Bzprpg - Ta-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Baranx

"What's the point? He's probably far away already" Baranx stated as he slowly approached Turaga Vakama's body, taking care not to touch it as he looked upon the dead heartlight of his fellow Huna-wearer.

"The last thing we can do is make sure no one tampers with the body or evidence. Vakama deserves justice, and a proper resting place"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Flay

"Everyone, stand guard. Baranx, Feran, come with me. We'll deliver the news to Jaller." She stared at the body one last time, seeing that peaceful smile. Even in death, Turaga Vakama had quite the ability to create peace. Nobody was freaking out, yet.

She opened the door, and took her leave.

======

The trio walked, slowly. The image of the people in pain, it burned in her mind. But that image was swept, clean, by Turaga Vakama's dead body, not because of the fear and pain but for the peace and happiness Vakama had been in, even as he passed on into the afterlife. Flay wondered what the other Turaga would think.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Baranx

Baranx was deep in thought as he followed after Flay and Fehran. Trudging silently after them, his quiver slightly bumping back and forth on his back.

Turaga Vakama was dead. Now, Baranx had to admit he had never really met the Turaga of Ta-Koro, but he'd occasionally heard Turaga Onewa speak very highly of him, and anyone who earned Onewa's respect were great people in Baranx's book.

As they finally reached the guard's office, Baranx swallowed as they went through the door.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Rhow's fist shot up, signaling the group to halt. She sniffed audibly, Destian looking at her, the question obvious in his expression. "What is it?"

"Heard something. Footsteps. Someone running." she replied, powering up her vision. The colours of her field of view shifted, until she saw things in a blue hue. Well, deep purple, actually. In the village of fire, everything was warm in some way. Above the rooftops, she could see and orange shimmer, heat rising from the lava surrounding the village, which was far hotter than any living being's body inside its walls. Still, Rhow could make out a number of red-orange shapes through the walls of the buildings lining the narrow alley. She looked in the direction of where she thought the footsteps were coming from.

"There. A Vortixx. Looks like she came from where we're headed. Doesn't matter now, we need to get to the Turaga."

The group nodded, some growled in agreement and then they were moving again. Within the minute, they managed to find the alley the Vortixx had run down. And at the end, Rhow could see the shape of the hut it led to. It was the Turaga's. And there, in the back-wall was a door, barely noticeable, but not when you could see through the wall itself. Figures were inside, surrounding something or somebody on the ground, but their feet obscured the shape and the Skakdi didn't know what to make of it.

"Three or four Matoran inside. Not sure if they're guards, but I'd bet on it. Let's say hello."

With a few hand-signals, the six of them took position behind the back-door, then Rhow dug her clawed fingers into the gab between the door and frame and pulled it open. With hands on their weapons, the Skakdi stepped inside, only to find the Matoran standing around a body of an elderly man. Rhow recognized the nobly shape of the mask on his face. It was the Turaga, a smile still on his face. The Matoran had their weapons raised, spears and shields to protect their fallen elder, but they knew they were no match for the horde standing in the room now.

Rhow let out a frustrated sigh, looking at the blood and droplets of water on the floor. Something was nearby as well, hacked to pieces. It looked like a slug of sorts. She remembered hearing about them at lake Pala a few days ago. Para-something. This complicated things. She thought about what the Aparangi-Toa had told them. Maybe this had nothing to do with anything, but she didn't trust anything at face-value anymore. With the Turaga dead, who knew who would step up to take charge. Could be the wrong people. The guards still pointed their spears at them, unsure of what the Skakdi before them wanted. They looked like they were barely keeping it together. No surprise there. But they had no time to join in the mourning of an old man that they didn't know. They just knew without him, things were looking grim and they still needed to do a job. Rhow glanced at Viloz, then looked back at the guards.

"Don't...do anything!" one of them ordered. Rhow ignored his words. "Who's running the village now?" she asked, direct and to the point.

"Captain Jaller was appointed to lead the village during the Turaga's absence." the guard at the rear muttered, glancing at Vakama's body. "But if things keep getting worse, the Makuta might as well be in charge soon..."

Rhow snorted. "Not on my watch. Where's the captain?"

"Guard headquarter, not far from here. It has a big tower, you can't miss it."

Without another word, the horde left, this time through the front door, leaving the guards standing over the body. Outside, Sookus and Iraanus were helping a few Matoran clear the rubble of the explosions. When they saw their companions they stopped and rejoined the group in front of the hut. Rhow filled them in on the new situation.

"So what now?" Sookus asked.

"Date with the captain." Rhow replied. And with that, the eight Skakdi marched towards the Ta-Koro guard HQ.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

:kaukau: IC: (Ruby)

There was a commotion outside her door about Vakama's death, and all Ruby could do was it with her back against one wall while she threw a ball at the opposite wall to pounce back at her. The simple, repetitive movement prevented her from getting too sad, but it only drew her deeper into dwelling on her new reality.

Vakama, dead?

She set up a canvas and began painting a picture, not entirely sure how it would turn out, but driven by the emotion of the moment to express something true to her feelings, something that would tell future generations exactly what it was like to live at this moment in time. She stopped at her outline, as she wasn't entirely sure how to complete the picture, but she had an image of a Matoran much like herself on a path heading away from something and toward another something. She had a hunch that the other something was Vakama, although she wasn't sure. The art was, at this moment, just a sketch. But she would remember that sketch later and complete it.

Then she gave up and left her hut. She couldn't stand being alone. There were other people with troubled emotions. They needed her and she needed them.

A Ko-Tohunga and a Po-Tohunga walked past her, and she switched directions to walk beside them. The three trekked down the main street of Ta-Koro without saying a word, and they stopped outside of Vakama's hut, among a growing crowd.

"This way," said Ruby, tugging at the Ko-Tohunga. She dragged him along. The Po-Tohunga looked to his side, surprised for a moment that his companion was no longer there, and then spotted him being dragged away through the crowd. He skipped after them. Ruby helped the Ko-Tohunga up a ladder to rest on the roof of a hut nearby that gave a clearer view of the scene.

"My name is Ruby," she said.

"Tom and Kraggh," said the Po-Tohunga. "I'm Tom and he's Kraggh."

"Were you just wandering through Ta-Koro randomly?" asked Ruby.

"Point of fact, yes," said Tom. "It's been a while since we've been in any Koro. We've mostly been hiking. It seems that every time we step in town there's a tragedy. When I was last in Po-Koro there was a Rahkshi attack and a friend of mine died fighting for me." He lowered his head.

"Don't be sad. Vakama wouldn't want us to be sad?"

"Why do people always say that?" asked Tom. "How would we know? I don't si there thinking about whether or not I would want people to be sad for me after my death. Honestly...I don't know. I have no idea what I would prefer. I'd just want people to be people, to be true to themselves. If that includes crying, then fine. That's what they need to feel in order to deal with death, then who am I to argue? I feel sad after death. It's natural. It's what happens, and it's what makes us Matoran."

Ruby saw Cari down in the crowd. Her old acquaintance. She wondered if it was alright to go down and greet her, but somehow that didn't seem right. She felt that Tom needed he. As for Kraggh, that stoic Ko-Tohunga, she had no clue how to read him. Honestly, those Ko-Tohunga. On second thought, she could always ask.

"How do you feel, Kraggh?"

He nodded.

"Wait, are you trying to say that you agree with Tom?" she asked.

He nodded again.

"Our feelings are what make us Matoran," said Tom. "I think Kraggh knows that more than anybody. He's the most real person I have ever met."

Ruby shrugged, and leaned in against Kraggh's cold frame, passively taking in the scene unfolding before them and now having no understanding of what she believed to be true and false at this point in time. What was sadness? What was grief, tragedy? What did Vakama even mean to her?

Their leader, counselor, her dearest father.

And then she finally cried, and so did her companions, for it was a sad day.

IC: Huaki (Inn, Ta-Koro)

Huaki nodded slowly. It was clear she understood that what Zyron had said was sarcasm, but was overlooking it to make her point. "That would make sense, yes."

~

IC: Zyron (Inn, Ta-Koro)

Zyron tilted his head slightly, one eyebrow still raised. "Well, I hope it's not a problem for you if I join you, then", the Le-Matoran replied.

'Maybe I should go get my hat first... and the bag. Just in case' he thought.

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

IC: Fiera

I was on my way home. This has been how i was spending the few days of vacation i had: running off to Le - Wahi and resupplying on arrows. It was bad enough that I was preparing stuff for my work in my free time, but I have cut my left hand on this trip, making it impossible to hold my bow for a few days. But it was better than serving drinks in the inn.

Loud bangs torn me away from my thoughts and I looked in the direction where it came from. To my great dismay, it came from the village. Of course something would happen while I was away. It was just my luck, or lack thereof. First I wanted to hurry back, but then I realized that the first thing I would do is to lower the bridge, so whoever set up something to blow wouldn't escape, at least not so easily. How did I know somebody was behind this? One does not simply leave explosive stuff unattended in the village of fire, that's how. I continued on my own, slow pace, knowing well there won't be anything I could do.

After what seemed to me as hours but was barely one, I reached the gates. I was right, the bridge was down. Shedding the extra quivers loaded with new arrows at the guard office, I looked to the nearest person and asked: "What happened?"

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Feran

Feran followed. He had sheathed his sword.

The single most important thing he had remembered from that scene was Turaga Vakama's expression. Of peace. Forgiveness.

But who had done it. It was so cruel. To let the Turaga return to the villages, then kill them infront of everybody... when would the injustice end?

IC (Jin)

I ran through the back alleys of Ta-Koro, hardly caring where I went, but still alert to make sure I kept out of the main streets, and kept quiet, keeping any curious people off my trail.

This assassination hadn't turned as expected, obviously. I hadn't thought it would be so hard, but, then, I also hadn't expected to do the things I did. It was amazing how far I'd let myself slip... and yet how easy it was to justify everything.

I didn't want to die... but, in a way, I did. Everything would be so much easier if I didn't have to feel anymore. I longed for the peace that had been on Vakama's face as he died, but what hurt most was that I knew I'd never get it. Never. I was scum, and I didn't know any better. I'd never climb out of this pit. It was how I'd always lived, and how I always would.

I crept in through the back door of a bar, sliding past a startled waiter, claiming I'd just popped outside for a smoke, and slid onto a stool. The bar was full of people talking; I wished it was quiet so I could think, but it was better that it was loud for now: there was less chance of someone noticing me. I ordered a bourbon on the rocks -Dor had left me a taste for the stuff; along with a bad taste in my mouth, that was the only thing he'd left me before he left for good.

The words left me stunned. The Turaga was dead. I did not cry. I was at peace with the fact that people died, now more than before. It made me angry instead. Something took our leader from us, and it was going to pay for it one day. I looked at the crying guard. Erif, was it? Another archer among our ranks. Higher rank - don't overdo it, i thought to myself.

"On your feet, guard." i said in firm, but not harsh voice. "Would Vakama want you to crumble like this? We are those who must be strong for the others at times like this one!" I continued my attempt to pull him out of his sadness. "There will be time to grief, but not now." I said, putting my hand on the other matoran's shoulder, "Now, what can we do about it, sir?" I asked. There goes the rest of my vacation - back to work.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Butra and NPC

The massive commotion outside had diverted Butra's attention from the threatening note the hooded stranger had left for The Defenders. As the Ve-Toa went out on the street he saw a Ta-Matoran passing by, his face twisted in a bizarre amalgamation of shock and grief.

"Excuse me, sir, what's all the fuzz about?" he asked.

"Turaga Vakama was..." the matoran began, before he paused with a huge breath "assassinated"

"Mata Nui" Butra whispered.

He turned in the door to his companions, regarding each carefully.

"Well, it seems to me the island will require heroes more than ever now"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Axeron - Flay

Axeron had, by chance, managed to see the assassin. The roof wash is home turf; Nobody could beat him on it. Sadly, he couldn't see the person exactly, but he could tell it was a Vortixx. Male or female, he didn't know. Who, even less idea.

So he had returned. He had saw his sister; She could handle it. So too could everyone else. And his job was to test that. For now. As Butra returned to talk to his fellow Toa, Axeron watched from his hiding place, watched and waited.

=====

Flay saluted outside of the guardhouse. Orders had been received. She was a soldier, and grief in her heart wasn't meant to be shown now. Not now, while she had a duty. "We'll stand guard round the hut." She told her team.

And so they did just that, waiting outside Turaga Vakama's hut for Jaller.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Erif nodded and wiped his tears away. The Guard soldier didn't get angry, at least not in the average Ta-Matoran sense. His anger was focused, more like a laser than a flame. "Call me Erif. I doubt you're a lower rank than I am. Besides, now is not the time for formality." He scratched the back of his head. "I don't know what we can do, other than attend the funeral for now."IC: Amsa and Recra were guarding Vakama's hut along with Flay's team. It wasn't that Jaller didn't trust Flay, but he thought there should be a full time guard presence, and by one higher in rank than Flay. Amsa stood attentively, waiting for orders from either Recra or Flay.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

"Well, that's a little morbid." I shuddered, looking over the lava to the closed gates of the koro. "Gah, I feel so useless!" I complained. But Erif was right, there was nothing to do. If we left here, the way be unobstructed for the criminals to escape. Hopefully the highway entrance was blocked off before anyone could make it out. I sat down in one of the chairs in the briefing room, until the captain's orders arrived.

Edited by Nohiki

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

"This is not how i imagined spending the rest of my day off." I sighed, twiddling thumbs. And then i remembered what made me hurry home in the first place. "Tell me, on my way here, i heard something explode. Did... did they bomb Turaga's hut?" I said uneasily. Vakama did not deserve a closed casket funeral, let alone for his body to be desecrated like that. "I hope the old man rests in peace." I whispered.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC:

I shook my head. It didn't make any sense. No matter how big the distraction, captain Jaller wouldn't make a mistake like not guarding the Turaga. Would he? I voiced my worries to Erif. "I smell a rat. Three of them. With an accomplice." I muttered. And if I saw this, others had to. "Was it bad? How occupied was the area?" I said uneasily, knowing what a bomb in places like a bazaar could do.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Bloodstone, Dagger

Each of the knives became encased in crystal and became too heavy to sustain their flight pattern. They fell to the ground, embedding themselves in the wooden flooring of the tavern.

"As am I."

Bloodstone was thrown against the wall, but that didn't stop him. A large band of crystal formed around Crystalia's neck and gradually began to shrink, closing around the Toa's windpipe.

Dagger moved in, ready to deliver the killing blow if Bloodstone gave the word.

67tlbk.png

IC:

"To Karzahni with them!" I cursed. One thing I usually don't do a lot. "I hope they won't pull me off the lines. They have already offered me a position at the academy to train rookies. I'm afraid now they might not ask." I said, the thought of teaching cadets how to hold a weapon being very unpleasant. "Say, you know if your friends and family are allright?" I asked with concern.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Crystalia (Ta-Koro)

She began to choke as the crystal-ban formed around her throat. She looked at Dagger as she approached. “Help… me kill him,” she said. “We can do it together, we can share the bounty,” she said. “A million widgets each,” she said. “We don’t need him any longer.” She then did a back flip behind the bar. She began to expand the armor of her neck with her magnetic powers, magnetically pulling her armor apart. It expanded and continued to expand until suddenly the crystal band shattered. She sucked in air as she breathed heavily.

Edited by Flex Capacitor

OOC: sorry 'bout the delay folks...

IC

It was all quiet in Jaller's office.

The sounds of day-to-day life outside these walls, down in the street below.

He sat there, in his chair, thumbing the large amulet Turaga Vakama gave him. Playing over in his head what his surrogate father said.

An explosion, then another, then another, ripped through the tranquil Koro, shattering the hopeful and festival atmosphere.

Still, it was all quiet in Jaller's office.

The sounds of shouts, the marching of the guard, the confusion, chaos, the screams of the dead and dying. Children crying out for their parents.

Still, it was all quiet in Jaller's office.

He sat there, knowing what was happening, but was unable - indeed, forbidden - to interfere. So he stared angrily, frustratingly, then sadly at the opposite wall, amulet still in hand until the noises outside became more normal.

Yet, still, it was all quiet in Jaller's office.

There was a knock, then a pound, then after a moment a series of bangs on his door. He didn't acknowledge at first; he didn't want to. Doing so would mean he would have to face the death of Turaga Vakama. As long as he staying in this office, closed off to the world, he was still alive.

But nothing lasts forever. Not even a Turaga.

Slowly Captain Jaller stood up, placing the amulet on the table, straightening his back and shoulders as he did so. With forced purpose he heavily walked for his door, and after one final moment he grasped the handle and opened it. There greeting him, as expected, were a large company of his own Guard.

The look on his face showed that he already knew. No words were exchanged.

"Ready the Guard, seal off the turaga's hut. I want his body prepared for the funeral immediately. Select an honor guard, and let the village know that starting at sundown there will be a Koro-wide holiday - nothing will be allowed to remain open unless absolutely necessary. We will honor our Turaga our way."

The Koro was deserted. Throughout the village every building lay vacant, every store closed, every home dark, for the entire populous had come out for the solemn event. The main road through the village was now lined with people, but it was not a happy occasion. It was quiet, it was sad, and many matoran had wet eyes as they craned their necks to look down the avenue to see the procession.

Jaller was at the front. Tall, proud, dressed in his military finest dress uniform, he looked the part of the proud and unyielding defender of the Koro that he was. Behind him were a limited yet wide assortment of officers, town officials, and the otherwise small group of individuals that held important stations within the Koro. Behind them were the Honor Guard, a Vanguard of members that were right in front and protected the Bearers, four individuals tasked with carrying the body of the Turaga down the street and into the passage that to the volcano. Behind then marched the rest of the Guard, or at least the number that did not either volunteer or get volunteered as security detail for the event. near the rear were the band members, mostly consisting of drums with a few brass and string instruments, playing a fitting tune as they paraded through the streets. Jaller looked straight ahead, not looking at any one individual, still digesting the great weight now placed upon him. He was no longer simply the Captain, the defender of the village.

He was now their leader.

The procession carried on, through the streets and into the tunnel that led right into the heart of the volcano. After some time they emerged, waves of oppressive heat greeting them as they stepped out into a plaza, a large overhang that overlooked the living river of lava that flowed from the mouth of the volcano. It was here that the procession fanned out, creating a semi-circle with the Honor Guard and Jaller in the center, the body of Turaga Vakama predominately staged. With a slight clearing of his throat the Captain stepped forward and began speaking.

"I am not one for speeches, so I will not start so here. Turaga Vakama was wise, faithful, and loving father to us all, guiding us with his wisdom and experience. He may be dead, but at least he died peacefully and with dignity, his parasite cut off by means unknown. He died a Turaga, and not the monster the Makuta wished him to be. It is with a heavy heart that I commit his body and soul to Mata-Nui. May his spirit join with His, and may forever be at peace."

There was a murmur of agreement from the gathered crowd, Jaller lowered his head for a moment of silence, and then after a while raised it. "Those who wish to say a few words to honor him may do so now."

OOC: please insert yourself where appropriate, and I will give everyone present some time to say a few words if you wish. keep then short and sweet though, because I need Jaller back soon

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: Fiera, prior to the funeral

It was good not to be alone. I wanted to say something, but a noise disturbed me: The bridge was being raised again, from the other side. I stood up and walked out of the office, waving at another guard running over the bridge. Giving each other a quick salute, I reported in: "Wall guard Fiera, reporting to duty, sir!" The guard waved me at ease.

"Situation is contained, though the criminal remains uncaught. we do believe though her or she are still in the village. Captain is looking for volunteers for a security detail at Turaga's funeral and to check any outbound people for weapons." The officer told me. "Where ever the Captain needs me." I acknowledged. "Security it is. Get your gear and report to the walls." I saluted and nodded, fetching my quivers and headed home to get my spear and shield, and then hurried to the plaza. I was neither the one public needed to hear, nor had I anything to say.

Edited by Nohiki

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC: Erif followed Fiera. He wasn't a talker. People usually listened when he did, but his silence sometimes lead people to think he was an oddly colored Ko-Matoran. In reality, the amount of destruction he had witnessed over his long guard career had taught him the importance of not talking all the time. You could miss something.

BZPRPG Profiles

"Are you sure you don't wanna go?" I asked Erif. Back in the guard house he seemed pretty struck by the turaga's death. "I got this covered if you feel you should be down there." I offered to cover for him. It wasn't good to hold anything inside. Undoubtedly, nothing will happen today. Majority of the population was gathered here so thieves would have hard time being unnoticed by the guards left there. I watched the processing arrive, hearing all the cries clearly here high on the wall. And I hoped they were tears of sorrow for Vakama, and not tears of lost hope.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC (Jin)

I stood at the side of the road and watched as Vakama was carried by.

It was brilliant move: who would expect his killer to stay in town long enough to attend the funeral? Most of my jobs went the same way: get in, get it done, get out. But this job had shaken up the routine like a good bartender makes a martini.

Shaken, that is. Not stirred.

The funeral procession wound through the town and finally made its way into the volcano. Yeah, into the volcano. They were actually standing within spitting distance of a pool of smoking lava.

And they call me crazy.

I edged forward through the crowd, impatient, for some reason, to hear what Jaller and the other villagers would say about their leader. Would they cry about his premature death? Weep over his heroic qualities and go on for hours about how much they would miss their father figure?

All of the above and more, but it didn't seem as angsty as I'd thought it would. Maybe because I actually knew the guy. After all, I knew better than just about anyone here how forgiving Vakama had been; I remembered without even trying how he had looked at me like a father even when I'd told him I was going to kill him. He had looked at me like he loved me, like he was sorry for me.

And he had left me wishing I hadn't done it, just because no one was ever going to look at me like that again. Especially now.

I didn't have to fake grief: I was surprised to feel my eyes welling up as Jaller finished his short speech. That was funny. Me, the don't-give-a-karz hotshot Vortixx assassin, crying over some old man that she'd been assigned to kill. I brushed away the tears almost angrily; they were going to give me away. I wasn't supposed to cry. That night with Vakama had been a fluke, and I wasn't about to weep over him again.

I turned away as the Captain called for others to come up and say a few words, pushing my way back through the crowds. Nobody objected: one look at my face, and they knew I wasn't in the mood. I needed to get out of here, out of the heat, out of the sound of weeping, out of this whole atmosphere of death.

I was a murderer, sure, but that doesn't mean I liked to dwell on it.

I wasn't sure if that made me more or less of a monster.

The town was empty; everyone was at the funeral, which meant I didn't have to talk to anyone or look at anyone or think about anything at all. Before long, almost without realizing it, I found myself entering the dark tunnel that carved deep into the ground, diving down to the cold mines of Onu-Koro.

OOC Jin to Onu-Wahi.

IC: Erif nodded. "I'm don't like to talk a lot." He stood more attentively before speaking again. "Besides, I think it will do more honor to Vakama to keep his village safe than the words I could muster."

IC: Recra cleared his throat, the normally boisterous and happy guard wearing a grim expression on his face. Keep it under control. If you can't stop from crying, no one can. His expression shifted to one of steely resolve, as he stepped forward, his deep, clear voice easily heard throughout the chamber.

"Turaga Vakama was the greatest being I've ever known. Even when I was a mercenary he didn't distrust me, instead giving me a chance to serve as a defender of the people."

Recra got choked up, pausing for a moment.

"I don't think he'd want us to give up hope, no matter how bad this might seem. Remember the Turaga in your hearts. Don't give in, I beg of you."

Recra stepped back. He wasn't the best speaker, but he felt he owed the Turaga that much.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Flaredrick

He walks along the border of the charred forest and Ta-Wahi. As he stares out into the forest something catches his eye. A matoran walking in the forest. He rushes to him to investigate. It's a Ta-Matoran

"What are you doing out here. It ain't safe."

IC(NPC): Ta-Matoran

"I'm practicing the art of moving fast by walking very slow."

IC: Flaredrick

"Um..okay. Anyways, if you see anything suspicious let me know."

He walks away.

"What a weird matoran. Turaga Vakama thinks I need treatment, hah. He doesn't know what I've been through. I'll show him what it takes to be a real leader."

As he exits the forest he finds himself in an unknown part of the forest.

"I must be near Mount Mangai, the volcano. I wonder what the view looks like up there."

OOC: I don't know if I can make my characters meet and become a team. I don't think so because I believe you can't control two characters.

Edited by The Forgotten One

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Dagger, Bloodstone, Korvus

Dagger's reptilian eyes flicked from Crystalia to Bloodstone, then back again.

"My allegiance is with him," she spat, "not cheap, traitorous scum like you."

"Well said," Bloodstone remarked. He threw up a pure crystal barrier in front of the aforementioned traitor.

"I wish not to kill you," Bloodstone said, "though if you insist, I will oblige."

For emphasis, a row of crystalline spikes appeared on Crystalia's side of the barrier.

"If you surrender now, I will let you leave with your life."

After others had stood and said their own words, a lean Matoran of Plasma made his way up to the stand. His Akaku, normally bright and vibrant with emotion, had become sunken and sorrowful. Korvus took a breath and cleared his throat.

"Now, I wasn't Vakama's closest or most trusted guardsman," he began, "heck, I only spoke with him a few times. But I know and we all know that he was a great Turaga, and an even greater leader."

He paused, and took another breath.

"And I feel that the best way to preserve his memory and his vision," he continued, "is to never give up. No matter what that ugly shadow creature and his followers throw at us, we will fight."

He pulled out one of his swords and held it in the air, letting the light from the lava flows glint off of its shiny metal surface.

"To Vakama."

And with that, he sheathed his weapon and made his way back to his place in the crowd.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC: A lone figure trudged through the blackened forest, ash softly giving beneath his worn soles like the fine sands of Po-Wahi, or perhaps the powdery snows of Ko-Koro. Glancing around, he skeptically eyed the sooty branches, wary of any preadators or vagabonds that saw a lone toa carrying what must be a mountain of loot on his back.He grimaced. How much longer would it be? He felt as though he had journeyed for a year, perhaps more.

And what a journey it had been. So many new faces, so many crazy events. Serving as a 'Bodyguard' for Aexias. Accidentally walking in on a brawl, meeting Dorian and perhaps saving his life. And then falling through a roof.He cringed.

The wedding. Probably wanna forget about that one.Even as he reached the end of the wispy charred trees, he pondered to himself. Should this journey really end? Will it? Part of him felt that maybe he didn't want it to."Hey," he said, flagging down a Toa passing the opposite way. "This the right way to Ta?""Sure thing," was the reply. "Just keep heading that way and you can't miss it." he said, pointing straight ahead."Finally." said the exasperated Cipher. With renewed vigour, he broke out into a run--And headed left.Some things never change.

helo frens

IC: Crystalia (Ta-Koro)

"I don't surrender," she said her voice full of venom. She then unleashed two magnetic blasts at the same time. One massive one towards the crystal wall to hopefully shatter it or deflect most of the spikes with magnetic energy. The other was straight at the ground beneath her. She was pushed up into the air towards the ceiling. She landed on one of the wooden rafters of the inn and began to leap away from Bloodstone and Dagger. She had a krystal spike stabbed through her left shoulder, her right thigh, and one had gone had cut into her side.

I nodded slowly, perfectly understanding how my fellow guard felt. Even though, I turned around on my post, not able to watch it anymore, choosing to watch over the city instead. "If you're interested, we can drink to our leader at least after work. I'm buying." I said, looking forward to the time off. I was willing to cut my vacation short for the safety of everyone, but the fact was I was walking all day, with load on my back, and I was getting tired.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension