Makaru

Suddenly...

How in the world is Jungle an element?

Water? Yeah.

Fire? Yeah.

Air? Yeah.

Earth? Yeah.

Jungle? ...

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Suddenly...

Water? Yeah.

Fire? Yeah.

Air? Yeah.

Earth? Yeah.

Jungle? ...

Trees are just as likely to be an element as rocks.

But the element isn't "trees", the element is the more nebulous "jungle". Jungle isn't so much an element as a biome. "Plantlife" sounds more element-like to me.

Granted, a broader term like "jungle" makes it easier to worm his classic air powers in there somewhere. I just don't think the name "Jungle" fits as well with the naming scheme of classic elements. It's the difference between Tahu being a Toa of Fire or a Toa of Volcano, or Kopaka being a Toa of Ice or a Toa of Arctic Tundra.

(Also I'd say trees being organic sets them reasonably apart from earth, fire, air, and water, which are not. Plus, the classic four elements have a cultural history that Jungle does not. Similar elements exist, like Wood, but the term Jungle specifically is rather unusual element-wise.)

• Upvote 2

Suddenly...

Water? Yeah.

Fire? Yeah.

Air? Yeah.

Earth? Yeah.

Jungle? ...

Trees are just as likely to be an element as rocks.

But the element isn't "trees", the element is the more nebulous "jungle". Jungle isn't so much an element as a biome. "Plantlife" sounds more element-like to me.

Granted, a broader term like "jungle" makes it easier to worm his classic air powers in there somewhere. I just don't think the name "Jungle" fits as well with the naming scheme of classic elements. It's the difference between Tahu being a Toa of Fire or a Toa of Volcano, or Kopaka being a Toa of Ice or a Toa of Arctic Tundra.

(Also I'd say trees being organic sets them reasonably apart from earth, fire, air, and water, which are not. Plus, the classic four elements have a cultural history that Jungle does not. Similar elements exist, like Wood, but the term Jungle specifically is rather unusual element-wise.)

"Plantlife" also sounds slightly clinical and scientific, like some of the classic theme's extraneous elements like Gravity or Plasma or Sonics, and unlike the very traditional and basic terms Stone, Earth, Air, Water, Fire, and Ice, which sound more like the kinds of terms you would hear in a tribal or mythical context. "Jungle" has more of the kind of mystique that is necessary for a fantasy theme like Bionicle, while still being better than the awful "The Green" from the original theme.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This is a good point that I was going to make - trees are organic living things. If they can then be an element, should a 'Toa of Animals' be possible?

This is a good point that I was going to make - trees are organic living things. If they can then be an element, should a 'Toa of Animals' be possible?

Toa of F L E SH M E   A   T  S

• Upvote 10

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

We could call their matoran form Rahi-Matoran and their elemental powers manifest as being able to lull a rahi to sleep or enrage it.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

We could call their matoran form Rahi-Matoran and their elemental powers manifest as being able to lull a rahi to sleep or enrage it.

And the Makuta killed them all quietly so there wasn't anyone who could challenge their control of Rahi.

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Surely, more worryingly, a Toa of Animals should be able to telekinetically throw animals around, and even shoot live animals out of their hands? Could they create, or reabsorb, sentient Rahi like Keetongu?

What if they stopped summoning an animal half way through the process, or decided to only summon part of an animal eg. the intestines to use as ropes?

*shudders*

Edited by Votuko
  • Upvote 2
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Surely, more worryingly, a Toa of Animals should be able to telekinetically throw animals around, and even shoot live animals out of their hands? Could they create, or reabsorb, sentient Rahi like Keetongu?

What if they stopped summoning an animal half way through the process, or decided to only summon part of an animal eg. the intestines to use as ropes?

*shudders*

Eww. That's disgusting, and one of the reasons I dislike the plant life element from G1. A nova blast makes a new forest, does it? Can they cause plants to sicken and die by 'reabsorbing' them?

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Hmm. So far they still haven't uploaded the season finale last episode.

Could we expect a glimpse of the 2016 sets, and then the full reveal at NYCC (which coincidentally, is next week)?

I was thinking that was a possibility, seeing as it's only next week. If that's the case, the schedule for the latest episodes has worked out pretty well for the most part.

*shudders*

found my new username

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

There is plenty of organic material in earth.
  • Upvote 1

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Okay, fine. Trees are not only organic, they are alive and growing. Earth, fire, air, and water are not.

Okay, fine. Trees are not only organic, they are alive and growing. Earth, fire, air, and water are not.

What about all sorts of microorganisms that are in earth? :P
  • Upvote 1

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

What about all sorts of microorganisms that are in earth? :P

What about the microorganisms in water and the air?

Trees are inherently organic and living, while earth, air and water are not. A Bo-Toa creates and destroys living beings. Admittedly, said beings live on a timescale far removed from our own, but they're still alive.

Living, but not conscious.  I mean, I've picked flowers before, and it didn't bother me any more than putting an ice cube tray in the freezer, or lighting the stove.

I don't think science should be applied quite so directly.  I don't think organic vs. inorganic is going to have as much bearing on the power as "is this a plant?" will.  "Fire" is a well-established element, and while it's just a form of oxidation we're not about to see Tahu creating rust, because that's not "fire".

• Upvote 4

OpAXNpl.jpg

Is there any way to find it on YouTube ?..., i'm very interested to see what this is about but sadly i live in a country in Europe where Netflix refuses to shine.

The series won't be available until next year. It's a Netflix Original, meaning that when it is released, it won't be available for viewing anywhere besides Netflix.

IetTsFQ.png

Is there any way to find it on YouTube ?..., i'm very interested to see what this is about but sadly i live in a country in Europe where Netflix refuses to shine.

The series won't be available until next year. It's a Netflix Original, meaning that when it is released, it won't be available for viewing anywhere besides Netflix.

Well. Legally, at least. 

I'm pretty sure it will eventually be bootlegged. 

What I'm going to do is wait for all four episodes to be released and sign up for a free trial of Netflix for a month, then cancel it after I've seen the show. Yes, I will have to wait forever and it will suck, but better than missing the show entirely or having a subscription service going on that bleeds money. 

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 3

What I'm going to do is wait for all four episodes to be released and sign up for a free trial of Netflix for a month, then cancel it after I've seen the show. Yes, I will have to wait forever and it will suck, but better than missing the show entirely or having a subscription service going on that bleeds money. 

Most Netflix shows just release all the episodes at once. That's how it worked pretty much always until recently...I guess Bionicle could be in the group that releases over an extended period of time.

AXKP5KC.png

Most Netflix shows just release all the episodes at once. That's how it worked pretty much always until recently...I guess Bionicle could be in the group that releases over an extended period of time.

I shall wait, and I shall see. 

This is a genius plan that I may also have to use.

• Upvote 2

House of Cards has all episodes of a season go up at once, and I think Daredevil did as well. No reason to think this will be any different.

House of Cards has all episodes of a season go up at once, and I think Daredevil did as well. No reason to think this will be any different.

Yes, only a couple of Netflix shows have been released weekly, it's a pretty new and special thing from what little I know. And yes, there is no reason to think Bionicle will be any different, but I mean, these 4 are quite likely to have to cover the entire first half year of 2016 (if not the entire year), Lego may request that they be released periodically instead of all at once simply to fill the time.

Or they may not. I dunno!

Edited by dotcom
  • Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

I'm going to leave a hint. At the end you see a bin full of strange parts with melded colors... It's very important everyone notice that, as they hold a large significance. ;)

92c1554c4011be8d41c29698bdd20df8e9613ce1

Edit: Oh, and get ready for the new "Toa Nuva". 

9d8f1266c6d325de6a4fefc975634cd391973243

Edited by Tarvaxx
  • Upvote 3

So, folks! In the interest of making the episodes easier to watch together I've edited all of them into a single video, cleaning up the transitions so it all flows as a cohesive, smooth narrative. You can watch it right

Edited by Pereki
  • Upvote 4

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend