how is it when your in a crowd with your school friends and you begin

Tahu3.0

Well, topic creator, we seem to be related, name-wise. 

But I have a few friends I can talk to about Bionicle. I'm a senior in college so you can come across some people, and its always a fun icebreaker

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Bionicle is a story I follow and like to discuss ONLINE and is part of my internet "personality" so to say.

I have never mentioned Bionicle in school, however if one of my friends brought it up I would say something along the lines of "yeah I heard the story is cool" as a test to see if I have met a fellow fan.

That hasn't happened yet, so I stick to discussing a dead saga on these forums.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Let's see, back when I was younger, and Bionicle was THE THING, even then, I only knew two people that were into it. A friend of mine, who almost exclusively just read the comics, every other issue, and bought....uh.....one of them, and a cousin, who had an uncle, who loved them, and would habitually give him about five sets a year.  

So literally no-one I was in constant contact with. So I was mainly by myself, haha.

Edited by Fyreball

Imagination is the new black gold. Guess that means I'm a billionaire.

Back in public elementary school, I had a couple friends who liked Bionicle. But now I'm privately home schooled with only one crowd of friends along with other friends who probably have never met. The majority of my friends like LEGO, but not all of them like Bionicle, or at least as much as I do. Due to this, I rarely talk about Bionicle unless I'm here on BZP, talking with the one friend who likes Bionicle probably as much as I do, or when my brother and I spontaneously discuss Bionicle.

mindeth the cobwebs

I am like the only person at my school who even knows what Bionicle is. One of my best friends, Abbie (DonutTree here on BZPower) Only ever joined here because I made her :) She stalked this guy called DorkPool until she started kikking him and he blocked her. It was so funny!!! But anyway, only I know about Bionicle, my friends and I talk about Vine, Instagram and whatever else is on our minds. I swear, if I hear another word about Cameron Dallas or Nash Greir, I'm going to have a flipping meltdown.

Edited by PrismWind

As far as everyone I know is concerned, Bionicle is dead and buried. My old friends have moved on with their lives, and my family thinks I'm crazy for still building MOC's and rereading the serials and joining this community. Then, lo and behold, Bionicle 2015 rumours, and suddenly my life seems to be improving. 

• Upvote 2

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Well, they ignore what I am talking about (they don't care about it anymore).

At school everyone knows me as the weird kid, cause I don't fit with the other cliques (right word?), and cause I am always drawing or doodling.

Online presences (main ones, at least):

DeviantART: Heontris

YouTube: Heontris

Anything else with the name Heontris is also me. As far as I know.

"Don't be a night owl, it gets boring after the first 6 hours." - Me right now

• 3 weeks later...

One of my high school friends had a younger brother who was into it, but I don't know how much of the story he knew. Coincidentally, all three of us shared a bus ride home every afternoon, so it occasionally came up.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

When I was younger, and still had sets, no one at my old school liked it. At all.

Now, I almost never have reason to bring it up in school. There are a few friends who I brought it up with in passing, some of who, I was glad to discover, also liked it back in the day. They don't remember enough of it to hold a proper conversation on the topic though.

Conversely there are those who shun and mock things like Bionicle, but to them I respond, "What? You gonna sue me?"

As for me, somehow, despite never even speaking the word Bionicle for a period of years and mostly spending my time here in COT, I remember almost all the names of characters, and even the names of masks.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Yeah back in high school it was a little embarrassing to say, since everyone is super judgmental, and exert their uncontrollable emotions deriving from their insecurities on others. It's a vicious cycle.

In University, people are a lot more accepting of what you like. So fortunately, I'm able to talk about it all I want really. I even met another person who used to collect Bionicle sets and we have good chats.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg