Why Should Lego Bring Bionicle Back?

fishers64

I'd just say, "I'm not a Bionicle fan any more, and neither do I want to bring it back. If you want to find people who'll advocate for bringing Bionicle back, I'll direct you towards the few whom still want to storm Billund. Beyond that, I know of very little." -The Fearless Leader

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I would tell him that Bionicle should be brought back in a few years. It could have new characters and locations. Maybe it could even take place on a different planet. That way, new fans could get into the story. Also, hints and references from the previous storyline could used to keep the older fans interested. Web serials could be used to tell the story. Maybe even books too, if Bionicle got that popular again.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I just look at them with a depressed face and say,"You shouldn't. The building style will have changed massively, so it would no longer be the Bionicle we knew and loved. The storyline would have to be thrown away, as Lego would never wish to explain ten years worth of story to whole new audiences and the friendliness of Hero Factory would have to be carried over to Bionicle, resulting in the epic theme becoming considerably less epic. I'm wearing this shirt because I was a Bionicle fan. I don't even have a Bionicle shirt, so I have no idea where this came from or why I have it."

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I say they should wait a few years so that they come up with some more story ideas, then restart. But to be honest, there isn't much more you can cram into the Bionicle story. Bionicle suffered from having too much going on; they should of slowed it down so it could be easier to keep up with the story. But they should bring it back because it has a loyal and thriving fan base. And they get more money.

Edited by Oni
oniban.png

I don't think Bionicle should be brought back because every story needs to end. It had its glory and all for 10 years, being the best and most succesful lego theme (in my opinion anyways) there was but eventualy, it was going to have to end one way or another. Plus, it's been gone for a while and if they brought it back, they'd have to do a darn good job at re-making a worthwhile story. But let's say they did bring it back, no objection there. Even though I don't play with lego anymore, I'd love to just see the sets and have a look at the story. Wether they bring it back or not, I'm happy both ways.

"BIONICLE had a very successful run, and, like a lot of other lines that LEGO has used again and again over the years to great success, such as Space, I believe that it should be brought back in due time. Hero Factory must run its course, as it is the direct successor to BIONICLE. However, I do not believe that for BIONICLE to be brought back successfully, that LEGO will have to cancel other buildable-figure lines. "BIONICLE should not build off of ten years of backstory. Use names, use locations, heck, use some of the same characters even - but, since one of the reasons that LEGO axed the line in the first place was due to new fans having a hard time getting into it, start it anew. Have it within the canon of the old, but do not make knowledge of it a prerequisite for its full understanding and enjoyment."

This is a good argument, and it is how I think it really would have to be done. With that said, TLG's two attempts at a "jumping-on point" where the backstory was helpful but not essential (2006 and 2009) didn't work too well IMO. As I see it, the importance of the backstory is one of the things that made BIONICLE extremely special compared to, say, Hero Factory, and while I would admire a "reboot" of this sort done artfully, I think the BIONICLE story writers would have to work harder than they ever did before to make it work. Not to say they didn't work hard, because I enjoyed every year of BIONICLE's story, and I appreciated every bit of effort that went towards making that happen. In my opinion there is far too little attention brought to the brilliant minds that gave us BIONICLE's stories, sets, and universe, and I think the best posthumous tribute to BIONICLE would be a book that puts a spotlight on all the hard work by the creative minds who helped the theme happen-- people like Christoffer Raundahl, Christian Faber, and Greg Farshtey.

"Because if you don't, I will stick a different Bionicle set on your bedside every day until you suffer a nervous breakdown." Or alternatively, "Because 1) It was Lego's 2nd highest-grossing brand ever (Exo-Force was first - no wonder, it had it's own manga) 2) It had the largest fan following of any Lego brand, ever 3) Doing a partial or full story reboot (akin to Bara Magna, which, incidentally, I hated at first) would make it easier for new fans to understand the story. But hey, there are lots of popular video games and comics that have complex stories - take a look at Final Fantasy and MegaTokyo."

Where's the statistic about Exo-Force coming from? I've never heard anything remotely similar to that from any source, and none of the annual reports from LEGO while it was running said anything about it having remarkable sales (unlike BIONICLE, which was one of LEGO's most successful themes in 2002, City, which has for years been LEGO's most successful non-licensed theme, and Star Wars, which was a phenomenon from the very start). As for what I'd say in this situation, I'd probably have to side with the people who don't see any real reasons it should be brought back. It could be brought back, maybe. But I think it had a good run from its beginning in 2001 to its end in 2010, and to bring it back would be to undo all the effort spent in 2009-2010 closing up loose ends. Anyway, contrary to what a lot of people want to believe (the theme ended because of their personal pet peeves like Inika/Agori torsos or characters being killed off), they have to keep in mind that Hero Factory's first sets were nothing special compared to BIONICLE's last ones. It wasn't a matter of set designs that caused the theme to be replaced, but rather that it really had lasted as long as its old fans and its ability to draw in new fans were able to sustain it. It lasted a full nine years and shouldn't by any means be remembered as a failure, but it did exhaust the potential it had that newer themes were unable to compare to.

I'd reply, "To please crowds of incessant whiners and a bunch of kids who don't dare accept that it was rather mediocre as it was."-Dovydas

What the heck happened during the last few months of BZP's downtime? When did people get to be so darn bitter about this stuff? Sure, the story wasn't going to win any awards, but considering it came from a toy business whose products had stories that were just based around bigger movies, like Star Wars and Harry Potter, its first original story was pretty darn entertaining. I consider it a little above mediocre when a Lego toy provides one of the best villains ever. Do I want it back? On some level. For me, the problem at the moment is I have a lot of more immediate and stressful issues thrust on me, a lot of which is thanks to the recession. I'm in somewhat of a rough spot in life, so I'd appreciate it if they held off until I had money again. :P
rahkshi_symbol.png

I'd reply, "To please crowds of incessant whiners and a bunch of kids who don't dare accept that it was rather mediocre as it was."-Dovydas

What the heck happened during the last few months of BZP's downtime? When did people get to be so darn bitter about this stuff?
That's not a general thing; that's a Dovydas thing (no offence). ;) Looks like nothing happened during the last 5 months.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I would say that it should come back with a new storyline, with new characters and a new location. It should use a variety of the same pieces, and possibly the same sort of design for the heroes of the storyline, and also the villains. I'd say it should have comics, and should also have a TV Series because TV Series is better than Movies, as they are more frequent. I'd also say it would need online games, and a design by ME option, so you can create your own sets. Oh, while we're at it, why don't we call the Toa "Heroes" from now on? And removing all of the languages that were in that lawsuit. If anyone noticed, I'm describing HERO FACTORY, because, if you haven't noticed, Hero Factory is Bionicle being brought back. It could have just been cancelled, but they gave us something that was pretty much the same, apart from some storyline tweaks. ~Argentum~

~ Argentum

What the heck happened during the last few months of BZP's downtime? When did people get to be so darn bitter about this stuff?
That's not a general thing; that's a Dovydas thing (no offence). ;) Looks like nothing happened during the last 5 months.
This dude is actually pretty right. It's not BZPower, it's me.-Dovydas

You go to (insert miscellaneous Lego event here) wearing a Bionicle T-shirt and a (ignorant) Lego spokesperson marches up to you with a microphone. "Hey you there, you're a Bionicle fan! Why should we bring Bionicle back?" What would you say?

I would say "What's the point of bringing it back?"

[size=4][color=#FF0000][color=#000000]Formerly known as ROTF Devastator[/color][/color][/size]
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vakama18/Stuff/shockwave_sig.jpg[/img][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Nrdy/Kittiez/W1/tabby.png[/img]

A lot of people REALLY seem bent on comparing BIONICLE to Star Wars and Transformers. Luckily I am here to say what that is wrong.See, the problem with the argument is that both Star Wars and Transformers are two of the biggest mainstream franchises around. ask any average Joe on the street if they have heard of either two and they will most certainly say yes. The sheer level of popularity and size of the fan bases is mind boggling really.Now, BIONICLE was successful I will say that. But it's popularity is nonexistent, yes it has crossed into several media outlets but were any of these truly successful? The comics were only for the free magazine, the books sold less and less every year, the movies barely average at best, and dreadfully awful at worst...none made any impact except for maybe Mask of Light and even that was never given any attention, the video games got a couple reviews on major gaming sites...but that did nothing for the line. The average Joe is unlikely to even heard of BIONICLE, let alone have an opinion of it, and the hardcore fan base is just the couple thousand people who visit this site.In short, BIONICLE was never mega-popular, it has no mainstream appeal, and the hardcore fan base is tiny. So comparing it to Star Wars, Transformers, or Doctor Who really has no ground.

"Why should we bring Bionicle back?" Response: "I don't think you should. It had a decent ten years, and we enjoyed it to its fullest. It's over and done with, and even though I'm not a huge fan of Hero Factory myself, Hero Factory is the replacement for Bionicle, and it's quite similar, in my opinion. Nonetheless, I don't think it should be brought back."

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Hero Factory sucks.And a couple years of a revamped line would be awesome.

Honest question: Are you trying to start a flame war?I know many members here, including myself, are big fans of Hero Factory. And while you probably meant this in regards to what you'd tell the LEGO employee asking the questions, being that blunt isn't going to make them reconsider. Plenty of people like HF. Plenty don't. But if you're talking to someone who may have the power to bring Bionicle back (though they probably wouldn't be able to), explaining why you think it "sucks" would go a long way.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

(do they make bionicle t-shirts?)

They make BIONICLE shirts. I own one.For my response, I'd probably say "BIONICLE was a new and creative theme. It was LEGO's first theme with a story, and a long and interesting one at that. But it does not need to return. It had a good run, and it's fanbase lives on."

I think they could bring it back in a couple of years, with a simpler concept and a little different storyline, so that the younger people who werent around can enjoy them as well. Look at Avatar the Last Airbender. They are bringing it back, changing the setting 70 years into the future of the previous storyline. We may not to tamper much with this original bionicle storyline if they choose to bring it back, but you can always be reffering back to it. It could work.Before this, I want the serials to be completed however ^_^ - Darok

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." - Steve Prefontaine

I would say that Bionicle is Lego's best selling franchise ever, it has many fans who would love to see it return in a few years, and it takes a very special place in my heart, as well as those of many others...

For their own sake. Bionicle was LEGO's best-selling original brand. I doubt HF is living up to that.

Where are people getting these statistics? The only time I remember confirmation of such a fact was back in 2002, which was a time in LEGO's history where most other themes were suffering (even the town theme, which is part of why it was replaced, first by World City and then by the City theme we've had since 2005). It certainly wasn't LEGO's best selling brand at the time they ended it, and probably wasn't for a few years before that. Let's face it; Bionicle did not keep itself going as strong as it did near the beginning for its entire run, or they never would've ended it. Perhaps Hero Factory hasn't had such resounding success as Bionicle did in its heyday, but I hardly see that as a reason for LEGO to bring back a failed theme in its place.

I would say that Bionicle is Lego's best selling franchise ever, it has many fans who would love to see it return in a few years, and it takes a very special place in my heart, as well as those of many others...

For their own sake. Bionicle was LEGO's best-selling original brand. I doubt HF is living up to that.

Where are people getting these statistics? The only time I remember confirmation of such a fact was back in 2002, which was a time in LEGO's history where most other themes were suffering (even the town theme, which is part of why it was replaced, first by World City and then by the City theme we've had since 2005). It certainly wasn't LEGO's best selling brand at the time they ended it, and probably wasn't for a few years before that. Let's face it; Bionicle did not keep itself going as strong as it did near the beginning for its entire run, or they never would've ended it. Perhaps Hero Factory hasn't had such resounding success as Bionicle did in its heyday, but I hardly see that as a reason for LEGO to bring back a failed theme in its place.
Note that I said original.Star Wars may have sold more, but they had to pay royalties. No such problem with Bionicle.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

"Well, it could come back, but not yet. Let people get bored of HF first, then start anew with Bionicle. Use some of the all-time favourites, sure, but make it a new start so that everyone can get back into it. Bionicle had a huge following and very good sales, and even though it might seem a bit old, a breath of fresh air to it would do both Bionicle and you wonders..."

Note that I said original.Star Wars may have sold more, but they had to pay royalties. No such problem with Bionicle.
But even when those royalties were subtracted, they earned more.-Dovydas

I wasn't referring to Star Wars. But Bionicle hasn't been reported as their best-selling original property since around 2002, and LEGO has released more than ten original properties since then, including Space Police, Power Miners, and Mars Mission. Mind you, BIONICLE may have earned them more in the long run if only by virtue of its long lifespan, but by 2010 it was far from their best-selling theme.

I'm just assuming that it takes a very special place in the hearts of many....

It does, but keep in mind that those "many" weren't enough to keep the theme alive past 2010 in the first place. A theme's success isn't strictly dependent on fans for whom it has a special place in their hearts, especially since a lot of kids grow out of the toy-buying phase over time and thus won't continue to keep the theme alive. A theme has to be able to attract new fans to replace all of these fans who have moved on for whatever reason. You're right that BIONICLE has a lot of extremely dedicated fans, even outside its "target audience" of kids ages 7-16. But that's not the only measure of a theme's success.Currently, LEGO's top-selling themes are City and Star Wars, and I know this has been the case since even before BIONICLE ended. And it's not because BIONICLE was a "failure" in any way. Frankly, it's rather outstanding in that it lasted so long, since LEGO themes other than "evergreen themes" like City or licensed themes like Star Wars and Harry Potter rarely last more than 2-3 years. A lot of fans seem to have the idea that good stories should be able to last forever, but really I think BIONICLE held off for as long as it possibly could, and we should respect it for that.But something else to remember is that BIONICLE was groundbreaking. LEGO had never done anything of the sort before, and thus it was like a lot of early-2000s themes that ended much more quickly like Studios, Jack Stone, or Galidor. BIONICLE was more successful than these themes by far, but that doesn't mean it was flawless. I'm personally of the opinion that it was too ambitious a project for a mere toy company (even a very large, well-known, and respected one) to handle. It had a story too large for them to be able to promote as the years dragged on, and thus it couldn't reach out to new fans the way a simpler toy franchise like Hero Factory could. Even Hero Factory and Ninjago aren't flawless, and I am not ready to assume they even have BIONICLE's staying power, even if they learned from its mistakes.It may be quite some time before LEGO creates a story theme with the tremendous staying power of other toy franchises like Transformers. When the time comes, I don't think BIONICLE will be the form it takes. Perhaps a new story like Ninjago that starts off somewhat simple and gradually-- but methodically-- is made more complex might some day be able to match BIONICLE's success. But I am skeptical about BIONICLE's deep and powerful end being a suitable starting point for a brand-new appeal to the kids of today.

Are we still discussing this? I think there are a lot of topics like this, and this whole fan war thing is getting very annoying, no offense.

I respond by saying, Once you end Hero Factory, you can surely replace it. Why not use your most succesfull original work ever?(do they make bionicle t-shirts?)

I feel Lego owes us two more years of sets to go with the two extra years of story we were given. Plus, Lego was meant to give us three new movies, but we only got one: Bionicle: The Legend Reborn. It'd be great if they did two more movies to make the trilogy.Not only that, but there are also a lot of awesome characters that were never made as sets, such as Toa Helryx, Makuta Kojol, Lariska and the Sisters of the Skrall. What I wouldn't give to have them as sets!

Because it was the most popular Lego original.And it could be a big sack of money for them.

"BIONICLE should not build off of ten years of backstory. Use names, use locations, heck, use some of the same characters even - but, since one of the reasons that LEGO axed the line in the first place was due to new fans having a hard time getting into it, start it anew. Have it within the canon of the old, but do not make knowledge of it a prerequisite for its full understanding and enjoyment."

This I just about agree with entirely.What I'd love to see is a whole new story set a few decades or so after the end of this story. Or, if Annona's illusion in Sahmad's Tale was a vision of a real future, it could restart 750 years or so in the future.
I'd say something like this. But if Lego doesn't want to bring it back, so be it. I'll remember the great run. And they'll lose SOME of my money (not all of it, I'll still buy Lego sets) :P.Also, unlike what those who don't want it back seem to think, not many of us want it to come out of nowhere. We are willing to wait a few years. Who says my kids can't enjoy Bionicle? :P*points at Lego spokesman* Don't hate on my Bionicle T-shirt that I'm wearing in this hypothetical situation! And if you bring Bionicle back, MAKE BETTER BUILDS! *walks away, sipping on a can of Mountain Dew*

Wrong site to be hating on Bionicle fans, dood. Especially the wrong site for flame baiting. Though many have forgotten that rule, me thinks. Edited by MakutaKlak

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

I respond by saying, Once you end Hero Factory, you can surely replace it. Why not use your most succesfull original work ever?(do they make bionicle t-shirts?)

If it was so successful, how come it ended? BIONICLE ended due to the lack of sales. LEGO needed something new. Just saying.I would say no to that. It had its run, was great, but I feel it just wouldn't be the same. They would really have to be outgoing in order to make it right.

doom4revalt.png

Wrong site to be hating on Bionicle fans, dood. Especially the wrong site for flame baiting. Though many have forgotten that rule, me thinks.
Hm.Yeah.Guys, forgive me for saying that, I was rather unnerved at the time.I don't disagree with what I said though-Dovydas

If it was so successful, how come it ended? BIONICLE ended due to the lack of sales. LEGO needed something new. Just saying.I would say no to that. It had its run, was great, but I feel it just wouldn't be the same. They would really have to be outgoing in order to make it right.
I'm a bit uneasy with phrasing BIONICLE's end as "LEGO needed something new." That's what a lot of people seem to think, and IMO it oversimplifies the situation, leading some people to suggest that after a few years of Hero Factory fans will want something new again and BIONICLE will be able to come back as a fresh surprise to the target audience.While the possibility of this does exist to an extent, I am pretty firmly of the opinion that BIONICLE-- brilliant piece of art and storytelling that it was-- was not sustainable in the long run. I don't think that it's problem was that it was a constantly-continuing story, and it handled a ten-year lifespan quite well compared to how some other LEGO story themes might have fared.I think its real problem, though, was that it was a constantly-expanding storyline. While each year of BIONICLE's story added new adventures and challenges, a lot of the time these built on older plot points that newcomers to the franchise would have a hard time adjusting to. BIONICLEstory.com's redesign in 2008 was IMO the greatest attempt at overcoming this, since it made info about older characters, storylines, and locations accessible to anyone, for free. But especially by the very end, I don't think it was a proper substitute for having experienced the prior years of story firsthand.Even if BIONICLE is brought back several years down the line, even starting at a brand-new point in the storyline, I don't think it would be easy to bring it back. Explaining all the intricacies of what makes an Agori different than a Matoran or a Glatorian different from a Toa would be extremely difficult, and comprehending it would require much more effort from new fans than it usually takes to "jump into" a LEGO theme.Would it be possible? Perhaps. I tend to have a lot of faith in our friends at LEGO. But it's hard for me to say whether they'd have a reason to go to all that trouble unless they had a brand-new master plan of how to keep the story from expanding out of control all over again.

It does, but keep in mind that those "many" weren't enough to keep the theme alive past 2010 in the first place.
Actually, Bionicle was abandoned by TLG because of the overly complex story. Not because it was losing popularity or because it was mediocre.

It does, but keep in mind that those "many" weren't enough to keep the theme alive past 2010 in the first place.
Actually, Bionicle was abandoned by TLG because of the overly complex story. Not because it was losing popularity or because it was mediocre.
Yea, I highly doubt that.If Bionicle was still popular and selling well then it would have not been canceled.The story was complex to a degree, but how many fans actually followed it outside of the comics?

I'm a bit uneasy with phrasing BIONICLE's end as "LEGO needed something new." That's what a lot of people seem to think, and IMO it oversimplifies the situation, leading some people to suggest that after a few years of Hero Factory fans will want something new again and BIONICLE will be able to come back as a fresh surprise to the target audience.While the possibility of this does exist to an extent, I am pretty firmly of the opinion that BIONICLE-- brilliant piece of art and storytelling that it was-- was not sustainable in the long run. I don't think that it's problem was that it was a constantly-continuing story, and it handled a ten-year lifespan quite well compared to how some other LEGO story themes might have fared.I think its real problem, though, was that it was a constantly-expanding storyline. While each year of BIONICLE's story added new adventures and challenges, a lot of the time these built on older plot points that newcomers to the franchise would have a hard time adjusting to. BIONICLEstory.com's redesign in 2008 was IMO the greatest attempt at overcoming this, since it made info about older characters, storylines, and locations accessible to anyone, for free. But especially by the very end, I don't think it was a proper substitute for having experienced the prior years of story firsthand.Even if BIONICLE is brought back several years down the line, even starting at a brand-new point in the storyline, I don't think it would be easy to bring it back. Explaining all the intricacies of what makes an Agori different than a Matoran or a Glatorian different from a Toa would be extremely difficult, and comprehending it would require much more effort from new fans than it usually takes to "jump into" a LEGO theme.Would it be possible? Perhaps. I tend to have a lot of faith in our friends at LEGO. But it's hard for me to say whether they'd have a reason to go to all that trouble unless they had a brand-new master plan of how to keep the story from expanding out of control all over again.
Precisely. I don't follow HF very closely, but I get the impression that while it introduces new characters from time to time and settings fairly frequently, said new characters and settings don't require understanding all that's come before to understand how and why they're there. Bionicle created a very vast, inclusive storyline which constantly built on what had come before, with the end result that each year became more difficult to "jump into" than the others. Of course, this doesn't apply to the sets, but when using the storyline as a marketing tool, it had a seriously detrimental effect.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Yea, I highly doubt that.If Bionicle was still popular and selling well then it would have not been canceled.The story was complex to a degree, but how many fans actually followed it outside of the comics?
Many followed the story outside of the comics through web serials, books and movies. It was cancelled because the story was too deep and it would have been hard for new fans to join in, say, 2008, and easily figure out the story. That's why it was cancelled, because it wasn't gaining many new fans. The story was kept alive pretty much because Greg F wanted to keep it alive for all the fans who had followed the story up until that point.

It already has a solid fan base, and after HF runs out of steam, the builds will be fresh and innovative. There will be a surge of consumption just from previous Bionicle fans, along with HF fans. And hopefully, the reborn Bionicle will be better than ever, drawing in more fans.Additionally, the story line is at a point that allows a fresh start, like on Mata Nui. Whole lot of mystery, unknown, but with characters we know and love (with new ones too). The possibilities are immense, with the characters and the settings and the plot. Also, Lego has BZP as a resource for advice on rebooting Bionicle.a_peace.png

Edited by Fsnorglepuff

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

It already has a solid fan base, and after HF runs out of steam, the builds will be fresh and innovative. There will be a surge of consumption just from previous Bionicle fans, along with HF fans. And hopefully, the reborn Bionicle will be better than ever, drawing in more fans.Additionally, the story line is at a point that allows a fresh start, like on Mata Nui. Whole lot of mystery, unknown, but with characters we know and love (with new ones too). The possibilities are immense, with the characters and the settings and the plot. Also, Lego has BZP as a resource for advice on rebooting Bionicle.a_peace.png

Please allow me to correct you.There will not be a surge of consumption, because unless HF ends in the next three years, everyone will already have moved on for the sake of being busy with other things if not simply growing up.-Dovydas

Please allow me to correct you.There will not be a surge of consumption, because unless HF ends in the next three years, everyone will already have moved on for the sake of being busy with other things if not simply growing up.-Dovydas
As they grow up, they get together and have kids. Both generations could keep interest in Bionicle strong.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!