Bzprpg - Ta-Wahi

Friar Tuck

OOC: Added brickshelf links to character profiles

IC: Fiera

I snickered. "Sure. You've seen the foxhole I call home. I am perfectly comfortable with 'nothing big'." I smiled. I was wondering what he had in mind. Could be anything from cards to, great spirit forbid, dancing. Shuddering at the thought, I continued walking in silence.

Edited by Nohiki

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Myka (Inn, Ta-Koro)Myka had remained silent throughout Zyron's conversation with Huaki, and even for a short while afterwards. Mentally, she was in shock, not only at Huaki but at herself for blowing up like that. She should have just handled it calmly, explained to Huaki that her mother was dead and she must have had the wrong Myka, but instead she shouted so loudly the whole inn probably heard her, which was worse again because of the language she had used during her explosion.Physically, she was standing still, a blank, expression on her face, with her eyes wide and the smallest of tears about to drip from one. A short while after Zyron spoke, she seemed to return, shaking her head and inhaling deeply, her usual expression returning but with a quiet kind of sadness hidden behind it that Zyron hadn't been able to see before. She cleared her throat, and then spoke at last. "Alright then. We'd better get moving."

IC: Zyron (Inn, Ta-Koro)

Zyron looked at Myka for a moment, slightly concerned by what he saw, or rather believed to see?, in her expression. He then nodded.

"You're probably right. But then again..." The Le-matoran hesitated briefly.

"What could happen if we didn't show up there, though? Only theoretically, of course."

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

"Elites in job AND in life." I said, trying to figure the guy out, but then I decided it was none of my business. "So, what do you do for fun? And if you tell me you're on the job all the time, I'm pulling you off the streets every end of the week starting now to catch a breath." I said, deadly serious.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

Yeah yeah as I expected WHAT?! I coughed a few times in surprise. "Excuse me?" I said, raising an eyebrow. "The last one caught my attention. Care to enlighten me? Last time I heard all rahi were controlled by Makuta. Are you... Laughing into the face of the master of shadows?" I inquired, curious smile on my face.

Edited by Nohiki

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Erif looked at her, a fake look of anger on his face that barely concealed a smile. Even so, the corners of his mouth were turned up. "I'm not just some by the book Matoran you know. Even I like to go into the woods and throw rocks into the caves of creatures that I can't really hurt. Then I run through the woods until they stop chasing me."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

"Really?" I leaned back against the wall, arms folded on my chest, sizing Erif up with measuring stare, "Sounds like fun... to watch. I couldn't outrun a towcrab with full load." I said. "Though if someone brought me an infected mask on a plate, I'd be seduced." I said with a challenging wink. I stood there waiting for a reaction, trying to hold the giggles in. Getting under his skin was so easy it was hard to resist.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC:

"No, no, no, nonononononononono - NO! You are not going to see the captain!" the guard snapped in her face. Rhow snarled loudly, blowing out air through her nostrils, disrupting the perpetual ash-particles in Ta-Koro's air suddenly in their lazy drifting. It gave her the likeness of an angry dragon. Not too far from the truth. Big, muscular, large teeth, glaring eyes and now steaming nostrils. The Skakdi slammed her hand on the counter the Matoran was behind, cracking the surface of the wood.

"We need to speak with him. You saw what happened in your village today, you're not going to just wave us off."

"Is that a threat?" the Matoran hissed. The Skakdi had to admit, this fiery temper was something to respect. The guard was faced with over half a dozen Skakdi in a bad mood and he was standing his ground.

"No, just stating the facts."

Before the Matoran could protest, Rhow turned away, looking in the direction of the staircase leading up to the Captain's office inside the guards headquarter.

"JALLER!" Rhow roared. "Somebody here to see you!" The shout was loud enough to startle most within the building and a few outside on the street. Now she just hoped the captain wasn't deaf. That'd be unfortunate.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

I tried to hold a serious complexion, but alas, I failed miserably. Once the corners of my mouth twitched, it was over and I burst out in laughter."Sorry!" I managed to gasp out between giggles. "So sorry... It's just so funny how you blush like that. I'm a meanie I know. Sorry." I said, putting a hand in front of my mouth to hide my grin.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Tuara - Ta-KoroTuara picked up the files in her hands, glancing at the turned Dorian behind the bars.She had gotten over her family a long time ago.Now she would be expected to look into it. But she was no longer in the Guard. However she wanted to keep the files, she would have to give them up. How perfect a time for Dorian to figure this out. She straightened up. Whatever. Tuara promised to stop chasing ghosts years ago. It was time to let others try it.She stepped back, taking one more look at Dorian before leaving. Upon walking outside her office, she nodded to the Guards, "Lock him up," she reached out the files, "Take care of these," Tuara continued walking past them, "Have a good one."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

"Oh, I don't think that's a good idea either. I heard a rumor about a shadow toa running around. I don't think he'd take it kindly." I said, spooked by the idea. "You know, this is one of the reasons I don't believe the propaganda either side feeds us. Great spirit - like karzahni!" I complained, "The Toa were supposed to be our protectors, while we were supposed to be workers according to them. Now look at us. We do armed combat despite being quite possibly the weakest nation that lives on this rock, while some Toa ally with whom they were supposed to protect us from." I sighed, walking out to the street. "Same goes for Makuta. How do I know it's not a fiction developed to keep us showing at those 'jobs' they glorify as 'duty'."

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Erif sighed as he walked out with her. "Think of it this way. I've seen enough infected creatures to know that something is controlling them, and that thing is not good. Whether a deity or just some high technology I don't know. If you've ever been locked in combat with a Rahi long enough to know your enemy as well as you know yourself, the knowledge of Makuta is undoubtable."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

"Well when you put it like that it sounds stupid to resist." I shrugged, "I dunno. Don't get me wrong I'll fight them till I drop, but perhaps if his power is so easily taken away, the great spirit might not be the one we should be putting our trust into." I continued with the philosophy. I reached down to my belt, unhooking a small pouch of treats I kept there, for jsut these occasions when I felt blue. "Mint?" I offered.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

"I guess. It would be nice to know though if this was the only land here. Sometimes I can't help but wonder if it would be possible to just set sail for the sea and maybe find a new island to call home and just... start over." I said in dreamy tone. "Or out there." I said, nodding to the sky, "But as far as anyone went, all they found was water and more water." I sighed.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Dorian (Holding Cell, Guard HQ)

When I disappear, do you fear for the sister I took?

When I disappear, it is clear I am up to no good

I am drearily bloodletting this bedwetting cosmonaut

"Son, the last thing you'll realize you'll need's what you've already got."

I have nothing to say.

Were you expecting an anecdote? A stirring metaphor? Maybe something funny, some situational humor?

Suck it up. People will always disappoint you; learn to live with that, because it's something you're gonna get faced with more and more as the years tick on. Slowly, every wrinkle in your face, every bag under your eye, every line of dried salt on your face where a tear once blazed its trail south, every one of these things will be a visual reminder of someone who has failed you. Thing is, I don't have any of those wrinkles or bags or tears. Such is my curse.

Youth knows no pain.

So touch me, or don't

Just let me know

Where you've been

Sad thing is, the first person who I can think of when it comes to people who have failed me is Heuani. Yes, that Heuani. That magnificent, shadowy hot hot hot psychopath Heuani. The one who lured me out into the jungle, flirted around, gave me a wink or two that made my very heart quiver, then impaled me and ruined a very fine, rare, beautiful specimen of oak tree with very fine, rare, beautiful blood, blood so powerful and destiny-laced you could swear it was nectar of the gods. Fill a shot glass with my blood and give it to your pet, your pet'll get superpowers.

Or it'll drop dead. It's all conjecture at this point.

Dorian Shaddix's Pet Euthanasia Services.

That slippery Heuani should've erased me when he had the chance. Not just stabbed me, not just killed me, not even just obliterated me.

I wanted to be destroyed in that jungle. And then Tuara picked up that gun and that scarf and once again, I was alive when I really had no business or desire to be.

She failed me, too, Tuara, except she did it twice, once by keeping me alive, and then again by refusing to let me at least make the most of my life. If someone had offered me the chance to go back and off myself before I had destroyed my family, I would have taken it. In an instant. The problem was with Tuara, she had grown a pair since the last time I saw her. What's more, she had sacrificed everything that had made her worth saving to grow that pair. Was she becoming me? No. She was worse than me.

How many pets would die of drinking my blood, now, that Tuara had - quote - saved - unquote - me?

At least I didn't try to be alone. Tuara?

Please drop me a line with a hook and some raw bleeding bait

For I am uncaught and still swimming alone in the lake

Shimmering under a moon made in anger and angst

Shimmering like a penny out of reach in the subway grate

She was alone, and by her own volition. That was masochism.

Somewhere, on the wall to the far right of me, shapes began to scrape themselves into the metal wall, sending wretched sounds like nails on chalkboard bouncing around the echo chamber of my holding cell. Screech, on screech, on screech. Multiple layers of pain and annoyance and rage and wretched beauty, coiled up in a single package and mailed off to a final destination unknown, bouncing from service route to service route as it went, never restful, always moving.

There was symmetry in that.

Kynaera had failed me. At last, I realized this, and it crashed down onto my shoulders as though it were sky and I were Atlas, and all at once I was unable to shrug the truth off, for it bore down on my mortal body with the strength of a thousand men, crushing me in its simplicity and its sheer vastness. It had not been I who had failed: it was Kynaera, who waited too long to save me, who let me be tortured, who tried to blend in and let me lose myself deep in the snows of Ko-Wahi, buried under snowdrifts, until the creature that she recovered and promptly abandoned again was not Dor Shaddix.

Truth was, Dor Shaddix was dead.

So touch me or don't

Just let me know

Where you've been

We could leave it alone

I'm sure there's someone who knows

Where you've been

Bad Company.

I had been so sure I was ready to leave, so positive that my life could improve as soon as I was out of the employ of the Four Peers, away from Xa-Koro, away from its blushing bride, Aurelia the electress, away from Brykon and Jin and Grokk and everything they represented. That, in a way, was true; without the Four Peers to guide my fate, I was truly free again, and I was always better off on my own than I was with any sort of team. In my stead, I had left Jin: when I returned to Xa-Koro with the Vortixx in tow, we had been one man above headcount, and now her soul was left to bear the burden of mine.

If it couldn't...well. I was used to people failing me.

You could never work well with our group

Not with the faults we found

So we've fixed you with cement galoshes

And no one can save you now

Most of all, I had failed myself.

I, with all my philosophy, all my intelligence, all my looks, I had failed by truly sinking back down to the level of the common man; for a brief second, a bright hope for salvation, a desire to help both myself and - perhaps - help Tuara had led to me being locked in this cage, like an animal in a zoo. Any second now, a Guard would come along and sling peanuts at me, waiting for me to get riled up and take a swing at him. Then, the next day, he would do it again, except I knew he would bring a friend. Then the friend would bring a friend. Then that friend would bring a family member, except now you'd have a whole big line and everyone would be looking at me like I was just a rare Rahi. They would put a sign up next to this holding cell, like they do for the rare zoo exhibits: Sexibeasticus dorius.

And all the girls would ask, is it safe if we touch him? The guys would shrug, looking at me warily, and then they'd rest one hand on their weapon.

If you're feeling lucky enough. Sure.

And meanwhile, another lifetime away, in a cage all her own, Tuara Drigton would sit alone with a bottle of alcohol, slowly drinking herself to death until I died and the world needed a new Sexibeasticus dorius to fill the gap in the species, which was by now rapidly growing extant because there could only be one dorius at a time. That was all the island needed: a second me.

And then, just like the last me, she would be cast aside under the rug, into a cage, where people could throw peanuts and watch in rapt fascination as they wonder how one person who seemingly had it all could fall so low.

Unless you have friends among fish

There'll still be no air to breathe

You could drink up the entire ocean

We'll still find someone to be everything

We know that you'll never be

No. Not to me, that wouldn't happen to me. I wouldn't die in a cage, surrounded by peanut shells and Guardsmen poltergeists disrupting my rest to poke fun at me every waking moment. I had more in my life - more in myself - than to allow myself to die so ingloriously, only to be replaced again by Tuara so that she could stumble down the same path I had. This was not a subtle grab at vanity, nor a declaration of defiance. It was, as with everything I did, cold hard fact, primality and instinct wrapped up in sensuality and silken words. Poetry in motion.

I was not some regular Matoran's pet, to be fed crimson nectar and then cast under the rug.

I am my own personal walking wrinkle, my own bag, my own scar running down my abdomen like a droplet of condensation, and until I'm not, I can never improve.

So touch me or don't

Just let me know

Where you've been

Or we could leave it alone

I'm sure there's someone who knows

Where you've been

My name is Dorian Shaddix, and when I get out of this cell, I am gonna kill everybody.

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Tuara - Ta-Koro

Upon walking outside her office, she nodded to the Guards, "Lock him up," she reached out the files, "Take care of these," Tuara continued walking past them, "Have a good one."

IC: Flay

She could feel the heat beneath her feet as she walked. Despite all the recent happenings, she still couldn't believe she was back here. "Home, sweet home." she muttered under her breath, the team behind her not hearing. She was headed in the direction of the guard barracks; more specifically, the training arena.But as she passed, she noticed a slender - *ahem*hothothot female Toa walk past her. Immediately, she snapped her arm up, saluting the Toa. "Commander Tuara!"

Even as she said that, though, she could see something different. The Tuara in front of her looked a bit...more depressed than the Tuara she knew. What had happened?

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

OOC:Really sorry for such a sucky interaction JL. I had this WHOLE thing written up before I saw your post. If you'd like, Flay could ask about Tuara in the morning.IC: Tuara - Ta-KoroTuara turned to face the Guard. Up her own hand went, a lazy salute, "Hello Flay."She stopped, "You don't have to salute anymore though hon, I'm retired."Tuara shuffled away.

There's a point where making things better isn't always a viable option. At least not directly. Any other day Tuara would've opened those files, poured into them, caught the killer of her brother and parents before casting him behind bars, and gone on with her life. But not today. Not when everything was falling apart. Not when she was falling apart.She closed the door to her home behind her, stopping to sigh and lean against it. For a good couple minutes she just stood there, looking at her home. It was fairly open and lacked much decor. But it wasn't dull. Not that it mattered anyways, Tuara never really spent much time here. Her job in the Guard meant most of her life took place either at the HQ, or in her own office. She'd slept there a couple times before, even after coming home. She had never taken much time off as she had planned, having decided that her mind was better spent on her job than what happened with the Mark Bearers.But she was happy enough. She was recovering, Angelus by her side.Tuara pushed off the door, her head seeming to trail after her chest as she stood upright again. Her feet trodden and weary, she shuffled across the room towards the dining room. The Toa of fire reached forwards and placed the now empty bottle of scotch on her kitchen table. She had downed it before she even got home. After plotting the bottle onto the wooden platform, Tuara waltzed over to one of her cabinet's opening it up to take a look at what drinks she had on hand. Bars were expensive, and with Tuara out of a job, it was time to get economical. And drunk.She shuffled various containers around before she settled on a wine. Reaching for it, she realized she was saving it for Angelus and her.Well, karz. Might as well break up with jungle-boy right now.It's good wine.Tuara pulled away from the cabinet.Hey Dren, if I get drunk, do you get drunk?I think if I had feet, I wouldn't be well balanced right now.Tuara held the bottle out, her thumb just under the cork. With a thought, a small flame flipped out, burning through the cork's edge, causing it to pop loudly and launch across the room.No glasses?What's the point.Can't argue with that.Tuara put the wine down on the table before slumping into her chair, one arm hanging lazily over the edge. With her right arm she tilted it so the mouth was on her lips. It was there the glass container stayed for a moment, getting a couple good big swigs in.Not strong enough.Yeah.Tuara stood up to see what else she had.Hey Dren.What.What do you think - Get more scotch - of those files Dorian pulled.Tuara diverts from the scotch to vodka, ignoring Dren's request.I dunno, pretty freaky if you ask me. How he figured it out I'll never know.Yeah. Woah. Wait.What? You're actually gonna pick up the scotch?Tuara started speaking out loud, motioning as she would have in a normal conversation with anybody, "Screw you and your scotch. I've had enough of that roke for one day. Vokda baby," Tuara sat back down at her table, downing more alcohol. She stopped, making a smacking noise with her lips as she pulled the drink away from here, "Vodka is where it's at."Whatever. What were you going to say?Tuara giggled, pointing a finger ahead of her, "Hold on mister, you donn't get away that easily. You're gonna drink your vodkuh and you're going to enjoy it," her smile quickly disappeared, her eyes diverting from the empty space before her to the wooden table. She held onto the vodka with both hands now in a self conscious manner. She sighed sadly, "Dren, you're not real."Yeah, you kind of stop living when you're dead.

Almost a full bottle of vodka later, Tuara stop to stare at the table for a couple minutes, "Dren I'm all alone now."You've got me.Tuara shook her head lazily, "Nowpe. You're me. And I'm you. We're jussst in this body together! That doesn'k count," Tuara made a little gesture to her figure, "This b-e-autiful body together," she smirked, looking ready to laugh, "Lookin' gewd Dren!" Tuara burst out laughing, slamming her hand on the table as her gasps subsided. She finished off such and outburst with more "vodkuh". She made another pointed finger, as though telling somebody to wait for her to finish drinking before speaking again. She stopped, making an "O" shape with her mouth, "Dude! You're a girl!" A dumb smile started to spread across her face, somehow still reflecting a sudden deep realization.No I'm not, and that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard."Y-y-eah you are!" Tuara seemed to become genuinely concerned with getting her point across, once again gesturing to herself, "Look man! Or sshhould I say, wohman," she chuckled again, "What's it like being a girl, girly boy?"Oh God Tuara. I don't like it when we're drunk."Hey, shaddup and answer the question l-ady-man," A girlish giggle, "You're s-*-ck here with me, and IIIIIII run this ship. You ca*'t run from the truth!"These feelings are not something I'd like to explore right now, or ever as a matter of fact."Does," Tuara seemed to forget speaking while drinking doesn't work, so her words were sacrificed, "Does that mean you like boyyyyes? Oh, you probleh think Angel's cute don'tchu," she laughed to herself, getting no response from Dren. A couple minutes passed, Tuara continuing to drink, "Oooohhhh mmmaaayun alive," Tuara's facial expression became much more sly than before, an eyebrow raise was somehow managed in her drunken state, "You see that Toa o' aie-ron in my office*chk? WwwwOAH."You're starting to scare me Tuara.Tuara waved her hand, spilling a little alcohol over the mouth of her bottle. She turned her attention to it momentarily before assuming a defensive look again, pointing at an empty chair, "I would never go for a physcho. Phsychopth," she narrowed her eyes, trying to pronounce psychopath properly. After a moment she gave up, settling on a shorter word in her vocabulary, "I woud never go for a crazy. But I can't *elp but wonder, cause you're a lady noww," her pointing finger came up again, jabbing at nobody, "What do y*ow think of that guy's lewks?"I really don't like drunk you."Drunk us, you selfish jerk," Tuara suddenly felt offended, and consoled herself with more drink, "It was just a quesh, question you prrrrick," Tuara titled the bottle up one last time, finishing off it's contents.Tuara finished her drink, slammed it on the table, and pushed back her chair before knocking it over and falling over with it. She rolled over on the hard ground before pushing herself up again. She was off balanced, and had to put her hand out to prevent herself from running into her counter. For a moment Tuara stood there, breathing heavily before slowly standing up straight.Once in her room she stood at the door for a moment, just looking at her bed. After a moment of staring at it with lazy eyes, she waltzed forward and fell onto it.

Edited by snoip lion

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC: Sokay.

I think it would be pretty cool to talk with hungoverTuara anyways.

IC: Flay

Her eye twitched. While her hand didn't leave from it's saluting position yet, her eye muscle twitched. If this were anime, her eye's would probably be animated in some kind of weird, dumbfounded and sarcastic way with large white...stuff and small pupils. And then she'd have those blue-purple lines streaking down the side of her forehead, and maybe a few animated question marks and exclamation marks floating upwards beside her head.

Gosh, if people could do that, socially I'd probably have 1 more friend than I have right now. 1.

Either way, not only was Jaller now in a much more busier spot than before, and the next-in-line, Commander Tuara, having retired.....well, shucks. She doubted there would be someone else who could do much more.

Entering the guard Barracks (Still want it to be named Obama), she slumped on a couch, ignoring the salutes from the other guards. "At ease", she mumbled, then asked, "Did Commander Tuara Drigton, uh, step down....?" But the question was probably already answered by the facial expressions of the other guards. To her team behind her, probably only 1 or 2 knew of Tuara. But Flay....well, Tuara had probably been one of the two driving forces in her joining the military - and advancing through it. The emotions flooding through her - and the memories - were purely annoyance. If this was what it felt like with responsibility on your shoulders, being the one who give orders, then procrastination was probably one of the greatest sweets of all time.

Ahh, procrastination.

Which reminded Flay, she still has Dorgath to worry about. As she went on working for the paperwork for a formal assignment to both the Guard and her squad, a little laughter came as well.

If Dorgath had seen Tuara, he'd probably have fainted from the....heat.

She'll have to leave the Tuara issue until tomorrow morning, but she didn't want to leave it to rest. Because a Guard without driving forces like Jaller and Tuara...kinda sucked.

She yawned.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013