OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Soooo... I'm the only one who wasn't particularly fond of Cryoshell then and doesn't really want that style of music back...? Okay then...

Granted, I only really recall Bye, Bye Babylon from them, but I didn't care for that enough to go listening to more.

I'm not sure what I'd want (and my own personal tastes in music would be horrible fits lol), but just not really them.

~|ET|~

I certainly don't want it back (spent a good page and a half saying so! :P ).  I think Bfa said something similar...

Yeahhh i was a bit behind when saying that heh.

In that case, Motorhead please. "Killed by Death" can play every time the Toa beat down hordes of Skull Spiders. Would be perfect.

---

Aanchir's totally got a good point with the distinction between thematic music and advertising too. For advertising purposes... gotta go with what's catchy really.

~|ET|~

That is a good point, true.  I wonder just how big an effect it has?

Edit: made a new topic for talkin' 'bout the noisy stuff

Edited by Jayk

15863836330_7c7ce4fb30.jpg

"And at the closing of the day              

She loosed the chain, and down she lay;              

The broad stream bore her far away,              

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

...There was going to be a Bionicle album?

Yep, there was an ad in the back of one of the comics for it. BS01 explains the details. BS01 also explains that the reason for it not being released was disagreements between the LEGO Group and the intended record label, Interscope Records. So I guess I learned something today!

And no, I don't think BIONICLE needs any rock songs. But then again, judging it simply on what it needs is ridiculous. BIONICLE doesn't need to have any more media or promotion than Hero Factory did, after all. Clearly that was good enough to last four and a half years. But I certainly WANT the BIONICLE reboot to be as big and prominent as it can possibly be without compromising its creative principles.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 4

I would like Snoop Dog and 2-chains to produce some songs for the new Bionicle.

Yes please, Ninja Turtles always gets rap, so should Bionicle. I mean they had the Piraka rap.

In all seriousness, I think they should employ Alt-J to make song for Gen 2 they have a really different sound, lots of chanting and it switches up a lot I could see it working well. Bands like Threes Days Grace etc. is a little too behind the times to be current and relative for Gen 2. Just my thoughts.

Does anyone else remember that Singing Squid video from 2007? I could dig Singing Skull Spider.

Edited by Toa Green Ninja
  • Upvote 2

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Cryoshell isn't the only band that makes songs like this, you know. That said... I still miss 'em.

(on another note, I'm gonna make this Macku's theme in a flashback arc.)

Edited by NickonAquaMagna
  • Upvote 1

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

The only difference I can hear between the two is that Cryoshell's lead singer isn't as good.  Perhaps I simply don't listen to enough of that genre...in any case, I don't mind them all that much as a band, I suppose.  I just hope they're not involved with the reboot.  We get enough of that Linkin Park/Green Day/"Wow I'm so edgy and rebellious making a tie-in song for a major franchise"/alt-rock malarkey as it is.  I'd rather see TLG try something more unique.

You want something different? Alright, let's bring in Shinedown, Stone Sour, Imagine Dragons, or Avenged Sevenfold. Never seen a Bionicle music video with a Shinedown or A7X song. Dunno why, some of the songs by those 2 are perfect. Imagine Dragons has some great songs as well.

I haven't got any problem with Cryoshell, but I wouldn't mind somebody new, especially since Cryoshell's members seem like they might be busy with non-band-related things these days.

As for WHAT kind of promotional music we get, mainly I just want something catchy I can sing along to, with lyrics that relate directly to the BIONICLE story. I don't have any pretentions about certain genres being inherently better or worse than others. And a promotional song doesn't need to "belong" to the universe in quite the same way a soundtrack or musical score does, IMO.

To those saying BIONICLE didn't need rock music in the early years, don't forget that there was SUPPOSED to be a promotional album with some big names back in 2002, but for whatever reason in didn't end up happening. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't that the creators of BIONICLE considered it an affront to the theme's tone or creative integrity. This is ADVERTISING we're talking about, not theme music or a soundtrack that was supposed to define BIONICLE on a fundamental level.

Ah yes, I remember when that was advertised...shame it never came to fruition. Hopefully we can get something like that this time.

I wouldn't mind seeing Imagine Dragons or Fall Out Boy making music for the new Bionicle.

Yeah, Imagine Dragons' new song "Warriors" would be a good fit. "Battle Cry" would also be a good one, even though it was already used for Transformers: Age of Extinction.

I wouldn't mind another 2006. :P

Ya!

Blast cage, how are those villagers doing? ;)

My extermination campaign is taking longer than expected...moving on to phase 12.

I didn't wanna spam another topic with this, but does anyone else think the Skull Spider's will transfer their special traits onto their controlee? (i.e. Hardiness, X-ray vision, increased speed, etc.)

I think it could be possible. The Krana that Lewa wore gave them its power, and though they are two completely different creatures in two different storylines, I still think the Skull Spiders could transfer their power to their host if they took over someone. (If they can even do that to begin with.) I don't have any proof for it though. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

As an avid lifetime hardcore rocker who grew up as a roadie for my dad's rock band, I want Bionicle to have some killer rock songs. I was not a fan of Cryoshell, I tried but I could not get into their stuff. I did, however, love the songs done by All Insane Kids. "Hero" is the song I think of when I think of Bionicle. I definitely want something more along those lines.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

What BIONICLE needs is a comic operetta depicting the year's story. Like BIONICLEJam, but better! Imagine the possibilities.

"For I am a Spider Lord! And it is, it is a glorious thing to be a Spider Lord!"

Pohatu should obviously be the comic-baritone.

"I am the very model of a modern Lord of Skull Spiders--

My picture may have been leaked by disgruntled LEGO insiders--

It's hard to get the Mask now I'm opposed by Toa outsiders,

But I've an evil army of arachnids with big incisors..."

• Upvote 4

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

Imagine Dragons could do something promising if they wrote an original song rather than just re-porpoising one of their existing songs. Personally, I've been listening to Warriors, their song they did for the 2014 League of Legends tournament, and I think it stands as how well they could make an original song that has the "spirit" of a franchise. Heck, the song itself even contains sound effects form the game itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmI_Ndrxy14

Well one thing is, if you don't know the band, listen to them first before assuming they are (insert Genres here). Just a small tip for you and you could find a new band you'll like.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

The only difference I can hear between the two is that Cryoshell's lead singer isn't as good.  Perhaps I simply don't listen to enough of that genre...in any case, I don't mind them all that much as a band, I suppose.  I just hope they're not involved with the reboot.  We get enough of that Linkin Park/Green Day/"Wow I'm so edgy and rebellious making a tie-in song for a major franchise"/alt-rock malarkey as it is.  I'd rather see TLG try something more unique.

You want something different? Alright, let's bring in Shinedown, Stone Sour, Imagine Dragons, or Avenged Sevenfold. Never seen a Bionicle music video with a Shinedown or A7X song. Dunno why, some of the songs by those 2 are perfect. Imagine Dragons has some great songs as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing Imagine Dragons or Fall Out Boy making music for the new Bionicle.

Yeah, Imagine Dragons' new song "Warriors" would be a good fit. "Battle Cry" would also be a good one, even though it was already used for Transformers: Age of Extinction.

Again, those are all bands or genres that have been used to advertise films and toys and whatnot many times before; as far as licensed music goes, I'd rather hear something a bit riskier and more unique.  In all likelihood we'll end up with something like what you're suggesting, because BIONICLE is musically marketed mainly to the vast swaths of pre-teen kids with whom Imagine Dragons and the like are usually popular, but I think movies like Guardians of the Galaxy have proved that you can go in a much different direction musically and be hugely successful.  That's the kind of chance I'd like to see them take, if they decide not to focus on a more orchestral, mythical sound (as they have so far).

The Lady of Shalott."              

+

I didn't wanna spam another topic with this, but does anyone else think the Skull Spider's will transfer their special traits onto their controlee? (i.e. Hardiness, X-ray vision, increased speed, etc.)

I think it could be possible. The Krana that Lewa wore gave them its power, and though they are two completely different creatures in two different storylines, I still think the Skull Spiders could transfer their power to their host if they took over someone. (If they can even do that to begin with.) I don't have any proof for it though. 

Speaking of Lewa and the Krana, I will be very dissappointed if we don't get a scene this year where Lewa gets possessed by a Skull Spider and Onua has to save him.

• Upvote 1

Apparently, the next animation is called The Protectors Fight Back.

Edited by Toa Green Ninja
  • Upvote 2

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

'Unique' gets thrown around like it's going out of style.

There's no reason why Imagine Dragons or any other artist couldn't make a song or track for the new theme. They are popular and have won many awards and accolades and have been featured in many different media. With their song 'Warriors' being created for LOL, why couldn't they make something special and original for Bionicle?

If you're not a fan, that's fine. But let's not assume Imagine Dragons couldn't pull it off, because they can.

• Upvote 1

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

'Unique' gets thrown around like it's going out of style.

There's no reason why Imagine Dragons or any other artist couldn't make a song or track for the new theme. They are popular and have won many awards and accolades and have been featured in many different media. With their song 'Warriors' being created for LOL, why couldn't they make something special and original for Bionicle?

If you're not a fan, that's fine. But let's not assume Imagine Dragons couldn't pull it off, because they can.

Most songs created especially to advertise a film or franchise or event tend to be extremely generic in sound; I've noticed it even in songs by bands I love.  Pre-existing songs work far better, because they don't have the single-minded, engineered quality that promotional songs tend to possess.  I'd rather hear an old Imagine Dragons song used for a BIONICLE advertisement than a track they wrote especially for it.

The Lady of Shalott."              

+