BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC Karna

"Red lightstones dot the tunnels and chambers below, outside light would be useless."

The priest enters the tunnel, within five steps the darkness envelopes him. The air of Mangaia is not so much openly hostile as it is otherworldly and mammoth. You feel as an insect on the skin of a beast far larger than yourself. For it to roll over and crush you, or swat you with it's tail would be no more an act of violence than one of habit or ignorance. The sensation is humbling, there are things much bigger than any one man, no one could enter and retain their prideful illusions of granduer and importance on the cosmic scale.

Karna is aware of these things, he is a less fearful man than most. But the dark around him brings up questions of this endeavor's sanity even in his own mind.

"...Come." He calls out to the others behind him, simple echolocation has told him the tunnel is mostly straight down until intersecting with one of the actual tunnels of Mangaia, hopefully they will find a lightstone there."

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC: The Heretic.

The Lesterin priest dropped down into the tunnel next, the crystals spikes on his stave giving off a faint glow that was barely able to illuminate his immediate surroundings.

"A place of darkness beneath the temple of light." The Heretic mused.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Trauer

Trauer stuck close to his master, pulling his blades off his back. He offered a smile at his master's comment, but it quickly faded. In a place where the darkness felt like a physical presence, it was hard to smile.

• Upvote 1

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: The Recluse

He shook his head derisively. Fools, the lot of them. He couldn't imagine how they could even think of siding with a being who gave off the presence the tunnels did. It simply defied logic. 

Done with the carving, the took his momentary leave of the temple to replenish his elemental reserves. He realized that with a new tunnel opening so close by, Rahkshi could be upon them at any second, and he had used up a large portion of his energies on decorations. He crossed the red clearing, to the edge of the jungle and put his hand to a fallen tree, silently absorbing it. He was disrupting the ecosystem within it, he knew, but there were other places those organisms could hide. He needed the energy, thus was the way of nature.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC Karna

The ground begins to level out, the roughly hewn tunnel opening into a more structured one, running at a diaganol crossways to their own. Red lightstones glimmer in the distance, the light is faint and otherworldly, but will be usable once his eyes have fully adjusted. His skin prickles, his senses all on edge. It feels like a battle raged through here, far too recently for comfort.

...but close to it

"Even the light is twisted in the Dark God's realm..." The Heretic observed, "...it's truly breathtaking."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: "I can appreciate these. The red light preserves night vision, without harming anyone who is sensitive to bright light"

Skorm lowered his hood, and wiped his mask of black ooze.

"You two religious-types seem to know your stuff. What exactly are we looking for in this hole in the ground?"

The times, they are a-changing...

"I'm not certain what awaits us down here," The Heretic admitted, "but the chances of encountering the worshippers of darkness are quite high."

Trauer found Skorm's question to be... odd. Why would he come to Mangaia for allies if he didn't even know what to look for?

He refrained from speaking, however, as he had nothing to add to his master's or Karna's answers.

"Indeed. The simplest power. But what is that, exactly?" The Heretic asked. "If the Vault has indeed been breached, why has no one used this power?"

IC Kotak: "pfeh. Riddles." The ko-Toa spoke disdainfully, but in his mind, he turned over the small phrase again and again, trying to figure out its meaning.

Testing the waters, he asked, "assuming we find this power, here and now, and assuming it can't be split among us. What then? Do we turn on each other in a mad rush for power?"

The Lesterin tensed. "I only wish to see the wonders buried in this mountain, hidden far from the light. If you are all greedy, and wish to slaughter each other over what lies below, feel free to do so. I will not."

IC Karna

"Powers from within the Vault have been used, Lesterin. Makuta's dark blood that corrupts and empowers; frightful Kanohi from legends and nightmares; weapons and technological marvels born from science far beyond modern minds. Power has been steadily leaking from the vault since Makuta's downfall. You need only listen and watch to see it."

The Ko-Toa speaks up, he seems hopeful of finding power within. An unlikely prospect.

"You assume too much, Toa of Ice. Naught but death awaits us down here, if you're sane you would've turned back the moment we entered."

...but close to it

"I will continue my descent."

IC Karna

Karna did not respond to Skorm. The Ba-Toa had the wrong idea in his head, he came here seeking treasure, for lack of a better term. But he did not understand that nothing was given freely in this world, anything he gained down here would cost him something. His allegiance, his blood, perhaps what was left of his soul.

*crunch*

The De-Toa abruptly stopped, he turned to the group, his hand raised to his lips. A signal anyone would recognize.

"Silence."

To his sensitive hearing, faint scrapings were detectable ahead. They were not alone down here. Karna used his elemental energy to deaden the acoustics of the small area of the tunnel they occupied, sound inside would not travel past a few bio.

"I can hear movement in the tunnel. Perhaps one hundred bio ahead, there is at least one bend in the path between us and... Whatever is there."

Edited by Tiragath
  • Upvote 1

...but close to it

IC Karna

"I can hear movement in the tunnel. Perhaps one hundred bio ahead, there is at least one bend in the path between us and... Whatever is there."

IC Kotak: Kotak activated his Akaku, peering through stone to see what was lurking in the tunnels. His Akaku whirred, then chirped once.

"Karz," he muttered.

"It's Rahkshi. Two of them. Is there a way to skirt around them?"

"Two Rahkshi?" The Heretic thought this over, "Makuta's sons have come to greet us."

That wasn't necessarily a good thing...

OOC: Skorm is a Ba-Toa, actually; Bo- is plantlife.

IC: Skorm's saber was already in his hand the moment after Karna spoke. He hadn't encountered rahkshi, just some rumors he had heard traveling the island. He remembered that rahkshi tended to have strange powers, even more varied than elements. "Can you tell what kind they are?"

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

OOC: Sorry, the Bo/Ba and Fe/Fa mess me up sometimes.

IC Karna

"It's Rahkshi. Two of them. Is there a way to skirt around them?"

"I do not see any side tunnels with my mask no. Using echolocation would likely alert them to us, if they are not already. They have Rahi-like heightened senses."

"Can you tell what kind they are?"

One of the makuta-spawn is black and sickly grey, almost bioluminescent in the pitch-dark tunnel. The other is a lighter black streaked in brown the color of rust or dead flesh. The priest has some knowledge of Rahkshi, enough to know their likely powers.

"Density Control and Quick Healing."

...but close to it

OOC: Did you deliberately pick two of the hardest Rahkshi to defeat?

"My staff possesses the ability to create stasis fields," The Heretic offered, "I will not strike the sons of Makuta, but I will not interfere with your fight either. If you wish, I could attempt to contain the quick healer, but I fear I cannot trap the density controller."

Trauer was conflicted. His master had no intention of fighting these Rahkshi, even though they were most likely feral and wouldn't think twice about killing any of them. Pacifism was admirable, but in this case, it seemed foolish. How could his master spread his message if he died because he refused to defend himself? It didn't make sense.

Shaking his head, Trauer stopped debating. He wanted to follow The Heretic and he wanted to learn from The Heretic, but he couldn't do either if either one of them died. No, he would fight. If his master didn't approve, Trauer could apologize later.

As Teren used to say to him, "Ask for forgiveness, not permission."

"I've seen one fight." The Heretic spoke up. "It saved my life from a wild Muaka. The Rahi and Rahkshi tore each other apart."

IC Karna

Saved his life?

More likely was that it had been saving it's next meal.

Renewed sounds, the pair of Rahkshi are moving now. If they had heard them or if it was chance, he could not know. His Akaku showed no change in their expression or body language. They just slowly walked through the tunnel. Zombie-like in their movements.

"They're coming our way, conceal yourself as best you can. We will strike the Quick-Healing rahkshi as soon as it is within range." Karna wriggled into an alcove, the jagged walls producing shadows that broke up his sillhouette. He reached into his satchel, chewing a root with stimulant properties. It had been many years since he last fought. Many more since he had fought anything this dangerous.

Fear made his blood pump fast and furious, he was sure his heart would've been audible ten bio away.

It was exhilarating.

NPC Rahkshi

The Density Control Rahkshi makes a soft, wet clicking noise, communicating to it's brother. They are aware of the presence ahead.

...but close to it

IC: Skorm dropped into a crouch when he saw the two creatures. He slowly sidewalked to the wall, and oriented his gravity field to he was horizontal to the ground, and then so he was sticking on the ceiling. He grabbed his cloak with his off hand to keep it from dangling. He didn't speak a word as he crouched on the ceiling, invisible.