OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Well, almost time to disassemble the '15 Toa to make room for the '16 'Uniters'. I've already beefed up my Marendar MoC with Skull Grinder parts. LoSS is looking pretty shaky too, but he's adorable sitting on top of my TV threatening to eat the AGT judges... I want to experiment with those leg-ends, but I also like LoSS as a cool bug... Eeh!

Maybe make Ekimu (who's safe from disassembly) ride LoSS like an Ussalry member and keep him together.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Well would you look at that, Ekimu's eyes are still yellow even after putting on the MoCr, that solves that mystery that no one thought was a mystery.

Cool.

Well, an underwhelming end to an underwhelming year of episodes. Here's to hoping next year is better.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

I hope you guys are ready for me because I'm going to be posting a TON today.

Anyway, 2015 was pretty cool, animations were good albeit rushed. News of the new show is getting me so stoked though. BTW, picked up Skull Scorpio like 2 weeks ago and love it. The build was so technical and fun, and the feature works perfectly. Awesome set. 

EDIT: It's weird to see the mouths move for the maskless Toa in today's episode. 

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

So I guess that footage of Ekimu wrecking house in the/an arena was just bonus footage then?

Yep. Though a lot of his movements are reused from episode 18. They even threw in a pillar for him to jump on to replace Tahu's back.

• Upvote 2

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

The last episode was a bit disappointing; I haven't had the chance to read the book though, so maybe it's more of a dramatic confrontation there?

I did like seeing the Toa attempt to fight back even after losing their Kanohi masks, which (correct me if I'm wrong) never happened in G1, if I remember correctly.

I did like seeing the Toa attempt to fight back even after losing their Kanohi masks, which (correct me if I'm wrong) never happened in G1, if I remember correctly.

'06 jumps out at me; the most powerful toa on MU go fight six random skakdi and lose. They are then made useless for an entire year because "the meanies took their masks". They didn't even play mentor to the newly-minted Inika, becuase heaven forbid they have the slightest chance of being more relevant than our new heroes (in store buy now).

• Upvote 4

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

'06 jumps out at me; the most powerful toa on MU go fight six random skakdi and lose. They are then made useless for an entire year because "the meanies took their masks". They didn't even play mentor to the newly-minted Inika, becuase heaven forbid they have the slightest chance of being more relevant than our new heroes (in store buy now).

To be fair, the Inika were in a hurry and already proved themselves good enough at fighting, so the Nuva did the smart thing and go back to Metru Nui to recover.

It's extremely unlikely that BIONICLE will have a presence at NYCC considering that last year was simply an anomaly, but if it does I'd be pretty ecstatic. Especially if there were a small faint glimpse at what the Netflix series will look like, or BE like for that matter. 

Anyone have thoughts opposing or agreeing with this?

An anomaly? How?

I mean... I'm just gonna be real here. I've seen the leaks of next year's sets. And I'm not going to discuss the contents of the leaks, but we all know there's going to be another winter wave of Bionicle sets, and with the release being only a few months away, you'd think lego's gotta show them off sometime before then. If they don't do it at NYCC, where then? Would they just... not show it off again, because Bionicle isn't their baby anymore? it's just another theme now?

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

An anomaly? How?

I mean... I'm just gonna be real here. I've seen the leaks of next year's sets. And I'm not going to discuss the contents of the leaks, but we all know there's going to be another winter wave of Bionicle sets, and with the release being only a few months away, you'd think lego's gotta show them off sometime before then. If they don't do it at NYCC, where then? Would they just... not show it off again, because Bionicle isn't their baby anymore? it's just another theme now?

LEGO also has plenty of Star Wars, Ninjago, Friends, Elves, Angry Birds, Super Heroes, Creator, etc etc sets coming out alongside the 2016 BIONICLE sets. If BIONICLE ought to be shown off at NYCC, then it follows that literally the entire 2016 wave of LEGO product should too. But of course that isn't going to happen, just like it didn't last year. In normal circumstances, sets are officially revealed when they are listed for sale on Amazon or Shop at Home or some other online shop.

If you look at the tweets LEGO has sent out about NYCC, the aesthetics of what material can be seen matches up more with Nexo Knights than BIONICLE. And that makes sense, Nexo Knights is LEGO's big, important marketing push for next year. I'm not saying there won't be any BIONICLE at NYCC (there always could be), I'm just saying there's no reason to count on it.

• Upvote 4

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

An anomaly? How?

My answer is pretty much what Pereki said with slight variation. BIONICLE was shown off last year because it was practically a "new" theme. This year they have a new theme called Nexo Knights, and I'd assume that they'd put everything they could into advertising that and making it the big show stopper. I'd say its reasonable to believe that if BIONICLE were to have a presence, it would be minimal at best and even then I doubt they'd show off the sets during this time. The only thing that seems to have even a bit of relevance to an event like this would be the netflix series. Basically, I'm just warning everyone to keep their hopes low. I'm sure there will be a lot of self-entitled fans complaining if nothing is shown, and I just want to get all of this out there to ensure that they had a chance to lower their expectations. Any butt-hurt from this point on will be on them. We all have to remember, LEGO never said anything about BIONICLE being represented at this event and thus no one should get upset if it isn't. (I'm not trying to be bitter, I just am. ;) )

Edited by Tarvaxx

All right, then. Well, I can still see them showing Tahu and whatever small set he gets paired up with on display in a little glass box, possibly combined.

I see what you did there, you sneaky snake you. 

It does seem that your hypothesis could be plausible, and I could also see them showing "Tahu and whatever small set he gets paired up with on display in a little glass box, possibly combined". This combination could also perhaps be similar to that of the hieroglyphics we were treated to in episode 18 of the web series. I suppose there might be a "phoenix" Tahu of sorts on display, and since it wouldn't take up much space considering it would be one single entity, they could definitely show it off without it taking up much room. Of course, that's all conjecture... ;)

Edited by Tarvaxx

That picture is actually quite old. The interesting thing about it is that it seems to use the actual sets edited into an artsy background. Who'da thunk. 

Edit: Does anyone know when NYCC ends? Tomorrow is the last chance for any BIONICLE related press releases, correct? In other words, its the day that I get to laugh maniacally at the people who get their abhorred unrealistic expectations dashed in the high speed winds of reality. ;) 

• Upvote 2

Yes, Pohatu has been shown to be able to fly around on his sand tornadoes. I mean, it's on his box art.

I'd assumed said Sand Tornados would require ground below them... which, judging from the perspective of that image, I'd guess Pohatu does not have ground beneath that tornado. 

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Angry birds is supposed to be showcased today. I guess there's still Sunday.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

That picture is actually quite old. The interesting thing about it is that it seems to use the actual sets edited into an artsy background. Who'da thunk.

Edit: Does anyone know when NYCC ends? Tomorrow is the last chance for any BIONICLE related press releases, correct? In other words, its the day that I get to laugh maniacally at the people who get their abhorred unrealistic expectations dashed in the high speed winds of reality. ;)

NYCC ends tomorrow, in Sunday. I've been to NYCC today this morning, there weren't any sign of Bionicle. Just Nexo Knights.

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Oh my gosh, Eurico Silva is driving me CRAZY. I've spent the last hour and a half just replying to his obnoxious comments on youtube, and now I have a headache. Anyone else being badgered by this creep?

Edited by NickonAquaMagna
  • Upvote 3

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Oh my gosh, Eurico Silva is driving me CRAZY. I've spent the last hour and a half just replying to his obnoxious comments on youtube, and now I have a headache. Anyone else being badgered by this creep?

Easy solution: ignore him entirely. ;) Whether he has a legit opinion or is just trashing something, if he's annoying you, just stay away.

EDIT: Just found what you're talking about. Take 'im down, Nick! :P

Edited by Bonkle
  • Upvote 1

Easy solution: ignore him entirely. ;) Whether he has a legit opinion or is just trashing something, if he's annoying you, just stay away.

He's... insufferable. He just won't stop until I accept his "reality" that it is NOT OKAY to like anything about G2. And yeah, it'd be easy to just call him a troll, but... no. He really does believe in every thing he says to a fanatic degree. It's crazy. Like... he's completely flooded my video reviews of the new sets and killed any discussion that could still potentially be had. His cat's face is everywhere, now.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna
  • Upvote 2

He's... insufferable. He just won't stop until I accept his "reality" that it is NOT OKAY to like anything about G2. And yeah, it'd be easy to just call him a troll, but... no. He really does believe in every thing he says to a fanatic degree. It's crazy. Like... he's completely flooded my video reviews of the new sets and killed any discussion that could still potentially be had. His cat's face is everywhere, now.

I see that. It's like

They made a mask called the MoC.

THEY'RE SO UNORIGINAL THEY'RE STEALING IDEAS

Come on. We didn't even see what the original looked like, much less get a physical copy of it. I'm sure he would've been fine if they called it the Mask of Building or something, but no, it alters something from his precious G1.

Isn't there a "Block [insert person here] from channel" option on Youtube settings?

Anyway, ignore him, but if it's bothering you that much, try to block him from anything you upload. I don't really know how to do that, but I know it can be done in Youtube settings.

Anyway, now that the animations have concluded for the year, I don't really know how to feel about them. They served their purpose, and you could tell at the end that the budget was running out just by the pacing. I admire them for what they are: advertisements that work in getting people to buy the product. As for the story, I think it is good for the medium in which it was produced, but not the best story in the world. I feel like people got so hyped last October that they thought 2015 was going to have the next "great American novel" or something, but I digress. I went in with low expectations, and I am now impressed by what I have seen. However, this is definitely not the next "great American novel"; I knew from the get-go that it wouldn't be, either. How do you top stories like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea or The Great Gatsby if you're a children's toy commercial? You don't, and that's what I expected.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Isn't there a "Block [insert person here] from channel" option on Youtube settings?

Anyway, ignore him, but if it's bothering you that much, try to block him from anything you upload. I don't really know how to do that, but I know it can be done in Youtube settings.

Anyway, now that the animations have concluded for the year, I don't really know how to feel about them. They served their purpose, and you could tell at the end that the budget was running out just by the pacing. I admire them for what they are: advertisements that work in getting people to buy the product. As for the story, I think it is good for the medium in which it was produced, but not the best story in the world. I feel like people got so hyped last October that they thought 2015 was going to have the next "great American novel" or something, but I digress. I went in with low expectations, and I am now impressed by what I have seen. However, this is definitely not the next "great American novel"; I knew from the get-go that it wouldn't be, either. How do you top stories like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea or The Great Gatsby if you're a children's toy commercial? You don't, and that's what I expected.

I'm gonna be that guy and say a story's worth is subjective. I'd also like to point out that BIONICLE has brought forth really good stories such as Time Trap... that's still my favorite BIONICLE story to this day. It just depends on how much quality someone is willing/is allowed to put into their writing and plot making.

I think this year did good, for what it was given to tell a story. I have high hopes for the Netflix series.

Oh, and everyone should keep their eyes peeled, official 2016 images for LEGO sets are starting to come out.

Edited by Tarvaxx
  • Upvote 1

snip

snip
snip
I'm gonna be that guy and say a story's worth is subjective.

That's fine, and I'll respect anyone whose opinion differs. But this guy is treating his ideas like fact and saying that G2 is unoriginal and lazy because they reused a name.
I've ran into the guy before, and WON. You just have to be persistent and have the glare and cunning of Miles Edgeworth.

Anyway, now that the animations have concluded for the year, I don't really know how to feel about them. They served their purpose, and you could tell at the end that the budget was running out just by the pacing. I admire them for what they are: advertisements that work in getting people to buy the product. As for the story, I think it is good for the medium in which it was produced, but not the best story in the world. I feel like people got so hyped last October that they thought 2015 was going to have the next "great American novel" or something, but I digress. I went in with low expectations, and I am now impressed by what I have seen. However, this is definitely not the next "great American novel"; I knew from the get-go that it wouldn't be, either. How do you top stories like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea or The Great Gatsby if you're a children's toy commercial? You don't, and that's what I expected.

Yes, there is: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/56113?hl=en

Also: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/111870?hl=en

Anyway, I liked Bionicle better than The Great Gatsby. At least Mata Nui won the giant robot fight. Gatsby was just about a bunch of people drinking and committing adultery and someone dying conveniently to cover it all up. I never got what depth people got out of it - it was just a sad story that really didn't have a point.   

I was just trying to make the example that Bionicle isn't "The greatest story ever made and revered by the world". Even though some think it is one of the best, I don't, and I certainly did not expect the animations to portray the story as something world-moving. It's just a toy line with a story to boot, albeit a good story to tell. 

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif