BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Danaku Ran

"Ah, very well. But why are the guards talking about them? Have they done something terrible recently?"

IC: (Silo)

"I don't know about recently."

----------------------------------------------------------------

It was later, and the two convicts had been put to work clearing a new tunnel out from the koro.

One of the overseers was none other than the matoran he had threatened for information on Casanuva's location before his battle with the Fa-Toa.

He looked very smug.

Silo still didn't have a mask (which was apparently in storage in the ussalry building, along with his weapons), meaning that he was feeling week and dizzy. The guards had been stupid not to give him one - a matatu would greatly help with escape mining.

As it was, he was using his now weak gravity powers to excavate the pathway.  

Kathok

IC:

“Thank you.” The Onu-Matoran said, nodding. “I could say much the same; you’re fairly recent in the village, aren’t you? Sometime after Makuta’s fall, I believe.”

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

"As a permanent resident, yes. I visited Onu-Koro a few times back when I was a Toa, even lent a helping hand or two a few times. You know how it was with all the new Toa after the First Toa fell; everyone was trying to follow in their footsteps. I was part of a team called the Toa Marok, not a name many would have heard of, but we did some good."

The Turaga stopped.

"Of course... I'm all that's left now." he said with a weak, somber smile.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Onepu and Demos

Onepu's eyebrow rose a fraction of an inch, while Demos's reaction was one of utter bewilderment. Spiders didn't scare him, but that thing definitely looked dead. 

"Interesting power," the Captain of the Ussalry noted, before addressing the question directed at him. "Demos would drag you down without a mask. We'll provide one for him. As for what kind, I'll have to leave deciding on that to you two."

"I used to have a Huna," Demos noted. "Used along with sonics powers it can have devastating effects." He rubbed the back of his head. "I remember I had a mask before that, though... what was-" He suddenly froze, and slowly, fluidly, changed. His expression grew grimmer, and his posture more poised and hunched. He visibly changed to the Phantom.

"It was a Mahiki," he finished.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Syvra

Syvra arched his brow slightly as he noticed the visible change, but he did not question or even think about it for too long

"Considering we will be in a desert like area with alot of sand, a huna or even volitak will be useless for you would still give off footprints." He rubbed his chin as he considered "Perhaps a Pakari or Pehkui would be useful for this mission."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Onepu & Phantom

"This is the phantom," he said, after accepting the transformation with a suspicious glance. "He claims to have two personalities, this is one of them."

Phantom glanced at Onepu, then back to Syvra. "Brute strength is not my way. The other is a possibility, but I would like to try a Kakama."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Lash.

Lash loved her new Rahkshi. 

IC: Reson.

The quiet of the streets Sajis had been enjoying was abruptly shattered as Reson spotted her, shouting out from the end of the street. "Hey Sajis, wait up! I'm back!"

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Danku Ran (Onu-Koro tunnel)

This was shameful. Peasants did the work. They mined the caverns. Nobles lead the people, protected them, upheld order and peace. They didn't dig holes in the ground.

Danaku Ran took a deep breath and swung his pickaxe again at the cavern walls. The pick simply glanced off. He grunted, and raised his pick high and brought it back own, this time with a better angle. Some of the stone shattered and rolled on the floor. The fracture was tiny.

He threw his pickaxe on the ground and sat down. This was ridiculous. It would take ages to mine out this tunnel. It was pointless.

A Toa guard yelled at him, ordering him to get back to work. Danaku ignored him, and the guard walked near him with long steps. "I said, get back to work!"

He glanced to his sides. A few other prisoners, including Silo, looked at them. The guard was staring at him, standing rather close. he was angry. Then, Danaku stood up, took the pickaxe and jammed it into the guard's mask, through the protodermic metal skull. The guard screamed in agony, and in an instant, five other guards were rushing towards him. Three of them were Toa.

Nobles were trained to fight since childhood. They didn't dig holes, they slew.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Syvra looked back to Onepu and nodded

"I figured as much from your earlier conversation with him in the prison. He even referred to the fact there were supposedly two in one body, and while I don't exactly buy that as the whole truth I'm not going to question it either unless it becomes a problem." The next statement was directed at demos/phantom "A kakama I don't think onepu here would trust you with. Plus any fighting would likely take place in close quarters and a kakama is nearly useless in that situation."

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Without his mask, Silo's elemental power was severely weakened, but some of the rock on the cavern roof were already loose from the mining.

He only needed to increase the gravity slightly for a few rocks to fall on two guards, knocking one out and pinning another down by the arm.

