How should I start wasting my money again?

I literally grew up with bionicle. I was born in 2000 and when I was old enough to understand the story, I was hooked. Unfortunately, I was also broke, for obvious reasons. Now that the new series is out, I'm wondering what to buy first. I have the majority of the books, and all my sets went to the Great Parts Pile in the Sky. What should I do first?

Get money to get broke?

Nah, I already have money, I just want to know if there is any preferable way to get broke.

There are plenty ways to 'get broke', but I'm afraid none of the ones that currently come to mind are things this site would wish to see encouraged or discussed.

By the way, when did you become a fan of Bionicle?

Born in 2000 huh...I got into bionicle when it was just released and I have to say if you want to get broke and get awesome sets I recommend collecting some of the 2001-2004 arc characters. Turaga and matoran make incredible sets and you can get them without breaking your bank. They also had tons of awesome original toa. Seriously check out some of 2001. They are some of my favorite sets to play with.

Born in 2000 huh...I got into bionicle when it was just released and I have to say if you want to get broke and get awesome sets I recommend collecting some of the 2001-2004 arc characters. Turaga and matoran make incredible sets and you can get them without breaking your bank. They also had tons of awesome original toa. Seriously check out some of 2001. They are some of my favorite sets to play with.

Um, the old figures tend to be the most expensive unless they're incomplete.

I literally grew up with bionicle. I was born in 2000 and when I was old enough to understand the story, I was hooked. Unfortunately, I was also broke, for obvious reasons. Now that the new series is out, I'm wondering what to buy first. I have the majority of the books, and all my sets went to the Great Parts Pile in the Sky. What should I do first?

i was also born in 2000 and i suggest to buy the toa first and then if you can you buy the 1 villain and then the deffenders

I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the Matoran Universe

Incomplete, used or an incredible bargain! The latter being an extreme rarity.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Incomplete, used or an incredible bargain! The latter being an extreme rarity.

There was a person last month on Amazon that sold the Toa Mata for less than 20 USD each, but most of them were sold pretty quickly. I had planned to get Kopaka, Pohatu and Tahu from the guy, but aside from Kopaka they went poof; he looks nice on my dresser next to Jaller Mahri and Zaktan, just wish he had Pohatu to talk his head off. :P

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

As suggested, go for the early sets. A full set of Mata is a must and then go for the big Rahi. Not only are they very cool, they're also a guaranteed way to get broke fast! I'd recommend Muaka and Kane Ra and the Manas as the kings of the mata Nui sets... After you're tapped out on the original releases my personal favourites from the later releases were those in the 2006 line. The Inika were ugly and awful but the Piraka were great and the titans were IMO some of the best we've ever seen. Aonn, Brutaka and Vezon + Fenrakk are all must buys if you want to lose your money and be happy about what you spent it on!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!