BZPRPG - Po-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: That's actually black and silver there, bub. Maybe try reading the profile a bit more closely?

IC: Farzan (Tech Expo)

I was standing by the entrance to the section of Po-Koro's outdoor markets that hosted the various stands and kiosks for inventors to show off their newly made gadgets and innovations.

I merrily enjoyed the jangly nature of his jangling tools as he came over to me.

"I don't suppose you're a tech-savvy fellow?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: I clicked the link to 'Farzan' in your sig. Took me to the BZPRPG wiki. Didn't state the colours. Regardless, edited that last post for consistency.

IC: Jokaro (Tech Expo)

Jokaro smirked internally. He straightened his belt.

"I am," he replied, gazing around the kiosks, booths and stalls that housed an assortment of technology and gadgets, exotic and practical. "But I'm currently tech-dry at the moment."

IC Fotioks:

Fotioks walked out of the bar and looked around. Noticing an odd building that said something about trains, he walked toward it.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

IC:

The Toa of Fire chuckled softly.

"Good. Let's hit the jackpot before the sun hits midday."

Vail was already striding ahead in search of their destination, a new spring in his step. He could only guess it wasn't far, considering the current social status of their "client".

IC: Voulge

Voulge had followed behind Vail as they walked. While remaining silent he did occasionally let out a yawn to indictate his boredom with this. However in the distance he spotted the warehouse in question and extended a hand to stop Vail's path

"Well this looks like the place."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Kriigata

"Our trials were only to test our faith for our Lord," Kriigata said with a small curtsy as the cardinal approached, using her black acolyte robes as a fashionable woman might a dress. "We encountered a heathen in The Drifts. It pains me to say he was unable to be converted to the truth, but at least we were able to acquire the materials we set out for."

She paused, shielding her face with a hand from the beating sun of the North. "My apologies, but can we move indoors? So long in the snows has tempered my resistance to the heat."

Edited by Kughii

OOC: I clicked the link to 'Farzan' in your sig. Took me to the BZPRPG wiki. Didn't state the colours. Regardless, edited that last post for consistency.

Jokaro smirked internally. He straightened his belt.

"I am," he replied, gazing around the kiosks, booths and stalls that housed an assortment of technology and gadgets, exotic and practical. "But I'm currently tech-dry at the moment."

IC: Farzan (Tech Expo)

"Well, then don't let me keep you. We don't actually sell anything here, but at least you can get some ideas." I said as I waved in the general direction of the expo.

"My stall is over there, should you be interested, I gotta go for now, though, fuses don't light themselves"

And with that, I disappeared again.

Edited by Gyro Gearloose

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Jokaro watched the quirky Matoran scurry off into the busy crowds.

Well, might as well take a look at his booth. He sauntered over carefully, looking at the assortment of strange gear on the shelves and tables.

A brief temptation to steal what he could floated through his mind, but he reminded himself of his current position, and he did not want to attract attention to himself. Best to look for some scraps to scavenge.

It was probably a good thing that none of the tech was for sale; Jokaro hadn't any currency to barter with, whatever the local's used as money. Unless it was berries. Jokaro had plenty of those. He doubted it, though.

As he perused, the Matoran's final words replayed themselves in his mind;

"...fuses don't light themselves."

Jokaro chuckled to himself. He'd have to remember that.

OOC: Open for interaction.

Also: does anybody know how the firing mechanism for a Volo Lutu works? Or has that not been established?

IC:

Vail Sarsi stopped in his tracks. This was it, that much was for certain. However, there was no telling what they would find within.

A gentle breeze caught the Ta-Toa's face, and he lifted his chin slighty as it brushed against his cheek. Voulge's violet orbs were roaming his features, eager for a response.

"I don't have to ask to know that you're ready."

Vail's airy demeanor had flipped into a relaxed and chilly attitude. His senses had perked up. The little details were all evident to the Toa of Fire's eyes, and stood out like crystalline beacons against the sandblasted landscape. He was definitely ready.

His head finally turned to acknowledge the Toa of Iron.

"Let's get a little closer. I could be wrong, but I believe I detect voices coming from within."

His waist swayed slightly as he approached the building. Not a sound could be heard from his feet as they tread upon the earth.

"Our trials were only to test our faith for our Lord," Kriigata said with a small curtsy as the cardinal approached, using her black acolyte robes as a fashionable woman might a dress. "We encountered a heathen in The Drifts. It pains me to say he was unable to be converted to the truth, but at least we were able to acquire the materials we set out for."

She paused, shielding her face with a hand from the beating sun of the North. "My apologies, but can we move indoors? So long in the snows has tempered my resistance to the heat."

IC: Dryken

The Cardinal laughed.

"Of course," Dryken led the returning acolytes into Blackrock.

OOC: Canis Thentyle is a Knight Constable not Knight Cardinal, as you said in your post. :P

Edited by Just Norik

IC: 88 had a printing press in his home. A huge, wooden and stone hand-powered machine made for mass-producing books, or in this case, newspapers sat on the bottom floor of him home. It had been some time since the conversation in the bar, and 88 quickly realized the Tech Expo was ongoing. He got up and answered his own question.

"It's okay, I'll try to find one at the Tech Expo. Leave it to me- this can be my first assignment."

He found one somewhat quickly, even if it was outdated compared to most of the technology there, a machine of that size is somewhat hard to miss. With the few widgets he had left, he purchased the printing press. It was not enough.

"May I buy it now with these widgets, and in return for that which I couldn't pay you, you get the next three issues of Mata Nui Weekly for free? The vendor agreed, and 88 was the proud owner of a printing press. He was also totally broke. Several hours later, the printing press was in his home. He climbed up the ladder to his top floor and lay down in his hammock. 88 was ready for work.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Inside the fortress ruined pillars had been reconstructed, roofing had been patched, and broken flagstones filled in with patches of sand. Kriigata felt relief as the heat of the dessert dissipated into the cool of the shade. The clacking of Dryken's staff echoed down the hallway of the main complex, but it was not the only sounds of life. From below Kriigata heard the pounding of metal into tools and weapons, from the nave across the courtyard the soft drifting of a chant, and from up ahead the sounds of fellow brothers working to survive in their inhospitable home.

"What will happen once the powder is formed?" Kriigata asked. "I've yet to be told why we've been going to such effort. Are we planning on revealing Ak'rei'an to the world?"

Voulge merely nodded at this. However he now slapped Vail on the back with a smirk. Hoping that Vail would get distracted Voulge activated his volitak and immediately climbed the side of a nearby building, creating iron rings along the side of the wall to make the climb easier. As he reached the roof he looked over the edge of roof and estimated the distance between this roof and the warehouse roof. With a deep breath he took several steps back and then took a running leap towards the warehouse roof. Relying on the volitak and his iron element he grabbed one of his protosteel cylinders and threw it midair. Calling upon his element he created a round platform. suspended in the air by voulge's control of iron. As he landed on the platform it prevented his feet from hitting the roof creating a noise that would alert the people inside. Now he was able to peek into one of the skylights and noted what appeared to be 3 beings; two vortixx and one skakdi. He could not what the skakdi's element was but judging by the large war-hammer strapped to the skakdi's back it would be a formidable opponent.

Sweet ussal I hope vail does not do anything stupid.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

Voulge disappeared into thin air withought another word. Vail had almost forgotton that it was a Volitak his companion wore, not the Kadon its appearance implied. He smirked at the thought of his bronze-armored friend soaring through the sky.

The Toa of Fire sighed. So much for fomulating a plan. Oh well, never hurt to improvise.

He squinted against the blaring sun in an attempt to detect Voulge's position. The Ta-Toa's keen eyes caught sight of a splotch of haze sailing through the air overhead. He winced in preparation for the imminent impact. To his surprise, next to no sound was made as Voulge landed on the warehouse rooftop.

Not bad at all.

Vail pondered a reciprocal move to make for himself. The warhouse had boarded double-doors, so waltzing in undetected wasn't an option. Windows lined the building three bio from the ground. His options were proving to be limited.

He growled and sunk into a crouched position. He creeped his way gradually along the perimeter of the building as silently as he could, scouring the walls for any sign of other entrances. He almost missed the small wooden door as he stalked around the east corner. It was half hidden behind some haphazard rubble, which had obviously been placed there in an attempt to conceal it from prying eyes.

Vail grabbed an iron rod from the pile. He tossed it from one hand to the other to get a feel for it's weight.

Perfect.

He cleared away some remaining debris and gave the door handle a gentle tug. It creaked open easily.

Vail grinned and slipped inside. He situated the rod through the handles of the door, then used his Pakari to bend the ends of the metal cylinder into two neat loops. This would slow any escape attempts from the inside.

Locked in. How exhilarating.

The Toa of Fire crept slowly into the dim light towards the three voices that emanated from within.

Edited by Requiem

IC: Jokaro (Po-Koro)

Moving away from the Tech Expo (in which he had managed to earn a couple 'Widgets,' the local currency, by fixing a couple broken items and offering upgrade advice), Jokaro began to wander the streets of Po-Koro once again.

How to begin? he wondered. Fuses don't light themselves.

The day was still young. He found that there was a distinct lack of printing equipment at the Tech Expo that he could use, so he'd have to improvise. He sat down against a wall, removed a stack of paper and his pencil from his satchel and began writing page after page:

"RESTORE THE CLOCKWORK.

THE COLLECTIVE AWAITS.

MEET AT THE GATE."

He 'signed' the page with a single symbol - the symbol of the Three Virtues.

Removing his vial of honey-adhesive, Jokaro placed a dollop on the backside of each page, near the top.

He got up and began wandering around, placing the 'posters' at regular intervals. The day slowly grew older.

After Jokaro had exhausted his supply, he travelled back towards the city gate, and leant on the nearby wall, waiting.

OOC: Open for interaction.

Edited by EternalShadow

IC: Jokaro

"Is something the matter?"

Jokaro couldn't help but smirk slightly. He had the Toa's attention now. He'd have to ease into it.

"No, nothing's the matter" he said almost tiredly, eying the Toa more closely now, regarding the metallic components of his legs and left arm. "Are you here to... restore the clockwork?"

"Zero idea what you're talking about."

...and the smirk disappeared from Jokaro's face. That answered that question.

No matter. The Village had seen many others who'd been unknowing.

"Well," Jokaro started, "allow me to explain myself. Are you currently free from any duties?"

"It will be a surprise."

Surprises and security, fuses to be lit, everything his informants had told him: it all contributed to Jokaro's opinion of Mata Nui - dissatisfaction. He might have to let this fish back into the water.

Still, he tried to put on an air of gratitude, probably helped by his accent.

"By all means then, don't let me keep you."

OOC: Whoops, almost forgot "IC." Need to stop sleeping three hours a night.

Edited by EternalShadow

Voulge had remained atop the roof for several minutes. That is when he noticed vail had slipped into the warehouse. Intrigued he pressed a bit closer to the skylight to hopefully both see and hear what would go on, ready to assist if needed

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Inside the fortress ruined pillars had been reconstructed, roofing had been patched, and broken flagstones filled in with patches of sand. Kriigata felt relief as the heat of the dessert dissipated into the cool of the shade. The clacking of Dryken's staff echoed down the hallway of the main complex, but it was not the only sounds of life. From below Kriigata heard the pounding of metal into tools and weapons, from the nave across the courtyard the soft drifting of a chant, and from up ahead the sounds of fellow brothers working to survive in their inhospitable home.

"What will happen once the powder is formed?" Kriigata asked. "I've yet to be told why we've been going to such effort. Are we planning on revealing Ak'rei'an to the world?"

"I am not privy to the Grandmaster's plans, but that would not be an unreasonable assumption," Dryken replied as they entered the main keep.

IC: Jokaro (Po-Koro Gate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg0VWxVqAmM

Jokaro mindlessly nudged a small rock around in the sand with his foot. Eventually, said rock became apparent in his conscious mind, and he bent down to pick it up, curious.

It was a medium-brown colour - crumbling and smoothed on one, darker side - baked by eons of sunlight.

He turned to the wall he was leaning against. Po-Koro's wall, the same wall that kept out invaders and thieves. There was a small slot in the wall, weathered and cracked, where Jokaro fit the stone he was carrying into - or back into.

The wall was falling apart, slowly and surely, beaten and battered by erosion and other natural forces. He looked along the length of it - cracks, craters and depressions pockmarked the surface.

It was much like Mata Nui itself - an exegesis of greatness at one time, when it was solid, whole, protective. The forces surrounding it would eventually crack and separate it, destroying it both externally and internally, pulled apart by forces within and without.

He leaned back against the wall, crossing his arms, dust raining down from its sides.

The walls were crumbling all around them.

And that was why he was here today.

And so he waited.

IC: Ra’lhen – Akiri Hewkii’s Hut

The solemn Toa nodded reverently.

“You have my thanks, Akiri,” Ra’lhen said. With that, he departed from Hewkii’s hut.

IC: Wokapu – West Po-Koro

“Now, this! This is the mark of perfection!” Wokapu boasted.

During the extended time of Ra’lhen’s meeting with Hewkii, Wokapu had managed to become engrossed in the surprisingly well-maintained greenery that was for sale in smaller shops in Po-Koro. Naturally, he had dragged companions Seria and Sucogu with him for his high-class touring of the Acacia and Orchid trees. While his two companions knew early on that only the price tags had truly raised Wokapu’s admiration of the greenery (the trees themselves didn’t look that great), they were, at least up to this point, content to follow him around.

“And this one!” Wokapu exclaimed, “I… actually can’t pronounce the name of this one”

Wokapu called out to one of the attendants, “Hey sir! What’s this one called?”

“Wokapu!” an all-too-familiar gruff voice, probably carrying a hint of anger and annoyance as it always did, rang through the Toa of Air’s head. On instinct, Wokapu whirled around to the direction of the sound, quickly losing interest in engaging the attendant.

Standing about three or four yards away was a tall, brawny Toa, wearing armor that matched Wokapu’s hue, but fell short of the glean of Wokapu’s ritzy and battle-averted armor. On the brown Toa’s head was the all too familiar Mask of Accuracy, with stern orange eyes resting behind it.

“You make the treacherous journey to the Lost Village, only to gaze at flora?” the brown Toa growled with disappointment.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I’d like you to meet Wokodin, my father,” Wokapu said to Seria and Sucogu, “He’s never respected the green like I have unfortunately,”

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

"I read in the histories our Lord was once known throughout the island. It will be a blessed day when the name of Ak'rei'an is to be spoken on the lips of common folk," Kriigata said as they entered the main keep's throne room. It was dark but cool, the ceiling patched in the time she had left with Jorruk for Ko-Wahi. So much had changed in such a short period of time. Two weeks felt like two years. As she thought of time she also thought of a man.

"If you will excuse me," Kriigata said after they had walked the length of the chamber and turned through a doorway still missing its door, "I have someone I need to find."

The purple coat she wore fluttered at the hem as she spun and walked in the other direction. No longer tied to the pace of the aged matoran her long legs carried her swiftly through the corridors of the main keep until she had walked back into the beating sun of the courtyard and across to the humble buildings that served as barracks for Ak'rei'an's knights.

"Jaaku?" Kriigata called as she stepped out of the light and into the long rows of bunk beds, freshly made from scavenged wood. No doubt a caravan of lumber crossing the desert had met its end for her comfort. Such was Truth. Reminding herself of the reason she had come she called again as the sunspots danced in her vision. "It's Kriigata. Are you there?"

He nodded his head.

"You may go, Lady Kriigata," but Dryken knew that she had already moved out of earshot.

She's dedicated and faithful. I'm happy to have her in the Brotherhood at this time.

I wonder, if Larikon does not keep control of himself and puts the Brotherhood at risk, what will the knights do?

IC: Zekev-Barracks

The Skakdi was woken up from his slumber by the sound of Kriigata calling. Ever since the Brotherhood had transitioned from cells in Darkmine to barracks in Blackrock, Zekev had had to deal with unwanted intrusions to his sleep.

But then he wasn't ever a heavy sleeper, so he really didn't mind.

"Oh, Lady Kriigata, you're back from the mission. How did it go?"

OOC: I can't for the life of me remember if the knights call each other lady and sir or sister and brother. Kughii do you remember?

Edited by Just Norik

OOC: Hewkii Post in the near future.

@Norik: I believe it's Lady and Sir. Unless you want to use Serr. XD

As her eyes adjusted to the barracks one sunspot morphed into the image of a ko-skakdi. He sat on the lower bunk of a bed to the left, arms still against the wood frame from hauling himself erect. The muscles bulged on his shoulders and his mouth was twisted into a wacky grin. Kriigata smiled, displaying the skakdi runes of protection on her teeth.

"Sir Zekev it's good to see you," Kriigata stated warmly as she crossed the threshold and stepped closer to the knight. "The mission went well... Were you sleeping?"

Edited by Kughii

IC: Akree

Akree walked around the Koro... no, that wasn't right. Akree was patrolled around the Koro with his shiny new spear (courtesy of the Sentinel armoury), looking for any sign of troublemakers. He really hoped that he didn't find any troublemakers, because he had no clue what a guard on patrol was supposed to do in that situation beyond 'yell at lawbreakers to stop' and 'chase and beat up lawbreakers if they don't stop'. He stopped for a moment to survey the area before continuing on his way around the village.

OOC: Open for interaction. As a side note, do the Sentinels have any standard-issue equipment?

IC: Jokaro (Po-Koro Gate)

Jokaro spotted a strange, skinny Skakdi lumbering around town.

Funny, how he'd only been in Po-Koro for the few hours and classified most of the beings he saw as 'strange;' a jolly duo of Toa, and another with patchwork limbs; a Matoran who'd called him over only to run off... and now this Skakdi, who, upon closer inspection, appeared to be a Sentinel. Strange, yet again. Jokaro had never considered the title of 'Sentinel' belonging to anyone other than a Po-Matoran or Toa.

He wondered what the Sentinels would think of his fliers, but quickly cut the thought short - best not to attract too much of their attention. Still, he kept his eye on the rusty-brown Skakdi Sentinel, watching him carefully.