BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC: The Heretic.

"I gave Makuta a second chance. The least I can do is make the same allowance for these beings as well." he got to his feet and walked back towards the temple.

"Greetings, my friends!" he held out his arms, warm and welcoming. "I think we may have gotten off on the wrong foot earlier on. I just want to talk." he took in their faces, noting their expressions before continuing.

"Who is in charge here?"

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Karna

The de-toa emerged into a clearing. The temple of Kini-Nui stood before him. Fields of red grass surrounding it, it had been many, many years since he had last came here.

A group of people were working, repairing and rebuilding parts of the temple. The priest approaches them, picks up a tool and starts working.

...but close to it

IC: Trauer

He watched his master (he reminded himself to ask the Lesterin what his name was when he got the chance) head back toward the temple. Trauer shrugged and followed.

As the Lesterin called out, Trauer took up position a little behind him and to his left and waited. He was a disciple, here to observe and learn.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

"Joske was headed for Ta," I note, ignoring Mr. Curious. I would explain things, but I think they can do that without wasting time. "You follow him." The strangers look like allies. I stock the others anyways, putting three days rations before each and giving them the first-aid kit. 

"Thok is near Onu-Koro. I'll hunt him."

IC (Leah):

A few minutes of lying motionless had started to take an effect and the Toa of water, though sore all over from the cavern-consuming maelstrom she had conjured up to end the fight and bring them to safety, started to move, propping herself up on her elbows, before forcing herself back onto her knees with gritted teeth.

"I am in no condition to chase after Joske Nimil right now." she said. "I will return to Ga-Koro, to recuperate my energies and to inform the villagers of the situation." 

She heaved a sigh, turning towards Reordin. "I guess that leaves the unenviable task of following our destiny-burdened fire-brother to you." 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC Karna

Two Lesterin approach. One a dominant one, the other a follower. The larger one is clad in bright red and green armor and has a noble face. His shining eyes bright and wise. The other is shorter, with dull greyish armor. Someone vague and unrecognizable. Whether on purpose or by nature, the priest cannot be sure.

"Who is in charge here?" The tall one has spoken.

"I do not believe any would claim charge here. Lesterin."

...but close to it

"Well who speaks for you, then?" The Heretic asked. "You must have someone..."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Those around you seem to think otherwise." I directly address the being who had spoken to me. I don't recall seeing his face before. "I tried speaking my mind, and your companions ridiculed me, then turned their backs on me."

"I don't assume anything. I expect to be shown the respect a priest deserves. Especially in a holy place such as this one."

"Makuta," The Heretic waited to guage the Toa's reaction before continuing, "and Mata Nui. Both of the gods."

IC (Leah):

The Toa Maru of water, now back on her feet, turned to Sulov. She placed a reassuring hand on the massive Toa's lower arm. For a splitsecond she contemplated advising caution when going after the Piraka, but then thought better of it and said: "Give Thok my regards. Preferably a shovelpoint. I will see you soon, brother." Sulov Maru did not need to be wished good luck. His opponents, on the other hand, would soon be in dire need. 

Then she stepped back to Reordin and embraced the Toa of ice shortly, accompanied by a quick peck on the cheek. "I'll rejoin you as soon as I can."

With that, she turned and started to walk towards the eastern treeline, exhausted, elementally drained, but still moving with a purpose. 

OOC: Leah to Ga-Wahi.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

"Both gods are needed, for better or worse."

This was better than he'd expected. Sure, this being was clearly sceptical, but he was asking questions, and he was actually listening to the answers.

"This island is at war," The Heretic explained, "because the worshippers of one god cannot or will not tolerate the servants of the other. If both gods had equal standing, and recieved equivalent praise and respect, then there would be no need to fight. Appeasing both gods, I hope, will bring peace and balance to the island."

IC Karna

"People cannot tolerate differences, and they lust for power. If Mata-Nui and Makuta were worshipped equally, a new measure of inequality would be used as a banner to kill and maim under. The collective consciousness of society is barely past that of a cave-dwelling brute. It takes pleasure in causing suffering, scapegoats such as "god" acting as a shield from responsibility for it's crimes."

The priest paused.

"So while noble. I do not think championing equality will save us. The world is shaped by the unseen hand of man. A great spectre born of our collective ill will."

...but close to it

"What would you have me do, then? If I don't try then there's no chance of me accomplishing anything."

He shook his head. "I cannot stand idly by and do nothing."

Now he was intrigued. All thoughts of theology left him, to be replaced by curiosity. "And what has made you this way?" he asked, "That you are so weary of the world and have so little faith in those who inhabit it?"

IC Karna

"I ridicule the Gods because they have made me that way. As a child, my father would speak of beauty; the rare Frostflies in Ko-Wahi, swarms of icey blue sparks that would cover whole glaciers. Ancient forests full of Rahi that coexisted with nature. What was natural and beautiful according to the world."

The priest smiled now, not his previous smirk. But a full bodied grin.

"But, in my heart I longed to see the sparks extinguished. The forests burnt. When I became a priest and doctor, nothing gave me more satisfaction than seeing those brought low, writhing in anguish, mental, spiritual or physical. I denounce any "gods" that would create someone such as I, a being that, were he to follow his instincts, would be nothing but a pariah to be hated and exterminated."

...but close to it

He took an involuntary step back away from the other priest, thinking things over. "But you clearly have not given in to your destructive nature, or you would not be here, helping rebuild this place."

He stepped forward once more. "We all have a purpose in this world. I believe that I have found mine. But have you found yours?"

"Finding truth is a noble cause," The Heretic agreed, "as is finding self and purpose."

IC: Skorm stared at the two. He recognized the De-Toa, Karna, from his time in Ga-Koro. Must have left shortly before him. The other was a being of a species Skorm had seen many times over his travel, and they appeared to be having a conversation. Still under the shroud of his mask, he approached the pair. His tattered cloak no longer dragged on the ground, it had sustained so much damage in his assault. He whispered, knowing the De-Toa would hear it. "Looks like I'm not the only one who decided to leave Ga-Koro."

The times, they are a-changing...

OOC: I had not thought of the comparison until you brought it up. You're right though, a shame I didn't give him some throwing swords.

IC Karna

The Ba-Toa's whisper does not go unnoticed. He looks in the direction it came from. The barest outline of feet and a shadow, present in the distance. The De-Toa considers revealing the other's presence. He can make a guess as to what he seeks in this place, the stench of Makuta is already thick on him, perhaps he wishes to acquiese fully to the dark lord.

...but close to it

"I have not." The Heretic admitted. "I fear the inhabitants may be too hostile to hear me out."

He frowned; the other priest seemed distracted.

OOC: You basically quoted him word-for-word and didn't notice the parallel? O.o Holy, world-loving father, and personal irresistible lust to destroy. That's Kirei in a nutshell!

IC: The Recluse

He followed his gaze impassively.

OOC: I did quote him, just subconsciously... If that makes sense, sometimes you write something that sounds original, but it is just a retelling of a book/song/poem that influenced you strongly. It happens more often in songwriting. It's just been several years since I played the VN or watched F/Z, at least now I can work on making him more my own instead of an expy

IC Karna

"You have to put your life on the line if you wish to accomplish anything."

...but close to it

OOC: I know what you mean. I've done that sort of thing before. 

"Merely by stepping outside in the morning, I expose myself to danger. No one and no place on this island is safe anymore. I myself was once attacked by a wild Muaka not ten bio from where we now stand. Everywhere I go, I put my life on the line. As do you. As does everyone else."

He sighed. "It's not the risk that keeps me out of the Koros, it's the knowledge that no one will listen to me."

IC: Trauer

Trauer silently listened to his master's exchange with the De-Toa. He noticed the De-Toa's sidelong glance, and Trauer followed his gaze. He didn't see anything, not at first, but when he started to look away, he caught something--a shadow, maybe--out of the corner of his eye.

He felt his body go momentarily still. He knew there were masks that could make one invisible. Why was this person watching them? Trauer didn't like it, and he smoothly pulled his quarterstaff off his back. He thumbed the release, snapping both ends out to their full length.

Stepping in between his master and where he thought the invisible figure stood, he said, "Who's there? And why do you watch us unseen?"

After he asked the questions, he began to wonder if there was anybody actually there. He would feel like a fool if there wasn't. Still, better safe than sorry, so he tried to look sure of himself.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

OOC: Skorm's invisibility isn't as effective as I had hoped...

IC: Skorm relaxed and stood up, wiping some of the black liquid off his mask, before deactivating it.

"I watch because I hear this is a dangerous place. Don't know who might slip a knife into your back while you're turned, or sacrifice you to some dead 'god'."

The times, they are a-changing...

IC Karna

"Hello, Skorm. Our friends here are quite the pacifists," he gestures to the two Lesterin. "You need not worry." The Ba-Toa's cloak is tattered, he looks like he has been running for his life. "I assume your business in Ga-Koro did not end well."

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

"A friend of yours?" The Heretic asked Karna, referring to the unstable-looking Toa he'd called Skorm.