Forum Policy Changes for Embedding Images

As our anniversary week continues, today we're realizing that after thirteen years, one hundred kilobytes of space is pretty small for your avatar and signature. So starting today, avatars and signatures can take up a combined 250 kB of space. Additionally, embedded images can now go up to 750 kB before they need to be linked to instead of 500 kB. What cool things will you show off with all this space?

View the full article

• Upvote 2

Good to see BZPower slowly entering the 21st century. This is probably going to lead to a lot of creativity with sigs and what not.

...bzpower started in the 21st century.

I know that. I was being facetious.

• Upvote 1

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

This is actually happening 3 days after I got warned for signature size.

I'm sure we'll both look back on this and laugh.  And laugh.  And laugh.  Ha, ha, ha.

finally we are freed from the endless cycle of sig PM warnings.  well except in really egregious cases.

• Upvote 5

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

That's awesome news! Definitely gonna take advantage of that. I already went and changed my avatar to its original higher res PNG format :P And now the pomegranate is draggable, too; hurray for transparency!

The next step is to increase the avatar size limit by 4 pixels. Baby steps :P

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Seeing as the increased limit of images is in kB and not pixel sizes, I guessing that the current restrictions on pixels sizes remain.

I personally don't use large images, but I'm sure the fellow members who do will find this to be good news.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

So it looks like the current menu for changing your signature says that "Your signature may contain: • Images of any size." Given that the 800x300 rule is still in effect, as evidenced by the bounding box visible, this seems to suggest that members have license to use any file size of image. Perhaps it should be reworded to reflect the actual limit?

~B~

So it looks like the current menu for changing your signature says that "Your signature may contain: • Images of any size." Given that the 800x300 rule is still in effect, as evidenced by the bounding box visible, this seems to suggest that members have license to use any file size of image. Perhaps it should be reworded to reflect the actual limit?

~B~

That's a part of the software that we can't change, unfortunately.