OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Kopaka you moron, you could have put up a shield before Pohatu had his face ripped off.

I'm PRETTY sure everyone thought Pohatu had it under control. What you're saying is "Kopaka, you could have looked into the future to know what we know and used that information to save Pohatu". It's not like Kopaka is going to break the 4th wall and realize that the Skull Scorpio set comes with a drained Mask of Stone. Pohatu's a big boy, there's no reason for Kopaka to put his shield up when for all they know Pohatu has the situation under control. ;)

• Upvote 2

Pohatu confirmed for Crocodile Dundee, Batman, AND Indiana Jones. 

It gets even better when you consider that Johnny Thunder, LEGO's Indiana Jones expy, already had the specific scorpion phobia going. And he was Australian.

• Upvote 7

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

In case there was still any doubt, now that we have an official map of the City of the Mask Makers from the mobile game, here's this.

Sure looks a lot to me like bonehead city is shaped like bonehead (or voodoo head. or doo head. whatever you prefer) island.The arena is an eye (which is more apparent in the other art), the graveyard the nose and the forge the ever fire-belching mouth.

If someone would know how to go about extracting the City map from the game at full resolution and without the game-relevant blips, that would be awesome.

Edited by Pereki
  • Upvote 6

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Wow, really? Wasn't the first image we saw that suggested in an April fools joke or something? But now it's official that the Ancient City looks like Bonehead Island. That's... actually kind of awesome.

"What is that THING?" Mata Nui protect us. What does this mean?

Edited by Tarvaxx

Wow, really? Wasn't the first image we saw that suggested in an April fools joke or something? But now it's official that the Ancient City looks like Bonehead Island. That's... actually kind of awesome.

"Bonehead Island" was one of the prototype elements of Bionicle.

In case there was still any doubt, now that we have an official map of the City of the Mask Makers from the mobile game, here's this.

Sure looks a lot to me like bonehead city is shaped like bonehead (or voodoo head. or doo head. whatever you prefer) island.The arena is an eye (which is more apparent in the other art), the graveyard the nose and the forge the ever fire-belching mouth.

If someone would know how to go about extracting the City map from the game at full resolution and without the game-relevant blips, that would be awesome.

Wait, did the game actually update? And if so how do you get into the AC?

"Bonehead Island" was one of the prototype elements of Bionicle.

I know that. We all know that. I was just quoting what Tahu says when LoSS comes out. It fits because the Doo Head logo was ugly. LoSS is ugly. Now that I've explained the joke, it's not much of a joke.   :P

Edited by Tarvaxx
  • Upvote 3

Yep. You have to re-play the levels.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Yep. You have to re-play the levels.

OH COME ON!!

*Sigh* I know what I'm doing tonight....

I'll wait for the desktop/computer version to update. I don't have time to play now anyway. 

Wait, there is a version of the game that can be played on a computer?

I thought it was just for mobile devices. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Wait, there is a version of the game that can be played on a computer?

Go to the BIONICLE site and click games!

• Upvote 1

Gali: Dumb, loser character with only one attack (for some reason she just charges at stuff with..... electrical power?)

That move (I guess it's the one called Tidal Charge) is not her only attack, but it is one of her signature moves, same as Kopaka's Frost Sphere that we keep seeing. I think it's rather unfair to call her a loser just because she's been thwarted against both the Lord of Skull Spiders and the Skull Scorpios, considering the exact same thing could be said for Tahu and Pohatu.

• Upvote 3

Tahu: The Leader

Onua: Brawler

Kopaka: Mage

Lewa: Ranger

Pohatu: Warrior

Gali: Dumb, loser character with only one attack (for some reason she just charges at stuff with..... electrical power?)

Dang, that's #savage.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I will unleash my fury and wrath upon you and your people! Next thing you know you'll be waking up in a Matoran sphere with a chibi body. Never anger a Makuta. ;)

Edited by Tarvaxx
  • Upvote 2

I will unleash my fury and wrath up on you and your people! Next thing you know you'll be waking up in a Matoran sphere with a chibi body. Never anger a Makuta. ;)

Whoa guys, I was just combining Makaru's jokes with my own to make an RPG style list. Gali is one of my favorites, too.

Edited by Bonkle

That move (I guess it's the one called Tidal Charge) is not her only attack, but it is one of her signature moves, same as Kopaka's Frost Sphere that we keep seeing. I think it's rather unfair to call her a loser just because she's been thwarted against both the Lord of Skull Spiders and the Skull Scorpios, considering the exact same thing could be said for Tahu and Pohatu.

The only being whose attacks work reliably is Onua...and those work a little too well.

• Upvote 7

The only being whose attacks work reliably is Onua...and those work a little too well.

I wish we could have had the Okoto variation of Onua in VNOG then. Heh, accuracy puns. :P

Edited by Tarvaxx
  • Upvote 1

I don't think this is worth its own topic in S&T, but I've been thinking (OH GOD)...

Makuta wears the Mask of Control. He's a Mask Maker, a fundamentally good character (until he turned evil, but I digress) - a mask of control for a Mask Maker wouldn't make sense to be mind-controlling others. It's kind of an evil power, not to mention unnecessary - he's the highest authority on the island outside of Ekimu. So, what would the Mask of Control be used to control?

Well, in Geewun, Makuta's Destiny was to control the Great Spirit Robot... so... the Great Spirit Robot!

Also, the island is the same shape of a face as it was in Geewun (granted, could be totally artistic nod to the old fanbase), and the Toa fell from space. Space! What's in space? The Red Star. Regardless, it's more of the fact that the Toa were sent down from elsewhere by sending out an energy/light message ("Prophecy of Heroes") that could indicate the Red Star or Great Spirit Robot still present. Oh, and hexagonal pillars all over the Ancient City, which is like the architecture of Metru Nui...  

• Upvote 1

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I don't think this is worth its own topic in S&T, but I've been thinking (OH GOD)...

Makuta wears the Mask of Control. He's a Mask Maker, a fundamentally good character (until he turned evil, but I digress) - a mask of control for a Mask Maker wouldn't make sense to be mind-controlling others. It's kind of an evil power, not to mention unnecessary - he's the highest authority on the island outside of Ekimu. So, what would the Mask of Control be used to control?

Well, in Geewun, Makuta's Destiny was to control the Great Spirit Robot... so... the Great Spirit Robot!

Also, the island is the same shape of a face as it was in Geewun (granted, could be totally artistic nod to the old fanbase), and the Toa fell from space. Space! What's in space? The Red Star. Regardless, it's more of the fact that the Toa were sent down from elsewhere by sending out an energy/light message ("Prophecy of Heroes") that could indicate the Red Star or Great Spirit Robot still present. Oh, and hexagonal pillars all over the Ancient City, which is like the architecture of Metru Nui...  

I doubt that will happen, because..... it's such a huge plot point that's already been done before. "HEY GUYS IT'S A GIANT ROBOT AGAIN" *fans facepalm* Cool theory, though.

• Upvote 6

You can't really pull off "there's a giant robot beneath the ground" more than once. They tried in 2009, and people noticed almost immediately.

• Upvote 3

You can't really pull off "there's a giant robot beneath the ground" more than once. They tried in 2009, and people noticed almost immediately.

What? There was a concealed giant robot in 2009?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

The Prototype Robot, which wasn't fully revealed until 2010. During 2009, it was noticed that weird formations in the desert looked like scattered robot limbs, which is exactly what they turned out to be.

~Unit#phntk#1

Edited by Unit#phntk#1
  • Upvote 1

The Prototype Robot, which wasn't fully revealed until 2010. During 2009, it was noticed that weird formations in the desert looked like scattered robot limbs, which is exactly what they turned out to be.

On the other hand, unlike the Mata Nui robot, the prototype robot was seemingly never intended to be a secret to the fans, only to the inhabitants of Bara Magna. The notion that there was another giant robot on Bara Magna was apparent from the very first 2009 teaser we got, which showed a placeholder figure shaped like Toa Inika Matoro staring at a giant Vahki limb.

The mystery for the fans that year wasn't "what are all these structures scattered across the desert?" so much as "WHY are all these giant robot parts scattered across the desert?"

• Upvote 6

On the other hand, unlike the Mata Nui robot, the prototype robot was seemingly never intended to be a secret to the fans, only to the inhabitants of Bara Magna. The notion that there was another giant robot on Bara Magna was apparent from the very first 2009 teaser we got, which showed a placeholder figure shaped like Toa Inika Matoro staring at a giant Vahki limb.

The mystery for the fans that year wasn't "what are all these structures scattered across the desert?" so much as "WHY are all these giant robot parts scattered across the desert?"

I didn't notice until after it was revealed. :lookaround: 

In fact it took me several years after the end to realize "Wait, they did the giant robot reveal twice." So it really wasn't obvious to everyone - I thought that 2009 was completely unrelated to 2001-2008, so I wasn't looking for another bot. 

• Upvote 4

1) "It's not a continuation because the story is aimed at fans who don't know G1"

2) "They can't do a giant robot because it happened in G1 (twice) so everyone will know."

Can anyone spot the contradiction there? ;)

You don't have to know the whole plot of G1 to know about the giant robot twist. New fans who want to find out more about the story on sites like Youtube or the Lego message boards might find out sooner or later.

• Upvote 2

Hail Denmark

1) "It's not a continuation because the story is aimed at fans who don't know G1"

2) "They can't do a giant robot because it happened in G1 (twice) so everyone will know."

Can anyone spot the contradiction there? ;)

Except it is aimed at fans of G1, just not exclusively. Look at all the callbacks and allusions to our beloved first generation there have been - things like the hidden Vahis, Kopaka mocking Lewa for acting like the 'Master of Air,' Unity, Duty, and Destiny being subtly referenced, the latest episode alluding to the Vorox stinger tails meme, the Mask of Creation game throwing in a Nuva symbol on recently... The list goes on and on, and there would be no reason for any of it to be there at all if they really didn't care about fans of G1. Even remaking Bionicle at all proves that Lego believes to some degree in the popularity of the first generation.

And it's probably unrealistic to expect no one completely new to Bionicle to stumble upon the first generation's secret. Newcomers to G2 might still wind up on this forum where we're discussing the GSR right now, they might have older friends or siblings who know of it, they might just google Ekimu and stumble upon the link to Mata Nui conveniently located at the bottom of his BS01 page. Okay, maybe not everyone would see that reveal coming, that's not how such a plot twist is supposed to work - the intention is to catch almost everybody off guard, not almost nobody.

• Upvote 5

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Well, I don't really agree with either of the quotes I posted - I put them there for contrast.

LEGO's primary market is new fans, who don't really know G1. Sure, there are Easter Eggs for G1 fans, but it's not like the story is a continuation of G1 or anything. (Or it is? *Illuminati triangle intensifies*)

But it wouldn't really matter if all the fans of G2 knew that G1 featured giant robots, because LEGO knows how to surprise people. Look at the number of people who didn't spot the Prototype Robot, just one year after the Great Spirit Robot reveal. It is only the minority of fans who come to forums like BZPower and make up theories that spot these things.

Although I imagine this time a giant robot reveal would surprise a lot more people on this site, seeing how many are absolutely sure that LEGO won't pull that one again. :P

P.S. The Ancient City looks nothing like Voodoo Island. You guys are just crazy. ;)

• Upvote 2
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Well, even if Lego did manage to surprise me by bringing in another giant robot, I think I'd still be disappointed. It's just that we've been there, done that: the same reveal in G2 would really lack the awe-inspiring epiphanic quality of the original revelation in G1, instead inspiring little more than a bored sigh. Thankfully, I have confidence that Lego is more creative than that.

• Upvote 4

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

I think now that G2 has the basics of what BIONICLE was at the start of G1 down, they need to take those core values and run with them. We have our G1 inspiration, now its time for the new BIONICLE team to make a fresh new legend, not a retelling of events happening differently. It's time to see what brilliant things can come from their minds and what new inspirations they can add to BIONICLE. G1 is over, its time for something new. G2 has had a strong start and enamoring concept art, lets see where the new team's vision for the theme takes them.  :P

Edit: Apparently there's speculation that the animations won't be coming back due to the company that made them not being signed on for another year. Is there any evidence to support this or is it all just assumptions made by paranoid fans?

Edited by Tarvaxx
  • Upvote 1

Edit: Apparently there's speculation that the animations won't be coming back due to the company that made them not being signed on for another year. Is there any evidence to support this or is it all just assumptions made by paranoid fans?

I haven't heard that speculation myself, and have no way to verify it—I don't recall those kinds of business dealings being done in the public eye in the past, so it may well be a tempest in a teapot. In any case, I doubt that they'll get rid of those without offering some sort of replacement—and that could very well mean an upgrade (possibly to an ongoing TV series) rather than any sort of downgrade in the quality and quantity of content we've been getting.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother