Hitman XII: Maskmaker

Axilus Prime

WHOA. Lost track of time so hard just now. I need to get the scene up!

---

This fight had been going on way too long. Zakaro slammed his hands on the ground, causing a huge quake. A massive earthen hand grew out of the ground, formed a fist, and swung at Burnmad. "Look on the bright side! With my powers I can actually make a grave for you!"

Burnmad drew his Fire Swords and sent a concentrated blast at the earthen fist. In seconds, it melted into lava. He combined his swords into a lavaboard, hopped on, and surfed away. "Not this time." He would have shot Zakaro for that, but he had new targets located thanks to his Mask of Aggression, and they were unaware of his presence.

Aiwendil was swinging his warhammer at Pulse when a Midak Skyblaster shot sent it flying out of his hand. "Karzahni!" He jumped away, and Pulse dodged the next shot from Burnmad's Skyblaster entirely. Aiwendil left to look for a new weapon. Burnmad cursed at having missed both his targets, then his eyes got wide.

Pulse had drawn a Lerahk staff, and he threw it into the lava Burnmad was surfing in on. The lava turned greenish, corroded the lavaboard, and caused it to crumble. Burnmad fell into the poisonous lava and died horribly.

JAG charged into the battle, Cordak Blaster held up. Before he could fire, though, he slipped in poisonous lava and fell on his arse. Luckily, the substance had spread thin enough that he wasn't submerged in it like a certain unfortunate individual, and so he managed to ignore the pain and get to his feet. "Rrrgh..." The next pain he felt, however, he could not ignore. That was the pain of Pulse decapitating him. At that moment, Zakaro caught up to Burnmad, only to find he was not there. 

Rather unfortunately for more than one individual, JAG had a Mask of Vengeance. The residual energy from his body was redirected through the mask, and Pulse's head exploded. At the same time...

Zakaro was killed by JAG's explosion.

---

Casualty list:

Burnmad

JAG

Pulse

Zakaro

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Perhaps they forgot entirely to send in kills. I know that JiMing was busy helping with the Smash Update for Drift Force, and I think Caboose was busy enough recently to consider not rejoining Drift Force's new cycle.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I put failed attempts and "too late" attempts (attempts that would have succeeded if not for someone else getting it first, because I RNG the results in the order the attacks are sent in) in the scene only if it serves the scenewriting.

I couldn't think of a good way to put in some people's failed attacks, so I just left them out of the scene.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Here we go.

---

Phoenix Zero, Aiwendil, and Caboose stood evenly spaced apart, each facing the center of the triangle their positions formed. For a few moments, no one moved. Aiwendil sneezed after that time, and everyone snapped into action. No sooner had they begun to charge than the whole area turned dark, courtesy of Caboose' shadow powers. Still able to see, however, Caboose drew his twin Cordak Blasters and fired them at Aiwendil and Phoenix.

Phoenix, with his Fire powers, sensed the heat of the propulsion and used that to dodge despite the total darkness everyone was in. The explosions felled large trees behind him. Aiwendil, meanwhile, dodged a few shots by luck. He bumped into Phoenix by accident, and as the two fell, he stole Phoenix' warhammer, the T-Breaker. He listened for the sound of the incoming rockets and used the hammer's massive head to block them.

"Scrap!" Caboose reloaded his Cordak Blasters to prepare to fire again.

Phoenix, however, had not only sensed the heat in the rockets, but in the guns' barrels as well. "Give me that!" He took back his T-Breaker and followed his senses, coming to the smoking barrels of the Cordak Blasters. With a swing, he struck Caboose in the shin, knocking him over and t-breaking his concentration. Light returned to the area, and with another swing, Phoenix crushed one of the Cordak Blasters.

"GET OFF!" Caboose unloaded three shots with his remaining blaster into Phoenix' chest point blank, sending him flying back several feet, bleeding all over the ground around him. When Caboose got to his feet, however, he noticed that Aiwendil was in an almost meditative position. What is he doing...? Knowing the danger of leaving him unchecked, he fired more shots with his Cordak Blaster.

It was too late. Aiwendil had been concentrating on his Air powers to the highest possible degree. In an instant, the rockets were pulled toward each other by a vacuum and detonated--without even a spark of flame. Next, the air was sucked from Caboose's lungs. Creating a vacuum was great effort for a Toa of Air, but what came next was even more difficult. It would take all of his remaining elemental power.

Aiwendil converted the air he had drawn out of Caboose into another kind of air--toxic carbon monoxide. He released his hold on the vacuum to allow the makeshift poison into Caboose's lungs. Caboose fell on his knees, convulsed, and died.

Phoenix Zero, however, was anything but idle. He had charged up his Z-Buster to the highest possible level, and taken aim at Aiwendil's head. He fired the shot, but as it flew through the air...

Aiwendil's head exploded. The shot flew right over the hole in his neck. "THAT IS SO CHEAP!" Phoenix got to his feet, irritated that his kill was stolen by a single mask. But then, he realized something that eased the pain significantly.

---

Phoenix Zero is the champion of Hitman XII: Maskmaker.

Now then, any volunteers to host the next?

• Upvote 2

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Well I made it to the last round, and I finally killed someone!

he noticed that Aiwendil was in an almost meditative position. What is he doing...? Knowing the danger of leaving him unchecked, he fired more shots with his Cordak Blaster.

Finally, someone understands. =P

Edited by Doorman

Previously known as Aiwendil.

I'll want to at some point, but I think I should hone my skills a bit first. Maybe after Steal the Mask 2 gets started. That'll be a good way to improve my writing skills. I practically wrote novels for that anyway.

Edited by Neo ShadowVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

nipah~~~

^_^

I may need a little coaching in how to properly do it all once I start it, but yeah.

Alrighty, here it is:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15978-hitman-xiii-you-need-not-know-the-name/

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)