Short Stories Critics Club

Velox

And "I Will Return" will be reviewed by Jedi Master J. (many thanks for volunteering), since Jinklemeister is still MIA.

If you're still taking requests for reviews, I would greatly appreciate a review for Redemption :)

Assigned to Zarayna.Edit: And I have reviewed Warm, by Grant Sudnewso1.png Edited by Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

The Mystery of Death by thebeggerpie

Regrettably, your last request (My Old Friend) has not yet been critiqued, and thus, we cannot accept The Mystery of Death at this time. See the "One story at a time" rule in the SSCC's initial post. Once Tyler Durden has critiqued the first short story, feel free to return with The Mystery of Death. Thank you! :)-Ced

The Mystery of Death by thebeggerpie

Regrettably, your last request (My Old Friend) has not yet been critiqued, and thus, we cannot accept The Mystery of Death at this time. See the "One story at a time" rule in the SSCC's initial post. Once Tyler Durden has critiqued the first short story, feel free to return with The Mystery of Death. Thank you! :)-Ced
Huh. Details DO matter. Sorry, I'll wait.

WIP

Angel by Peach 00I'm not sure if things are filled up or not, but if you guys can review it, I'd really, really appreciate. :)(Just as a side note, for critics MIA, I'd love to help out if that's fine, just as a temporary critic - only if critics are busy, that is. If that's cool, I'm happy to help. ^^)

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

Angel by Peach 00I'm not sure if things are filled up or not, but if you guys can review it, I'd really, really appreciate. :)(Just as a side note, for critics MIA, I'd love to help out if that's fine, just as a temporary critic - only if critics are busy, that is. If that's cool, I'm happy to help. ^^)

While I can't speak for Velox on whether or not we need any temporary assistance right now, I'll be taking your request for Angel. Expect a review sometime in the next 48 hours.-Ced

Apologies for the lateness of this...I've been sick recently so kinda forgot about this. =P

Requesting a review on my storySlipping Through http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=4570by Nick SilverpenThanks!

Assigned to Zarayna.

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=4534(Delving Too Deep) - Lord Darkon

Assigned to myself. Oh and @ Peach ~ Thanks for your offer as always; I'll keep that in mind! Though, surprisingly, I think we're good right now haha. newso1.png Edited by Velox

I'm not sure whether or not to count the downtime, but it definitely has been at least a week since I applied for a review. There's no need to jump to it, though; I suppose I'll just write something else and wait for my friends to review it.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I'm not sure whether or not to count the downtime, but it definitely has been at least a week since I applied for a review. There's no need to jump to it, though; I suppose I'll just write something else and wait for my friends to review it.

Even without the downtime, the critic assigned to handle your request has exceeded their seven day deadline. Upon glancing at his profile, it would appear he will be away until the 11th. I'm not sure whether Velox was informed of that beforehand. In any event, I'll try to speak with Velox later today about this matter. On behalf of the SSCC, I apologize for this unanticipated (to my knowledge) setback.-Ced

Sorry about that, apparently Velox forgot to mention that I PMed him to inform you all that I won't be able to write up a review for either of my assignments here until after I am finished with my finals this week. And well, that won't be until after this Wednesday. So if you can wait just two more days, I should be able to get my review up for you by then. Once again, sorry about that.

Even without the downtime, the critic assigned to handle your request has exceeded their seven day deadline. Upon glancing at his profile, it would appear he will be away until the 11th. I'm not sure whether Velox was informed of that beforehand. In any event, I'll try to speak with Velox later today about this matter. On behalf of the SSCC, I apologize for this unanticipated (to my knowledge) setback.-Ced

Again I did contact Velox here (On the day that forums came back.), so this information should of been pass along already. However I admit I probably should of made a post here, so I am sorry about that and I'll try to be mindful of doing that in the future, if something like this happens again.But anyway, like I said above, if he can wait another two days, I should be able to get my review up for him. Right now, I can't though since I got stuff to review for my finals this Wednesday. 75234033wy5.png"I'm a heartbreaker...My name...Charles."

Yeah, that was my bad; I glanced at the PM at a time when I was sick/doing other things so didn't do anything about it and then unfortunately forgot about it. I echo Cederak's apology, and on behalf of the SSCC would like to offer you a complementary coffee mug!...I wish. We need licensed products for the SSCC. Anyway, sorry again, and we appreciate your patience. newso1.png

I'm officially done with school for the summer, so I can take requests if they come up.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

In the Jungle, by Nuile: The Daft Wordbender, please. :)I appreciate the quality of the reviews given here. It's nice in general when someone reads your story and comments, but you don't get quality reviews from every reader in the library.

From the desk of Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

In the Jungle, by Nuile: The Daft Wordbender, please. :)I appreciate the quality of the reviews given here. It's nice in general when someone reads your story and comments, but you don't get quality reviews from every reader in the library.

From the desk of Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

Yes, the SSCC prides itself on quality. On that note, Zaxvo will be handling your request. Thank you, Nuile. :)-Ced

GC12 has been reviewed. I apologize for the lateness; I know it means a strike against my name.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.