• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Dasaka (BZPRPG)

Featured Dasaka BZPRPG Characters

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Smaug the Terrible

Smaug the Terrible
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Visorak Horde Infiltrating

• 10,125 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Nov 13 2013 - 08:10 AM

Hey guys, it's finally time for new Art!

Nuju Metru unveiled the Dasaka in the BZPRPG and so, I can finally show them here as well: 

commodore_ayiwah_bzpsize.jpg

Commodore Ayiwah, commander of the Rora's nautical forces

dasaka_yumiwa_bzpsize.jpg

Princess Yumiwa, daughter of the Rora

dasaka_kuno_bzpsize.jpg

Kuno, firstborn son of Clan Fursic

dasaka_classes.jpg

Dasaka Classes and subspecies.

Hope you enjoy the images and stay tuned for more art in the future! =)

smaugbanner.jpg

#2 Offline That Ghosthands is a spy

That Ghosthands is a spy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 3,753 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2013 - 08:54 AM

Posted Image

Well Veef, once again, your art is truly incredible.  I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that this art is one of the main reasons the Dasaka are such an exciting addition to the game-world.

Keep up the good work, and try not to make me TOO jealous :P

tyler_sig_pastiche.png

#3 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Disintegration Unchained

• 5,383 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2013 - 03:07 PM

OUTSTANDING artwork.

I think the Dasaka are too human-like for a Bionicle-based RPG... but at the same time they are just gorgeous. And they have Kanohi, which reminds us that they are still part of the Bionicle world and actually very similar to Matoran and Toa.

But yeah, good work, as far as the art goes. Beautiful.

What I think everytime I see this promo picture

pohatu_is_a_wuss.gif

My BZPRPG profiles - Kirgan, Viima, Jarkale, Tuli, Hile, Lai LaiSurina, Khervos, Teede

#4 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 445 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 13 2013 - 06:56 PM

I agree that they seem a bit too human, but that seems to be your artistic style. That said, they look gorgeous. I love how you made the crystalline armor plates. 

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#5 Offline That Ghosthands is a spy

That Ghosthands is a spy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

• 3,753 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 05:56 AM

I think the Dasaka are too human-like for a Bionicle-based RPG... but at the same time they are just gorgeous. And they have Kanohi, which reminds us that they are still part of the Bionicle world and actually very similar to Matoran and Toa.

I agree that they seem a bit too human, but that seems to be your artistic style.

I personally find Veef's more-human interpretation to be pretty much perfect for the RPG; many RPers tend to play their characters significantly closer to human than canon characters ever were, while still being very much biomechanical.  Veef's style has influenced my mental image dramatically; in fact, I'd say that it's now almost exactly how I picture beings in the RPG.  Speaking of which, I've just started doing pixel art again, and am currently making sprites of my characters - expect them to be very similar to Veef's style XD

But anyway, I'm glad we can all agree that these look fantastic!

Edited by Ghosthands, Nov 17 2013 - 05:58 AM.

tyler_sig_pastiche.png

#6 Offline Smaug the Terrible

Smaug the Terrible
  • Premier Member
  • Visorak Horde Infiltrating

• 10,125 posts

Posted Nov 17 2013 - 09:06 AM

I agree that they seem a bit too human, but that seems to be your artistic style.

I personally find Veef's more-human interpretation to be pretty much perfect for the RPG; many RPers tend to play their characters significantly closer to human than canon characters ever were, while still being very much biomechanical.  Veef's style has influenced my mental image dramatically; in fact, I'd say that it's now almost exactly how I picture beings in the RPG.  Speaking of which, I've just started doing pixel art again, and am currently making sprites of my characters - expect them to be very similar to Veef's style XD

But anyway, I'm glad we can all agree that these look fantastic!

First of all: Thanks guys, glad you like the art. 

Now...you want less human designs, eh? That can be arranged. Challenge accepted.

smaugbanner.jpg

#7 Online Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,930 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 03 2013 - 01:11 AM

Beautiful. You outdid yourself again.I once felt your style was too organic, but Ghostie is right on how most player characters are more human than canon, so it's a perfect representation of the characters in-game.

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.

#8 Offline Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,924 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 03 2013 - 06:03 PM

Wonderful art. I think this is the best of your artwork I've seen, probably because of the effect on the armor. Again, great job.

#9 Offline Mehul

Mehul
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 53 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 02 2014 - 03:42 PM

:o

That is some beautiful armor and cloth. I could seriously stare at this stuff for hours looking at all the details. 

Link to my comic :D

To anyone contacting me, I'm of to Uni soon so I might take time to respond.

#10 Offline Yukiko

Yukiko
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,829 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 08 2014 - 10:38 PM

I love love love how you integrated that navy coat seamlessly into the other parts of the captain's armor.

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - LuciraMorie - Shuuan

lampbanner.jpg

Library [blog]

#11 Offline ~ShadowBolt~

~ShadowBolt~
  • Premier Member
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,008 posts

Posted Jan 08 2014 - 10:52 PM

I'm not following the BZPRPG at all so I have no idea who these characters are or their role, but those are some really impressive drawings.  Really nice work there. :)

Posted Image
Thanks to Argetlam for the Banner

#12 Offline ToaOfAwesome

ToaOfAwesome
  • Members
  • Toa

• 192 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 09 2014 - 01:00 AM

I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said zillions of times. Your work is always amazing. Stay awesome.

Read my epic, The Chronicles of Masuko!

Or my comic, Mackron: The Vulture Warrior!

#13 Offline Fastcar800

Fastcar800
  • Members
  • Toa

• 150 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 10 2014 - 08:22 PM

Bro, I've seen many pieces of BIONICLE artwork. I've made some too. But this is truly amazing. :D

virux4.5-500.jpg

Semi-active As Of 11/20/2013

#14 Offline Aaron Nuva

Aaron Nuva
  • Members
  • Toa

• 154 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 13 2014 - 01:40 PM

These could definitely be actual sets, just go with the Hero Factory endoskeleton system.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users