kept his stance loose and tone light, but behind his impassive gaze his senses were in overdrive. If this lanky toa so much twitched towards a weapon, he'd know.

...but close to it

IC: The Heretic - Kini Nui.

The Lesterin leaned heavily on his stave, sighing disappointedly, "There is potential for both good and evil in all of us," he attempted to explain, pointing at the ground behind the Toa, "even the noblest hero casts a shadow."

IC Tsuda

"So what?" He conjured a mimicking figure of flame behind him, banishing the shadows with the intense light. "Look, now the shadow is gone." The sprite flickered away, "I don't see how simple natural physics applies to the concept of moral light and dark anyways. An object creates a shadow by obstructing light, it cannot prevent this. Moral darkness is easily prevented and not at all a natural byproduct of moral light."

...but close to it

"But both exist, and both are required to maintain balance in this world." 

"The physical shadow was a metaphor," he scowled, his patience momentarily slipping. The sheer number of close-minded individuals living on this island was extremely upsetting. "Regardless, you asked what I preached, and I have answered." 

"For now, yes." 

"Nothing you want, good Toa," the Lesterin said cautiously, "There's nothing down there but darkness and death."