One of the guards turned to him and rushed forwards but Silo used the last of his power to  flatten the guard. 

It was so civilised here, he thought. The guards would never give a death penalty unless absolutely forced to, meaning that you always got the first shot.

One of the guards was advancing on him as he lay exhausted on the floor, while another had punched Danaku to the ground.

A few other prisoners were throwing rocks in a lackluster kind of way, but most were trying to stay out of trouble. So civilised.

But the Ba-Toa had an idea: it was something he had never tried before, but logically it should work.

Just as a toa of fire could draw all of the fire elemental energy out of his surroundings to empower himself, a toa of gravity should be able to remove gravity in an area and absorb it into himself.

His mind was a little unfocused, but Silo managed to draw the gravity out of the tunnel, and into himself.

He felt more alive than he had done in a while. His body was buzzing with energy, purple sparks dancing around his hands.

He looked around, realising that everyone else in the tunnel had started to float off the ground, and Dan and the guard were trying to fight in mid-air.

The effect wouldn't last, of course, but they could make the most of it while it did.

He had power for now at least, but his mind was still tired without his mask. However, he didn't need much precision to increase the gravity around the guard tenfold, inadvertently sending Dan crashing to the ground, but not harming him (he was on the edge of the field). The guard however, was all but two dimensional.

More guards were soon to come and check, so they had to act fast.

The other prisoners were staring at them wide-eyed. They were still floating, but gravity was returning to the tunnel.

"What to do, Dan-Dan?"

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC: Danaku Ran (Onu-Koro tunnel)

What is going on?, he thought before he fell on the ground. It didn't hurt much, luckily. The guards however.. he tried not to look at the mess. "So these are your powers? Impressive." He picked up his pickaxe. Again, he wasn't a true warrior, but he had received training for a long time when he was younger. He took keys from the ugly mess that used to be a guard, and unlocked the shackles on his and Silo's legs and arms. "There. Now, we must get out of here quick. Some help would be appreciated". He looked at the other prisoners, scattered around and afraid, and spoke loudly:

"Now, fellow prisoners, is our time to escape and be free again. I will release you from your constraints if you promise to help us. Silo here needs his mask, and we could do with better weapons than these pickaxes. And if you are afraid of failure, afraid of being caught and punished, afraid of dying, I say that the risk is worth taking. Do you want to be back home again? Do you want to see your family again? Do you want to be free?! Then follow us, and I promise that we will keep you safe! You saw what Silo can do! The guards cannot stop us, if we work together and help Silo to get back his mask! Now, who will come?"

Danaku took a deep breath. About three quarters of the prisoners stepped forward. Most of them were matoran. Good enough, I suppose, he thought and after releasing them he started to move onwards, Silo right behind him. "I know how tiresome it is to be without a mask. I've even heard that you can die if you are without the mask for too long." He stopped suddenly, and asked "Do you know where the mask is, actually? If you do, lead the way." They could hear guards running in the distance..

OoC: on mobile, will fix color and italics tomorrow

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Onepu & Phantom

"I would, actually," he said with a smirk. "Once you poison him, he won't be able to just run off."

Phantom grunted. "Kakama are good for more than just running, and I am used to using masks to their fullest potential. A Calix would also be a possibility. One of the most versatile masks there is." Then he added in a low grumble, "After the Mahiki."

OOC: Sorry Gravity, but I can't wait on Naru forever. Especially not during a prison break.

IC: ?

The prisonners' momentary glee was cut short as a tremor went through the tunnel. On either side of them, the ceiling collapsed, sealing them in. Before panic could set in, one of the newfound walls of dirt shifted and rose, a pair of glowing green eyes peering out from the center. It took shape, somewhat resembling a Toa in its basic shape, but much larger, and with its eyes in its chest. Some of the prisoners quailed, murmuring, wondering if one of the legendary Rahi, Vatuka, had found them.

The green eyes burned intensely, threatening the prisoners to get back to work, and daring any brave ones to try anything. As it stood, its earthen arms and legs were merged with the walls around it, almost taunting the maskless Toa of Gravity to try and throw it around.

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Keina/Onu-Koro Highway

Keina could smell it

"Let me in" Keina told the Ussalry Guards.

"State your business, outsider"  One commanded.

It was on his breath.

"Let me in"

"We don't just let anyone in to our Koro, outsider." Said another.

The smell was corruption. It was everywhere.

OOC: Open for interaction. This is my first post! Sorry if I did something wrong!

Edited by Turaga of Ponies

The gravity had almost completely returned to the tunnel and out of Silo when a tremor knocked him to the ground.

More guards were arriving and dragging the prisoners back to their cells. So much for that plan. The toa spotted a pair of green eyes staring at him, but he was dragged away before he could identify them.

Kathok

OoC: Silo, don't be in such a hurry. How did the guards get past the.. green eyed thing? I think we'll have to deal with this creature first.

IC: Danaku Ran (Onu-Koro tunnel)

What is happening?

What is that thing?

Danaku stared at the creature. It looked strange, it's green, bright eyes glowing in it's chest. A demon, sent to punish them? A machine, ready to take them back to the prison? He couldn't know. Other prisoners around him started to panic, and all hope they had just a moment ago was gone.

No.

"Stand back, beast, or you'll get a new hole to breathe with!" he said and raised his pickaxe threateningly. "You will not stand in the way of our freedom!"

I laugh at the face of death, he thought.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Was this a trick question? Reson saw a brief flicker of irritation flash across Sajis' features, and realised he might be acting a little overzealous for a member of the Ussalry. He suppressed his over-eager excitement and tried to calm down. "Yes, i'm sober," he said calmly. "Reporting for duty." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Keina/Onu-Koro Highway

Keina had been arguing with the guards for what seemed like an eternity, one of them looked extremely fed up.

"Fine, Fine. I'll let you in, just leave any ill intent you have here!" The fed up guard said.

"Thank you" Keina said, trying to sound a sincere as possible. "Ill intent, pfft. That's another thing this place reeks of." She thought to herself.

Keina walked towards the main hub of Onu-Koro, guards stopping, or rather, harassing her along the way. She managed to get through them much the same as how she got past the first guards. Persistence, she liked to call it.

Finally, Keina had arrived in the central hub of Onu-Koro. She thought it was, interesting, too say the least. One thing that Keina noticed were the amount of eyes staring at her.

Edited by Turaga of Ponies

Lash had just realised what the downside to enslaving a Rahkshi was... getting it into a well-guarded city without anyone noticing. Scowling to herself, Lash led Breathless into a side tunnel, deeper into the caves. She would have to come up with a plan before going any closer to Onu-Koro. 

"Sounds good. But... what exactly does patrolling entail? Just standing around looking like we know what we're doing?" 

"I see. So any old idiot like myself, wearing an Ussalry badge and standing around, automatically deters crime?" He thought that over. It made sense, really. If the criminals could see the guards maintaining a presence, it would serve as a deterrent agaisnt their criminal activities, with the increased risk of them getting caught and all... "Makes sense. Let's get to patrolling." 

It had taken a bit of work, but Lash had successfully managed to teach Breathless a very specific new command. She felt terribly immature when she actually gave the order to her Rahkshi, but it worked, and Breathless played the role perfectly.

"Breathless," Lash called, "Play dead."  

Reson did his best to maintain the same kind of authoritarian air that Sajis did. Being a tall and somewhat handsome Toa helped. He was beginingto recognise just how important his new job was, and he had to take things seriously. 

With that in mind, he followed Sajis towards the gates. 

IC: Sajis

As expected, there was little occurring at the gates. Sajis much preferred that to any chaotic disruptions of the village order. She could admit it wasn't exciting, but the need for order trumped all. There would be nothing to disgust her here. And if there was? It would be neutralised. She glanced back at her recruit. He seemed to be doing quite well. The Fe-Matoran approved. It was good to see more competent people join the Ussalry.

Reson was quickly coming to realise that being a guard was, for the most part, really boring. It was becoming apparent to him that if the criminals were deterred by the guard's presence, the guards wouldn't actually have any crimes or disorder to deal with. Usually, Reson was a party animal, constantly running around drining and gambling and fighting, but now, sober and with a clear head, he realised that kind of behavior didn't exactly benefit anyone in the city. 

Being bored was a sacrifice he was willing to make if it bettered the lives of the Koros inhabitants. 

The patrol was a quiet one. Sajis was not exactly a very chatty person, after all. Indeed, little really happened, although she did reach out to stop a pickpocketer from attempting to steal from her, before letting the young Matoran go. There was no need for any stern rebuke. Her eyes had carried the message well enough.

IC: Kehuri - Breakout

Under the layer of earth that covered him, the Toa of Earth grinned. He'd never played Vatuka before, but now that he had, he just knew he would do it again. Nothing deters mischief more than coming face to face with something that was said would eat your face if given the chance.

The tunnel opened behind him, controlled by his element, leading back to the prison. A group of guards, alerted by the cave-in, turned up, but stopped at the sight of him, confused. He dropped his Vatuka-shaped cloak then, revealing his armored black and purple figure. "These wise guys attempted a break-out," he explained and gestured at the dead guards around. "Honestly I dunno what they were thinking, there was no way they'd get past all of us.

With that, he and the guards approached. "Well then, I think the lot of you just ruined your chances at parole. You'll come along with us quietly if you're partial to having knees."

BZPRPG Profiles

Reson watched the would-be Matoran pickpocket scurry off down the street, all but fleeing in terror from Sajis' stern gaze. Better luck next time, kid, he thought to himself. That was the sloppiest attempt at pick-pocketing Reson had ever seen. As someone who could empty a person's wallet while it was still inside their pocket - while himself being drunk - without the wallet's owner noticing, Reson knew a thing or ten about how to pick a pocket. 

Now that he was working for the Ussalry, Reson realised he could put that knowledge to better use. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

OOC: now that Nuju has cleared my theory, it'll be taking place right about... now

As soon as she gave the order, the Kraata inside the Rahkshi suit slithered out, and the empty shell collapsed to the ground like a puppet with its strings cut. "Good boy," Lash purred, gathered up the slimy, disgusting Kraata and wrapping it up in a blanket to hide it from sight, hiding the blanket under a pile of similar, dilapidated cloths. With more than a little bit of effort, she loaded the empty Rahkshi shell into an empty mine cart she'd found in a tunnel, on top the cloths and blanets, and, without even trying to hide the dead Rahkshi from view, began pushing the cart towards the front gates of Onu-Koro. 

​This was going to be a very interesting experience, she was sure. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

The patrol route took the duo towards the village entrance once again. As they passed by, Sajis nodded respectfully to the guards on duty, also noting the approaching cart in the distance. It was not her duty as of the current moment to handle the entrance of any newcomers, but it was important to take into account every possible variable that could interfere with the village order.

Syvra seemed to consider this for sometime, and shook his head

"I think a Calix would likely be best, given the situation."

Likely while no one was really paying attention, the corpse of the small spider went back to just being a corpse.

If it isn't a fikou, it is some other spider you have me inhabit.

They are merely convenient, nothing more.

Riiight.

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"What," Reson gaped, "is that?"

Lash stopped at the gates, seeing the expression on the guard's faces. "Don't stand there and gawk, please!" she snapped, "Haven't you people ever seen a dead Rahkshi before?" 

Time to see if her hastily-rehearsed plan would pay off. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

"I'm a Vortixx. Duh. We love technology. And this," Lash gestured to the "dead" Rahkshi, "is an intriguing piece of technology if ever I've seen one." she rubbed her shoulder, where a thin trickle of blood was still coming through the gash in her armour. "Also, it wasn't entirely dead when I found it. I'd really like to get into the city now, so I can have my shoulder patched up, and then get to dismantling my new toy. Thank you." 

Standing off to one side, Reson wasn't quite sure how to react. The Vortixx seemed to be telling the truth; Reson hadn't met a single member of that species who didn't love playing with tech. But still... a dead Rahkshi? 

Syvra narrowed his eyes slightly at this comment. He wondered what type of resistance Demos/phantom would put up, since most sane people would not willing have themselves injected with a poison that could kill them if left unattended. He motioned for Demos to have a seat, while he prepared the actual poison. He grabbed a syringe from within his satchel and what appeared to be a single seed of sorts. He opened one end of the syringe and placed the tip of the seed just inside. Then with his index and thumb, he looked to pinch the sides of the seed, which resulted in a sudden gush of blackish-brown liquid, though such a small amount of it, to reach the bottom of the syringe. 

He closed the syringe, and turned to Demos/Phantom, holding the syringe in ready position

"I do warn you this will burn ever so slightly."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

OOC: Of course you're going to search the cart... Thank Makuta that I planned for this eventuality.

IC: Lash and Breathless

"Yes, go ahead," Lash said impatiently. "This is all leaving me a little... Breathless." 

The Kraata recognised its name and slithered deeper down into the cart, slipping silently through a hole in the rusted bottom and onto the ground. With everyone focused on the spectacular sight of the "dead" Rahkshi, no one saw the bright yellow-green Kraata, still shrouded under the dark, mouldy blanket on top of it, slip by them across the ground and into the city, using its affinity for the deep shadows as cover. 

Reson felt something brush by his foot, but by the time he tore his eyes away from the dead Rahkshi he was busily inspecting, there was nothing to be seen. Perhaps he wasn't entirely sober yet after all...?