Bzprpg - Ta-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: * * *

My name is Axeron. I am a Toa of Fire, master of the arts of stealth, hiding, killing. Assassination.

But my problem is that I am master of a skill I don't use. I....guess I need to get out more often. All these days, I just spend it stealing, thieving. I don't even take paid jobs. I don't even work. I just....sit here, cowering.

I guess that's my conclusion.

I am skillful in not using my skills.

No, no. That's why I've decided to do my job. Job? No, not job. Hobby....? Hmmmm......no. I'm still starving for the straight up skill. I know for a fact that are certain things I still need to accomplish. But, my job, my...my duty. I don't have one. Is that the biggest problem? I used to have one, but turns out it was filled with lies. I tried to liberate it, but...I failed. I tried, and failed. So I used my skills differently. Bounty hunter, hired assassin....

And I don't even do anything.

But whose fault is that? Is it mine? Each day I polish my weapons, I keep their edges sharp, and each day I practice with my elements, my powers. My Calix allows me the ability to literally change fate. Each day I can surround myself with the flames of revolution and walk right through. And yet, I do nothing with this. As my sister, Flay, once told me, back in the day of the guard, my power is a blessing. Mata Nui chose me, said, "Axeron, your destiny is set. Follow your path with this power, and you will achieve your destiny."

Well, I tried, God, I tried. But.....is...

IS THIS MY FAULT OR IS THIS YOURS?

Answer me this, oh high almighty. You gift me a sword, a weapon, and yet I have no set path. I have no duty. You leave me to my own whims? Is this abandonment? Or is this my path, huh? If so, why is it so hard? I'm stuck here, in my own village, with a specific skill set, and I can't use it. Why? Because each time I try, something knocks me back down. And I can't even admit it! I am of the shadow, yet I operate in it for the light. So please!

Give me some determination!

The lone Toa of Fire strode through Ta-Koro. Confidence, he realized, was a creation of your own mind. Your mind had to be tough for you to have it, and with it, you can grow everlastingly stronger. But despite this revelation, the Toa of Fire still couldn't - didn't want to - sit up, be confident, be determined, and use his willpower and determination.

Have you ever heard of people who are 'waiting for a sign'?

Axeron is a prime example. And his sign - he hoped, as it would change into a path towards the pinnacle of his life - would soon be coming. But one could only hope for such a thing.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

OOC: Alright, Dralcax, Ussal and Dual Matrix, I say we get things going again.

IC: Butra (Charred Forest)

Butra and the other defenders had finally arrived in the charred forest, the stench of rot and soot so thick it clung to the very air like a vice.

Butra let his gaze pan across the the dead wasteland, for a Ve-Toa it was not a nice place to be. Not a single thing here was alive, it was all dead.

Butra pinpointed the seed pods his fellow Ve-Toa had deployed, ready to bring the hurt to their challenger.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Manatu - Ta-Koro Prison"What's the matter Dorian? No hello?"Tank moved to the edge of his cell, "Not even a 'screw you'?" A smile started to creep across his face as Dorian turned around to face him, "So why'd you turn yourself in?"IC: Tuara - Ta-KoroTuara closed the door to her home behind her. Briskly, she stepped to her kitchen table, picking up her bag of Joske's things. She had planned to give them back to him. But now, things had changed. She shook her head heavily. Tuara simply had to prepare for possibilities that could set themselves before her in the coming months, and maybe years.She picked up the sack before moving to a storage closet in her home, digging through it. After searching for a couple minutes, she uncovered a set of bags similar to the one that held Joske's stolen goods. She sat down cross legged, pulling them out of the closet. She filed through them, pulling out everything she could find. Supplies mostly. Tuara sorted them according to use and urgency of use. Canned foods, a medical kit, various maps and a compass, rope, knives, a set of matches, and a knife, which she clipped to her belt. She pulled out a third bag, which she filled with anything she no longer needed. It was about the same weight and size as the other two.She took hold of the newly sorted bags, comparing them with the things Joske had stolen. After a nod of approval, Tuara Drigon stood up, put all the spare things from the closet back inside, and tied all three bags shut with a couple strands of spare strings. Back into the closet those went.Tuara walked back over to her kitchen, the gears in her head turning. There were many steps she was going to have to take to ensure that nothing backfired into her face. Of course, whether or not anything could be in a position where things could go wrong would depend on how things panned out. But at this point, Tuara was sick of things going wrong for her. And preparations had to be taken to ensure that would not happen again.For a while she sat at her table thinking. There were a couple things she could do on her own to make sure things went alright. But there were others that needed a second person. Or maybe not.This would take some sorting out.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC: I assume our challenger was that Toa of fire that I forgot the name of (sorry).

IC Fehron

"Darn it, where is he..." Fehron muttered, staring through the blackened trees. He turned to the others. "Are you sure he's even here?"

Edited by Dralcax

aouROFb.png

IC: Flaredrick and Lavist

"Yes I have. For just the few months I've been here, I never thought that one day I would lose someone close to me again. So what if we had some disagreements, he was the only person who understood what happened to me."

"Would you mind telling me what happened? I mean...if it's alright."

"I will tell you the burden that I carry, but not here. Let's go to the diner, there we can continue our conversation.

As Lavist heads out of the memorial, Flaredrick looks back at Vakama's grave. (WRONG place if I'm mistaken.) The sun starts to set and at this time he salutes to one person who he last cared about.

"Hey, you coming!" Lavist shouts from the entrance.

"I'll be right there."

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Ripley

Ripley sat alone in the bar, downing her fourth glass of a drink whose name she had forgotten. She was bored, now that Marda was gone on another adventure, and now Ripley was alone. All alone. With nothing to do.

"Gah!" she growled, throwing her glass at a wall. The Matoran barkeeper frowned at her, and she put a few widgets on the counter. "Another." she said. The Matoran shook his head, and Ripley sighed. She went over to a nearby couch and sat, closing her eyes.

"I want something to kill..." she huffed.

OOC: Ripley open for interaction.

IC: Axeron

The 'Defender's incessant chatter was already being registered by the Assassin hidden in the shadows. While the Defenders had gone forth in search of a test, Axeron had instead cleverly decided to be the followers. Instead of waiting, he would follow them. And so, when the group of Toa finally arrived in the Charred Forest.....

Axeron was nowhere to be seen.

But he could see the Defenders, and the moment Fehron spoke, Axeron threw a small compact throwing knife.

Straight at the Toa's face. While other Toa may have creeds about killing, for Axeron, he's ditched that for quite some time. If these so called Defenders failed in even living....well, who are they to defend?

Completely ignoring whether it hit or not, by the time the Defenders caught wind of the direction of the throwing knife, he was already gone, Calix granted abilities propelling away from his old spot, landing perfectly with no sound of impact.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: The glass incinerated in midair. Tomar sighed. "Raul, you can go home." The aged Ta--Toa looked at Aria. "May I ask what you want to drink?"

OOC: If you're talking to me, it's actually Ripley, not Aria. On that note, if you are talking to me, here we go.

Ripley looked up at the old Ta-Toa. Was he offering her a drink?

"Uh...I...anything is fine. Lots of anything." she said, and sighed. "Not like I've got anything better to do."

Edited by Ace of Skulls

OOC: As great as it would be for Ripley to get hammered, she may be needed in the future. Of course, Fe-Toa are naturally endurant, so why shouldn't it apply to alcohol as well?

Ripley smiled.

"Sure. Not like I've got anything better to do, since my boss just abandoned me here." she said, taking the drink. "Say, if you like good drink, you should check out the Dal Riata in Po-Koro. My boss, Marda, owns it, and the liquor is fantastic. At least, when she's there to unlock the good stuff." she said, feeling the warm liquid start to take effect.

Edited by Ace of Skulls

Ripley laughed.

"Yeah, normally I don't either. It messes with the brain when you're trying to get work done, but I haven't had anything to do for a long time." she sighed, and rester her head in one hand, extending a metal claw on the other and carving the wood of the bar.

RIPLEY DRANK HERE

RIPLEY DRUNK HERE

She moved her hand a few feet to the right so she could start a new message.

BEWARE MUAKA'S BANE

She smiled to herself. Hapless Matoran in years to come would probably see it as some warning against a mysterious beast. And now she was having way too much fun with such a simple thing. Sighing, she rested her head on the bar and closed her eyes.

And passed out.

Edited by Ace of Skulls

Ripley's eyes snapped open, her head shooting up. Her claws automatically formed, digging into the bar with great strength. She looked around and saw the old Ta-Toa who had given her drinks the night before.

"Oh...what was in that drink?" she asked, looking around. Morning had come, and she felt a great pounding in her head.

IC: Fiera

I made my way over to a healer. After waiting in the line for a few minutes, it was finally my turn. The medic motioned me to sit on one of the chairs while he looked at the gash on my palm. "When did that happen?" he asked. "Two days ago, about this time." I said, knowing better than to lie about this. The medic shook his head furiously: "And you didn't think to come get it cleaned up?" "It's just a scratch!" I said in defense, unaware of what bugged him so much. Perhaps he too spilled his coffee. "Yes, a scratch full of tiny bamboo splinters!" He exclaimed, putting a hand on my forehead. "At least you're not running fever." He said with a disapproving frown as he readied a needle to pull the splinters out.

An hour later filled with a pointy needle stabbing into my hand viciously and having burning disinfectants poured on the wound to add insult to injury, the medic gave me a bottle. "One pill every day at six until the vial's empty. And they don't mix well with alcohol, so refrain from that for the same time - about a week." He said with a mischeivous look in his eyes. I scowled: "Come on, is that necess..." I protested but the medic cut me short: "And you're off duty for the time being. Further protests will result in me ordering you bed rest, it that what you want?" he said. I stuck out my tongue at him. We kenw each other for some time now, and he was doing this to troll me. "Now shoo. I have other patients waiting." he said and I scrammed, heading home with my anger. It's all fault of that le-matoran. When I get my hands on him! I thought and kicked a pebble angrily, making it skid across the street.

I went to the guard office to pick up some of my stuff I usually left there. It won't be needed for a week. The place looked like there was a fight shortly before. I just shrugged at it though. It wasn't my problem. "Anyone seen Erif?" I asked the crowd, as I wanted to cancel the evening. I wasn't about to go anywhere if I couldn't get a drink, and water didn't cut it.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

Ripley laughed.

"Fair enough. Oh, karz, I shouldn't have gotten that drunk. If my boss had needed me...oh, it would have been horrible." she sad, cradling her head in her hands. She sighed, and looked up at the Toa.

"Say, I didn't catch your name last night. Or, maybe I did, but I can't remember." she said.

"I've noticed." I said with a chuckle. Then again I'm the one to talk, I thought. I had no idea what to do with week's worth of sick time. I'm going to die of boredom. Perhaps I could finally get myself to practice my shooting with the other hand, seeing as the one I usually used to hold the bow was wounded, but could still hold and arrow. "Thanks, ...?" I trailed off, not knowing the person's name.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

The pieces in my head fell into place as I remembered the name. "Ah! The arrow maker? He spoke of you highly. Pleased to meet you." I smiled. I excused myself shortly after gathering my stuff and went up to the wall. It didn't take long to find Erif. I toyed with the thought of ambushing him, but realized that I'd probably wind up with an arrow in my head given my 'top performance' agility. I walked up to him with a friendly wave. "Ey. Sorry, but I can't make it tonight. the paranoid medic got me on meds and banned me from drinking for a week." I apologized, regret and boredom mixing on my face.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

Ripley nodded.

"Yes. Yes, I work for Marda Belatroja. She owns a bar in Po-Koro, but she's also an adventurer and a spy of sorts. I serve as her faithful companion and bodyguard. We've been together since I can remember." she said, sighing. "But now she's gone off on some secret mission and she wouldn't tell me where she was going." she said.

IC: Erif didn't let his minor disappointment show. "It's okay. Anything else you want to do?"

IC: Tomar nodded at the portrait of a younger him and a few other Toa, including one pretty female Toa wearing an Iden, on the wall. Two sets of dates were inscribed underneath it. The first set was all different, one date for each Toa. The other was all the same, but Tomar's was missing. "I know the feeling. Of course, they went on a different kind of mission."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

A mad laughter made it's way from my lungs and didn't die for ten seconds. "Kill me now!" I said, clasping Erif's shoulder. "The Karz medic ordered me off duty and to rest! What am I gonna do a whole week read a book? I'll die of boredom!" I said with exaggerated desperation. "He banned me form physical exertion AND booze. He banned me from my life!" I continued as it fully sank in. Man, I needed to get out more. Letting go of him I leaned on the crenelations, resting my chin in my healthy palm. "At least it's an ordered downtime. I get paid 60% for doing nothing." I smiled weakly, but it did little to cheer me up. "I should go before I become a bother. Or more of it then I am now."

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

Ripley looked at the portrait.

"The Final Journey." she said, remembering how many times Marda had saved her from such a fate. She sighed. "Maybe its time for me to retire. So much death in the world." she said, and began carving nicks in the wood again.

One. "Ace." she said.

Two. "Chess."

Three. "Jinx."

Four. "Silica."

Five. "Ven."

Six. "Cyber."

Seven. "Other. And an X for the dozens whose names have been long forgotten."

She sighed. So many comrades lost to the abyss. She looked up at Tomar.

"How much sorrow can one person take?" she asked.

OOC: So sad to remember all of the characters I had and lost.

OOC: I never actually stated it making contact, you could have dodged, but eh.

IC: [Elysi]

Elysi stumbled back in pain, the sphere exploding on contact with her now bleeding arm, causing her to let go of the hatchet, still buried in her opponent's shoulder. Yet it did provide her with some benefits, the Skakdi's blade only nicking a line across her body instead of cutting through.

"Nobody ..." she coughed, pooling her energies, "... calls me ... DEAR!"

She thrust her hands out, the gauntlets channelling a wave of electrical power towards her opponent.

IC: Purgatory (Ta-Koro)

The Skakdi was thrown backwards as the lighting blasted him in the chest. Part of his armor was blasted off in the process as he slid across the ground, electricity arcing over his body.

IC: Butra

Butra tried to pinpoint their adversary with his mask, quickly scanning the transparent surroundings.

A constant hum was heard as the lenses on his mask adjusted to the dark surroundings.

Over there, between a pair of especially twisted trees.

"He's over there" Butra called out, pointing towards the dark silhouette he could spot.

Butra summoned his power, calling on what little strength was left in the dead trees to reach down and swing their branches at Axeron.

OOC: Feel free to drop in any time, Dracalx

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Thanks for killing him, that was fun and you did me a service.

IC: Purgatory

The Skakdis' body couldn't handle the powerful stream of electricity passing into it so soon after being blasted. Purgatory's body shook as he was literally fried. Then he exploded. Literally. Everywhere. Elysi would probably be covered in his gore from where she was standing.

OOC: You're welcome.

IC: [Elysi]

Elysi stared at the devastation she caused, and down at her own body.

"I think ..." she said slowly, wiping something off her mask, "... that I overdid it."

She looked around inconspicuously, and quickly moved through all the gunk littering the ground to pick up her opponent's weapons - after all, it would be such a waste if she just left them lying in a circle of body parts and guts.

"First things first - I need to take a shower."

OOC: Please, respond with Fehron....

IC: Axeron

Dropping down low and swinging a sword in a wide girth, Axeron managed to cut down the branches, and he quickly leapt upwards, up onto the tree. It didn't support him for long, but by then, Axeron was gone. The crystals did nothing to him.

Now for a counteroffensive. Butra had been the one to see him, and not the others. Axeron already could tell the shape of his mask back in their last encounter; this time it confirmed it. Axeron didn't like X-Ray vision. It was like a wallhack being used on a stealthy person...and so he decided to try and shut it off.

The entire place was a trap. The Defenders may have thought they had the upper hand, they had already fell straight in the trap; Axeron hadn't even been there yet. But as he snapped his fingers and began to focus, heat started to concentrate in the area the Defenders were. To them, the change was minute; it could've just been a rush of geo-thermal energy from underneath them. But to Axeron, the heat was his own doing. And it was going to start to mess up their concentration, tire them out much quicker - later. For now, they wouldn't even realize it. Luckily, Axeron's own Calix and powers prevented the same issues from happening to him.

A throwing knife hurtled to Butra's face, from a spot away from where the crystals were.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013