BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:Vordes -- Near the gates, by the sound of it

She shrugged. Again. She did that a lot.

"Yeah, I know. Unless it's great carving stone, that's where I sell my finds. I generally don't hang around long, can hardly see down there. Appreciate the free shelter, though."

IC: Farzan (Po-Koro)

"Man, free shelter, been a while since I could look forward to that, now I've got a paid one."

"It's a step up, I think, means I can do whatever I want with it"

Like making space for my projects.

"But I really don't have time to stand around here, I've got a job to do. See you around" 

I took off towards my workshop again"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Vordes

Aaaand there he goes. Mhm. Gone. Vordes crossed her arms and sighed. Not exactly an unusual occurrence for her.

"Uhuh." Was all she said. Spinning on the spot, she started a stroll into town.

OOC: Vordes open for interaction. Again.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Vuth Tantonia

Vuth hit the ground with a bit more grace than his last attempt. He summoned a small pole of stone to come out of the ground for him to grab, preventing him from flying headfirst into some rocks. "That," the Po-Toa said, after catching his breath, "is probably a very safe and very smart idea." 

IC: Stronin

"Definitely."

Vuth started walking across the rough, mostly uneven desert floor. Po-Koro had to be filled with morons that decided destroying the roads was a good idea. "What do you do in Ta-Koro? Member of the Guard? Diplomat?" Vuth grinned, almost laughing, "Male entertainment?"

IC: Jokaro

It was getting late - the light was fading and it was making it more difficult to see his scribblings.

Perhaps that Farzan fellow is back at his shop by now. Probably should pay him a visit before the sun goes down any further - unless he's the kind to burn the midnight oil.

He, too, set off in the direction of Farzan's workshop.

- - - - - - - - - -

OOC: Rahkshi Hunters from Onu-Wahi

IC: Savfina

The group emerged into the rocky wastelands of Po-Wahi.

"...that wasn't the Subtransect tunnel, Ilyin."

IC: [ Peho ] - Po-Wahi

After the Rahkshi Assault of Ko-Koro, and even though Ril and Kethrye and Alfon and Esao and all of his other new friends in the Island Liberation Front hadn't had any problems with him sticking around, Peho had decided -- seeing the amazing difference in scenery that the island offered -- that he wanted to explore everything that Mata Nui offered for him. And so, he set off and wandered the land, armed only with his wits, his super-cool powers, and a sword that the his buddy Aronis kept saying he carried to "compensate for something."

Peho didn't really understand that last one. He'd tried asking Plagia, another person at Pala-Koro, what Ril meant, but he must have had something on his face because she wouldn't stop laughing.

The great Toa of Fire had journeyed far and wide across the island: he'd marched acorss the grasslands of Ga-Wahi, nearly fallen into the Mangai Volcano, ridden Kikanalo in Po-Koro, gotten lost at least three times in the Charred Forest before he realized that he could just fly out of it, fallen off of Mount Ihu, lived with a pack of Muaka in the forests around Kini-Nui for a couple of weeks, raced down more underground rivers in Onu-Wahi than he could count, accidentally burned a priceless tapestry in a tiny jungle village and only got off of an execution charge after managing to prove that it had been a forgery all along, and had once stopped an attempted assassination of a low-ranking bureaucrat who shared a passing resemblance with Akiri Jaller while buying a bag of plantain chips and only learned that he had done it when the assassin swore revenge against him the next day.

But in all of Peho Eniblad's many, many, many travels, he'd....

"... never seen a part of Ta-Wahi that looked like this."

-Void 

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Arvas from Onu-Koro

IC:Arvas

Arvas squinted and shielded his eyes with his hand as he stepped out into the desert light. Well. This wasn't Ta-wahi. He glanced at Ilyin.

"Well, somebody messed up." He growled. He wasn't the ##### navigator. He thought for a moment.

"What now? We could try and travel through the desert, or, we can turn back and find the actual way to Ta. Personally, I'm up for the second option."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

OOC: Rannin with Rahkshi Hunters from Onu-Koro.

IC: Rannin

"I used to have a hut here," said Rannin.

"Not sure if I'm handsome enough for that last one," replied the Toa of Iron with a roguish grin. "However, I am neither of those. Just a humble blacksmith, really."

Well, sort of.

"Assistant blacksmith. Soli wouldn't consider me a blacksmith until I could create something that a god would deem appropriate to wield."

IC: Helios (Motara Desert)

The vast expanse of sand, dirt, heat and merciless isolation in the midst of personal tragedy flowed past me like a dream. Fitting, perhaps, because I still felt like I'd entered a nightmare..

I'd joined a treasure hunt because it offered adventure, and of course I got a pretty sweet bow out of the deal, but then the question became why? What instinct in a hero was supposed to drive them to make that conclusion. Because I wanted to be a hero, not just because it was what Toa were supposed to do, but because so few of them were doing it these days. Someone had to stand up and try again, right? I felt good when I helped out, that's one thing, maybe not for no reward whatsoever, I'm not perfect, but a "thank you" at least will go a long way with me.

So why join a big expedition entirely for the reward and nothing else?

"--m I good? Good person? Good hero? Think I am. Want to be. My brother ... my brother was. I looked up to him. Now, I don't want to end up like him. God, Helios. God, what am I doing?"

Plagia had a point I hadn't considered; in all this, this running around for something to fight for, this search that had so far brought very modest fruit, what was it leading to? What was leading to?

Was I leading to Colx? Following too close in his footsteps?

It was a question I'd never asked myself before, but suddenly it became valid. Colx was once a mercenary, an opportunist at heart, he would've gone off on a search for better equipment and valuable artefacts in a heartbeat.

But that was him, not me. Running off on that expedition proved no benefit to anyone, and as a result I wasn't there when heroes were actually needed in Ta-Koro.

It seemed obvious now in hindsight (but really, how many inns do you expect to suddenly blow up while you're away?), and that feeling of obvious failure to recognize the consequences of my actions was way more sobering than any lesson Colx had given. At least it proved that one thing he always stressed "real-life experience is the best teacher around"

Minor silver lining aside, I had a problem to deal with now, bigger than I'd imagined.

It was time to head back home.

OOC: Helios to Onu-Wahi

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Vuth grasped the hilt tightly("Thank you.") and drew the sword upwards. He didn't even have to do any strikes with it to know that this sword was superior to the one on his back. He took a pose and striked forward, withdrew, and sliced downwards. He swore in amazement. "Now this," he reversed the sword, hilt to Stronin, "is a sword. Thank Mata Nui we didn't get into a sword fight; you would have bested mine easily."

"I don't know, you might be a better swordsman than me," was the noncommittal reply as Stronin gratefully retook the sword. "The quality of the sword isn't just the only deciding factor, after all."

He sheathed it with a smooth motion, feeling the hilt click into place. Though he had been a sword-wielder for many years now, the Toa of Iron wasn't actually too sure if he was a good swordsman or not. It had been a while since his last fight, and the memories were extremely fuzzy.

Vuth nodded. "Indeed." He took several more steps forward; the village was growing larger as they approached, and figured could be seen milling about the gates. "How much would one of those swords cost? A mine's worth of gold? A year of servitude?" To be honest, he didnt mind that last one too much. It'd give him something to do.

The sight of the great gate always impressed Vuth. As a Toa of stone, he could have built a gate like that in a day; for a group of powerless Matoran to build something like this, with blood, sweat, and tears, that was awesome.

Vuth raised a hand and waved to the Sentiels. If they didnt see them before, they see them now. "Got any friends here?"

IC: Oceanna Gallywix

Oceanna was busy shielding her eyes from the sun, and squinting. 

"I didn't know the sun was this bright!" She had never actually seen the sun before, leaving Onu-koro was rather exciting, but she wished the sun would stop trying to blind her.

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC - Ilyin:

I rummaged around in my pack, before pulling out a length of thin cloth. "Here," I said to Oceanna, passing it to her. "Tie it around your eyes like a blindfold. It's what I do, when I find myself stuck too long underground. Your eyes are going to need time to adjust, and just trying to block the sun with your hand won't help you much for that."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Oceanna Gallywix

She accepted the cloth gratefully and tied it around her eyes, it wasn't the easy thing to see through, but it was better than the blinding sun. 

"Thanks!" She pulled her guitar off of her back, she wanted to see how it sounded in the desert. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Arvas

Arvas didn't enjoy the desert. Or the sun.

Thankfully his Hau's eye holes had a gap between the mask and his eyes, so they acted as natural sun shields.

Haha.

Mask of Shielding.

"Who's up for turning around and finding the actual way we were meant to take?"

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC: Peho - Po-Wahi

Peho Eniblad started scratching the back of his head.

"We wouldn't have to go through all the way to Ta," the massive Toa replied. "We could just go to Po-Koro, maybe spend the night; then, we could head back to the tunnel and go to Ta-Wahi. Y'know, make a day of it."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]